The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Phone addiction  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Phone addiction
« on: March 13, 2019, 03:35:15 AM »
So how many hours a day should your kids be on a mobile phone , playing games, doing this or doing that ?

Our boy here is happy to be up at 8.00 am until 10 pm when not at school ,  holidays its 8.00 am till 10pm every night if he can get away with it, just sat on sofa doing nothing else, even has no time for a shower unless I drag him by the ears into the bathroom.. :laugh:

What do you think is normal for kids 12-14 when it comes to phone usage and the internet?

Personally I think its bloody terrible how kids are these days..waste of lives..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Phone addiction
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 09:46:37 AM »
So how many hours a day should your kids be on a mobile phone , playing games, doing this or doing that ?

Our boy here is happy to be up at 8.00 am until 10 pm when not at school ,  holidays its 8.00 am till 10pm every night if he can get away with it, just sat on sofa doing nothing else, even has no time for a shower unless I drag him by the ears into the bathroom.. :laugh:

What do you think is normal for kids 12-14 when it comes to phone usage and the internet?

Personally I think its bloody terrible how kids are these days..waste of lives..

Take that damn infernal Luciferian device away from your boy and send him outside to play in the fresh air and sunshine.

Kids are supposed to play outside 4 hours a day or more and it’s up to you to enforce it.

Were you aware that Bill Gates would not even allow his kids near a “smart” phone?

You should google about the amount of harmful radiation coming off of those devices.

It does indeed cause brain cancer, not too mention the problem with addiction and the harm to young kids under 16 as far as becoming addicted before their brain properly forms.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 10:10:53 AM »

Take that damn infernal Luciferian device away from your boy and send him outside to play in the fresh air and sunshine.

Kids are supposed to play outside 4 hours a day or more and it’s up to you to enforce it.

Were you aware that Bill Gates would not even allow his kids near a “smart” phone?

You should google about the amount of harmful radiation coming off of those devices.

It does indeed cause brain cancer, not too mention the problem with addiction and the harm to young kids under 16 as far as becoming addicted before their brain properly forms.

The full force of the law is on the way right this minute!!! ;D

They are all bloody addicted we have parties of youngsters in the house all stuck making stupid instagram videos..

Glad i'm not a sad little brat today!

Offline Annushka

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 01:07:18 PM »
In Russia, the work of children and adolescents behind a PC is regulated by SanPiN “Hygienic requirements for personal electronic computers and work organization. SanPiN 2.2.2 / 2.4.1340-03 ". Hygiene of children and adolescents. Hygienic requirements for personal electronic computers and organization of work (as amended on June 21, 2016).

How long can children work at the computer?

According to part 4 of Appendix 7 to SanPiN 2.2.2 / 2.4.1340-03 "Organization of classes for PC children of school age and classes with game complexes on the basis of PC for children of preschool age",

4.1. The recommended continuous duration of work related to fixing the gaze directly on the VDT screen should not exceed:

- for students in grades I – IV - 15 min;

- for students in grades V – VII - 20 min.

- for students in grades VIII – IX - 25 minutes;

- for students in grades X – XI at the first hour of training sessions - 30 minutes, at the second hour - 20 minutes.

4.2. The optimal number of classes using a PC during the school day:

- for students of I – IV classes is 1 lesson,

- for students in grades V – VIII - 2 lessons,

- for students in grades IX – XI - 3 lessons.

4.3. When working on a PC to prevent the development of fatigue, it is necessary to carry out a set of preventive measures.

4.4. During the changes should be carried out through ventilation with the obligatory exit of students from the classroom (office).

4.5. For students in senior classes in the organization of industrial training, the duration of work with a PC should not exceed 50% of the time of study.

4.6. The duration of work with the use of a PC in the period of industrial practice, without training sessions, shall not exceed 50% of the working time while observing the mode of operation and preventive measures.

