The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Dating in the FSU in 2019  (Read 7334 times)

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
Dating in the FSU in 2019
« on: March 22, 2019, 09:45:24 PM »
Not many men posting here about meeting/dating Soviet women.  It's a shame its not what it used to be. The fsu is a great place to travel. 

Any thoughts?

I actually just returned from a brief trip to Ukraine.  I met a local woman, very nice, we had a great time.  She is a couple of years older than me, so I'm not sure if this will work out long term, but a very nice woman nonetheless. 

On the economic and touristic side, I still found the prices in Ukraine remarkably low.  The fsu in general provides for a clean and safe travel experience with an abundance of interesting sights, great infrastructure, beautiful architecture, all at rock bottom prices.  I've traveled to over forty countries and this is quite rare nowadays. 

So why aren't there men here posting about meeting women and traveling? 

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Dating in the FSU in 2019
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 02:40:46 AM »
Omega, it might help your success if you stop thinking of The FSU. The Soviet Union closed its doors almost 30 years ago. Any 'Soviet' women are old enough to be your mother and, from what we know of you, these women are not your target demographic.

Try to think of women as people, in a place, the product of their environment - but that environment is not what you think it is.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 03:53:46 AM »
Omega

Welcome to the world of an 'andrewfi dressing down '..;)

FSU is still  fine to describe a basket of nations in that part of the world.

Andrewfi, wants us to fulfil his prophesy that western guys would still be dating FSU ladies..

The biz model went direct as everyone got connected.

Enjoy the fun of travelling and meeting new people and seeing new places..

FAR more interesting than reading  the rants of old gits who serially fail in this game...yet persist in trying to belittle others

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 04:25:13 AM »
Americans were always the biggest sector of the market.

Americans are not travelling abroad like they once did. Why? Speculation ranges between reduced disposable income and more nationalism under Trump (including continual anti-Russian news pieces).

Also, an American husband is not seen any more in these places as the prize it once was.

A combination of many little things I think.

Andrew did once write a report on the subject, foretelling this. People laughed, yet here we are......
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 05:06:32 AM »
Not many men posting here about meeting/dating Soviet women.  It's a shame its not what it used to be. The fsu is a great place to travel. 

Any thoughts?

I actually just returned from a brief trip to Ukraine.  I met a local woman, very nice, we had a great time.  She is a couple of years older than me, so I'm not sure if this will work out long term, but a very nice woman nonetheless. 

On the economic and touristic side, I still found the prices in Ukraine remarkably low.  The fsu in general provides for a clean and safe travel experience with an abundance of interesting sights, great infrastructure, beautiful architecture, all at rock bottom prices.  I've traveled to over forty countries and this is quite rare nowadays. 

I would suggest that the majority here already wear the T shirt..
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 05:33:51 AM »
Moby, if one were to consistently refer to the United States as being part of the Former British Colonies In The Americas one might be factually correct but receive a well-justified dressing down. A sensible person (and yes, that probably excludes you) would say, with accuracy, that the people of the United States are no any longer defined by their time as being part of the British colonies. So, being sensible people, we do not do it - except occasionally, with somewhat humorous intent.

The same applies with regard to the FSU and referring to women who may well not even have been born during Soviet times as being Soviet Women. The words we use betray the thinking behind those words, this was the point I was making to poor Omega1982.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 05:40:54 AM »
Omega

Welcome to the world of an 'andrewfi dressing down '..;)

FSU is still  fine to describe a basket of nations in that part of the world.

Andrewfi, wants us to fulfil his prophesy that western guys would still be dating FSU ladies..

The biz model went direct as everyone got connected.

Enjoy the fun of travelling and meeting new people and seeing new places..

FAR more interesting than reading  the rants of old gits who serially fail in this game...yet persist in trying to belittle others

A very good description of yourself, WELL DONE... :thumbsup:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online Guile

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2019, 06:14:07 AM »

Quote from: moby

A very good description of yourself, WELL DONE... :thumbsup:

MUAHHAHA Moby PWNED!

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 11:08:02 AM »
I suspect Men are still  going to places all over the world to find
the love of their life. Considering internet dating and its rate of growth
maybe more than ever. I suspect less people are sharing that on forums
for a multitude of reasons. You can read many subjects here that would still
apply and you don't have to subject yourself to abuse in the process.
Far more information is available in more places than ever before.
Sites like this one have turned away from that and towards political conversations.
As always here you will get abused for posting almost anything, most folks don't
see the value in that.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Mr strange

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 03:08:02 PM »
Could not agree more!

5 or so people who think they know it all debating anything and each other to the point of devalue anyone with a real need for guidance in the dating with succes in Ukraine etc.

