The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: What do Russian Women Really Think About American Men?  (Read 7324 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
What do Russian Women Really Think About American Men?
« on: December 05, 2018, 01:59:52 PM »
Okay, hopefully this will be fun. I'm sure the UK guys will remind us Americans about how inferior we are in every way, LOL!  :laugh:

Knock yourselves out. Hopefully Zhenya of Kiev will contribute, even though she's not a Russian national we really appreciate having her here!  tiphat

https://idateadvice.com/what-do-russian-women-think-of-american-men-the-good-the-bad-the-truth

Offline Zhenya

Re: What do Russian Women Really Think About American Men?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 05:56:42 AM »
Yes, I am 100% Ukrainian and if you look where the most beautiful women are, its definitely not Russia, but Ukraine,though. I have read a report on this but long ago so cant provide a link. It was a historical study. But the first question is why in general American men do not want their own women but FSU women? My personal thinking is that only those men who failed in their own surroundings, start to look around. Of course there are exceptions. And probably American men have stereotypes that we here can do anything for them and that he is buying a nurse. But that is not the case anymore. Ukrainian women became more independent and make their own choices in life now. And we have plenty of men here who know how to take care of a woman. We are very emotional and need real love. Just some girls are hunting for wealth. And statistics on happy marriages from dating agencies is very low. Just start to look around, maybe your love is just round the corner and you do not need to cross the oceans to find it. But indeed sometimes miracles happen and people find each other in different corners of the world. I like such an expression-there are no loving halves:there are people with whom you want to spend one hour, couple days or the whole life.... So love and be loved!

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 12:18:45 PM »
Yes, I am 100% Ukrainian and if you look where the most beautiful women are, its definitely not Russia, but Ukraine,though. I have read a report on this but long ago so cant provide a link. It was a historical study. But the first question is why in general American men do not want their own women but FSU women? My personal thinking is that only those men who failed in their own surroundings, start to look around. Of course there are exceptions. And probably American men have stereotypes that we here can do anything for them and that he is buying a nurse. But that is not the case anymore. Ukrainian women became more independent and make their own choices in life now. And we have plenty of men here who know how to take care of a woman. We are very emotional and need real love. Just some girls are hunting for wealth. And statistics on happy marriages from dating agencies is very low. Just start to look around, maybe your love is just round the corner and you do not need to cross the oceans to find it. But indeed sometimes miracles happen and people find each other in different corners of the world. I like such an expression-there are no loving halves:there are people with whom you want to spend one hour, couple days or the whole life.... So love and be loved!

Where to begin?

First it’s a stereotype that Ukrainian women are more beautiful than Russian women.

At some point physical beauty is a drawback, most guys would rather date a 7 with inner beauty and a warm personality than ice princess who is 8, 9 or 10.

If you lived USA as a man you would not bother with this question.

There’s an obesity epidemic; 65% of AW are obese. If you’re an average to good looking guy with a healthy body weight would you be happy with that or look elsewhere?

Poor appearance? When you see 200lb short woman in sweatpants in USA it’s not because she’s going to the gym, it’s because she’s too lazy to make any attempt whatsoever to dress nice and take pride in her appearance. Then there are the tattoos; it’s a nightmare.

Entitlement? My friend in CA says all they want to do is eat Bon Bon’s and expect the man to contribute everything, while running up his credit cards.

Piggy? I had two female roommates in college, both disgusting pigs. They did not contribute to cleaning the apt. and their rooms disaster zones.

Mental illness? The song “Baby it’s cold outside” used to be romantic. Now the guy must be trying to rape her, go figure.

No doubt they’d rather date a rapper who would refer to them as a bit*h and “ho”.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 03:25:36 PM »
Zhenya,

I'm going to give you a different example, one which I hope will make perfect sense.

Back in the 1970's it's safe to say that American car manufacturers had gotten lazy and were building cars which were no longer top quality, as well they were gas guzzlers.

Along came Volkswagen selling VW Beetles and Honda selling Civics and Accords. Very soon afterwards a sizeable portion of the American public fell in love with import cars, especially of the Japanese variety and begin to purchase them a lot.

Of course initially the American carmakers sqealed and complained that it wasn't fair and that patriotic Americans only purchased "made in America". Eventually they had to get their act together and make cars which were much better quality and which were also more fuel efficient.

I would say it took at least a decade for the American manufacturers to catch up to the Japanese and Europeans.

That's what is called a "global market", people like to be able to purchase what they want and from where.

