The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Brexit march this weekend  (Read 332 times)

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Brexit march this weekend
« on: March 11, 2019, 02:23:28 AM »
Well it's just a few more days until the UK officially leaves the eu ..

I have some nice champaign ready for the day 1841 Veuve Clicquo and some quality Dorset Oysters shipped over to me from the UK.. Its going to be a very special day..

Im really hoping the UK government who were democratically voted in by the people to carry out tasks for the people carry out this task for the British people ..

Otherwise there is going to be one hell of a lot of angry people taking to the streets..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
Re: Brexit march this weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 12:45:43 PM »
Well that's it!! It ain't going to happen and I'm cancelling my **** Oysters!!

What a weak and utterly pathetic government the UK have, they will never leave the EU now..

If I remember the Poll tax riots some years back , well I hope there will be worse this time , heads need to go on spikes! I already made plans with the wife in my absence ,
as I shall be joining in with the betrayed public..doing what ever needs to be done in London if so needed..

I understand that some people here that voted leave will be probably to busy making the Sunday roast , and rioting may not be your thing , but that's ok if you like to be *** up the *** I don't.

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 01:45:02 PM »
Well that's it!! It ain't going to happen and I'm cancelling my **** Oysters!!

What a weak and utterly pathetic government the UK have, they will never leave the EU now..

If I remember the Poll tax riots some years back , well I hope there will be worse this time , heads need to go on spikes! I already made plans with the wife in my absence ,
as I shall be joining in with the betrayed public..doing what ever needs to be done in London if so needed..
So worried as the govt keep losing and ignore votes
I understand that some people here that voted leave will be probably to busy making the Sunday roast , and rioting may not be your thing , but that's ok if you like to be *** up the *** I don't.

Why are you so worried..Mrs May is doing all she can to keep pushing a deal that keeps being rejected ))

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 05:37:21 AM »
I confess that I am turning to the opinion that we will not leave the EU. I do not blame the prime minister for that, not that she is perfect, but because of game playing amongst other stakeholders. There are many who would prefer us to leave the EU but for their own reasons and strategic goals will not allow it to happen.

I read an interesting piece analysing the case from a game theory perspective. If I find it I will link to it. The insight from it was that when the various ordered preferences of the stakeholders were considered, staying in the EU became the almost inevitable result. Not because it is the first choice of a majority of voting stakeholders but because it is the second choice of a majority and those who are in favour of leaving can pass the blame for remaining onto other people rather than accepting it themselves. There are a few pieces carrying out similar analysis however, the outcome is defined, in part by the framing of the problem and the timing of the analysis.

Unless the EU negotiators provide a way to break the log jam then we will stay. The EU's best interests are served by Britain staying and so have no incentive to break that log jam. Of course, if Britain stays then her position within the EU will be vastly weakened.

To not leave by dint of inaction is now, I think, the likely outcome.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 05:50:56 AM »
I confess that I am turning to the opinion that we will not leave the EU. I do not blame the prime minister for that, not that she is perfect, but because of game playing amongst other stakeholders. There are many who would prefer us to leave the EU but for their own reasons and strategic goals will not allow it to happen.

I read an interesting piece analysing the case from a game theory perspective. If I find it I will link to it. The insight from it was that when the various ordered preferences of the stakeholders were considered, staying in the EU became the almost inevitable result. Not because it is the first choice of a majority of voting stakeholders but because it is the second choice of a majority and those who are in favour of leaving can pass the blame for remaining onto other people rather than accepting it themselves. There are a few pieces carrying out similar analysis however, the outcome is defined, in part by the framing of the problem and the timing of the analysis.

Unless the EU negotiators provide a way to break the log jam then we will stay. The EU's best interests are served by Britain staying and so have no incentive to break that log jam. Of course, if Britain stays then her position within the EU will be vastly weakened.

To not leave by dint of inaction is now, I think, the likely outcome.

Don't you think it is absolutely disgusting though?

Absolutely terrible.. No point ever voting for anything again in that cesspit.. No point having any more referendums again surely?

So even if they had another referendum and they voted to leave again..they will not leave..

So what does it say about the British Government ? They are no better than some third world dictatorship ..