Now what was the actual topic of this thread?

Already gone down hill. No advice or help!

So best advice would be find the agencies with direct connections to the girls. Look for Elena Petrova as that will give the clear and real honest way as this forum will not!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2019, 04:09:08 PM »

Not so many guys are meeting women and travelling.

Some of us actually live 'here', it is just normal life and very different from the fantasies of vacationers.
Some of us talk about what fantasists will not ever come across, even if they bother to get a passport and a plane ticket.

Finding women is not hard, finding the right woman is harder, but there's no shortage of them. Somebody else made a point about people doing their contacting direct and I think that's probably the case. Given that, it is less likely that we will ever get lots of people sharing their stories because now there will be even fewer making trips because there are very, very few agencies to sell them those trips.

Offline yankee

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2019, 04:33:25 PM »

Not so many guys are meeting women and travelling.

Some of us actually live 'here', it is just normal life and very different from the fantasies of vacationers.
Some of us talk about what fantasists will not ever come across, even if they bother to get a passport and a plane ticket.

Finding women is not hard, finding the right woman is harder, but there's no shortage of them. Somebody else made a point about people doing their contacting direct and I think that's probably the case. Given that, it is less likely that we will ever get lots of people sharing their stories because now there will be even fewer making trips because there are very, very few agencies to sell them those trips.

Some of us didn't see the value in sharing their stories.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2019, 07:57:25 PM »

Any thoughts?

I believe most men find sites like this based on their interest in a FSU woman. I did it and I'm sure many others Googled for the same info. They aren't here for the politics or watching the regulars fight.

I noticed on the forum page that "Dating & Marriage With Women From Russia, Ukraine" threads are near the middle of the page after having to scroll down a bit. I believe if Manny puts that section at the top, it will be easier for newbies to find what they're looking for and they will be more likely to start threads and ask questions about relationships with women, their cultures, travel tips, and even tell their story of where they been and where they want to go. If they can't easily find what they're looking for, they will shop somewhere else. Like you Omega, I'd like to see more trip reports and topics pertaining to dating and marrying an FSU woman.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Omega1982

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2019, 08:20:19 PM »
Omega, it might help your success if you stop thinking of The FSU. The Soviet Union closed its doors almost 30 years ago. Any 'Soviet' women are old enough to be your mother and, from what we know of you, these women are not your target demographic.

Try to think of women as people, in a place, the product of their environment - but that environment is not what you think it is.

Andrew, the American revolution was twelve generations ago.  The fall of the Berlin Wall was one generation ago, it is therefore fresh in people's minds.  Perhaps you're old enough to have met George Washington but most people here never even met Nikita Krushev.  WE refer to the collective term fsu because of the similarities in economic styles, and their openness to date westerners.  Also because it was a phenomenom that happened with the fall of communism in 1989-1991. 

You're twisting my post, babbling utter rubbish and ignoring my original question. 

Just to get the topic back on track, the original question is what happened to fsu dating and what is it like in 2019?  For the western man of course. 

Offline Omega1982

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2019, 08:25:31 PM »

Any thoughts?

I believe most men find sites like this based on their interest in a FSU woman. I did it and I'm sure many others Googled for the same info. They aren't here for the politics or watching the regulars fight.

I noticed on the forum page that "Dating & Marriage With Women From Russia, Ukraine" threads are near the middle of the page after having to scroll down a bit. I believe if Manny puts that section at the top, it will be easier for newbies to find what they're looking for and they will be more likely to start threads and ask questions about relationships with women, their cultures, travel tips, and even tell their story of where they been and where they want to go. If they can't easily find what they're looking for, they will shop somewhere else. Like you Omega, I'd like to see more trip reports and topics pertaining to dating and marrying an FSU woman.

Thank you Billy.  I appreciate the kind words. 

I've actually dated in other parts of the world as well and I prefer the fsu.  More attractive women, good infrastructure, and good prices really make it a very positive experience.  Also the fact that most of the fsu is quite safe.  Places like latin America don't have the safety, the good trains, good infrastructure to make dating easier. 

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2019, 10:35:47 PM »
The term FSU is used by many here, because it is used and referenced here
in many topics, maybe it is outdated but it is also in the title of many thread topics here.
I believe many people date more direct and are using social media.
it is the way of the world now. Communication is instant and I suspect
many use dating apps versus dating sites. If the girls don't respond
and interact relatively quickly they just say next and move on.
Life in the 21st century. I suspect women from anywhere learn and
adapt much quicker than most of us give them credit for.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2019, 12:22:12 AM »
Moby, if one were to consistently refer to the United States as being part of the Former British Colonies In The Americas one might be factually correct but receive a well-justified dressing down. A sensible person (and yes, that probably excludes you) would say, with accuracy, that the people of the United States are no any longer defined by their time as being part of the British colonies. So, being sensible people, we do not do it - except occasionally, with somewhat humorous intent.

