The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Mass Shootings In New Zealand  (Read 3726 times)

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
Mass Shootings In New Zealand
« on: March 15, 2019, 03:48:41 AM »
Looks like there were a couple of mosque massacres in New Zealand today. I'm not particularly well acquainted with NZ, so you might imagine my initial confusion hearing that Muslims were shot in Christchurch ("what were they doing there anyway?" I thought to myself).  :biggrin:

Looks like nearly fifty people are dead.

https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/new-zealand-christchurch-shooting-intl/index.html
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Mass Shootings In New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 06:33:02 AM »
Its been all over the news. Apparently the guy filmed it on a head mounted camera.

The BBC is full of people hand wringing and turning themselves inside out explaining how peaceful Muslims are. Just like they did when a Muslim blew up the kids concert here in Manchester.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline yankee

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 07:12:36 AM »
Its been all over the news. Apparently the guy filmed it on a head mounted camera.

The BBC is full of people hand wringing and turning themselves inside out explaining how peaceful Muslims are. Just like they did when a Muslim blew up the kids concert here in Manchester.

Manny, read the article again.  it was the Muslims that were killed
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 07:34:24 AM »

Manny, read the article again.  it was the Muslims that were killed

I'm fully aware of that. The point I was making is called shoe on other foot.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

• Supporting Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 07:43:58 AM »
Just found and watched a rip of the shooter's livestream body cam footage on Documenting Reality… pretty brutal stuff. He was using an automatic rifle with quite the surplus of spare mags. He also employed tactics like leaving the building (perhaps also to retrieve more ammunition) and then re-entering sometime later to kill more people who'd by then come out of hiding to render aid; a shooter clearly unafraid of consequences. 
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 08:29:19 AM »
What comes round goes around!!

This time Christian terrorists or just pissed off Christians..

All this shit has started happening over the last twenty years!! Simple as that!! No arguments.. There were plenty of Muslims about back in the 80's No problems then!!??

So what changed that?? Tony Blair and his friends ?? Something changed everything in the last twenty years and we all know what that is .. ;D

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9645/germany-suicide.   Best get ready for Battle ground Europe in a few more years. 10 I would say max.. then its going to be regular shootings , bombings, mass killings .. you name it its on the way! Well lets face it, it's already part of life..

As I said never happened 20 years ago did it?? End of  story..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 12:05:15 PM »
A sad affair. Nobody deserves to be shot and among the dead i dare to bet werent terrorists.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 04:53:23 PM »

All this shit has started happening over the last twenty years!!

Last 20 years?   Mass murder and religious conflicts have occurred way beyond 20 years.  Probably goes beyond 5000 B.C. :duh:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 11:34:21 PM »

Last 20 years?   Mass murder and religious conflicts have occurred way beyond 20 years.  Probably goes beyond 5000 B.C. :duh:

I can't remember in the 1850's  a John Wayne look alike going into the local collage and blasting away 40 kids?   :laugh:

Or the sheriff of Missouri  shooting a couple of 12 year old kids ..

I guess the last mass killing was 75 years back  that was 3 million who were frazzled thanks to our GERMAN friends..

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 12:23:56 AM »

I can't remember in the 1850's  a John Wayne look alike going into the local collage and blasting away 40 kids?   :laugh:

I guess the last mass killing was 75 years back  that was 3 million who were frazzled thanks to our GERMAN friends..

As opposed to about 40 Million Slavs thanks to our Bolshevik JEW friends.  :coffeeread:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 12:31:35 AM »

As opposed to about 40 Million Slavs thanks to our Bolshevik JEW friends.  :coffeeread:

:thumbsup:  And the 20 million innocents, kids, women and babies that have been killed via the US regime changes over the last few years, some still dying now from Agent orange .. not a nice world we live in really is it..

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 03:33:52 AM »
Well I'm sure you will have all seen a lot more about this by now.

The shooter was an "Right Wing" Australian citizen, who had legally obtained these semi-automatic weapons in NZ (that are not obtainable in Australia due to our gun laws eg: AR-15 and pump action shotguns). He had moved to NZ to plan and train for an attack on Muslims somewhere else in the world (presumably Australia) but decided in act on his plans in Christchurch. He obviously did not expect to survive his attack, and has left a manifesto outlining his thoughts and plans that runs to over 70 pages. There were 2 bombs left in his car that have been disarmed. He live streamed this attack, and it is getting deleted as copies are found on the internet. It was very graphic and disturbing. Racism and extremism kills, whether it is Muslim on Christian or the reverse.

