The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: VK Ban for Ukrainians!?!  (Read 6589 times)

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
Re: VK Ban for Ukrainians!?!
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2019, 08:01:34 PM »

American men have to meet IMBRA requirements if they use a marriage agency. I used an international dating site finding my wife and didn't need to submit the required paperwork.

Offline alwayspete

• Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting!
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2019, 01:06:38 AM »

It works like this now:

30-38 year old guys= very little chance , nearly zero as they will be looking for a girl 28-33 women this age simply are not interested any more, yes ok a few maybe , but very few AND your going to need to offer something good to make them want to leave their country, family and friends it will also need to be a BIG love! It is possible but very hard.

Best solution? Move to the girls country! Its a different case then  :thumbsup:

40-50 year old guys = Not to bad chance IF you are realistic in the age criteria of the women you seek, 45 and over searching a women 38-41 you should have no problem, though still not easy and lots of work!

50-60 year old guys = The ideal age to find a partner from any FSU country if you seek a women in a realistic age criteria and are not wasting time chasing school girls about

it's as easy as 1-2-3

Thats the best and most realistic dating advice you can get when it comes to age.. tiphat

Thanks Steve for the advice.

Pete :")

Offline alwayspete

« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2019, 01:10:23 AM »

Not stalking but investigating. There's a difference because the intentions are different.

:thumbsup:

Thanks Olga for all your support. A woman with good common sense & brains!

Offline alwayspete

Re: Staking vs. due diligence
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2019, 06:15:36 AM »
Aha, so now I am already stalking. Nice! An example:

Men and women check each other out, it's especially common in the current
internet age.

I have three sisters two are married and one is not. My unmarried sister runs
a credit and background check on any guy she dates. If somebody wanted to
call that stalking she couldn't care less, she would prefer to know if the guy
is deserving enough to date her.

Look at this board we tell guys to google a woman's name and address or
even sections of her letters.

It's not stalking, it's sifting through your options. There are millions of guys
out there so you can't date each one of them to figure out if he is a good choice. 
You use whatever technological tools you can find to help you weed out or sift
out the lesser options so that you can spend your valuable time examining the
higher quality options.

Those methods make total sense, and are EXACTLY what I advise men to do.
Cast a wide net, sift through what you find, immediately dump anybody with
any character issues, dump anybody who is less than totally interested in you
lather, rinse and repeat until you find a keeper then get on a plane.

How would my advice be any different for a woman?

Informative post! :thumbsup: Clever sister!

Offline alwayspete

« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2019, 06:20:57 AM »
Olga, there is no difference between men and women when checking the reality of the info, on say a dating site. In English it is often referred to as due diligence. The problem (stalking) comes when a person uses the information for either personal gain or to harass the other party. As far as I can see no one, including our hero Pete, has done this. Though there are some accusations too that present regarding three members.

It is a different matter if one snags images that are available on the internet (say FaceBook) and (mis)uses them. The standards are evolving but caution and courtesy should be the guiding principle.

Thank you AvHdB for making my perspective more clearer for the readers!

Offline alwayspete

« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2019, 06:33:43 AM »

Very few very young adults do international dating because they are just starting out in their career and they cannot afford to spend large sums of money dating UNLESS they were born with a "silver spoon" :money:  or they are raised in overseas locations.

Thanks for this bit of information!

Offline alwayspete

Re: Staking vs. due diligence
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2019, 06:49:47 AM »

I remember one FSU women engaged to a man and she created a profile with another woman's photos and wrote to her fiancée from that profile. Her fiancee wanted to hook up with the girl. She called it off.

Some men do that too. Some think it's unethical but it's your life and responsibility to learning the person you're engaged to is loyal. Trust but verify.

Wow!! That was neatly done by the lady! Be loyal. Resist temptations guys. For none of it ends up to be good. Yes finding out whether your partner is truly a good apple & worth your time & life is important before making further steps.

Offline alwayspete

« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2019, 06:57:51 AM »
Olga, your English is clearly better than mine. I am unable to make more clear my point.

My apologies for my failure to communicate with the clarity you need. Due to my inability to communicate I am not going to waste your time by revisiting a point I am unable to express properly.

But you did make your perspective clear. We do understand you and your reasons for your choice. Good man, great ethics but the wrong place to practice them with blind trust. Thank you Sir for your input.

Offline alwayspete

« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2019, 07:05:49 AM »
Hi Pete,

One can chuckle at the personalities as they interact, such is RUA.

Take the advice that fits and use it to your advantage. Begin to think of dates that you might be able to visit Russia, Ukraine and or Farawaystan. I certainly would formulate a plan B. Learn some basic Russian and study the culture and history of the target region.

Ask questions here and discard the popcorn munchers, inflexible opinions and those with an agenda.

Your points all taken in, as a dry sponge! Thanks AvHdB. That's exactly what I do before I make a trip! But thank you anyway.