4.7. Extracurricular activities using a PC are recommended not more than 2 times a week for a total duration of:

- for students in grades II – V - no more than 60 minutes;

- for students in grades VI and older - no more than 90 min.

The time of the computer games with the imposed rhythm should not exceed 10 minutes. for students of grades II – V and 15 min. for older students. It is recommended to hold them at the end of the class.

http://docs.cntd.ru/document/901865498

Offline Annushka

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 01:13:40 PM »
Harmful effects of EMR on humans.

Electromagnetic radiation is invisible and intangible. The circulatory system, brain, eyes, immune and reproductive systems are most affected by electromagnetic fields.

Already 15 minutes after starting a computer in a 9-10 year old child, are the changes in blood and urine almost identical to those in a person with cancer? Similar changes manifest themselves in a 16-year-old in half an hour, in an adult - in 2 hours of work at the monitor.
(Speech about electron-beam monitors, which are gradually disappearing from use, but still occur)

US researchers found:

in the majority of women working on computers during pregnancy, the fetus developed abnormally, and the probability of miscarriages was close to 80%;
brain cancer in electricians develops 13 times more often than in other professions.

https://gamma7.ru/zashhita-ot-elektromagnitnogo-izlucheniya/vliyanie-elektromagnitnogo-izlucheniya-na-cheloveka/

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 01:19:44 PM »
Christ!! Looks like Im on my way out myself!!

Offline Annushka

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 01:33:55 PM »
From myself I can add:
In the 90s of the last century, when computerization began in Russia, I worked in the State Sanitary-Epidemiological and Environmental Supervisions. I inspect the city on physical factors, including schools. And for more than 10 years I observed the following picture. Over time, sources of electromagnetic radiation are morally obsolete and have more negative effects on humans. Statistics show that the health of PC users (all information on medical examinations at the end of the year was in the Supervisory organizations) is deteriorating in all indicators.
The control was annual and strict in all parameters of the organization of the workplace at the computer.

FINDINGS:
Minimize the presence of children behind computers, gaming consoles and mobile phones.

Offline Annushka

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 01:37:06 PM »

Recommendations:
1. To take regulated breaks of 15-20 minutes, when the eyes get tired.
2. Keep hands from the monitor at a distance of 15-20 cm (locally irradiate).

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 01:41:29 PM »
I do 12 hours a day min behind a screen , though in the summer take a 2/3 hour break to go cycling lunch time..

Problem is spring is bloody late coming this year been snowing and -10 for nearly 4.5 months ((

Even my boobs and belly are growing already getting tired of it!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 01:42:14 PM »

Offline Annushka

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 02:02:40 PM »
I do 12 hours a day min behind a screen , though in the summer take a 2/3 hour break to go cycling lunch time..

Problem is spring is bloody late coming this year been snowing and -10 for nearly 4.5 months ((

You should air the room more often!

Let's take me for example. After all the measurements of EMR across the spectrum at the controlled enterprises I have to start problems with the thyroid gland. I exclude this rabta. Over time, the function returns to normal.
After I got involved in making a video on a computer, I had nodes on the thyroid gland, my eyesight dropped sharply. I rarely make videos now; I write and write very little on the Internet and breathe more favorable iodized air in Istanbul. :) ;D :chuckle:
Therefore, while I say goodbye to you: I am leaving the computer. :thumbsup: tiphat

Offline Annushka

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 02:09:04 PM »
:chuckle:

These are already features of work at the computer: ERGONOMIKA!

https://docplayer.ru/44736470-Ergonomika-raboty-za-kompyuterom-osnovnye-sindromy.html

Industrial gymnastics!

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 02:51:09 PM »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've been trying to reduce my screen time as well, though more for the purpose of time management than for the health benefit (to this end, Annushka posts some compelling information). 
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2019, 12:30:49 AM »
Don't worry, there's always room for the hypochondriacs!

