The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Dating in the FSU in 2019  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
Dating in the FSU in 2019
« on: March 22, 2019, 09:45:24 PM »
Not many men posting here about meeting/dating Soviet women.  It's a shame its not what it used to be. The fsu is a great place to travel. 

Any thoughts?

I actually just returned from a brief trip to Ukraine.  I met a local woman, very nice, we had a great time.  She is a couple of years older than me, so I'm not sure if this will work out long term, but a very nice woman nonetheless. 

On the economic and touristic side, I still found the prices in Ukraine remarkably low.  The fsu in general provides for a clean and safe travel experience with an abundance of interesting sights, great infrastructure, beautiful architecture, all at rock bottom prices.  I've traveled to over forty countries and this is quite rare nowadays. 

So why aren't there men here posting about meeting women and traveling? 

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Dating in the FSU in 2019
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 02:40:46 AM »
Omega, it might help your success if you stop thinking of The FSU. The Soviet Union closed its doors almost 30 years ago. Any 'Soviet' women are old enough to be your mother and, from what we know of you, these women are not your target demographic.

Try to think of women as people, in a place, the product of their environment - but that environment is not what you think it is.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 03:53:46 AM »
Omega

Welcome to the world of an 'andrewfi dressing down '..;)

FSU is still  fine to describe a basket of nations in that part of the world.

Andrewfi, wants us to fulfil his prophesy that western guys would still be dating FSU ladies..

The biz model went direct as everyone got connected.

Enjoy the fun of travelling and meeting new people and seeing new places..

FAR more interesting than reading  the rants of old gits who serially fail in this game...yet persist in trying to belittle others

Offline Manny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 04:25:13 AM »
Americans were always the biggest sector of the market.

Americans are not travelling abroad like they once did. Why? Speculation ranges between reduced disposable income and more nationalism under Trump (including continual anti-Russian news pieces).

Also, an American husband is not seen any more in these places as the prize it once was.

A combination of many little things I think.

Andrew did once write a report on the subject, foretelling this. People laughed, yet here we are......
please tell me where I'm being / have been 'dishonest'? 
Yes, he said that.........

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 05:06:32 AM »
Not many men posting here about meeting/dating Soviet women.  It's a shame its not what it used to be. The fsu is a great place to travel. 

Any thoughts?

I actually just returned from a brief trip to Ukraine.  I met a local woman, very nice, we had a great time.  She is a couple of years older than me, so I'm not sure if this will work out long term, but a very nice woman nonetheless. 

On the economic and touristic side, I still found the prices in Ukraine remarkably low.  The fsu in general provides for a clean and safe travel experience with an abundance of interesting sights, great infrastructure, beautiful architecture, all at rock bottom prices.  I've traveled to over forty countries and this is quite rare nowadays. 

I would suggest that the majority here already wear the T shirt..
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 05:33:51 AM »
Moby, if one were to consistently refer to the United States as being part of the Former British Colonies In The Americas one might be factually correct but receive a well-justified dressing down. A sensible person (and yes, that probably excludes you) would say, with accuracy, that the people of the United States are no any longer defined by their time as being part of the British colonies. So, being sensible people, we do not do it - except occasionally, with somewhat humorous intent.

The same applies with regard to the FSU and referring to women who may well not even have been born during Soviet times as being Soviet Women. The words we use betray the thinking behind those words, this was the point I was making to poor Omega1982.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 05:40:54 AM »
Omega

Welcome to the world of an 'andrewfi dressing down '..;)

FSU is still  fine to describe a basket of nations in that part of the world.

Andrewfi, wants us to fulfil his prophesy that western guys would still be dating FSU ladies..

The biz model went direct as everyone got connected.

Enjoy the fun of travelling and meeting new people and seeing new places..

FAR more interesting than reading  the rants of old gits who serially fail in this game...yet persist in trying to belittle others

A very good description of yourself, WELL DONE... :thumbsup:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online Guile

• Watched
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2019, 06:14:07 AM »

Quote from: moby

A very good description of yourself, WELL DONE... :thumbsup:

MUAHHAHA Moby PWNED!

Online NS1

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 11:08:02 AM »
I suspect Men are still  going to places all over the world to find
the love of their life. Considering internet dating and its rate of growth
maybe more than ever. I suspect less people are sharing that on forums
for a multitude of reasons. You can read many subjects here that would still
apply and you don't have to subject yourself to abuse in the process.
Far more information is available in more places than ever before.
Sites like this one have turned away from that and towards political conversations.
As always here you will get abused for posting almost anything, most folks don't
see the value in that.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Online Mr strange

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 03:08:02 PM »
Could not agree more!

