The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russia fires at Ukrainian ships and captures three vessels off Crimea  (Read 11934 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Russia fires at Ukrainian ships and captures three vessels off Crimea
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2018, 10:34:29 PM »
Looks like President Trump has cancelled his meeting with President Putin at the G20. It's said due to the Russian actions with Ukraine,, but I think it's likely due to political pressure at home.

TC,

I fail to see how 'Trampu's' decision making process can be correctly analysed by anyone - given his flip -flopping on Twitter

IF he hadn't gone to Argentina - at all - you and RT might have a point ....  :coffeeread:

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2018, 10:45:50 PM »
Wiz

The BBC article wasn't 'biased'..it just make references to the examples of why the Kremlin is wrong, legally.

As the Kremlin has introduced laws to counter-seize assets of any nation complying with legal bodies orders to seize Russian assetd overseas ..after findings of wrong by the Kremlin..we can see who disregards internationally accepted practice.

This is about 'might being right'...you just need a moment to pause....and be honest with yourself.

Your 'example sucks as Turkey does not occupy part of Greece

A far better example would be what happens if a Rep of Cyprus patrol boat tries to circumnavigate the island of Cyprus within her 12 mile limit...

That you might try to 'lecture' someone who sails between Turkey and Greece and therefore has practical experience of proceedures is hilarious.

We have watched  Greek Naval vessels 'perform' in the straits off Kas in June 2015, with  TR vessel in attendance to 'observe'..

Now, you'll excuse me, but SC is back, today and I will  have more important matters to attend to than your fatally flawed f'actoids'..

A rare post of Moby's which I agree with... :coffeeread:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2018, 11:02:52 PM »
Is this forced skirmish a pretext for Russia to invade Ukraine? Forcing sailors to give "confessions" is in very poor taste.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Re: Wiz ''theory' - evidence ;)
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2018, 11:18:20 PM »
Dear Wiz,

I cannot sleep - such is my excitement - so your mentioning the situation re Greek islands off Turkey - particularly Kastellorizo - had me checking back to our yacht trip of 2015

Here's a photo of Kastellorizo harbour in the evening ....it was full of Aussie Greeks from Melbourne getting away from their winter .. a memorable evening as the Greeks were partying hard as it might have been their last day in the Euro

Note the naval vessel in the background and the proximity of Turkey - 3km distant ...

I want to thank Wiz for bringing the delights of Kastellorizo and the Turkish Emerald coast flooding back

Offline Wiz

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2018, 12:27:23 AM »
Before answering to Moby's crap reply..... I suggest to his cheering crowd ..... to watch the following Video and then....... decide if they want to join his club.!!!

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2018, 03:09:53 AM »
Sometime ago I have posted the following:

1: The clever person ...... Accept his mistake and apologise.
2: The Devious person ....Try to find many excuses
3: The IDIOT person .....  Insists.

I fail to understand your reasons and why
you insist to be part of the No 3 Club?

Neither Ukraine nor the European Union nor the United States recognise Russia's 2014 annexation of Crimea.
Kremlin-backed forces seized control of the Crimean peninsula and the territory voted to join Russia in a referendum that Ukraine and the international community deem illegal.Wiz .. The BBC article wasn't 'biased'..it just make references to the examples of why the Kremlin is wrong, legally.

As the Kremlin has introduced laws to counter-seize assets of any nation complying with legal bodies orders to seize Russian assetd overseas ..after findings of wrong by the Kremlin..we can see who disregards internationally accepted practice.[/size]
From the article:

"Neither Ukraine nor the European Union nor the United States recognise Russia's 2014 annexation of Crimea.

Kremlin-backed forces seized control of the Crimean peninsula and the territory voted to join Russia in a referendum that Ukraine and the international community deem illegal."

Russia doesn't have to stand up to attention when the USA, its vassals and its puppets open their mouth. The referendum was legal and followed the UN preconditions and procedures about minorities self determination etc. The rest it's history and we all know the facts and who has interfered with the internal affairs of a sovereign nation, Ukraine so with these comments it is.... "biased"

As about the current fascist president of the Ukraine, he is a murderous criminal and he should be tried in the Hague for the genocide of more than 10,000 of his own people.

This is about 'might being right'...you just need a moment to pause....and be honest with yourself.