It may sound crass but the reality is that dating and marriage is also a global market now. Men want women who are actually willing to contribute to a relationship in meaningful ways and ones who wish to commit and get married.

American Women and Western Women in general are bitching, moaning and kvetching about it; so sad, too bad.

They don't want to eat healthy, get in shape, dress like a lady or sometimes sexy (and I don't mean the sluts bouncing around, I mean the ones mentally healthy enough to commit) in order to attract a man, put away their lousy attitudes, etc.

They're at least a decade away and many men are practicing MGTOW and not interested in them at all. Thanks "feminism" for destroying romance! But seriously I think some men are really Masochists to date them....they just need to take the red pill.  :chuckle:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 07:39:05 PM »

Where to begin?

First it’s a stereotype that Ukrainian women are more beautiful than Russian women.

At some point physical beauty is a drawback, most guys would rather date a 7 with inner beauty and a warm personality than ice princess who is 8, 9 or 10.

There’s an obesity epidemic; 65% of AW are obese. If you’re an average to good looking guy with a healthy body weight would you be happy with that or look elsewhere?

Poor appearance? When you see 200lb short woman in sweatpants in USA it’s not because she’s going to the gym, it’s because she’s too lazy to make any attempt whatsoever to dress nice and take pride in her appearance. Then there are the tattoos; it’s a nightmare.

Entitlement? My friend in CA says all they want to do is eat Bon Bon’s and expect the man to contribute everything, while running up his credit cards.

Piggy? I had two female roommates in college, both disgusting pigs. They did not contribute to cleaning the apt. and their rooms disaster zones.

Mental illness? The song “Baby it’s cold outside” used to be romantic. Now the guy must be trying to rape her, go figure.

No doubt they’d rather date a rapper who would refer to them as a bit*h and “ho”.

Offline Tripleg

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 08:09:23 PM »
"My personal thinking is that only those men who failed in their own surroundings, start to look around. " -Zhenya.

This comment can be partially true but also some of us cannot do much to change our surroundings. For example, a large city where I live in has an overabundance of men and a distinct shortage of women (in the 18-35 age range, i.e., child-bearing years), also has many poor/crime-ridden inner-city neighborhoods and is predominantly African American. So if you eliminate 50% of the female population in my city in addition to having a surplus of jobs that are dominated by men (for example IT, military, government, construction, etc.) then all of a sudden it can be very difficult for guys like myself who are naturally shy (introverted) and not looking for minority women to find a partner unless we lower our standards. Also, the few eligible white women who are around us realize that they are highly sought after and end up inflating their standards. So it is not uncommon for even "tall, dark, successful" guys with good careers to be dating women who are several points lower than them in terms of looks and career ambitions.

Due to my good career I have refused to leave my city but if I continue being single and pocketing only a handful of dates a year then as the saying go's "desperate times call for desperate measures" is one of the reasons why I have been looking overseas for several years now.

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 12:40:35 AM »

Where to begin?

I didnt say that appearance is important. And its not a stereotype,just pure facts and statistics. I do not know American society at all but I think in general we all have common values but they differ  slightly of course due to mentality and national culture. Why then you dont educate your women to be beautiful?

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 12:48:42 AM »
"My personal thinking is that only those men who failed in their own surroundings, start to look around. " -Zhenya.

This comment can be partially true but also some of us cannot do much to change our surroundings. For example, a large city where I live in has an overabundance of men and a distinct shortage of women (in the 18-35 age range, i.e., child-bearing years), also has many poor/crime-ridden inner-city neighborhoods and is predominantly African American. So if you eliminate 50% of the female population in my city in addition to having a surplus of jobs that are dominated by men (for example IT, military, government, construction, etc.) then all of a sudden it can be very difficult for guys like myself who are naturally shy (introverted) and not looking for minority women to find a partner unless we lower our standards. Also, the few eligible white women who are around us realize that they are highly sought after and end up inflating their standards. So it is not uncommon for even "tall, dark, successful" guys with good careers to be dating women who are several points lower than them in terms of looks and career ambitions.

Due to my good career I have refused to leave my city but if I continue being single and pocketing only a handful of dates a year then as the saying go's "desperate times call for desperate measures" is one of the reasons why I have been looking overseas for several years now.

Thank you for your comments-now I am getting to understand why you have to make such a search. But I do not like that you put evrything in points and standards-what about real feelings-if you just look at him\her and understand that he\she is really your person despite how you look and what you do for living.

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 12:55:24 AM »
Zhenya,

I'm going to give you a different example, one which I hope will make perfect sense.

