The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russia fires at Ukrainian ships and captures three vessels off Crimea  (Read 11936 times)

Online Guile

Re: Russia fires at Ukrainian ships and captures three vessels off Crimea
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2018, 06:52:22 AM »
how exactly is Moby talking to his "Russian" friends seeing as he has very low listening and speaking skills in Russian.  Surely their English is not at his "natural" level.. :ROFL: :ROFL:

Highly doubt you speak Russian good enough to translate verbatim to them what is written on these forums.

I bet you can't translate "daft" and "howler", your 2 favourite words hahaha...

Again caught in a lie.  His Russian "friends" most likely speak zero English and with your bad Russian maybe you guys use google translate.

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2018, 07:06:57 AM »
Poor Wiz,

He overlooks the fact that the Kremlin even managed to pee off Greece and had diplomats expelled over it's meddling in the "Republic of Northern Macedonia"

What does Tass say ?

""I can hardly imagine that any sober-minded person both in Greece and in Russia nay think that Russia is plotting any schemes or conspiring against Greece

http://tass.com/politics/1034978

Is there ANY neighbour the Kremlin isn't hell bent on winding up ?

Poor Noby

You always make a fool of your self........ as you miss important comments and info:

Same Tass Site.... read: http://tass.com/economy/1034958

Putin:  "We are ready to implement, together with Greece, major infrastructure energy projects. This also applies to the possibility of connecting Southern Europe to the Turkish Stream through Greece,"

Have you deliberately missed this comment by VVPutin?

"Speaking about the reasons for the expulsion of Russian diplomats, the Russian president recalled that Moscow had disagreed with the grounds for that decision. "

"I can hardly imagine that any sober-minded person both in Greece and in Russia nay think that Russia is plotting any schemes or conspiring against Greece. It is nonsense, bosh, that’s all,"
he stressed.

Never the less you have not a clue why Tsipras went to Moscow.......Putin knows well the game....and I am not going to open your eyes........and tell you.

:P  tiphat

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Re: Wiz obfuscates on Greece
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2018, 07:18:14 AM »

You always make a fool of your self........ as you miss important comments and info ..

YOU didn't deal with the thrust of my comment ...  :coffeeread:

We have already discussed the pipeline project and I took you apart on your daft contentions re that, too !

Carry on ...

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
[s]Russia fires at Ukrainian ships[/s] Another Black Hole Moby thread
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2018, 09:22:29 AM »
IN AN ATTEMPT TO RETURN TO ON TOPIC & AWAY FROM PLANET BLACK HOLE MOBY

Black Holes don't explain Dark Matter
A new study shows the universe's mysterious missing matter
http://www.astronomy.com/news/2018/10/can-black-holes-explain-dark-matter

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2018, 10:00:47 AM »
Manny, you are wrong and moby will prove it by telling us about several imaginary friends who are sitting with him, laughing at you.

One friend is an admiral in the Ukrainian navy, another is a Russian lawyer who thinks that Putin is a monster, and the last one is called Igor and he designs cars for a living. He's just laughing at you because he thinks all Britons apart from his best mate moby are idiots.

Yes, I forgot about Moby's collection of Ivans in baseball caps who sit around a table guffawing at my posts 24/7.  :coffeeread:

They actually said to him: Why do you care what they think about you? Their facial expressions said to me that they don't care to be involved in his political squabbles and inside they probably think he's mental.  :coffeeread:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2018, 03:58:13 PM »
I wonder what photos moby is imagining on his post above.

Given the amount of posting you are doing, one has to wonder how empty your life is. So empty that you must powerpost your interminable fantasies. Why not go and live the life you want us to believe you have?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2018, 11:30:43 PM »
Why not go and live the life you want us to believe you have?

And who is going to pay the expenses for his many trips and escapades?

There is no FREE meal in Life, as you know.........

but he found a nice sponsor who helps him to mix
business and pleasure, but I have my doubts for the latter!

My guess, It's only a front cover and nothing more!

tiphat
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2018, 12:45:27 AM »
I wonder what photos moby is imagining on his post above.

I'm wondering what Beel imagines ! ..

Given the amount of posting you are doing, one has to wonder how empty your life is.

The littlest clue for you ... EVERY time you suggest I'm 'fibbing' - I simply prove you are a liar ...

ALL you need to so is try to post about stuff you may actually know about .. :biggrin:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
This was :Russia fires at Ukrainian ships and captures three vessels off Crimea
« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2018, 12:56:11 AM »
And who is going to pay the expenses for his many trips and escapades?

People posting just as you do - if you had paid attention - you are the gifts that keep giving ;)

There is no FREE meal in Life, as you know.........

but he found a nice sponsor who helps him to mix
business and pleasure, but I have my doubts for the latter! 