A far better example would be what happens if a Rep of Cyprus patrol boat tries to circumnavigate the island of Cyprus within her 12 mile limit...

That you might try to 'lecture' someone who sails between Turkey and Greece and therefore has practical experience of proceedures is hilarious.

We have watched  Greek Naval vessels 'perform' in the straits off Kas in June 2015, with  TR vessel in attendance to 'observe'..

Now, you'll excuse me, but SC is back, today and I will  have more important matters to attend to than your fatally flawed f'actoids'..

Well Noby, dishonesty is your prerogative and with your idiotic comments I can assure you that you have passed all the tests for joining the No 3 Club with flying colours! BTW a little bird told me that the small loan has not been repaid......and looks that it will never be paid!

My example was a very accurate example on how the "United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea", works, which of course you didn't bothered reading, as I did.

Turkey also allows the passage through the Vosporos straits, of any nationality boat.....including Russian, USA and English Naval boats. 

As about your experience....in these matters, it amounts to only taking photos of your "model  cover front" woman for your assignments. There are 1000's of little boats, like the one you used to go to Kastelorizo for Photos........ :P

Poor Noby.... I expect you will stay in Limassol till the Exxon drilling finish. Pitty your drill is out of action and does not help your brain anymore.

This time you fcuked big time....... but I understand that you did not expected such an example &  display of the Law of the Sea in action!l

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: Wiz ''theory' - evidence ;)
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2018, 03:25:28 AM »
Dear Wiz,

I cannot sleep - such is my excitement - so your mentioning the situation re Greek islands off Turkey - particularly Kastellorizo - had me checking back to our yacht trip of 2015

Here's a photo of Kastellorizo harbour in the evening ....it was full of Aussie Greeks from Melbourne getting away from their winter .. a memorable evening as the Greeks were partying hard as it might have been their last day in the Euro

Note the naval vessel in the background and the proximity of Turkey - 3km distant ...

I want to thank Wiz for bringing the delights of Kastellorizo and the Turkish Emerald coast flooding back

All the hallmarks of Histrionic Personality Disorder (HPD) right there. Sad to watch!

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2018, 05:02:59 AM »
Hey Moby,

Can you please ask SC if that white bikini she's wearing is a "wicked weasel" brand? or what brand it is. If you bought it I guess you would know.

Kastelorenzo was the birth home of many Aussies, and is well known here on the West Coast of Oz. I have had the pleasure of spending time there as well, and had a wonderful week. The locals are incredibly hospitable. I had hardly stepped off the boat from Kas when I heard a local talking to her friends in Greek nod at me and call me a "skip". "How did you know I was Australian?" I queried (Skip = Skippy, as in Roo), and she said, "everyone on this island has relatives in Perth or Melbourne, and we just know you" :-)

Back on point, Ozzie media are reporting that Trump has cancelled his meeting with Putin at the G20 in Argentina, and will instead put our lame duck PM in the time slot instead.

Looks like Putin has miscalculated, the world will punish Russia with even more sanctions now unless he gives those sailors and boats back and stops blocking the bridge with freighters. Sure Putin doesn't care personally, but sooner or later the serfs will get restless. My own family have lost half their wealth over the past 4 years, and the MIL was even prepared to hit the streets this year....much to my shock!

cheers,

Offline Wiz

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2018, 09:54:32 AM »
I have had the pleasure of spending time there as well, and had a wonderful week. The locals are incredibly hospitable. I had hardly stepped off the boat from Kas when I heard a local talking to her friends in Greek nod at me and call me a "skip". "How did you know I was Australian?" I queried (Skip = Skippy, as in Roo), and she said, "everyone on this island has relatives in Perth or Melbourne, and we just know you" :-)

"Hospitality in Greece it is a Duty willingly performed!"  :biggrin:

Back on point, Ozzie media are reporting that Trump has cancelled his meeting with Putin at the G20 in Argentina, and will instead put our lame duck PM in the time slot instead.

Looks like Putin has miscalculated, the world will punish Russia with even more sanctions now unless he gives those sailors and boats back and stops blocking the bridge with freighters. Sure Putin doesn't care personally, but sooner or later the serfs will get restless. My own family have lost half their wealth over the past 4 years, and the MIL was even prepared to hit the streets this year....much to my shock!