But here yer goes, layman's terms can monitors really hurt you: https://www.maketecheasier.com/can-monitors-really-hurt-you/
The answer, only if you really, really believe they will! The sensible long-term user might use a blue filter such as those available within Windows 10 or directly in some monitors and mobile devices.

More objectively, a response to a poorly conducted study that made claims most unlikely to be true; errors due to very poor experiment design: http://ijomeh.eu/pdf-80565-17006?filename=Letter%20to%20the%20Editor.pdf If you want you can read the original research from the linked article.

But, yes 5G, that'll get yer! Buy one of those phones and your kids will have two heads!
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Annushka

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 01:25:49 AM »
Dmitry Pevtsov and his son urged parents to take away smartphones from children and give out push-button telephones.
Dmitry Pevtsov and his son urged parents to take away smartphones from children and give out push-button telephones.

"SMARTPHONES, with which our children come to the classroom. And INSTEAD OF THE LESSONS have the opportunity to" sit "on the Internet, crawling on obscene and idiotic sites, play games, correspond with" friends "... And besides, have the opportunity phone EVERYTHING THAT'S EVERYTHING ... "

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuyVRPynnai/

Actor Dmitry Pevtsov is the father of an 11-year-old son, so he knows first-hand about teenagers' excessive dependence on gadgets. On Instagram, he marked out an emotional video post in which he urges all parents to provide children with simple push-button phones instead of modern smartphones.

Offline Annushka

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2019, 01:33:58 AM »
Don't worry, there's always room for the hypochondriacs!

But here yer goes, layman's terms can monitors really hurt you: https://www.maketecheasier.com/can-monitors-really-hurt-you/
The answer, only if you really, really believe they will! The sensible long-term user might use a blue filter such as those available within Windows 10 or directly in some monitors and mobile devices.

More objectively, a response to a poorly conducted study that made claims most unlikely to be true; errors due to very poor experiment design: http://ijomeh.eu/pdf-80565-17006?filename=Letter%20to%20the%20Editor.pdf If you want you can read the original research from the linked article.

But, yes 5G, that'll get yer! Buy one of those phones and your kids will have two heads!

We talk about different things. I am about the harmful effects of EMF on the human body by the Sanitary Regulations. You talk about soft x-rays from the side of advertising shielding computers!
Sorry, I forgot to warn. EMF also affect male potency. tiphat

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2019, 01:43:35 AM »
Well I drafted up my own set of rules , so its 4/5 hours a day during no school days  maximum and there going to be strictly enforced  ;D The oldest one attends a programing course 3 nights a week , he's making games so has additional time anyway.

Summer time he's out by his ears every day.. usually doesn't like to go out just sits on a laptop, we took him to a weirdo's convention a little while back to meet people like himself.. :laugh:
Funny little beards, raincoats in the middle of the summer and all play these weird games in big building, hundreds of them..

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2019, 02:30:15 AM »

So, do not keep on'e's mobile in the front pocket ? ..

Seriously.... one is FAR more at risk from living near an electric powerline or phone mast
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 04:26:48 AM »

We talk about different things. I am about the harmful effects of EMF on the human body by the Sanitary Regulations. You talk about soft x-rays from the side of advertising shielding computers!

Hmm.. so, what you are saying is that computer monitors generate magnetic fields and these affect your health. Yeah, right.
Do you know that we are surrounded by magnetic fields? The whole earth has a magnetic field. That's how magnetic compasses work; they align with the earth's magnetic field. If your monitor (or computer) can disturb a magnetic compass, then you probably have bigger problems to worry about than your thyroid gland!
Oh, a modern screen, using LED/LCD displays does not generate a significant electromagnetic field.

Don't sit inside your microwave oven and you'll be perfectly safe.
https://www.who.int/peh-emf/about/WhatisEMF/en/index1.html

Clarke's 3rd law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

We can choose what we worry about but a little knowledge certainly reduces the need for fear of the unknown. As the WHO report suggests, stress caused by fear about the effects of EMF is much more likely to cause any claimed ill-effects than an electromagnetic field itself.