The Australian Nation has always viewed New Zealanders (Kiwi's) as our little brothers or cousins. As with all little brothers, they love to beat us at anything, but especially sport. We can freely travel, live and work in each others country, and we fight together as ANZACs in many wars. We stand together in adversity, and against attack as family.

I have lived in NZ twice so far in my lifetime, once for 4 years in Christchurch, where this attack took place. I know the area around the largest Mosque and Hagley Park very well. This city used to be called "more England than England itself". It's beauty and peacefulness was known worldwide. It literally is the "last place in the world" (at the end of the world) you could imagine being a terrorist target by extremists of either grouping. Prior to this NZ's biggest fears were earthquakes, and the All Blacks losing a Rugby match (rarely happens).

I admit to being disturbed by new Muslim immigrants who do not want to assimilate into my society but expect me to change my way of life to fit them. Who demand we pay for them as they sit back and complain how hard life is, and try to make us accept Sharia Law and Halal.

Australia was built as a country of immigrants after being founded by convicts. Everyone worked hard together creating this new nation.  "10 pound Poms" (Brits), "Wogs" (Greeks, Italians, Slavs, Egyptians) didn't get handouts when they moved here. They learnt english as they worked bloody hard to create a better life, often living in tin/fibro shacks or even tents. Mom and Dad might have had 2,3 or 4 jobs to "get ahead" and give their kids a bright future. We had Muslim Afghan cameleers who managed to survive without halal foods, and demands to close our pools so their women could swim alone! Shamefully, they were all treated better than the native peoples, the Aboriginal tribes.

It's scary the way the "new" wave of immigrants/refugees behave in Australia, and the demands they have. The "do-gooders" and PC brigade have made ordinary people afraid to speak and have an opinion. I am afraid of the new environment I find myself part of, even though growing up I had the best "wog" friends who I love to this day (and they are "proud wogs" just as I am a proud "skip").

I deplore that now Nationalism can be used for hate and destruction rather than Nation building, and that extremists think taking life is a means to an end. This constant loss of innocent life is never justified.
At least we know "why" this gunman murdered so many people. He was an extremist determined to "payback" Muslims for the many Terrorist attacks on "westerners". Some killings, like Las Vegas, we never know.

Anyway friends and colleagues, let's try to live in peace and understanding,
and as they say in NZ Maori, Kia Kaha (stay strong)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 04:08:52 AM »

The shooter was an "Right Wing" Australian citizen, who had legally obtained these semi-automatic weapons in NZ (that are not obtainable in Australia due to our gun laws eg: AR-15 and pump action shotguns). He had moved to NZ to plan and train for an attack on Muslims somewhere else in the world (presumably Australia) but decided in act on his plans in Christchurch. He obviously did not expect to survive his attack, and has left a manifesto outlining his thoughts and plans that runs to over 70 pages. There were 2 bombs left in his car that have been disarmed. He live streamed this attack, and it is getting deleted as copies are found on the internet. It was very graphic and disturbing. Racism and extremism kills, whether it is Muslim on Christian or the reverse.

The Australian Nation has always viewed New Zealanders (Kiwi's) as our little brothers or cousins. As with all little brothers, they love to beat us at anything, but especially sport. We can freely travel, live and work in each others country, and we fight together as ANZACs in many wars. We stand together in adversity, and against attack as family.

I have lived in NZ twice so far in my lifetime, once for 4 years in Christchurch, where this attack took place. I know the area around the largest Mosque and Hagley Park very well. This city used to be called "more England than England itself". It's beauty and peacefulness was known worldwide. It literally is the "last place in the world" (at the end of the world) you could imagine being a terrorist target by extremists of either grouping. Prior to this NZ's biggest fears were earthquakes, and the All Blacks losing a Rugby match (rarely happens).

I admit to being disturbed by new Muslim immigrants who do not want to assimilate into my society but expect me to change my way of life to fit them. Who demand we pay for them as they sit back and complain how hard life is, and try to make us accept Sharia Law and Halal.

Australia was built as a country of immigrants after being founded by convicts. Everyone worked hard together creating this new nation.  "10 pound Poms" (Brits), "Wogs" (Greeks, Italians, Slavs, Egyptians) didn't get handouts when they moved here. They learnt english as they worked bloody hard to create a better life, often living in tin/fibro shacks or even tents. Mom and Dad might have had 2,3 or 4 jobs to "get ahead" and give their kids a bright future. We had Muslim Afghan cameleers who managed to survive without halal foods, and demands to close our pools so their women could swim alone! Shamefully, they were all treated better than the native peoples, the Aboriginal tribes.