Trump is unpredictable.....he said the same Canx and NOT meeting Kim, the N. Korea Leader and then he did. it appears that it's his game. Putin doesn't looked worried in his latest interview. Let's not forget in Finland they met alone! .......Time will tell....

Putin knows what he is doing....the past 4 years doubled the  Pensions....... so no demos there. My MIL is very happy..... ;D

Porky is holding prisoners 24 Russians........ and I guess maybe some exchange will take place soon. Looks that he is not got a chance to be re-elected with 8% approval!

tiphat

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2018, 10:36:11 AM »
Hey Moby,

Can you please ask SC if that white bikini she's wearing is a "wicked weasel" brand? or what brand it is. If you bought it I guess you would know.

Kastelorenzo was the birth home of many Aussies, and is well known here on the West Coast of Oz. I have had the pleasure of spending time there as well, and had a wonderful week. The locals are incredibly hospitable. I had hardly stepped off the boat from Kas when I heard a local talking to her friends in Greek nod at me and call me a "skip". "How did you know I was Australian?" I queried (Skip = Skippy, as in Roo), and she said, "everyone on this island has relatives in Perth or Melbourne, and we just know you" :-)

cheers,

Don't tell Manny or Andrew, they'll be along shortly to tell you you're wrong.  :-X

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2018, 01:13:13 PM »
Hey Moby,

Hi

It is her own brand - we bought over 500 and *I* think the white is best ...  She wears 'em and sells them on the beach

I can tell the difference from Cypriot and ( say) a Greek from Athens - but those Aussie Greeks stood out a mile ... 

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2018, 03:36:26 AM »
Sometime ago I have posted the following:

1: The clever person ...... Accept his mistake and apologise.
2: The Devious person ....Try to find many excuses
3: The IDIOT person .....  Insists.

We await the dawning of realisation as to the hilarious irony of you repeatedly posting the issues YOU need to address ....

Neither Ukraine nor the European Union nor the United States recognise Russia's 2014 annexation of Crimea.
Kremlin-backed forces seized control of the Crimean peninsula and the territory voted to join Russia in a referendum that Ukraine and the international community deem illegal.Wiz .. The BBC article wasn't 'biased'..it just make references to the examples of why the Kremlin is wrong, legally.

As the Kremlin has introduced laws to counter-seize assets of any nation complying with legal bodies orders to seize Russian assets overseas ..after findings of wrong by the Kremlin..we can see who disregards internationally accepted practice

Now we have Wiz, hoping for a medal from the Kremlin ! ;)

'Vassals' ? You seem to be missing the general mockery

The referendum was legal and followed the UN preconditions and procedures about minorities self determination etc. The rest it's history and we all know the facts and who has interfered with the internal affairs of a sovereign nation, Ukraine so with these comments it is.... "biased"

Repeating bollox will not make the nation leasing military bases and forcibly taking over the host nations institutions 'legal', Wiz

Russia didn't respect Chechn'ya not wanting to join the RF and criminalises media talk of ceding from the federation - so the reasonable poster can judge who's 'filters need re-tuning t's a bit like Argentina invading the Falklands and proposing a 'referendum' including those who invaded ..

As about the current fascist president of the Ukraine, he is a murderous criminal and he should be tried in the Hague for the genocide of more than 10,000 of his own people.

Once more should we compare Presidents who bomb their own 'citizens' ....?  Chechn'ya being an example - when you don't think before posting - you become easy to dismiss as thinking rationally

Those killed in the war in the east of Ukraine were not solely killed at the hands of the 'anti-terror campaign'

IF Poros' is a 'fascist' - why has he not banned elections ?   

That you might try to 'lecture' someone who sails between Turkey and Greece and therefore has practical experience of procedures is hilarious.

Now, you'll excuse me, but SC is back, today and I will  have more important matters to attend to than your fatally flawed f'actoids'..[

Well Noby, dishonesty is your prerogative and with your idiotic comments I can assure you that you have passed all the tests for joining the No 3 Club with flying colours! BTW a little bird told me that the small loan has not been repaid......and looks that it will never be paid!

Wiz
Thank you for you 'well-reasoned' and point by point rebuttal of my points' ;)

Particularly liked how you ducked the Cyprus circumnavigation example ...