I couldn't give a fig about the country any way, once parents have gone I shall have no reason to ever go there again, Im also planning to ditch my UK passport , I don't need it for any thing, I don't need their stupid pension and I don't need their NHS I can pay for private and make my own way in life, you think I need some crummy British passport.. no thanks..

I have my own private protest about how the world is run in any case , not to be released yet for reasons..

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 06:20:15 AM »
The referendum was, of course, advisory. In my opinion, it is not May who has sabotaged the process but other stakeholders. A large enough minority can enforce changes that the majority do not want and that what is happening now, in the UK. This goes further than Brexit. Now that activists are learning how to use tools they were trained to use WRT Brexit they will use them again in other spheres of life.

A similar process has been underway in the United States, but with different situations. Civil and political life will suffer greatly and that will affect the entire populace.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 06:26:10 AM »
In a couple of years Im totally off the radar..

Switching Facebook off for 100% all the news Im never watching again, for all I care everyone can blow themselves to pieces, murder each other, start wars, drop anthrax, cyber attack each other..rape each other as long as it doesn't happen near me.. :laugh:

Already figured out where im going to be living..

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 06:40:30 AM »
One person who I cannot stand probably number 2 after blair is donald tusk. (Bloody spell checker here keeps giving them capitals , they don't deserve it)

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/donald-tusk-says-eu-open-long-brexit-delay-commons-gets-ready-vote-article-50-extension-104505889.html

Mmmm wonder why he wants a long extension, always been a slimmey git this one, would sell his soul to anyone even the devil!! He's up for US concentration / torture camps if it gives him a chance to suck US *** actually he is up for anything, probably turned his parents in to the Nazis in WW2..

yuck hate the weasel ..

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 09:31:21 AM »
Here are the list of traitors ..in the UK government

All need their heads removed from their bodies and put on spikes.. remember these *******. when it comes round to election time again..

MPs who voted in favour of taking no-deal off the table were:

Conservatives: Guto Bebb (Aberconwy), Richard Benyon (Newbury), Nick Boles (Grantham and Stamford), Kenneth Clarke (Rushcliffe), Jonathan Djanogly (Huntingdon), George Freeman (Mid Norfolk), Justine Greening (Putney), Dominic Grieve (Beaconsfield), Sam Gyimah (East Surrey), Phillip Lee (Bracknell), Oliver Letwin (West Dorset), Paul Masterton (East Renfrewshire), Sarah Newton (Truro and Falmouth), Mark Pawsey (Rugby), Antoinette Sandbach (Eddisbury), Nicholas Soames (Mid Sussex), Edward Vaizey (Wantage).