It's scary the way the "new" wave of immigrants/refugees behave in Australia, and the demands they have. The "do-gooders" and PC brigade have made ordinary people afraid to speak and have an opinion. I am afraid of the new environment I find myself part of, even though growing up I had the best "wog" friends who I love to this day (and they are "proud wogs" just as I am a proud "skip").

I deplore that now Nationalism can be used for hate and destruction rather than Nation building, and that extremists think taking life is a means to an end. This constant loss of innocent life is never justified.
At least we know "why" this gunman murdered so many people. He was an extremist determined to "payback" Muslims for the many Terrorist attacks on "westerners". Some killings, like Las Vegas, we never know.

:thumbsup:

new Muslim immigrants who do not want to assimilate into my society but expect me to change my way of life to fit them. Who demand we pay for them as they sit back and complain how hard life is, and try to make us accept Sharia Law and Halal

And that is where the problem is.. so nothing is ever going to change because people are to soft with these people..

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2019, 04:20:16 AM »

People are going to have one hell of a wake up call in a few years , you'r all going to be bloody Muslims! Like it or not.. it is already forced on half the population of London, supermarkets are selling  halal  meat without even informing the general public , your eating their shit and don't even realize it..so you on your way to Mecca already.. :laugh:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1315278/Top-supermarkets-secretly-sell-halal-Sainsburys-Tesco-Waitrose-M-S-dont-tell-meat-ritually-slaughtered.html

The more you think about it.. there more it can pee you off.. but get used to it! Don't open your mouth or they will have you for racial hate..

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2019, 04:32:52 AM »
Good post Redroo.

What happened yesterday was appalling and a sad day for humanity. I get annoyed at the daily grind the Islamic culture imposes on us in the west and find it odd that so many people who oppose our culture and values, choose to leave their utopian caliphate and settle where everything is foreign to them. It can only be for money or that they refuse to admit that our world is a better place to live than their Islamic one.

I watched the footage, sent to me via WhatsApp and seeing real people being murdered, probably all of them innocent with loving families, just affirmed how pointless, hurtful and disturbing these societal divisions have become. It’s such a waste and hurt leads to more hurt.

In the end, I just got wound up even more by the aftermath and the media hysteria. Every news organization posting sensational headlines and people changing their Facebook profiles to kiwi related sympathy overlays. And yet again I find myself divided by opinion.

Why is this mass killing any worse than the others that have happened around the globe in the last week? Is it because it happened in New Zealand or is it because it’s muslims being gunned down? I saw a statistic whereby literally hundreds of innocent people have been butchered by Islamic pigs in dozens of attacks around Africa & Asia over the last fortnight alone......yet not one bugger lit a candle, changed their Facebook profile or demonstrated outrage for these poor souls.

In the end, it’s all a shocking waste of life and I can’t condone any of it from either side. I do however feel the need to get angry at the blatant hypocrisy, virtue signalling and political posturing of the do gooders and general loony’s who got it all wrong once again.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2019, 04:34:09 AM »
Just found and watched a rip of the shooter's livestream body cam footage on Documenting Reality… pretty brutal stuff. He was using an automatic rifle with quite the surplus of spare mags. He also employed tactics like leaving the building (perhaps also to retrieve more ammunition) and then re-entering sometime later to kill more people who'd by then come out of hiding to render aid; a shooter clearly unafraid of consequences.

I do love some good old mass shooting analysis from our yank experts!!  ;D

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2019, 04:52:14 AM »
Ok so in a few years time most in Europe will be fully converted  like it or not, you will have no choice but to eat their shit..

Not sure if you will have to trade the car in for a camel..  :laugh:

But look on the bright side!!

1. You can have as many god dam wives as you  wish!!!

2. This forum will go into overdrive...

So not so bad after all , yeah ok your going to have to make a trip to Mecca on a camel every now and again .. but think of the experience  :ROFL:

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2019, 05:12:20 AM »
We all laugh at stuff like you’ve posted Steve but worryingly, there will become a time in the not too distant future where the minority become the masses and they can then vote for whatever the like. Let’s be rediculous but they could vote for the UK to become an Islamic caliphate, if the majority so wish.

I’m still waiting for Moby to explain exponential growth so I can put a figure on the ETA?  :laugh:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2019, 05:39:10 AM »
We all laugh at stuff like you’ve posted Steve but worryingly, there will become a time in the not too distant future where the minority become the masses and they can then vote for whatever the like. Let’s be rediculous but they could vote for the UK to become an Islamic caliphate, if the majority so wish.