Suggest - once more -  that YOU have issues with 'honesty' given 'your little bird' has to be a figment of your imagination.

I have no idea of who / what you are talking about ...     You being the guy who regularly posts the thoughts of others  -  claiming they or tours - or when busted - that you 'had permission' - your now suggesting a mythical debt - instead of dealing with awkward questions - that prove you've posted bollox - is quite amusing - if not a little desperate on your part

Please ask your 'little bird' when the 'loan' was given, how much and what for ?   :chuckle:

Sveta has now finished tidying - you know how these FSU ladies like everything pick and span - so I'm afraid we'll have to end or little chat,,,

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
Russia and Ukraine
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2018, 10:18:51 AM »
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Wiz

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2018, 12:46:49 PM »
Moby

On the rare occasion that you make sensible and factual comments, you must have noticed that, mostly, I agree with you. Unfortunately these occasions are extremely rare,  as you can't resist to be belligerent and continue insisting to these stupid views, so  pretty obvious that the club you prefer to remain, is the No3 .... of the "Idiots. "

Having made the effort to outline the Rules of the UN convention for the Law of the sea....I will not waste my time anymore.. You may dispute my comments but you have not provided any evidence to justify your comments.

Porky has not organised his provocation well so his "friends", USA and EU are very weary of his actions. and will not get involved, apart from talking in the UN.

Proof that Ukrainian crews were given the order to try to “covertly” cross the Kerch strait

Full translation into English:

CHECK LIST

of the readiness of small armoured artillery boat “Nikopol” before exit at sea from 09:00 23.11.2018 to 18:00 25.11.2018
1. The purpose of exiting: relocation at the Berdyansk port.
2. Superior during exit: 2nd rank captain Gritsenko D.V.
3. Task set before exiting at sea: create tactical boat grouping No. 5 (hereon in TBG No. 5) before 01.11 consisting of: small armoured artillery boat “Berdyansk”, small armoured artillery boat “Nikopol”, Commander of TBG No. 5 – 2nd rank captain Gritsenko D.V. with the placement of the command point of TBG on the small armoured artillery boat “Berdyansk”.
Prepare tactical grouping No. 5 for relocation from the Odessa port to the Berdyansk port through the Kerch–Enikale canal (KEC).
Carry out exit from the Odessa port according to the special order. Carry out covert passage outside the coastal and marine areas of observation of the Black Sea Fleet and Coast Guard of the FSB of the Russian Federation.
Carry out passage through the KEC via tug. The tug is offshore tug “Yana Kapa”.
While fulfilling tasks the main efforts must be focused on covert passage to and through the KEC.
When arriving at the Berdyansk port, be ready to fulfil stabilisation tasks in the Azov Zone:
4. The decision of the commander of the small armoured artillery boat “Nikopol” for the implementation of the set tasks: Before 01.11 enter into the structure of TBG No. 5. At 08:30 23.11.18 start preparation of the boat for combat and a campaign. At 09:00 23.11.18 depart from the Odessa port and carry out a passage to the KEC. After arriving at the KEC, meet the tug “Yana Kapa” and pass through the KEC.
At the time defined by the special order, enter the Berdyansk port.
While exiting at sea, strictly observe security while using weapons and military equipment, as well as navigation security. While fulfilling tasks, the main efforts should be concentrated on covert passage to and through the KEC.
5. The main measures for exit
(Table column headings)
No. /  Name of main measures / Fulfilment of basic security measures for planned tasks / Who allows exit and when it takes place / Notes
(Table row data)
1 / Control ships military training: “Verification of readiness of boat before exiting at sea.” / – – – – – – – – / 01.11.18 temporarily performing duties of commander of military unit A2951 3rd rank captain RUD P.G. / – – – – – – – – –

Finally you can continue with your illusions...... Crimea is Russian and the Ukrainians, USA and Germany they can continue talking about   Putin's success...... until the cows come home.!

Why you don't publish that photo with you and ..........your "friend" Vladimir?  :ROFL:

tiphat                                                   

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2018, 05:00:24 PM »
Do not address me anymore neither reply to any of my comments!  :fighting0025:

Wiz, Please stop trying to dictate the tenor and who may reply to your claptrap. Expect a reply if you post your hate and BS posts.

