The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Dating in the FSU in 2019  (Read 7337 times)

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Dating in the FSU in 2019
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2019, 05:59:32 PM »
Americans are not travelling abroad like they once did. Why? Speculation ranges between reduced disposable income and more nationalism under Trump (including continual anti-Russian news pieces).

The economy here is actually doing pretty well, with low unemployment and a lot of firms reporting "Trump dividends".  Even the mothership of my employer which did not have a lot of overseas cash to repatriate has been padding our retirement accounts to the tune of a few thousand bucks a year for the past couple of years, in addition to the usual match that they do. 

Also, an American husband is not seen any more in these places as the prize it once was.

Depends on the guy.  If you are a f*cktard from Arkansas who lives in a trailer park, you are not going to have the same draw you had during the financial crisis.  If you are a "normal" with acceptable table manners and who looks "employable", you will do just fine. 

B/B

Typical republican propaganda.  But this specific thread is about relationships so let me elaborate my point without getting into politics.  It is undeniable that the economy in Russia post 2000 has improved by leaps and bounds.   It is obvious in the good cafes, luxury cars, the number of Russian women traveling abroad.  In America we went through more than one bad president, a financial crisis and a divided country.  There are many Americans that don't even have health insurance or a retirement account.  Did we forget the millions of people that lost their homes and jobs in America in 2008?  Not everyone has recovered.  We, in America were much better off in the 1990's and Russia was a lot poorer in the 1990's.  Supply and demand.  In 1996 there were more poor Russian women than now and there were more affluent Americans than now.  The tables have turned. 

Offline Omega1982

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2019, 06:03:19 PM »
also now American men dating in Russia are competing against Chinese men.  I read somewhere how the affluent Chinese men are seeking brides in Siberia. 

In 2000 China was less affluent than now.  It's all numbers. 

Basic economic laws apply here. 

You have a resource which is scarce (Russian women willing to relocate) and many people are interested, not just Americans. 

So to simply say oh the unemployment rate is low under Trump and I got a $1000 bonus on my 401k is only looking at a miniscule part of the big picture. 

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2019, 06:26:20 PM »
also now American men dating in Russia are competing against Chinese men.  I read somewhere how the affluent Chinese men are seeking brides in Siberia. 

You have a resource which is scarce (Russian women willing to relocate) and many people are interested, not just Americans. 

So to simply say oh the unemployment rate is low under Trump and I got a $1000 bonus on my 401k is only looking at a miniscule part of the big picture.

Hey Omega,

A woman isn’t something you purchase and neither is love. Women do pick up on that kind of attitude as well.

Offline Omega1982

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2019, 06:31:27 PM »

Hey Omega,

A woman isn’t something you purchase and neither is love. Women do pick up on that kind of attitude as well.

naturally.  however no sensible woman wants to marry a pauper and no sensible man wants to marry a woman that is financially irresponsible. 

because at the end of the day it is the children that suffer from either mistake. 

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2019, 06:43:51 PM »

Hey Omega,

naturally.  however no sensible woman wants to marry a pauper and no sensible man wants to marry a woman that is financially irresponsible. 

because at the end of the day it is the children that suffer from either mistake.

Agree 100% with that.

It’s none of my business really, just an observation. No need to answer this, but are you only dating 25 year old models and beauty queens? Perfect 10’s who know it and want to “sell” their youth and beauty?

Trust me down to earth 7’s are better!

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2019, 09:23:05 PM »

Down to earth 10's are ever better than 7's
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2019, 10:23:03 PM »

Down to earth 10's are ever better than 7's

You love your wife, which is why you believe she is a 10.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

BTW I thought guys who got a divorce were of “poor moral character” or some such you wrote.  :laugh:

Online Guile

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2019, 12:11:40 AM »

BTW I thought guys who got a divorce were of “poor moral character” or some such you wrote.  :laugh:

Don't think Billy ever wrote that...it was some other lunatics Bee Farmer and another wacko not here.

Surprisingly there are some 7-8's who act more queen like than 10's which I know!

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2019, 07:07:00 AM »
Look for Elena Petrova as that will give the clear and real honest way as this forum will not!

She who sold up and retired years ago?  (:)

No but providing direct links would properly be against forum policy or someone would think I am just here to promote something.

Elena Petrova is elenasmodels and womenrussia websites.

As I said, she sold up years ago and the sites were all bought out. We used to have an advertising arrangement with them and the new owners didnt want to pay their bills to us. I published it, withdrew their ads and offered to sue them and they eventually coughed up.

We used to get Xmas cards from Elena. Do some research, chap.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2019, 07:26:27 AM »

Don't think Billy ever wrote that...it was some other lunatics Bee Farmer and another wacko not here.

Surprisingly there are some 7-8's who act more queen like than 10's which I know!

I have no clue who you’re writing about from a different forum.

Read BillyB’s recent posts on this forum only!

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2019, 09:13:09 AM »

I never said that.

If you believe I said that, help everybody out with providing a link to it so all the divorced people in the world can beat me up.

Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2019, 09:58:05 AM »

Why is it that perennially single guys feel the need to post as if they 'can rate'  the women they might encounter...and prob never even meet in reality with 'authority' ?

They are normally the posters who are in denial as to who they are or 'were'..

The guys who marry and stay married to their 10's ..Now, at last they can smile at such bollox......and rightly so.

There's not a few here who post.some twaddle about dating / relationships...and it shows...

Then there"s one guy who 'objects' to my living with SC, when still legally married to another...))

Well, at least we can shut him up...
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2019, 10:03:09 AM »

I never said that.

If you believe I said that, help everybody out with providing a link to it so all the divorced people in the world can beat me up.

I can not recall any poster saying what is attributed to BillyB. Perhaps Lord Tiberius but that was donkey ages ago.

For a variety of reasons it is better if one keeps a glass wall between different forums.

NB: A Glass Wall is currently referred to as a Chinese Wall!
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2019, 12:09:17 PM »

I never said that.

Rosco already called you on your bad attitude towards divorced people.

Edit to add: Search under divorce by poster BillyB.

Poka!

Registration