The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Mass Shootings In New Zealand  (Read 511 times)

Online Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
Mass Shootings In New Zealand
« on: March 15, 2019, 03:48:41 AM »
Looks like there were a couple of mosque massacres in New Zealand today. I'm not particularly well acquainted with NZ, so you might imagine my initial confusion hearing that Muslims were shot in Christchurch ("what were they doing there anyway?" I thought to myself).  :biggrin:

Looks like nearly fifty people are dead.

https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/new-zealand-christchurch-shooting-intl/index.html
"We'll start over again. Grow ourselves new skin. Get a house in Devon. Drink cider from a lemon." ~ Feeder

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Mass Shootings In New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 06:33:02 AM »
Its been all over the news. Apparently the guy filmed it on a head mounted camera.

The BBC is full of people hand wringing and turning themselves inside out explaining how peaceful Muslims are. Just like they did when a Muslim blew up the kids concert here in Manchester.
please tell me where I'm being / have been 'dishonest'? 
Yes, he said that.........

Online yankee

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 07:12:36 AM »
Its been all over the news. Apparently the guy filmed it on a head mounted camera.

The BBC is full of people hand wringing and turning themselves inside out explaining how peaceful Muslims are. Just like they did when a Muslim blew up the kids concert here in Manchester.

Manny, read the article again.  it was the Muslims that were killed
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Manny

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 07:34:24 AM »

Manny, read the article again.  it was the Muslims that were killed

I'm fully aware of that. The point I was making is called shoe on other foot.
please tell me where I'm being / have been 'dishonest'? 
Yes, he said that.........

Online Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 07:43:58 AM »
Just found and watched a rip of the shooter's livestream body cam footage on Documenting Reality‚Ķ pretty brutal stuff. He was using an automatic rifle with quite the surplus of spare mags. He also employed tactics like leaving the building (perhaps also to retrieve more ammunition) and then re-entering sometime later to kill more people who'd by then come out of hiding to render aid; a shooter clearly unafraid of consequences. 
"We'll start over again. Grow ourselves new skin. Get a house in Devon. Drink cider from a lemon." ~ Feeder

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 08:29:19 AM »
What comes round goes around!!

This time Christian terrorists or just pissed off Christians..

All this shit has started happening over the last twenty years!! Simple as that!! No arguments.. There were plenty of Muslims about back in the 80's No problems then!!??

So what changed that?? Tony Blair and his friends ?? Something changed everything in the last twenty years and we all know what that is .. ;D

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9645/germany-suicide.   Best get ready for Battle ground Europe in a few more years. 10 I would say max.. then its going to be regular shootings , bombings, mass killings .. you name it its on the way! Well lets face it, it's already part of life..

As I said never happened 20 years ago did it?? End of  story..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 12:05:15 PM »
A sad affair. Nobody deserves to be shot and among the dead i dare to bet werent terrorists.
You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 04:53:23 PM »

All this shit has started happening over the last twenty years!!

Last 20 years?   Mass murder and religious conflicts have occurred way beyond 20 years.  Probably goes beyond 5000 B.C. :duh:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 11:34:21 PM »

Last 20 years?   Mass murder and religious conflicts have occurred way beyond 20 years.  Probably goes beyond 5000 B.C. :duh:

I can't remember in the 1850's  a John Wayne look alike going into the local collage and blasting away 40 kids?   :laugh:

Or the sheriff of Missouri  shooting a couple of 12 year old kids ..

I guess the last mass killing was 75 years back  that was 3 million who were frazzled thanks to our GERMAN friends..

Online Confederate

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 12:23:56 AM »

I can't remember in the 1850's  a John Wayne look alike going into the local collage and blasting away 40 kids?   :laugh:

I guess the last mass killing was 75 years back  that was 3 million who were frazzled thanks to our GERMAN friends..

As opposed to about 40 Million Slavs thanks to our Bolshevik JEW friends.  :coffeeread:
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 12:31:35 AM »

As opposed to about 40 Million Slavs thanks to our Bolshevik JEW friends.  :coffeeread:

:thumbsup:  And the 20 million innocents, kids, women and babies that have been killed via the US regime changes over the last few years, some still dying now from Agent orange .. not a nice world we live in really is it..

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 03:33:52 AM »
Well I'm sure you will have all seen a lot more about this by now.

The shooter was an "Right Wing" Australian citizen, who had legally obtained these semi-automatic weapons in NZ (that are not obtainable in Australia due to our gun laws eg: AR-15 and pump action shotguns). He had moved to NZ to plan and train for an attack on Muslims somewhere else in the world (presumably Australia) but decided in act on his plans in Christchurch. He obviously did not expect to survive his attack, and has left a manifesto outlining his thoughts and plans that runs to over 70 pages. There were 2 bombs left in his car that have been disarmed. He live streamed this attack, and it is getting deleted as copies are found on the internet. It was very graphic and disturbing. Racism and extremism kills, whether it is Muslim on Christian or the reverse.

The Australian Nation has always viewed New Zealanders (Kiwi's) as our little brothers or cousins. As with all little brothers, they love to beat us at anything, but especially sport. We can freely travel, live and work in each others country, and we fight together as ANZACs in many wars. We stand together in adversity, and against attack as family.

I have lived in NZ twice so far in my lifetime, once for 4 years in Christchurch, where this attack took place. I know the area around the largest Mosque and Hagley Park very well. This city used to be called "more England than England itself". It's beauty and peacefulness was known worldwide. It literally is the "last place in the world" (at the end of the world) you could imagine being a terrorist target by extremists of either grouping. Prior to this NZ's biggest fears were earthquakes, and the All Blacks losing a Rugby match (rarely happens).