Off course if you wish to fight not a problem. Try to prove your lies, other wise dream on. Av
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Wiz

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2018, 07:30:42 PM »
** Content insulting another member removed by mods ***

Offline Texan77

Re: Russia and Ukraine
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2018, 09:09:18 PM »
The Latest: Merkel: Russia can’t block Ukraine’s ports
http://www.tribtown.com/2018/12/01/eu-russia-ukraine-the-latest-7/

Why would Russia care what Merkel says or thinks. Germany is going to buy Russian gas no matter what.  The German military is so cash strapped there are losing pilots for lack of flight time and other weapons do not work because they need parts. Merkel has reduced Germany to a lot of hot air.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2018, 11:23:09 PM »
Moby

On the rare occasion that you make sensible and factual comments, you must have noticed that, mostly, I agree with you.

How to put this politely?   I am not seeking your 'praise', nor 'support' ...

Having made the effort to outline the Rules of the UN convention for the Law of the sea....I will not waste my time anymore.. You may dispute my comments but you have not provided any evidence to justify your comments.

Sighs - you were offered plenty of examples of why Ukraine has every right to covertly or overtly send a tug and two patrol boats to her ports on the Azov and HOW many other ships await free passage, now?

Porky has not organised his provocation well so his "friends", USA and EU are very weary of his actions. and will not get involved, apart from talking in the UN.

You really do see things from a warped perspective... the govts you mention have all expressed support for Ukraine

[Proof that Ukrainian crews were given the order to try to “covertly” cross the Kerch strait

:chuckle:

I'm anxious to know how a tug and two patrol boats can be 'covert' when trying to access the Azov with only one route available and covered by multiple monitoring methods .....

Given that RU media has recently shown ( Nov 22 2018, 1st Channel )  footage of a UK army recruiting office as being an image of being inside a sensitive military base you'll understand if I treat your document with a healthy does of hmmm...

Finally you can continue with your illusions...

You mean like you estimations of our sex life - in a thread about a military incident ?  :chuckle:

... Crimea is Russian and the Ukrainians, USA and Germany they can continue talking about   Putin's success...... until the cows come home.!

...100:11, 13:1 at two UN assemblies suggest otherwise

Why you don't publish that photo with you and ..........your "friend" Vladimir?  :ROFL:

tiphat                                                 

Why don't you check your sources, first ?

Online AvHdB

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2018, 02:19:23 PM »
Wiz, If you are offended that is your issue, I suggest you seek therapy.

Some general observations; parking a slightly over 1/2 full tanker under a bridge can be seen from different perspectives; the ultimate folly or an act of brilliance. Bear in mind if the said tanker explodes (and they do) V. Putin would be picking up pieces of his beloved bridge from Sevastapol to Socchi. Off course no one would dare fire on it knowing the likely consequences.

One surprising fact I thought the Kerch passage was one way and some 50 or so ships used the passage per week. It is two way and some 50 plus ships per day use the channel. It is narrow and your navigation better be spot on or you are going to be digging in mud or bouncing off another vessel.

Some of the articles posted and linked on this thread are pro-Russian such as Global Research, others written from a Western perspective.

The entire incident seems to be a case I told you we were coming (Ukraine) and no you didn't (Russia). It is clear the Ukraine vessels were South of the pickup point for pilots when they are intercepted and captured.

Looking at the few images available it does not seem the Ukraine vessels, primarily the tug, is operating in an erratic or dangerous manner. Bear in mind a tug is not a floating Porsche. There are no AIS versions of the events or video, though that does not surprise me.

What the article of Global Research (GR) conveniently does not mention the ports along the Sea of Azov are commercially vital to both Russian and Ukraine. Both countries have equal rights to access. With the maximum clearance lowered because of the bridge it is causing economic hardship for the Ukraine ports. How convenient eh? Again GR brings up the fantasy of NATO taking over the military (Naval ports) aspects of the Krim. There is a simple question that leads to the answer; what does this do to strengthen NATO?

While the Ukraine military forces are clearly on a heightened state of alert it does not help that Russia is massing tanks and soldiers near the border. The readiness of NATO has not changed over the weeks.