Offline Annushka

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2019, 05:14:09 AM »
andrewfi
Your lecture is too tiring for listeners. "Brevity is the sister of talent"! (Anton Chekhov).
 Unlike you, I am a graduate and I have the right, in accordance with my certificates of Russia on physical factors, to make recommendations. I am a practitioner, so I know the results of laboratory research and the consequences of physical factors (noise, vibration, electromagnetic and electrostatic fields, radiation and radiology). I was taught this in Russia! You are just an advanced internet user.
I make recommendations, not prescriptions. Is free. This is the right of everyone to fulfill them or not! It is your right to work or not with the Legislation, SanPinami and the GoST of Russia. They are the toughest in the world!
You have a rich imagination!  :chuckle:
If I pass an annual medical examination and take care of my health, it does not mean that I suffer from a phobia! Sorry, I do not have a free personal time to conduct useless correspondence with you. tiphat

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2019, 05:22:28 AM »
Annushka, I can't help the things that you don't know and can't be arsed to learn about. However, you are not the only reader of this thread and I would have hated to see people misled by your tales of witchcraft and fantasy.

People, not as lazy as you claim to be, can see for themselves that your fears are not real and thus can avoid infection from the ungrounded fears you shared.

I have no need to parade my certificates as a replacement for knowledge because I have never stopped learning and hopefully I never will.

Offline Annushka

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2019, 05:25:57 AM »
Steveboy,
You raise a good question.
My grandchildren are accustomed from birth to watching cartoons on a computer at a safe distance. I competently organize a place at the computer, in accordance with the sanitary rules. In the room there is only one computer! And that's it! No other devices! Parents internet they do not yet connect to the mobile, only Wi-Fi, when they are at home. The most dangerous area is the kitchen.
I calculate the dose of adverse effects during surveys. Perhaps there will be no exceeding the maximum permissible EMI standards with your rules. Only an accredited laboratory can answer! tiphat

Offline Annushka

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2019, 05:28:27 AM »

Hmm.. so, what you are saying is that computer monitors generate magnetic fields and these affect your health. Yeah, right.
Do you know that we are surrounded by magnetic fields? The whole earth has a magnetic field. That's how magnetic compasses work; they align with the earth's magnetic field. If your monitor (or computer) can disturb a magnetic compass, then you probably have bigger problems to worry about than your thyroid gland!
Oh, a modern screen, using LED/LCD displays does not generate a significant electromagnetic field.

Don't sit inside your microwave oven and you'll be perfectly safe.
https://www.who.int/peh-emf/about/WhatisEMF/en/index1.html

Clarke's 3rd law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

We can choose what we worry about but a little knowledge certainly reduces the need for fear of the unknown. As the WHO report suggests, stress caused by fear about the effects of EMF is much more likely to cause any claimed ill-effects than an electromagnetic field itself.

In the West, a favorite phrase: Putin is to blame! ;D :chuckle: :ROFL: :thumbsup:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2019, 05:56:56 AM »
Well I certainly don't think there are any Magnet interference going on.. ;D

Just sticking to 4/5 hours a day it will do for me..

As for myself, well for sure my eye sight has been effected a little bit(( I have other friends who all need glasses to read a menu now.. it is something Im not going to do, one of my friends said recently "Why do you fight it" Its just me:) Have one friend who uses his phone flashlight to read the menu even.. ;D

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2019, 06:08:59 AM »
Steveboy - Sounds like somebody has cataracts that they have not dealt with yet. Has your friend been to get his eyes seen to yet?

There's no doubt that spending too much time in front of a monitor is not great for one's eyes. As a small aid to my eye health, I have moved my work position so that I am next to a window with a good view and plenty of objects to focus upon at all distances from close by to far away. As I have aged I notice it takes longer to change focus from close to distant and while I do not need a flashlight to read a menu I do have early stage cataracts.