The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Alexey Pushkov - Interview of the former deputy at the Russian Duma  (Read 2357 times)

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Alexey Pushkov - Interesting Interview with
the former deputy of the State Duma in Moscow.

I am sure our Russian experts.... will dispute most of what he had to say!

:thumbsup:

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Alexey Pushkov - Interview of the former deputy at the Russian Duma
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 11:20:03 AM »
interesting, not too much to disagree with. As is usual with senior Russian politicians these days, a well informed, reasoned and reasonable presentation.

Of course, the interviewer was not throwing any hard balls, but that was not the purpose here.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 01:09:20 PM »
I agree with your comments.......but I think all the "hard Balls" are answered by the President.

I noticed the President, after his last re-election, has become very comfortable and consummate politician and handles interviews or speeches very professionally.

He had many years practice but I prefer to listen to him than Tramp......!

:coffeeread:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 04:52:35 PM »
'Well informed' ?

1/ Skripals .. which nations support the Kremlin BS that it wasn't a message not to help western authorities try to crack down on the various franchises with govt connections running 'businesses' to launder money ?

2/ Syria ?  The Kremlin will have to keep it's forces there,  in order to endure al-Assad's dictatorial and murderous regime

3/ Venezuela ? Supporting another regime that 'claims to have 'won' well dodgy elections

4/ Turkey ? Erdogan got a good kicking last week in the local elections and that'll be another 'ally' that will either be gone - or take his country to civil war ..Whether that is 'good for the Kremlin' / NATO - it is sure not good for the people. Why all the fuss about the S-400's ? NATO experts can have a look at the performance and attributes ?

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Registration