The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Another one bites the dust..  (Read 3823 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Another one bites the dust..
« on: December 06, 2018, 06:22:30 AM »
As Freddy Mercury would say:

"Another one bites the dust" 

A fair few FSU women dating sites have come to an end in the last 18 months, even more marriage agencies..just holding on by their teeth..

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
Re: Another one bites the dust..
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 08:33:32 PM »

Over time, I've seen a lot of websites close down and reopen with another name. Easy to do since they have rights to all the profiles on the site getting shut down. With a NEW exciting website that has no bad reputation or reviews that can be Googled, people are likely to pay money to sign up.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 03:39:42 AM »

Over time, I've seen a lot of websites close down and reopen with another name. Easy to do since they have rights to all the profiles on the site getting shut down. With a NEW exciting website that has no bad reputation or reviews that can be Googled, people are likely to pay money to sign up.

Yes but it is a different story today, they cannot close down and start again with a brand new sites as they have no members left in their database to show the new web site.. most are closing down now due to these facts:

1. The MOB business in Eastern Europe is coming to an end, there is still plenty of business out there and there still will be for some years yet.. BUT for older women 35+ So the base of potential sign ups is slowly shrinking.

2. Lots of older web sites that were around 10/15 years ago still have the same format and layout, design and technology today (The few that are still going) as they did 10/15 years ago..

Not keeping up with the times is not a good decision in the tech world for example 10/15 years ago Russian women were happy to sign up to ANY old dating site to meet foreign men, it was more important to JUST sign up , what wasn't important was the quality and features of the web site. Those days there was no such thing as Apps , no Mobile version web sites .. today it is a totally different game even women in their 40/50's will probably be using some form of app even for making selfies , younger women will be signed up to all sorts of apps that may not be related to dating BUT by using these products they are already expecting a good experience when it comes to signing up to a web site , so signing up to some old MOB site with bad technology and an outdated site will and does just result in them leaving, never to come back.

Young modern Russian women no longer want shitty products and the same applies to dating sites!

3. The failure rate for dating start ups is 99% within 5 years even more so now for the MOB business its pretty well impossible to start from scratch unless you have a huge budget..

Right now there is only a handful of decent sites out there to meet FSU Women I would say 4/5 and that's it! Lucky my sites are one of those. ;D

We only rebuilt our web sites 2 years ago and already we have a new updated version coming out shortly , the present format is being scrapped and replaced with something 10 times better and a fair cost..

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 04:38:06 AM »
...and bride.ru limped back into life  ! ;)
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 06:03:22 AM »
...and bride.ru limped back into life  ! ;)

Yup, limped maybe. The most recent testimonial on the site is from 2006. Judging by ages and dates of birth the newest profiles are at least two years old

This is a zombie site that was sold cheaply, or copied for free, and now hoovers up pennies from fools. A profitable business but not one to make a person rich.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 09:05:46 AM »
Given the latest profile is Nastya

http://bride.ru/ph/htcgi/ladies/1095/1095060P1.html

"Profile posted on:   
Thu Jan 24 15:53:13 2019 (Moscow time)"

I make that 2 days - NOT 2 years ...

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 03:40:07 PM »
Have a look at the other profiles that claim to have been posted in the last 30 days.

Don't be so silly - even you know better, when you are being honest - whoops, forgot that's something you don't do.

The site is functional, that's clear. That sometimes, somebody either signs up, or the profile gets churned and redated is normal. A couple of profiles hardly changes the point being made, does it?

Go on, be honest, tell us the truth - do you honestly think that site is a vibrant, lively site full of up to date profiles of women hungry to marry foreign guys?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 10:39:33 PM »

On every page of Mamba.ru in the upper right corner is a Bride.ru link. Mamba is for local hookup and Bride.ru are women that sign up who's open to a foreign man. Most ladies there have not been listed at an agency or tainted by an agency. The ladies there write their own profiles which are clearly different than profiles at agencies. If a guy doesn't know how FSU women write their own profile, read profiles at Bride.ru. Bride.ru calls the women to verify they exist before their profile gets published. A paying customer at Bride.ru gets email address and phone number of the ladies they are interested in. There is no interference by Bride.ru in communications and they don't offer services.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 11:50:45 PM »
Have a look at the other profiles that claim to have been posted in the last 30 days.

Don't be so silly - even you know better, when you are being honest - whoops, forgot that's something you don't do.

What we have here is a typical - andrewfi - "I posted bollox, it got spotted, so I'll be personal" - response ...

*I* raised that bride.ru had limped back and your error as to how recently lasses had registered ( "2 years" )  - you have compounded your howler by suggesting it is the site manipulating by 'refreshing' the date women joined ..  Is this another of your 'estimations' or do you know this for a fact ? 

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 03:40:30 AM »
Billy, while bride.ru might be fun and great and everything, that ad you're seeing is not universal. You might see it on Mamba but other people will not. You probably see it because you are a recent/frequent visitor to bride.ru as a result of an automated ad display process called remarketing.