The same applies with regard to the FSU and referring to women who may well not even have been born during Soviet times as being Soviet Women. The words we use betray the thinking behind those words, this was the point I was making to poor Omega1982.

Nice try at selection from our perennially singe 'expert'  on dating in the FSU

Omega

Whilst a generation may have grown up in a recently independent nation.. Formerly Soviet..You will have observed the differences to western nations

This forum made a conscious move away from trip reports ..the a more Political theme...highly supportive of Moscow.

It would be great to read of your and other's exploits..

Too many members are fat because they sit on their arses.. criticising chaps like you for getting on a plane and learning by mistakes..
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2019, 01:07:14 AM »
Omega1982, if you really think that stuff which happened before your interlocutors were born, or at best reached puberty, is fresh in their minds then you have a singular lack of insight into the people you want to stop paying to meet.

Your words betray your programming and any marginally sentient person you accost with a view to a longish term assignation is going to understand you to be a bloke hugely out of touch with those he wishes to associate.

Right now you are as out of touch with the people you target as Donna Brazile, your countrywoman who still refers to Russians a 'those communists'. She has at least the figleaf of never having spent time in Russia or the surrounding countries and, as far as we know, doesn't spend her life trying to have sex with the people living there.

If you continue to see the world with a context that expired almost 2 decades ago then you will continue to fail at having real relationships with real women who want to live in your world. I know real people who were terribly affected by the events surrounding the end of the Soviet Union. Without exception they are much older than you and they absolutely do not live in that past. They have built lives that, while perhaps not exploiting their full human potential, give satisfaction and happiness to them and those they care about. I can't imagine how they might perceive a misguided young fellow as yourself but I think that they'd not be queuing up to introduce their daughters to you.

That you think my comments, based upon what I read here and from my first-hand knowledge is rubbish is sad and unfortunate. Until you can come to an understanding of yourself you will remain a paying tourist.

As for how is dating these days; well, online chat has largely replaced voice calls. We contact through friends, colleagues and meetings made online. We meet, socialise, have sex, argue, fall out and make lives just as it ever was. Apart from Americans paid to be over here, usually wearing a uniform and having a curfew, there's less of you lot than 20 years ago. But then, the need for a Knight in shining armour is pretty much gone - perhaps still a place for them in Ukraine.

Omega, you are not daft, nor are you evil, but we all carry with us patterns of thought and behaviour that reduce our ability to succeed at the things we want to succeed at. The way to attaining desired goals is to learn about the goals, but equally ourselves. That's true of me, it is true of you - but we have different priorities and thus different challenges.

Do not discount what you have read here, it is intended in a positive manner. But just ask yourself this question: why is it that you are, today, no closer to your goals than you were a decade ago?
What needs to change to get you there? Given that other people are attaining similar goals to yourself, every day, do you not think that it is likely that it is not everyone else that is the handicap to your success?

Offline Omega1982

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2019, 02:35:46 AM »
Andrew I am more familiar with the area than most.  How many former soviet republics have you visited?  I've been to over a dozen and I've dated in most of them. 

Of course I know things are different now than 20 years ago.  I fully agree that the dating scene has died out and that Americans are "no longer viewed as a prize" as Manny stated.  But it's still a good area to date.  Although more difficult and more challenging. 

I'm looking for positive comments and good ideas.  If you can't offer these then allow someone else to comment. 

No need for negativity and bad vibes nor for twisting one's words.  Obviously the economy has improved over there and less people are motivated to move and also Americans are more poor.  That's a fact.  But moving past that, there are still people interested in dating over there.  Otherwise what's the point of the forum?  Just to bicker and insult? 

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2019, 04:09:16 AM »
I have dated in the FSU for almost 3 years before meeting Lena. Most of this time-gap was because I could not get more vacation days from work.

I believe that if it takes you longer than 5-10 years to find someone (USA doesn't have as generous vacations and cost more to travel) then you're doing something wrong and you need a bit of soul-searching.

Mark.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Manny

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2019, 10:05:47 AM »
Look for Elena Petrova as that will give the clear and real honest way as this forum will not!

She who sold up and retired years ago?  (:)
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Mr strange

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2019, 05:08:03 PM »
Look for Elena Petrova as that will give the clear and real honest way as this forum will not!

