The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Siberian Beauties  (Read 663 times)

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Siberian Beauties
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2018, 11:56:28 PM »
Great article, thanks for sharing! Do you happen to know when this Expeditionary Force in Siberia occurred?

Further on Frazier notes an interesting fact; “The first time American men met Russian women in large members” was during the time when there was an American Expeditionary Force in Siberia of the 6,000 personnel 700 married Russian women or 6%. The General leading the forces was not pleased but higher ups told him not to punish these soldiers.

(His math is off though, 10% would be 600 so 700 is actually almost 11.65%)

Yes I noticed the math mistake, well at least some one reads the posts!  :laugh:

The  Expeditionary Force  was from 1918 ~ 1920. There were two 'forces' on the East coast of Russia. History has very different views of this conflict.

Two novels came out of the events, 11 Flags, the author I can not recall and U. Sinclair's Oil.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Confederate

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2018, 12:56:51 AM »
Great article, thanks for sharing! Do you happen to know when this Expeditionary Force in Siberia occurred?

Further on Frazier notes an interesting fact; “The first time American men met Russian women in large members” was during the time when there was an American Expeditionary Force in Siberia of the 6,000 personnel 700 married Russian women or 6%. The General leading the forces was not pleased but higher ups told him not to punish these soldiers.

(His math is off though, 10% would be 600 so 700 is actually almost 11.65%)

Yes I noticed the math mistake, well at least some one reads the posts!  :laugh:

The  Expeditionary Force  was from 1918 ~ 1920. There were two 'forces' on the East coast of Russia. History has very different views of this conflict.

Two novels came out of the events, 11 Flags, the author I can not recall and U. Sinclair's Oil.

It’s truly tragic that the USA didn’t properly prop up the Whites and the Tsar. All of those millions of lives could have been saved. I’ve seen a video of Russia prior to the revolution, it was a country becoming very prosperous. And there was no bread shortage either, the Bolsheviks locked it in warehouses and let it rot so they could force their bloody revolution.

We never should have allowed NY Banker Schiff to finance them either, he should have been jailed and his money confiscated. The USA really let the Russian people down back then.
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. P. J. O'Rourke

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2018, 01:39:05 AM »
"Further West he reaches Krasnoyarsk he notices “Looking around, I noticed that beautiful women were in fact walking everywhere, as if I had wandered onto a set of a science-fiction movie about a city inhabited by only beautiful women. The numbers of beauties in Krasnoyarsk would put even Velikii Ustyug in the shade.”

Still applies today, I suspect ..WHY? ...Probably the combination of east meeting west ?