I admit to being disturbed by new Muslim immigrants who do not want to assimilate into my society but expect me to change my way of life to fit them. Who demand we pay for them as they sit back and complain how hard life is, and try to make us accept Sharia Law and Halal.

Australia was built as a country of immigrants after being founded by convicts. Everyone worked hard together creating this new nation.  "10 pound Poms" (Brits), "Wogs" (Greeks, Italians, Slavs, Egyptians) didn't get handouts when they moved here. They learnt english as they worked bloody hard to create a better life, often living in tin/fibro shacks or even tents. Mom and Dad might have had 2,3 or 4 jobs to "get ahead" and give their kids a bright future. We had Muslim Afghan cameleers who managed to survive without halal foods, and demands to close our pools so their women could swim alone! Shamefully, they were all treated better than the native peoples, the Aboriginal tribes.

It's scary the way the "new" wave of immigrants/refugees behave in Australia, and the demands they have. The "do-gooders" and PC brigade have made ordinary people afraid to speak and have an opinion. I am afraid of the new environment I find myself part of, even though growing up I had the best "wog" friends who I love to this day (and they are "proud wogs" just as I am a proud "skip").

I deplore that now Nationalism can be used for hate and destruction rather than Nation building, and that extremists think taking life is a means to an end. This constant loss of innocent life is never justified.
At least we know "why" this gunman murdered so many people. He was an extremist determined to "payback" Muslims for the many Terrorist attacks on "westerners". Some killings, like Las Vegas, we never know.

Anyway friends and colleagues, let's try to live in peace and understanding,
and as they say in NZ Maori, Kia Kaha (stay strong)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 04:08:52 AM »
Well I'm sure you will have all seen a lot more about this by now.

The shooter was an "Right Wing" Australian citizen, who had legally obtained these semi-automatic weapons in NZ (that are not obtainable in Australia due to our gun laws eg: AR-15 and pump action shotguns). He had moved to NZ to plan and train for an attack on Muslims somewhere else in the world (presumably Australia) but decided in act on his plans in Christchurch. He obviously did not expect to survive his attack, and has left a manifesto outlining his thoughts and plans that runs to over 70 pages. There were 2 bombs left in his car that have been disarmed. He live streamed this attack, and it is getting deleted as copies are found on the internet. It was very graphic and disturbing. Racism and extremism kills, whether it is Muslim on Christian or the reverse.

The Australian Nation has always viewed New Zealanders (Kiwi's) as our little brothers or cousins. As with all little brothers, they love to beat us at anything, but especially sport. We can freely travel, live and work in each others country, and we fight together as ANZACs in many wars. We stand together in adversity, and against attack as family.

I have lived in NZ twice so far in my lifetime, once for 4 years in Christchurch, where this attack took place. I know the area around the largest Mosque and Hagley Park very well. This city used to be called "more England than England itself". It's beauty and peacefulness was known worldwide. It literally is the "last place in the world" (at the end of the world) you could imagine being a terrorist target by extremists of either grouping. Prior to this NZ's biggest fears were earthquakes, and the All Blacks losing a Rugby match (rarely happens).

I admit to being disturbed by new Muslim immigrants who do not want to assimilate into my society but expect me to change my way of life to fit them. Who demand we pay for them as they sit back and complain how hard life is, and try to make us accept Sharia Law and Halal.

Australia was built as a country of immigrants after being founded by convicts. Everyone worked hard together creating this new nation.  "10 pound Poms" (Brits), "Wogs" (Greeks, Italians, Slavs, Egyptians) didn't get handouts when they moved here. They learnt english as they worked bloody hard to create a better life, often living in tin/fibro shacks or even tents. Mom and Dad might have had 2,3 or 4 jobs to "get ahead" and give their kids a bright future. We had Muslim Afghan cameleers who managed to survive without halal foods, and demands to close our pools so their women could swim alone! Shamefully, they were all treated better than the native peoples, the Aboriginal tribes.

It's scary the way the "new" wave of immigrants/refugees behave in Australia, and the demands they have. The "do-gooders" and PC brigade have made ordinary people afraid to speak and have an opinion. I am afraid of the new environment I find myself part of, even though growing up I had the best "wog" friends who I love to this day (and they are "proud wogs" just as I am a proud "skip").

I deplore that now Nationalism can be used for hate and destruction rather than Nation building, and that extremists think taking life is a means to an end. This constant loss of innocent life is never justified.
At least we know "why" this gunman murdered so many people. He was an extremist determined to "payback" Muslims for the many Terrorist attacks on "westerners". Some killings, like Las Vegas, we never know.

Anyway friends and colleagues, let's try to live in peace and understanding,
and as they say in NZ Maori, Kia Kaha (stay strong)

:thumbsup:

new Muslim immigrants who do not want to assimilate into my society but expect me to change my way of life to fit them. Who demand we pay for them as they sit back and complain how hard life is, and try to make us accept Sharia Law and Halal

And that is where the problem is.. so nothing is ever going to change because people are to soft with these people..

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2019, 04:20:16 AM »

People are going to have one hell of a wake up call in a few years , you'r all going to be bloody Muslims! Like it or not.. it is already forced on half the population of London, supermarkets are selling  halal  meat without even informing the general public , your eating their shit and don't even realize it..so you on your way to Mecca already.. :laugh:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1315278/Top-supermarkets-secretly-sell-halal-Sainsburys-Tesco-Waitrose-M-S-dont-tell-meat-ritually-slaughtered.html

The more you think about it.. there more it can pee you off.. but get used to it! Don't open your mouth or they will have you for racial hate..