Offline alwayspete

« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2019, 07:17:52 AM »

As long as you have a "clean background" the law should be irrelevant to you.  From what I heard about the situation where the law originated from the guy did NOT have a "clean background".  So the law would have been an issue with "closet homicidal maniacs".   :duh:

Thanks for sharing information on the IMBRA & how it came to be. I won't be needing it though. But isn't the law compulsory for all U.S. citizens marrying women from foreign countries?

Online dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2019, 05:17:46 PM »

As long as you have a "clean background" the law should be irrelevant to you.  From what I heard about the situation where the law originated from the guy did NOT have a "clean background".  So the law would have been an issue with "closet homicidal maniacs".   :duh:

Thanks for sharing information on the IMBRA & how it came to be. I won't be needing it though. But isn't the law compulsory for all U.S. citizens marrying women from foreign countries?

The law was meant to "restrict" US men who used foreign dating services by "forcing" them to provide evidence or sign an affidavit that they are not "abusers" or someone with a criminal background.  People from other countries should not need to be concerned with this - until someone in that country does something nefarious with a foreign spouse.   :fighting0025:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline alwayspete

« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2019, 01:10:41 AM »

The law was meant to "restrict" US men who used foreign dating services by "forcing" them to provide evidence or sign an affidavit that they are not "abusers" or someone with a criminal background.  People from other countries should not need to be concerned with this - until someone in that country does something nefarious with a foreign spouse.   :fighting0025:

Got it! Thanks a bunch!

Offline Brian275

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #137 on: Yesterday at 05:04:56 PM »
Pete there is a site known as https://www.ukrainedate.com/  where you pay for 1 month, 3 months or one year membership. Then the lady if she also has a paid membership can give you her contact details directly.

Many or most of the women on PPL sites have no clue who you are, it’s a complete scam. A translator is writing the letters to you, the models just check in once a week for their cut of the profit.

PT Barnum is attributed with saying there’s “a sucker born every minute”* and these sites are masters at extracting $$ from gullible westerners.

Steveboy’s site looks far more legitimate to me. Give up your illusion and start over completely. Good luck.

* also attributed to https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungry_Joe

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/apr/06/ukraine-wife-internet-romance-industry-online-scam

Given those sites don't have any moral scruples I wonder why they even pay the girls in the first place. One would think they'd just steal their pictures from VK, Mamba, rival dating sites, Google Images, etc. Although I am sure many do operate like this.

Offline Brian275

« Reply #138 on: Yesterday at 05:11:25 PM »
Pete, you need to actually read the responses you get here....

you were told about VPN's, and yet you still asked how it's possible for Ukrainians to access sites.
Virtual Private Networks
I use Nord, and it's worth the small amount costs

cheers

Yep, thats exactly how. Most of my Ukrainian friends still use it. Initially after the ban many stopped using it. But it didn't take long for them to get that VPN.

Offline Brian275

« Reply #139 on: Yesterday at 05:20:47 PM »

I'm old enough. I've travelled before.

You are offered the job for a couple of hours for 3 days in a week or so. The pay per hour is good. But still won't do. Rent in Ukraine is not cheap so this may just cover the rent. Does it help. Sure it does. Is that enough. Sure it's not. Thanks again.

It's not about age but experience...with the type of questions you are asking it shows you haven't done it before.

Forget about teaching English in Ukraine. no money there. I mean go to Moscow.

The main factor is what age range of woman are you looking at.  Someone in their 20's is completely different than someone in their 40's. Aim for a 5-7 year gap if you are under 35.  If you are over than you got more leeway.

Actually every thing comes down to your age today when pursuing a FSU women..

Lots has changed in the last 6/7 years when it comes to searching a women from say Russia.. I did offer $1000.00 here a few years ago as the wedding present to any guy who marries a girl under 30 and posts his pictures and story here.. no one ever got to get that.. to late now I need the money :)

It works like this now:

30-38 year old guys= very little chance , nearly zero as they will be looking for a girl 28-33 women this age simply are not interested any more, yes ok a few maybe , but very few AND your going to need to offer something good to make them want to leave their country, family and friends it will also need to be a BIG love! It is possible but very hard.

Best solution? Move to the girls country! Its a different case then  :thumbsup:

40-50 year old guys = Not to bad chance IF you are realistic in the age criteria of the women you seek, 45 and over searching a women 38-41 you should have no problem, though still not easy and lots of work!

50-60 year old guys = The ideal age to find a partner from any FSU country if you seek a women in a realistic age criteria and are not wasting time chasing school girls about

it's as easy as 1-2-3

Thats the best and most realistic dating advice you can get when it comes to age.. tiphat

I do think the younger guys can 'get lucky' though, to some extent, in the FSU. But by 'getting lucky' I mean one-night stands. If they have enough 'game' and are decent looking enough then they can be successful in the clubs. Have seen it plenty of times during my years in the region. But being successful in the DATING world? Entirely different. Again, as you said, unless he moves there then its really difficult. At least nowadays. And, obviously most 'wife/girlfriend' hunters aren't going to be satisfied with one-night stands and neither should they be. To each their own but it's really not fulfilling.