Back in the 1970's it's safe to say that American car manufacturers had gotten lazy and were building cars which were no longer top quality, as well they were gas guzzlers.

Along came Volkswagen selling VW Beetles and Honda selling Civics and Accords. Very soon afterwards a sizeable portion of the American public fell in love with import cars, especially of the Japanese variety and begin to purchase them a lot.

Of course initially the American carmakers sqealed and complained that it wasn't fair and that patriotic Americans only purchased "made in America". Eventually they had to get their act together and make cars which were much better quality and which were also more fuel efficient.

I would say it took at least a decade for the American manufacturers to catch up to the Japanese and Europeans.

That's what is called a "global market", people like to be able to purchase what they want and from where.

It may sound crass but the reality is that dating and marriage is also a global market now. Men want women who are actually willing to contribute to a relationship in meaningful ways and ones who wish to commit and get married.

American Women and Western Women in general are bitching, moaning and kvetching about it; so sad, too bad.

They don't want to eat healthy, get in shape, dress like a lady or sometimes sexy (and I don't mean the sluts bouncing around, I mean the ones mentally healthy enough to commit) in order to attract a man, put away their lousy attitudes, etc.

They're at least a decade away and many men are practicing MGTOW and not interested in them at all. Thanks "feminism" for destroying romance! But seriously I think some men are really Masochists to date them....they just need to take the red pill.  :chuckle:
[/quote

I like your idea of free economics. Yes, its globalization era now and people can make choices which is actually good. But lets not call all AW and other women as you called them-there are always exceptions.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 02:13:29 AM »
I will survey 100 Russian women in the next 7 days and post all their answers here..

It will give you a true idea of what Russian women think about US men and not a few armchair opinions.. ;D
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 02:41:56 AM »
That would be great Steve.  Maladetz! 

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 03:37:05 AM »
That would be great Steve.  Maladetz!

Give me a few days and should be able to have  some good results.. :)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 04:07:53 AM »
Results are already coming in fast!

The question asked is " I have an American friend who says Ukrainian women and Russian women like American men, what is your view on this?"

A simple straight to the point question.. I should be able to publish the results within a few days ...

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2018, 05:51:15 AM »
Results are already coming in fast!

The question asked is " I have an American friend who says Ukrainian women and Russian women like American men, what is your view on this?"

A simple straight to the point question.. I should be able to publish the results within a few days ...

Perhaps you could also ask said women if they ever have met face to face an American man?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2018, 06:22:15 AM »
Asking whether respondents have met an American is hardly germane. Most people will not have met an American, but if they have, they will have met one! The question is about the generality, about prejudice and opinion, about the mass of Americans, not the single representative of the group that does not signify the group.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online AvHdB

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2018, 07:37:08 AM »
Asking whether respondents have met an American is hardly germane. Most people will not have met an American, but if they have, they will have met one! The question is about the generality, about prejudice and opinion, about the mass of Americans, not the single representative of the group that does not signify the group.

If said respondent has never met an American what is the point of the survey?

It will be filled with assumptions that are not based on reality but rather prejudice and ignorance. This is akin to asking some who has never eaten beef what are there thoughts about a hamburger and fillet mignon.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2018, 08:54:27 AM »

It will be filled with assumptions that are not based on reality but rather prejudice and ignorance. This is akin to asking some who has never eaten beef what are there their thoughts about a hamburger and fillet mignon.

A hamburger is the average American Woman and fillet mignon is the average Slavic woman.  tiphat :chuckle:

Online AvHdB

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2018, 09:04:14 AM »

It will be filled with assumptions that are not based on reality but rather prejudice and ignorance. This is akin to asking some who has never eaten beef what are there their thoughts about a hamburger and fillet mignon.

A hamburger is the average American Woman and fillet mignon is the average Slavic woman.  tiphat :chuckle:

Good One!  :ROFL:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2018, 09:15:02 AM »

Where to begin?

I didnt say that appearance is important. And its not a stereotype,just pure facts and statistics. I do not know American society at all but I think in general we all have common values but they differ  slightly of course due to mentality and national culture. Why then you don't educate your women to be beautiful?

:ROFL:          :ROFL:                :ROFL:

It's much more than attempting to teach a large angry sow to behave like an elegant swan my dear! Do you really believe that's possible? It’s not only behavior, it’s genetics.

Now if as you say appearance is "not important" then why did you mention your belief that Ukrainian woman are more beautiful than Russian Woman? Of course it's important and it's more important for most men, just as a man's income is more important for most women.