Labour: Diane Abbott (Hackney North and Stoke Newington), Debbie Abrahams (Oldham East and Saddleworth), Rushanara Ali (Bethnal Green and Bow), Rosena Allin-Khan (Tooting), Mike Amesbury (Weaver Vale), Tonia Antoniazzi (Gower), Jonathan Ashworth (Leicester South), Adrian Bailey (West Bromwich West), Margaret Beckett (Derby South), Hilary Benn (Leeds Central), Clive Betts (Sheffield South East), Roberta Blackman-Woods (City of Durham), Paul Blomfield (Sheffield Central), Tracy Brabin (Batley and Spen), Ben Bradshaw (Exeter), Kevin Brennan (Cardiff West), Lyn Brown (West Ham), Nicholas Brown (Newcastle upon Tyne East), Chris Bryant (Rhondda), Karen Buck (Westminster North), Richard Burden (Birmingham, Northfield), Richard Burgon (Leeds East), Dawn Butler (Brent Central), Liam Byrne (Birmingham, Hodge Hill), Ruth Cadbury (Brentford and Isleworth), Ronnie Campbell (Blyth Valley), Alan Campbell (Tynemouth), Dan Carden (Liverpool, Walton), Sarah Champion (Rotherham), Jenny Chapman (Darlington), Ann Clwyd (Cynon Valley), Vernon Coaker (Gedling), Julie Cooper (Burnley), Rosie Cooper (West Lancashire), Yvette Cooper (Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford), Jeremy Corbyn (Islington North), Neil Coyle (Bermondsey and Old Southwark), David Crausby (Bolton North East), Mary Creagh (Wakefield), Stella Creasy (Walthamstow), Jon Cruddas (Dagenham and Rainham), John Cryer (Leyton and Wanstead), Judith Cummins (Bradford South), Alex Cunningham (Stockton North), Jim Cunningham (Coventry South), Janet Daby (Lewisham East), Nic Dakin (S :censored: horpe), Wayne David (Caerphilly), Geraint Davies (Swansea West), Marsha De Cordova (Battersea), Gloria De Piero (Ashfield), Thangam Debbonaire (Bristol West), Emma Dent Coad (Kensington), Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi (Slough), Anneliese Dodds (Oxford East), Stephen Doughty (Cardiff South and Penarth), Peter Dowd (Bootle), David Drew (Stroud), Jack Dromey (Birmingham, Erdington), Rosie Duffield (Canterbury), Maria Eagle (Garston and Halewood), Angela Eagle (Wallasey), Clive Efford (Eltham), Julie Elliott (Sunderland Central), Louise Ellman (Liverpool, Riverside), Chris Elmore (Ogmore), Bill Esterson (Sefton Central), Chris Evans (Islwyn), Paul Farrelly (Newcastle-under-Lyme), Jim Fitzpatrick (Poplar and Limehouse), Colleen Fletcher (Coventry North East), Caroline Flint (Don Valley), Yvonne Fovargue (Makerfield), Vicky Foxcroft (Lewisham, Deptford), James Frith (Bury North), Gill Furniss (Sheffield, Brightside and Hillsborough), Hugh Gaffney (Coatbridge, Chryston and Bellshill), Barry Gardiner (Brent North), Ruth George (High Peak), Preet Kaur Gill (Birmingham, Edgbaston), Mary Glindon (North Tyneside), Roger Godsiff (Birmingham, Hall Green), Helen Goodman (Bishop Auckland), Kate Green (Stretford and Urmston), Lilian Greenwood (Nottingham South), Margaret Greenwood (Wirral West), Nia Griffith (Llanelli), John Grogan (Keighley), Louise Haigh (Sheffield, Heeley), Fabian Hamilton (Leeds North East), David Hanson (Delyn), Emma Hardy (Kingston upon Hull West and Hessle), Harriet Harman (Camberwell and Peckham), Carolyn Harris (Swansea East), Helen Hayes (Dulwich and West Norwood), Sue Hayman (Workington), John Healey (Wentworth and Dearne), Mark Hendrick (Preston), Mike Hill (Hartlepool), Meg Hillier (Hackney South and Shoreditch), Margaret Hodge (Barking), Sharon Hodgson (Washington and Sunderland West), Kate Hollern (Blackburn), George Howarth (Knowsley), Rupa Huq (Ealing Central and Acton), Imran Hussain (Bradford East), Dan Jarvis (Barnsley Central), Diana Johnson (Kingston upon Hull North), Darren Jones (Bristol North West), Gerald Jones (Merthyr Tydfil and Rhymney), Graham P Jones (Hyndburn), Helen Jones (Warrington North), Kevan Jones (North Durham), Sarah Jones (Croydon Central), Susan Elan Jones (Clwyd South), Mike Kane (Wythenshawe and Sale East), Barbara Keeley (Worsley and Eccles South), Liz Kendall (Leicester West), Afzal Khan (Manchester, Gorton), Ged Killen (Rutherglen and Hamilton West), Stephen Kinnock (Aberavon), Peter Kyle (Hove), Lesley Laird (Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath), David Lammy (Tottenham), Ian Lavery (Wansbeck), Karen Lee (Lincoln), Emma Lewell-Buck (South Shields), Clive Lewis (Norwich South), Tony Lloyd (Rochdale), Rebecca Long Bailey (Salford and Eccles), Ian C. Lucas (Wrexham), Holly Lynch (Halifax), Justin Madders (Ellesmere Port and Neston), Khalid Mahmood (Birmingham, Perry Barr), Shabana Mahmood (Birmingham, Ladywood), Seema Malhotra (Feltham and Heston), Gordon Marsden (Blackpool South), Sandy Martin (Ipswich), Rachael Maskell (York Central), Christian Matheson (City of Chester), Steve McCabe (Birmingham, Selly Oak), Kerry McCarthy (Bristol East), Siobhain McDonagh (Mitcham and Morden), Andy McDonald (Middlesbrough), John McDonnell (Hayes and Harlington), Pat McFadden (Wolverhampton South East), Conor McGinn (St Helens North), Alison McGovern (Wirral South), Liz McInnes (Heywood and Middleton), Catherine McKinnell (Newcastle upon Tyne North), Jim McMahon (Oldham West and Royton), Anna McMorrin (Cardiff North), Ian Mearns (Gateshead), Edward Miliband (Doncaster North), Madeleine Moon (Bridgend), Jessica Morden (Newport East), Stephen Morgan (Portsmouth South), Grahame Morris (Easington), Ian Murray (Edinburgh South), Lisa Nandy (Wigan), Alex Norris (Nottingham North), Melanie Onn (Great Grimsby), Chi Onwurah (Newcastle upon Tyne Central), Kate Osamor (Edmonton), Albert Owen (Ynys Mon), Stephanie Peacock (Barnsley East), Teresa Pearce (Erith and Thamesmead), Matthew Pennycook (Greenwich and Woolwich), Toby Perkins (Chesterfield), Jess Phillips (Birmingham, Yardley), Bridget Phillipson (Houghton and Sunderland South), Laura Pidcock (North West Durham), Jo Platt (Leigh), Luke Pollard (Plymouth, Sutton and Devonport), Stephen Pound (Ealing North), Lucy Powell (Manchester Central), Yasmin Qureshi (Bolton South East), Faisal Rashid (Warrington South), Angela Rayner (Ashton-under-Lyne), Steve Reed (Croydon North), Christina Rees (Neath), Ellie Reeves (Lewisham West and Penge), Rachel Reeves (Leeds West), Emma Reynolds (Wolverhampton North East), Jonathan Reynolds (Stalybridge and Hyde), Marie Rimmer (St Helens South and Whiston), Geoffrey Robinson (Coventry North West), Matt Rodda (Reading East), Danielle Rowley (Midlothian), Chris Ruane (Vale of Clwyd), Lloyd Russell-Moyle (Brighton, Kemptown), Naz Shah (Bradford West), Virendra Sharma (Ealing, Southall), Barry Sheerman (Huddersfield), Paula Sherriff (Dewsbury), Tulip Siddiq (Hampstead and Kilburn), Dennis Skinner (Bolsover), Andy Slaughter (Hammersmith), Ruth Smeeth (Stoke-on-Trent North), Cat Smith (Lancaster and Fleetwood), Eleanor Smith (Wolverhampton South West), Jeff Smith (Manchester, Withington), Laura Smith (Crewe and Nantwich), Owen Smith (Pontypridd), Karin Smyth (Bristol South), Gareth Snell (Stoke-on-Trent Central), Alex Sobel (Leeds North West), John Spellar (Warley), Keir Starmer (Holborn and St Pancras), Jo Stevens (Cardiff Central), Wes Streeting (Ilford North), Paul Sweeney (Glasgow North East), Mark Tami (Alyn and Deeside), Gareth Thomas (Harrow West), Nick Thomas-Symonds (Torfaen), Emily Thornberry (Islington South and Finsbury), Stephen Timms (East Ham), Jon Trickett (Hemsworth), Anna Turley (Redcar), Karl Turner (Kingston upon Hull East), Derek Twigg (Halton), Stephen Twigg (Liverpool, West Derby), Liz Twist (Blaydon), Keith Vaz (Leicester East), Valerie Vaz (Walsall South), Thelma Walker (Colne Valley), Tom Watson (West Bromwich East), Catherine West (Hornsey and Wood Green), Matt Western (Warwick and Leamington), Alan Whitehead (Southampton, Test), Martin Whitfield (East Lothian), Paul Williams (Stockton South), Phil Wilson (Sedgefield), Mohammad Yasin (Bedford), Daniel Zeichner (Cambridge), Nick Smith (Blaenau Gwent) and Bambos Charalambous (Enfield, Southgate).