Further the article claims that Russia uses the canal to the Volga and Caspian sea for ocean going vessels. If you mean ocean going in as a row boats, sure. But the vessels going through the canal system and even up to Moscow are everything but ocean going. These are vessels that can if they pick there window do short passages just offshore. Primarily these vessels that carry bulk items much like on the Rijn, Rhone and Donau. They have limited beam and little draft.

Than we have the item you posted in post # 64, it is not authentic in my opinion.

1.) No Commander/Officer would bring aboard such a document.
2.) If authentic it would be signed and counter stamped by the senior officer ashore.

How the "United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea" works and applies to the Sea of Azov is a separate matter and I will address that latter. It seems Moby can't figure it out. Simply stated you have applied the wrong section, an honest mistake in my opinion.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2018, 03:14:08 PM »

There was no intent on the part of the crews of the military vessels arrested by the FSB to comply with navigation regulations agreed between Ukraine and Russia. The crews were under specific orders to do otherwise.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2018, 03:16:13 PM »

Sighs - you were offered plenty of examples of why Ukraine has every right to covertly or overtly send a tug and two patrol boats to her ports on the Azov and HOW many other ships await free passage, now?

And yet, Kiev (as in the government of Ukraine) said they would ram the bridge and detonate it with explosives.

After that, Russia started demanding 'protokol' for passage of the bridge.

Convenient to leave those facts out no?
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online AvHdB

« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2018, 04:22:26 PM »

And yet, Kiev (as in the government of Ukraine) said they would ram the bridge and detonate it with explosives.

After that, Russia started demanding 'protokol' for passage of the bridge.

Convenient to leave those facts out no?

As I recall Moby brought an incident to our attention of one of the bridge pylons being hit by a foreign flagged vessel. There were howls that Ukraine was trying to bring the bridge down. It was almost a joke.

The vessel bound for an Ukraine port had no pilot onboard.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2018, 04:27:46 PM »

As I recall Moby brought an incident to our attention of one of the bridge pylons being hit by a foreign flagged vessel. There were howls that Ukraine was trying to bring the bridge down. It was almost a joke.

Considering that the official news channel of the Ukrainian gov't said they would demolish the bridge by ramming/explosives, it was definately no joke that time. This incident might be related, or might have happened before the press release.

But the press release triggered Russia to demand more control over whom gets close to the bridge.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online AvHdB

« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2018, 04:38:27 PM »

Considering that the official news channel of the Ukrainian gov't said they would demolish the bridge by ramming/explosives, it was definately no joke that time. This incident might be related, or might have happened before the press release.

But the press release triggered Russia to demand more control over whom gets close to the bridge.

Correct and rightly so. Considering the nature of the passage it is complicated. Therefore the demand for pilots on board. Most likely the channel is controlled by so called channel/passage control much like what happens with an aircraft.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2018, 05:07:30 PM »
[Proof that Ukrainian crews were given the order to try to “covertly” cross the Kerch strait

:chuckle:

I'm anxious to know how a tug and two patrol boats can be 'covert' when trying to access the Azov with only one route available and covered by multiple monitoring methods .....

Not surprised......A lot of Blah Blah and nothing of concrete evidence for support.

You have ignored the Greek example I posted following the Law of the sea!....WHY?

If the Law of the Sea is not good enough, then the signed agreement of 2013, which has been used till lately was not followed, taking into consideration knowledge of the pre-existing threads to blow up the Bridge, then.......

Why did you expect the Russians to react differentlY?

Finally you can continue with your illusions...

You mean like you estimations of our sex life - in a thread about a military incident ?  :chuckle:

That you are the only clever and knowledgeable  person on RUA and all of us are ignorant Idiots..... and I don't care IF you have a sex life or not! That is your problem... not mine!

... Crimea is Russian and the Ukrainians, USA and Germany they can continue talking about   Putin's success...... until the cows come home.!

...100:11, 13:1 at two UN assemblies suggest otherwise

I was watching a video with Puting and I felt sorry for his crying and feeling.....very unhappy and Sergey Lavrov was there to console him. :P

Why you don't publish that photo with you and ...your "friend" Vladimir?  :ROFL:

Why don't you check your sources, first ?

No need as it's already framed..... when I was invited, over a year ago, and the door was wide open  ;D

Are you shy or you were warned by the trip provider?

:coffeeread:

Registration