The average man looks for a young beautiful woman and the average woman looks for financial security, those two are the basics and then everything else comes from those two. When someone attempts to claim otherwise they are not being completely honest, they are trying to avoid acknowledging basic human biology.

You seem to have also entirely missed my mention of "mental illness" or what some might call mentality. It's my opinion that on average more women from Eastern Europe have a healthy mentality about relationships between men and women. Women from the FSU are more open and flexible about meeting a new man and giving him a chance, Western women because of their mental hangups approach every man as being possibly evil and they look for anything negative. Have you heard about checklists?

The current situation in the USA where "feminists" have decide that a classic Christmas song is about date rape and should not be played on radio is just a small example.

The women who falsely accused Judge Kavenaugh is possibly a better example. The media did not dig in and report the truth about the main accuser, namely two of her friends said that she was eager to "get laid" and had sex with over 100 men. Two men who thought they were actually the ones in her example came forward and told the FBI that it was them. Kavenaugh and her did not run in the same social circles. What really happened is that due to politics she came up with a new implanted memory, after 30 some years!

Two other female accusers have admitted that they lied for political reason. They will be subject to charges of perjury (lying) to Congress. But you must understand that there are Millions of women in the USA who believe it's okay to falsely accuse a man of rape or "harassment" for political or economic reasons. Who would want to be anywhere near such a person?

Now I'm giving you worst case scenarios, but those are often what is available. As Tripleg pointed out there is a shortage of women in many cities and it's been that way since this country was founded. Just a small shortage in women can change their attitudes. In Russia and Ukraine you have a slight shortage of men, it's more or less a paradise for men over there, some just don't know it or appreciate it until they live in the USA.

Offline yankee

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2018, 09:26:13 AM »

Poor justadud, he is a vegetarian!
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2018, 10:20:58 AM »

Here are a few women's answers .. women aged 35-55.. will post more tomorrow lots of answers are in Russian so I will not post them.. but generally women have no special view on Americans, they are more interested in the man not his country..In a few days time I will ask the same question to women 20-35 years old to see if there is any difference in their answers..

So. we like modern educated men who are able to respect and appreciate a woman, to respond with their care to her care. This is my personal opinion. And I don't care what country the man comes from. Although for me there are countries, men of which I will not consider. And selfish women who have a Mercantile interest in American men are in any country, not only in Russia or Ukraine. I hope you like my answer.
With respect,

Good afternoon))) I am not interested in American men. This does not mean that they are bad))) I think this is a completely different culture and mentality, it is difficult for mutual understanding))))

Yes,  of cource I will help you! wink.pngProbably I am an exception.I do not think about American men...For me the place of birth does not matter.Everthing depends from the person.I know that many men prefer Russians and aspecially Ukrainian womem.smile.pngThey have big complexes and they are very unpretentious.wink.png

I didn't  have communication with American men and I can not say that I like them

hello)
i thonk not important country...important what.have indside)

Ciao;-). Non lo so. Non sono mai stata in America. Non ho comunicato con uomini americani. E io non conosco. Perche non posso dire la mia opinione. Scusa.

Very unexpected! The first time I hear from you is that Russian and Ukrainian women like American men! Maybe they like it, but no more than all the others. Personally, I think that American men have a completely different mentality, which is not at all like the Slavic one. American men are very suspicious by nature. Of course, women are different too. I also think that they are indifferent. Something like this. Why does it interest you? You're like an Italian ...

Hello , nice to meet you)))) my opinion is that they are the same as all men, based on history... Europeans founded a colony in america...
Columbus America discovered...
what do you think??))
Anna

Hello! hard to say for everyone. but most American men prefer Russian, Ukrainian, Russian-speaking women, or women from the former USSR. We are different. I do not want to offend women from other countries, in any case. but it is so. Probably affects our mentality, culture and education. we have always been told that the influence of the West does not have a very good effect on our women and people in general. I hear it already from my youth. But I am glad that our women prefer more. And I really want to, and I sincerely believe in it, so that our soul, our essence does not change. So that we can save it all. So for what they choose us, for what they value us.

Good evening. I will give you an answer on thi question. It's not true. And there are some reasons on this. The vost important of them is that many men or those who hide behind them are scammers or beggars of money from women. Now the women become much wiser. On TV and in the press there are a lot of materials about it. And not a single story abput happy end or marriage. You can ask this question on the Internet and you will see the whole truth.Women need a real, honest men. So your woman will find you. And your friend has the right to his opinion. Good luck.

hello .i think all men are the same around the world

Привет! Я не могу отвечать за всех русских женщин и украинских! Мое мнение нет разницы какой национальности мужчина! Важно другое какой он человек. Каким он станет другом, мужем! Все зависит исключительно от человека. Истина в том, что нет хороших или плохих людей. Добро и зло не в людях, а в их поступках. Люди остаются просто людьми, а с добром или злом их связывает то, что они делают – или отказываются делать.