I’m still waiting for Moby to explain exponential growth so I can put a figure on the ETA?  :laugh:

I only find it funny for one reason! And that is everyone is to happy to let it all happen, and it will happen, what may seem a joke now certainly will not be a few more years when a joke turns in to reality , even down in the Westcountry in the UK mosques are appearing every where.. Im not saying people shouldn't have their religion I dong give two shits about some twat called Mohamed but how a minority has infested the Uk with their way of life and law.. its funny for me.. but im not living there and have no plans on living there again..

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2019, 06:09:08 AM »
Anyone any ideas how it works when you have lots of wives? If you have say 7 do you have a different one each night? Or all together in one go? Or maybe there is some kind of tom bola each night to see who has the husband ?

Mmmmm and what about the other 6 wives? What do they do? Sleep all together in a big bed, a big tent or?

And lastly I wonder if any of them are lezbo's?

I bet some people here are already going to be converted asap now?  ;D

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2019, 06:56:57 AM »
If men are to commonly have more than one wife then there will need to be a mass cull of men.

I stand to be corrected by any Muslims here, but the multiple wives thing was not about blokes getting their jollies with perverted sexual practices but was about taking care of women, and their children whose husbands had died. The dead husband's brother would take on the wife and her kids. Also, again, standing to be corrected, but it was also a repopulation thing after war had killed off a load of men leaving a surplus of females creating a need for repopulation.

Weren't there similar practices outlined in the Old Testament, a document shared with followers of Islam?

These days, having multiple wives is not a common thing among Muslims.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2019, 07:18:00 AM »
If men are to commonly have more than one wife then there will need to be a mass cull of men.

I stand to be corrected by any Muslims here, but the multiple wives thing was not about blokes getting their jollies with perverted sexual practices but was about taking care of women, and their children whose husbands had died. The dead husband's brother would take on the wife and her kids. Also, again, standing to be corrected, but it was also a repopulation thing after war had killed off a load of men leaving a surplus of females creating a need for repopulation.

Weren't there similar practices outlined in the Old Testament, a document shared with followers of Islam?

These days, having multiple wives is not a common thing among Muslims.

These days, having multiple wives is not a common thing among Muslims. Thats cos they will only pay benefits for one in Europe.. I have seen a few in London with 2/3 trailing behind, but looked like they had some money , well gold rings any way and expensive sunglasses.. :laugh:

All the poor ones come to Europe who can only afford one wife.. but if you go to Saudi Arabia there are plenty of guys there walking about with 3/4 wives even in Istanbul I have seen a fair few, obviously they also have money , all on holiday together.

I also noticed something about the men who have several wives whilst in Istanbul, the man will have a nice outfit, expensive designer shorts and the latest I-phone , the women walk around with near nothing under that black gown but you take a look at the shoes they have.. terrible all ripped and dirty like they came out of the garbage.. I noticed this all the time :)

• Supporting Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2019, 07:34:14 AM »

Thanks for sharing your viewpoint and insights Redroo. One thing that I will mention is that whether the main firearm he used for the shooting was purchased legally (as a semi-auto) or otherwise, it was definitely being used in an automatic capacity during the massacre (so in other words, it was either obtained illegally or illegally modified - unless NZ law allows full auto rifles with proper permits?). At one point in the video you can clearly see a person come at the shooter in an apparent attempt to overpower him; this person's valiant effort failed and he was executed by the gunman.

Have we established if the shooter actually identifies as a Christian or was he just pissed off with the immigrants?

Your mention of the term 'Wog' reminds me of this clever skit by Santo Cilauro - 'Things Wogs Would Never Do.'

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2019, 09:13:23 AM »
Well said Redroo.

This situation hasn’t been helped by Western media which often has broadcasts which paint Muslims in a bad light. For example:

https://newmatilda.com/2018/03/03/2891-murdoch-stories-trashing-islam-single-year-study-reveals/

Has there been an agenda at play for decades, to weaken white societies in Europe and elsewhere through immigration? Clearly there has been, and it doesn’t help when recent Muslim immigrants don’t work but also want the rest of us to conform to Sharia laws, whilst the PC brigade amongst us further weakens our society.

It helps to get along with people if you can make a friend or friends with some Muslims, for example back in CA I had several friends who were moderates, just normal people who happened to be Muslims. And a couple of friendly acquaintances in another state I lived.

IOW don’t fall for the trap of the elite Politicians and Media who deliberately want to divide us.

Registration