SNP: Hannah Bardell (Livingston), Mhairi Black (Paisley and Renfrewshire South), Ian Blackford (Ross, Skye and Lochaber), Kirsty Blackman (Aberdeen North), Deidre Brock (Edinburgh North and Leith), Alan Brown (Kilmarnock and Loudoun), Lisa Cameron (East Kilbride, Strathaven and Lesmahagow), Douglas Chapman (Dunfermline and West Fife), Joanna Cherry (Edinburgh South West), Ronnie Cowan (Inverclyde), Angela Crawley (Lanark and Hamilton East), Martyn Day (Linlithgow and East Falkirk), Martin Docherty-Hughes (West Dunbartonshire), Marion Fellows (Motherwell and Wishaw), Stephen Gethins (North East Fife), Patricia Gibson (North Ayrshire and Arran), Patrick Grady (Glasgow North), Peter Grant (Glenrothes), Neil Gray (Airdrie and Shotts), Drew Hendry (Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey), Stewart Hosie (Dundee East), Chris Law (Dundee West), David Linden (Glasgow East), Angus Brendan MacNeil (Na h-Eileanan an Iar), Stewart Malcolm McDonald (Glasgow South), Stuart C. McDonald (Cumbernauld, Kilsyth and Kirkintilloch East), John McNally (Falkirk), Carol Monaghan (Glasgow North West), Gavin Newlands (Paisley and Renfrewshire North), Brendan O'Hara (Argyll and Bute), Tommy Sheppard (Edinburgh East), Chris Stephens (Glasgow South West), Alison Thewliss (Glasgow Central), Philippa Whitford (Central Ayrshire), Pete Wishart (Perth and North Perthshire).