It doesn't matter what nationality the man is. The main thing that the person was good.

Здраствуйте  я не могу ответитьза всех Женщин русских которые хотят познакомиться, и выйти замуж за Американца, лишь бы попасть в Америку.Я сама не русская и поэтому для меня не главное чтобы Мужчина был Американцем, главное чтобы он меня оценил и принял такой какая Я есть!!!

Russian women like not only American men, but Italian too :))

Hi, difficult question. Women from Ukraine and Russia are tired of poverty, the weakness of men. Women work with us and they do housekeeping and feed and clothe the family for $ 200 a month. And men often do nothing and women also have to contain men. Tired of such a life I want to believe in the story about Cinderella. That there will be a man who will appreciate her as a woman. And she will answer for him everything. And it does not matter who he is - American or French.
I only learn English, so Google helped the translator. Sorry for mistakes.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2018, 10:22:49 AM »
mmmmm I think I could run a few surveys like this.. will try to get a few hundred answers then think of another topic to ask the ladies ???  :smokin:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2018, 10:26:22 AM »

Thank you for your comments-now I am getting to understand why you have to make such a search. But I do not like that you put evrything in points and standards-what about real feelings-if you just look at him\her and understand that he\she is really your person despite how you look and what you do for living.

Both men and women do this unfortunately, those are "checklists". Because an attractive woman is so highly prized in the USA I believe it's safe to say that more often it is women who have very demanding checklists.

It does detract from the ability to be open and romantic if one only looks for items on a checklist and doesn't get to know the person, no doubt about it.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2018, 10:32:04 AM »
Thank you Steveboy for your assistance and the input of ladies (on your site?) who you are acquainted with. I especially liked this one:

Hi, difficult question. Women from Ukraine and Russia are tired of poverty, the weakness of men. Women work with us and they do housekeeping and feed and clothe the family for $ 200 a month. And men often do nothing and women also have to contain men. Tired of such a life I want to believe in the story about Cinderella. That there will be a man who will appreciate her as a woman. And she will answer for him everything. And it does not matter who he is - American or French.
I only learn English, so Google helped the translator. Sorry for mistakes.

I think she not only wants a better life, I think she wants a man who would really appreciate her and be faithful to her. I also notice that quite a few women like Italian men, and this one seems to like French men.  :)

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2018, 10:42:06 AM »
This guy is a professional relationship Coach and he really knows what he's talking about! He puts it very well, the difference between American men and American women, but also the difference between American women and foreign women. Hope this helps Zhenya and others!

5. Expectations about relationships. I think this is the most important point of all. Women expect their relationships to be transcendent. They expect the man to illuminate and inspire. You remember “Eat, Pray, Love,” right? “You don’t need a man. You need a champion.”

Guys don’t work that way. We want someone who is attractive, who doesn’t criticize us or tell us how much we need to change, who we can spend lots of time with without getting bored, who we can bring around our friends and families with minimal incident.

You don’t have to play fantasy football.
You don’t have to make six figures.
You don’t have to have washboard abs.
You don’t have to have an M.B.A.
You don’t have to be spiritual.

As a result, most men can date lots of women.

Women – at least my clients – can only date .0001% of men

Elizabeth Gilbert, in her follow-up to “Eat, Pray, Love,” called “Committed”, explores these outlandish expectations that Western women have for love – which are nothing like what women in other cultures experience. As a result, Western women are very disappointed in their men, whereas men aren’t nearly as disappointed in women.

In other words, we think you’re fine as you are.

We just hate the fact that you need us to change so much.

As a result of all of these biological and societal observations about men, it shouldn’t be too surprising that there are no Time Magazine cover stories or best-selling books about desperate men.

We can separate sex and love, we define ourselves by our work, we don’t lack dating options, we get 95% of our needs met without female companionship, and we don’t talk about relationships nearly as much.

https://www.evanmarckatz.com/blog/dating-tips-advice/why-don%E2%80%99t-men-hate-being-single-as-much-as-women-do

So let me put it to you more directly, do you really think the average American guy who has traveled to Eastern Europe is going to put up with this bullsh*t, especially when the European women dress better, have sexy accents, have superior genetics, and actually appreciate a man?

Registration