The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Eight Days A Week  (Read 815 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Eight Days A Week
« on: March 17, 2019, 03:01:55 PM »
I’ve always been a Beatles fan and I knew they were huge. However until you see the footage from this documentary you don’t realize the magnitude of how huge they were! For example when they landed at Adelaide Airport in Australia in June of 1964 nearly 250,000 fans were waiting.

The footage and the editing is phenomenal, a documentary film by Ron Howard.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Eight Days A Week
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 03:28:24 PM »
Perhaps less remarkable for me as they were from 40 miles down the road.

Didn’t we see exactly the same hysteria with Elvis?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 04:17:25 PM »
Perhaps less remarkable for me as they were from 40 miles down the road.

Didn’t we see exactly the same hysteria with Elvis?

Elvis was big but a different era and style of music. Beatles for me are easily in the top 3 bands ever.

The Beatles were the first band to ever play at large stadiums, for example they sold out Shea Stadium with 58,000 seats in 1965. The sound quality was terrible, they played the concert over house speakers. In fact the circus atmosphere and poor quality of the sound at Stadium concerts led to their decision to stop touring.

They felt they were serious musicians so they only wanted to make music in a studio.

Their scedule at the height of their fame was crazy and unrelenting, it’s clear once they made a choice to stop touring the end was near.

Lots of previously unreleased videos in this film.

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 06:15:37 PM »
Now see I like this guy. I think he brought more talent to the band than most people seem to give him credit.

Ringo Starr - 'It Don't Come Easy'

"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 08:47:29 PM »
Now see I like this guy. I think he brought more talent to the band than most people seem to give him credit.

Ringo Starr - 'It Don't Come Easy'

Well Paul McCartney agrees with you about Ringo, he said the first time Ringo played with the band he got shivers and he knew they were finally going to make it big.