Liberal Democrats: Tom Brake (Carshalton and Wallington), Vince Cable (Twickenham), Alistair Carmichael (Orkney and Shetland), Edward Davey (Kingston and Surbiton), Tim Farron (Westmorland and Lonsdale), Wera Hobhouse (Bath), Christine Jardine (Edinburgh West), Norman Lamb (North Norfolk), Layla Moran (Oxford West and Abingdon), Jamie Stone (Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross), Jo Swinson (East Dunbartonshire).

Plaid Cymru: Jonathan Edwards (Carmarthen East and Dinefwr), Ben Lake (Ceredigion), Liz Saville Roberts (Dwyfor Meirionnydd), Hywel Williams (Arfon).

Green Party MP Caroline Lucas (Brighton Pavilion).

Independent MPs: Heidi Allen (South Cambridgeshire), Ian Austin (Dudley North), Luciana Berger (Liverpool, Wavertree), Ann Coffey (Stockport), Mike Gapes (Ilford South), Chris Leslie (Nottingham East), Ivan Lewis (Bury South), Stephen Lloyd (Eastbourne), Jared O'Mara (Sheffield, Hallam), Fiona Onasanya (Peterborough), Joan Ryan (Enfield North), Gavin Shuker (Luton South), Angela Smith (Penistone and Stocksbridge), Anna Soubry (Broxtowe), Chuka Umunna (Streatham), Chris Williamson (Derby North), Sarah Wollaston (Totnes), John Woodcock (Barrow and Furness).

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 10:46:45 AM »
You'd have been quicker to copy and paste those who no longer represent the majority of the UK electorate ..

Example the DUP...  they represent less than 40 percent - and may be closer to 30 percent of the electorate

DEAL with it ....  If nothing other than the pre-existing CTA and good Friday Agreement - the farce of 'Brexit' was doomed

Those seeking 'complex' reasoning are simply exhibiting their usual inability to read a situation ..

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 01:44:27 PM »
You'd have been quicker to copy and paste those who no longer represent the majority of the UK electorate ..

Example the DUP...  they represent less than 40 percent - and may be closer to 30 percent of the electorate

DEAL with it ....  If nothing other than the pre-existing CTA and good Friday Agreement - the farce of 'Brexit' was doomed

Those seeking 'complex' reasoning are simply exhibiting their usual inability to read a situation ..

For me I wouldn't want to waste my time arguing with a (liberal ) remainer.. best one is a dead one.. its that simple for me..other remainers they are just dumbass mf's

Im even tired of all the idiots on the planet .. you know I never did believe in god , but recently I have taken up praying for a 300 mile wide meter to hit the planet..

Give all the sad people some real news.. probably blame it on the Russians.. :ROFL:

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 07:14:43 AM »
So there is going to be some kind of official rally London on 29th , the day the Uk should be leaving the UK..

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/nigel-farage-lead-leave-means-024539016.html

Brexiteers on this forum WILL YOU BE there? What possible excuse have you not to attend ?

Just 3-4 million to turn up in London and the government is well and truly **********

As Arnold would say "Make it happen". or was it "make my day"