The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: What does your Russian wife think of Ukrainian women and vice versa ?  (Read 3901 times)

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
I would of thought some one would of asked this before..

So you are married to a Russian women , or a Ukrainian women what does she think about the OTHER women?

If you have a Russian wife ask her what she thinks of Ukrainian women ?

If you have a Ukrainian wife ask her what she thinks of Russian women ?

Ok I understand this question might make it a little awkward should there be a RUA social night out one day.. don't want to start a war there.. :laugh:

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Steamer

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1-5
Re: What does your Russian wife think of Ukrainian women and vice versa ?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 01:02:11 PM »
My wife is from Moscow and her best friend is from Ukraine. She has no issues with Ukraine and is more concerned with attitude and work ethic. She totally avoids the chronic complainers (R or U).
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I've never seen a winner that didn't bet

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 12:08:51 AM »
A Good question, Steveboy and it illustrates daft prejudices

Back in the 'noughties' we regularly heard laughter from Russians when their newly installed  RTR Planeta satellite TV system  had ad breaks - as many were in Ukrainian - a 'village language'

V - my soon to be ( honest) Russian ex-wife  used to call it bucolic ?  She is now v.friendly with UA women in the UK ;)  She also told me UA women were not to be trusted  :chuckle:

I told her how both Protestant and R.Catholics both claim to be able to distinguish each other - as their eyes are closer together....  ?!

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 09:32:22 AM »
A Good question, Steveboy and it illustrates daft prejudices

Back in the 'noughties' we regularly heard laughter from Russians when their newly installed  RTR Planeta satellite TV system  had ad breaks - as many were in Ukrainian - a 'village language'

V - my soon to be ( honest) Russian ex-wife  used to call it bucolic ?  She is now v.friendly with UA women in the UK ;)  She also told me UA women were not to be trusted  :chuckle:

I told her how both Protestant and R.Catholics both claim to be able to distinguish each other - as their eyes are closer together....  ?!

Looks like no one else wants to comment.. maybe its a touchy subject.. but its an easy enough question.. either way it means nothing bad..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline SL0413

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 01:10:57 PM »
My fiance has no real opinion one way or the other about Russian women vs Ukrainian.  Instead she has certain opinions regarding types of Russian/Ukrainian women. 

There's a TV shows on channel 1+1 that we watch sometimes.  It is about matching 2 people on a blind wedding and tracking them for a week, and seeing if they want to be together in the end.  She mentions that the men on that show seem mostly normal but the women tend to be a bit too crazy. 

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
What does your Russian wife think of Ukrainian women and vice versa ?
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 02:01:41 PM »
So you are married to a Russian women , or a Ukrainian women what does she think about the OTHER women?

My wife is Russian and she has both Russian and Ukrainian girl friends. Regarding women
I am supposed to avoid ALL of them. ALL the girls on the side panel advertisement are
Ukrainian women and when I am posting here, I am obviously writing to one of them.

She doesn't seriously think that I am writing to one of the girls advertised on the side
panel, (or I would be dead) but she thinks I am wasting my time here and she is
mostly right.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 07:20:29 AM »
I would have thought your answer was easily worked out by watching the tirades one way and another by the men on the R vs UA other topics, most men blindly following who ever they're getting their sex from  :'(

Spending pretty much equal time in both countries over the past 19 years, including since the "war", and amongst the diaspora of both out in Australia has shown me the women are the most immovable in their attitudes. It seems to me if they had friends/workmates from the "other" country before the "war", then those friendships have survived for the most part.

I do, however, know of one very close group of Slavic females in Western Australia who have had a terminal falling out since 2014, and I don't think it will ever be repaired. They are like rabid dogs, all teeth and froth. The Russians calling the Ukrainians "whores and baby killers", and the Ukrainians saying the Russians would all "suck murdering Putin's ck". Really sad stuff for once best friends, and difficult for the husbands involved.

My main Russian city is Ekaterinburg, where I still spend time every year with my son's grandparents. My "ex-laws" have never been to Ukraine, and are old enough to remember the "empire". They believe EVERYTHING they see on TV, so we can not discuss politics and a world view. Their daughter refused to sign my travel documents allowing my son to accompany me to Ukraine until this year (now 13yrs). Seeing their favourite grandson return alive, and raving about what a great time he had , how everyone is friendly to him and speaks Russian, seemed to ease things up a bit.
I noticed in this city (Ekat), that has little UA influence or exchange, that people in general have a very poor attitude towards Ukrainians, and always talk about the "Ukrainian" prostitutes in Europe and the Middle East.....none of them can be Russian apparently!. Oh, and ONLY UA is corrupt...right after they complain about getting hit up from a traffic cop. I have never noticed this generalised bad attitude when in St Petr or Moscow.

My main city of residence in Ukraine is Odessa, which those of you that have been to will know is very "Russian". Every single one of my local friends has Russian friends, travels to Moscow regularly, or hosts those open minded Russians that still travel there. They, to a person, hate Putin and "holidaying" military wandering around the east, but see them as distinct from the average Russian. I have never once heard one of my female Ukrainian friends disparage a Russian women based on her nationality. A bitch however is a bitch in every nationality...

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2018, 08:36:58 AM »
I would have thought your answer was easily worked out by watching the tirades one way and another by the men on the R vs UA other topics, most men blindly following who ever they're getting their sex from  :'(

Most.. certainly not all ..glad you said that ;)

Offline Manny

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2018, 09:37:45 AM »
Russian women often arrive with the normal Russian prejudices about Ukrainians, but as with many of the daft superstitions they bring with them, it tends to fade away. Especially when they've met a few normal ones.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline yankee

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2018, 09:54:45 AM »

My wife is Russian and she has both Russian and Ukrainian girl friends. Regarding women
I am supposed to avoid ALL of them. ALL the girls on the side panel advertisement are
Ukrainian women and when I am posting here, I am obviously writing to one of them.

She doesn't seriously think that I am writing to one of the girls advertised on the side
mostly right.

My wife is  very similar to this.  She thinks the girls on the right charge by the hour.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2018, 02:45:21 PM »

mostly right.

My wife is  very similar to this.  She thinks the girls on the right charge by the hour.

There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2018, 02:46:28 PM »
Russian women often arrive with the normal Russian prejudices about Ukrainians, but as with many of the daft superstitions they bring with them, it tends to fade away. Especially when they've met a few normal ones.
Funny you say that, my wife is Ukrainian and it's about much the same in reverse.
That said, it has been discussed maybe twice in last 5 years, only when she meets a strange
Russian girl LOL. Not enough to say much either way, just people being people really.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2018, 01:52:44 PM »

It’s a bit like the Brits thinking people from Ireland are all stupid and untrustworthy..........

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2018, 04:23:28 PM »

It’s a bit like the Brits thinking people from Ireland are all stupid and untrustworthy..........

Not to be too much of a prick but..... dutch police keeps warning us about travelling irish men and getting ripped off
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2018, 05:10:22 PM »

Not to be too much of a prick but..... dutch police keeps warning us about travelling irish men and getting ripped off

Yet you still did business with Moby?  :chuckle:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2018, 12:56:13 AM »

I've certainly heard the 'stubborn' part - certainly often the case - Scots 'blood' ? [ :chuckle:] -  but 'untrustworthy' ....   ?

I certainly wouldn't want certain Irish Travellers camping nearby...  given the sh1t they leave behind - but trying to 'upset' me with daft generalisations is certainly worthy of a Rosco  'tactic'.

I'm Scots by lineage on one side of the family ....  Hmm

Yet you still did business with Moby?

:ROFL:

Registration