She who sold up and retired years ago?  (:)

No but providing direct links would properly be against forum policy or someone would think I am just here to promote something.

Elena Petrova is elenasmodels and womenrussia websites.

To be a succes in todays world you need to learn from the succes people who has the knowledge to pass on and you don't get that education better than Elena. She is in business somehow as she is promoting dating courses.

She also point out what to avoid and how the industry of letter writing works.

On her website you can start with direct contact for a monthy fee.

As it is if I were to start looking that is one of the better options in my oppinion.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2019, 05:35:19 PM »
Americans are not travelling abroad like they once did. Why? Speculation ranges between reduced disposable income and more nationalism under Trump (including continual anti-Russian news pieces).

The economy here is actually doing pretty well, with low unemployment and a lot of firms reporting "Trump dividends".  Even the mothership of my employer which did not have a lot of overseas cash to repatriate has been padding our retirement accounts to the tune of a few thousand bucks a year for the past couple of years, in addition to the usual match that they do. 

Also, an American husband is not seen any more in these places as the prize it once was.

Depends on the guy.  If you are a f*cktard from Arkansas who lives in a trailer park, you are not going to have the same draw you had during the financial crisis.  If you are a "normal" with acceptable table manners and who looks "employable", you will do just fine. 

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Omega1982

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2019, 05:51:58 PM »
Omega1982, if you really think that stuff which happened before your interlocutors were born, or at best reached puberty, is fresh in their minds then you have a singular lack of insight into the people you want to stop paying to meet.

Your words betray your programming and any marginally sentient person you accost with a view to a longish term assignation is going to understand you to be a bloke hugely out of touch with those he wishes to associate.

Right now you are as out of touch with the people you target as Donna Brazile, your countrywoman who still refers to Russians a 'those communists'. She has at least the figleaf of never having spent time in Russia or the surrounding countries and, as far as we know, doesn't spend her life trying to have sex with the people living there.

If you continue to see the world with a context that expired almost 2 decades ago then you will continue to fail at having real relationships with real women who want to live in your world. I know real people who were terribly affected by the events surrounding the end of the Soviet Union. Without exception they are much older than you and they absolutely do not live in that past. They have built lives that, while perhaps not exploiting their full human potential, give satisfaction and happiness to them and those they care about. I can't imagine how they might perceive a misguided young fellow as yourself but I think that they'd not be queuing up to introduce their daughters to you.

That you think my comments, based upon what I read here and from my first-hand knowledge is rubbish is sad and unfortunate. Until you can come to an understanding of yourself you will remain a paying tourist.

As for how is dating these days; well, online chat has largely replaced voice calls. We contact through friends, colleagues and meetings made online. We meet, socialise, have sex, argue, fall out and make lives just as it ever was. Apart from Americans paid to be over here, usually wearing a uniform and having a curfew, there's less of you lot than 20 years ago. But then, the need for a Knight in shining armour is pretty much gone - perhaps still a place for them in Ukraine.

Omega, you are not daft, nor are you evil, but we all carry with us patterns of thought and behaviour that reduce our ability to succeed at the things we want to succeed at. The way to attaining desired goals is to learn about the goals, but equally ourselves. That's true of me, it is true of you - but we have different priorities and thus different challenges.

Do not discount what you have read here, it is intended in a positive manner. But just ask yourself this question: why is it that you are, today, no closer to your goals than you were a decade ago?
What needs to change to get you there? Given that other people are attaining similar goals to yourself, every day, do you not think that it is likely that it is not everyone else that is the handicap to your success?

Andrew we met in Estonia in November 2015.  Not sure how that is a decade for you. 

Offline Omega1982

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2019, 05:55:49 PM »
I have dated in the FSU for almost 3 years before meeting Lena. Most of this time-gap was because I could not get more vacation days from work.

I believe that if it takes you longer than 5-10 years to find someone (USA doesn't have as generous vacations and cost more to travel) then you're doing something wrong and you need a bit of soul-searching.

Mark.

My first trip was six years ago so hardly a decade.  I was in a relationship with three attractive women that all wanted to come to America, but one was emotionally unstable, and the other two did not want to learn any English, did not want to work or study and couldn't even balance a checkbook.  I could have easily brought any one of those three and appear triumphant here but I look at things long term. 

You guys have to understand that for a man that is 50, there are plenty of 38 year olds that are fit, attractive, well dressed and willing to come over. But I'm 36 and a woman under 30 that is mature mentally, has solid financial goals and is willing to relocate is more scarce. 

I do not plan to import a woman older than myself.  Women age more than men, and just as in finances I seek the long term.