5 or so people who think they know it all debating anything and each other to the point of devalue anyone with a real need for guidance in the dating with succes in Ukraine etc.

Now what was the actual topic of this thread?

Already gone down hill. No advice or help!

So best advice would be find the agencies with direct connections to the girls. Look for Elena Petrova as that will give the clear and real honest way as this forum will not!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2019, 04:09:08 PM »

Not so many guys are meeting women and travelling.

Some of us actually live 'here', it is just normal life and very different from the fantasies of vacationers.
Some of us talk about what fantasists will not ever come across, even if they bother to get a passport and a plane ticket.

Finding women is not hard, finding the right woman is harder, but there's no shortage of them. Somebody else made a point about people doing their contacting direct and I think that's probably the case. Given that, it is less likely that we will ever get lots of people sharing their stories because now there will be even fewer making trips because there are very, very few agencies to sell them those trips.

Online yankee

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2019, 04:33:25 PM »

Not so many guys are meeting women and travelling.

Some of us actually live 'here', it is just normal life and very different from the fantasies of vacationers.
Some of us talk about what fantasists will not ever come across, even if they bother to get a passport and a plane ticket.

Finding women is not hard, finding the right woman is harder, but there's no shortage of them. Somebody else made a point about people doing their contacting direct and I think that's probably the case. Given that, it is less likely that we will ever get lots of people sharing their stories because now there will be even fewer making trips because there are very, very few agencies to sell them those trips.

Some of us didn't see the value in sharing their stories.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2019, 07:57:25 PM »

Any thoughts?

I believe most men find sites like this based on their interest in a FSU woman. I did it and I'm sure many others Googled for the same info. They aren't here for the politics or watching the regulars fight.

I noticed on the forum page that "Dating & Marriage With Women From Russia, Ukraine" threads are near the middle of the page after having to scroll down a bit. I believe if Manny puts that section at the top, it will be easier for newbies to find what they're looking for and they will be more likely to start threads and ask questions about relationships with women, their cultures, travel tips, and even tell their story of where they been and where they want to go. If they can't easily find what they're looking for, they will shop somewhere else. Like you Omega, I'd like to see more trip reports and topics pertaining to dating and marrying an FSU woman.

Offline Omega1982

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2019, 08:20:19 PM »
Omega, it might help your success if you stop thinking of The FSU. The Soviet Union closed its doors almost 30 years ago. Any 'Soviet' women are old enough to be your mother and, from what we know of you, these women are not your target demographic.

Try to think of women as people, in a place, the product of their environment - but that environment is not what you think it is.

Andrew, the American revolution was twelve generations ago.  The fall of the Berlin Wall was one generation ago, it is therefore fresh in people's minds.  Perhaps you're old enough to have met George Washington but most people here never even met Nikita Krushev.  WE refer to the collective term fsu because of the similarities in economic styles, and their openness to date westerners.  Also because it was a phenomenom that happened with the fall of communism in 1989-1991. 

You're twisting my post, babbling utter rubbish and ignoring my original question. 

Just to get the topic back on track, the original question is what happened to fsu dating and what is it like in 2019?  For the western man of course. 

Offline Omega1982

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2019, 08:25:31 PM »

Any thoughts?

I believe most men find sites like this based on their interest in a FSU woman. I did it and I'm sure many others Googled for the same info. They aren't here for the politics or watching the regulars fight.

I noticed on the forum page that "Dating & Marriage With Women From Russia, Ukraine" threads are near the middle of the page after having to scroll down a bit. I believe if Manny puts that section at the top, it will be easier for newbies to find what they're looking for and they will be more likely to start threads and ask questions about relationships with women, their cultures, travel tips, and even tell their story of where they been and where they want to go. If they can't easily find what they're looking for, they will shop somewhere else. Like you Omega, I'd like to see more trip reports and topics pertaining to dating and marrying an FSU woman.

Thank you Billy.  I appreciate the kind words. 

I've actually dated in other parts of the world as well and I prefer the fsu.  More attractive women, good infrastructure, and good prices really make it a very positive experience.  Also the fact that most of the fsu is quite safe.  Places like latin America don't have the safety, the good trains, good infrastructure to make dating easier.