The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: VPNs, Noord VPN, Proxies, etc.  (Read 7518 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: VPNs, Noord VPN, Proxies, etc.
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2019, 03:49:09 PM »
I just thought I'd share an experiment I just tried. I don't know why I have not done this before, I should've.
I just used TeamViewer to dictate from my mobile phone using my voice, of course, onto a Word document on my remote PC. Of course it worked perfectly. The connection was a mobile data connection.

I am not a big user of dictation, I find that bashing the keyboard slows me down enough that my thoughts are organised as I type. Dictating is faster on so my voice runs ahead of my organised thoughts giving a rather odd form of confusion. I know that some people find dictation convenient so this idea might help them more than me.

It is easy enough to open a document in TeamViewer on a phone, but using a phone keyboard is not so easy.

Using TeamViewer in a mixture of dictation and keyboard might make remote access even easier.

For myself, I will continue to use my phone connected to my portable monitor and Bluetooth keyboard to have a very portable, always ready, mobile solution. However, for quick alterations to client documents this might be a useful way to make revisions while on the road.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Registration