Also, the site is, as already noted, moribund. It might be fun for you to go and get your jollies but take a look, during your next furtive session, at the registration dates of the profiles at the "New last 30 Days" link. As moby spotted, there were, the other day, a couple of recent profiles, others on the same page date back to 2016. For example, this one: http://bride.ru/ph/htcgi/ladies/933/933192P1.html currently featured as a new profile.

Why do people insist on misleading others with inaccurate information?

There's plenty of wank fodder for the furtive fiddler but not so much action for people after a bit of reality.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 06:55:12 AM »
Bride.ru is a dead site.. BUT it was one of the best about 10 years ago+ it had top search positions all over the net for the best key words but as is the case so often they had been cheating Google with SEO and several years back were removed from search results for a long time so lost vast amounts of traffic and those days it was easy to manipulate Google.
They also had a affiliate site but as is so often the case when it comes to dating sites, they never paid any of their affiliates ;D

And of course 15 years ago it was perfectly ok to get women to sign up giving their personal details out such as private phone number and home address then sell it on to paying male members without the women knowledge , I used the site many years ago and used to send loads of SMS's out to women from the site, many asking where the hell I got their private number from.
now it would simply not be acceptable and would probably result in being sued..

Women no longer want some shitty site and certainly don't want any site selling they private information..Its a little like 15 years ago there was little customer service in Russia now people expect it especially women!

So a long slippery slope from the top..

Offline yankee

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2019, 11:25:54 AM »
went looking for ll  lucky lovers and couldn't find them.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2019, 11:33:08 AM »

Not many lovers are lucky - always hard to find them.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2019, 11:36:32 AM »

I think that site has also bitten the dust.. not 100% sure though..

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2019, 11:53:02 AM »
both lucky-lovers.net and luckylovers.net are still up

Offline yankee

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2019, 05:47:21 PM »
both lucky-lovers.net and luckylovers.net are still up

I forgot it was .net
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 09:32:56 PM »
Billy, while bride.ru might be fun and great and everything, that ad you're seeing is not universal. You might see it on Mamba but other people will not. You probably see it because you are a recent/frequent visitor to bride.ru as a result of an automated ad display process called remarketing.

I know those marketing ploys but it's a fixed link. It's in Russian and it's not for marketing to me.  The link has been there for over a decade and never changes but I just looked at Mamba and it seems they changed their look.

Edited to add: the links are still at Mamba's sister site on the top. I translated what it said and it's marketing to the girls on mamba asking if they want to marry a foreigner.

https://singles.ru/

Also, the site is, as already noted, moribund. It might be fun for you to go and get your jollies but take a look, during your next furtive session, at the registration dates of the profiles at the "New last 30 Days" link. As moby spotted, there were, the other day, a couple of recent profiles, others on the same page date back to 2016. For example, this one: http://bride.ru/ph/htcgi/ladies/933/933192P1.html currently featured as a new profile.

Some girls update their profile to get back on top. There's no deception and the company itself doesn't interfere with people's communications. I used Bride.ru over a decade ago and it was busier then but there are still thousands of women there and the profiles aren't as old as many agency profiles are. Haven't seen a profile over 4 years old at Bride.ru but I have seen profile over 8 years old at agencies.

Sure the site isn't as active anymore but looking for action is what gets guys in trouble. They begin to believe 20 girls have to write them everyday for a site to be legit. Real women don't have time to write a bunch in the wee hours of the morning to Western men. Bride.ru doesn't sell a fantasy so it's a not a scam site in my book.

Offline Mr strange

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2019, 11:55:46 AM »
What do you think of hotrussianbrides?

https://www.hotrussianbrides.com/myhome/

Not a member but the actual profiles seems weird in that you always see the same girls regardles off the time of the day, Some are not activated but still in the search. It looks like behind the scenes something is controling the profiles regardless.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2019, 03:47:04 PM »
What do you think of hotrussianbrides?

https://www.hotrussianbrides.com/myhome/

Not a member but the actual profiles seems weird in that you always see the same girls regardles off the time of the day, Some are not activated but still in the search. It looks like behind the scenes something is controling the profiles regardless.

Its a scam site!! Nothing more, I had a few court threats from them a long time back they think they own the rights to the phrase "Hot Russian brides" I did have a page /hot-russian-brides as did and still do many other web sites for search purposes.   So they issued  some threats from some crappy law firm in the US a few years back, I told the idiots where to get off. After that they contacted my hosting at the time and threatened legal action against them, so I had no choice but to remove that page or remove my web site from the poster.. I removed the page for the simple reason I couldn't be assed to move to another hoster ..

I could make another page now something like /hot-russian-brides  problem it's an absolutely shit key word that brings visitors from countries such as Pakistan, Algeria and other such countries.. what serious person is going to search such a stupid word??

Another site fast on the way out I give 12/24 months the outdated scam techniques they used are history now..

https://spymetrics.ru/ru/website/hotrussianbrides.com

Offline BillyB

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2019, 08:39:03 PM »

Hot Russian Brides is a scam site. Everything about it is fake. After reading some profiles, I can tell the girls don't write their profiles and the names for their profile aren't even chosen by them. Clear difference between how a normal woman writes her own profile and how an agency would write it. Best a man figure out the difference if he wants to be successful in this endeavor.