Hehe, Poor old Wiz .. perhaps comparing his life to that of others ? ..

My guess, It's only a front cover and nothing more!

Your guesses are as accurate as that of andrewfi ..

Now, the subject WAS the blockading of UA ports

Offline Wiz

« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2018, 08:34:24 AM »
MY ATTEMPT TO RETURN BACK ON TOPIC
& AWAY FROM AvHdB and MOBY...

International Maritime Law & Right of Passage.

lt would be fun if USA sends every warship, in the 6th fleet, that they have into the Black Sea. What a fantastic gift for the Russian fishermen!

Unfortunately for USA, it’s impossible due to the 1936 Montreux Convention:

"No more than nine foreign warships, with a total aggregate tonnage of 15,000 tons, may pass at any one time, therefore a single non-Black Sea state warship passing the straits might not exceed 15,000 tons. An aggregate tonnage of all non-Black Sea warships in the Black Sea must be no more than 30,000 tons (or 45,000 tons under special conditions), and they are permitted to stay in the Black Sea for no longer than twenty-one days".

Now like a good boys, you two, go and read all about the Montreux Convention Regarding the Regime of the Straits before you open your mouth again!

BTW AvHdB.... keep your promises!

"I will fill in the Internal Waters and attempt to explain how this apples to the Sea of Azov when I have some time to kill."

tiphat

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2018, 11:25:36 AM »
]MY ATTEMPT TO RETURN BACK ON TOPIC
& AWAY FROM AvHdB and MOBY..
:chuckle: No irony spotted there, then....

Yup .. you want to learn about it ?

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2018/11/30/even-if-you-believe-russias-story-its-actions-in-the-kerch-strait-were-illegal-experts-say/

"Russia’s seizure of Ukraine’s naval vessels is illegal, no matter whose version of events is true, according to three international law experts who responded to questions from Defense News."

Now, we're actually back on topic

Offline Wiz

« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2018, 01:00:23 AM »

Yup .. you want to learn about it ?

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2018/11/30/even-if-you-believe-russias-story-its-actions-in-the-kerch-strait-were-illegal-experts-say/

"Russia’s seizure of Ukraine’s naval vessels is illegal, no matter whose version of events is true, according to three international law experts who responded to questions from Defense News."

Now, we're actually back on topic

FOR YOUR INFORMATION: I made the previous post after reading this article on the CNN US makes preparations to sail warship into Black Sea Obviously you ignored reading the Link about the "Montreux Convention", as I suggested....and you gone back to your original claims......posting a link to a very one sided article, in my view.

I have a copy of the UNCLOS treaty in my PC.

Quote from your article:  "The United States has not formally ratified the treaty but has acceded to its provisions, which means that it abides by the treaty without subjecting itself to any international oversight. As a consequence, however, some security experts argue that the United States has diminished authority to weigh in on these issues."

May I remind you that the USA never had any peace agreement with IRAN, especially after the Embassy episode.......and if the USA has not Ratified the treaty, its boats violated for whatever reason its National waters....why should they be treated according to the article 32 of the UNCLOS treaty, when clearly for the Iranian was/is a "Casus belli" ?

WHY THE USA HAS NOT RATIFIED MOST OF INTERNATIONAL TREATIES and has not recognised the ECHR?

Here is a comment by a reader at the DEFENCE Blog ref the article:

"Either these international lawyers are no experts or their Q/A's have been selectively chosen.

This is a misleading and incorrect statement of the law. Article 32 of the LOSC (referred to as UNCLOS herein) refers to the sovereign immunity of warships and chalks out 2 exceptions. Only one exception, Article 30 - which allows a coastal state to ask warships to leave the territorial sea immediately in case of a violation of its laws, has been referred to here.

The other exception in found in Part II, Section 3, Subsection A (Article 19, 21, 22 and 25). Article 25 allows the coastal state to take the necessary steps in its territorial sea to prevent passage which is not innocent.

There are many valid points on which the legality of Russian actions may be questioned, but this is not one of them. (One example would be whether they were even Russian territorial waters given that the international community does not recognize the referendum and the annexation of Crimea or the blatant violation, by the Ukranians, of the Dec 2003 and the 2012 Russian-Ukrainian bilateral agreements governing the Sea of Azov & the Kerch Strait)."

Moby, As I told on another message you are in Need of a good Rogering to come to your senses...

Christmas coming, ask for presents and fringe benefits if they can offer them!
 :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: .... 

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2018, 01:46:24 AM »
Obviously you ignored reading the Link about the Montreux Convention", as I suggested....and you gone back to your original claims......posting a link to a very one sided article, in my view.

))

1/ Is this thread is about the Bosphorus / Dardanelles or the right of unfettered access to the Azov Sea  ?

2/ 'one sided' - in that all the experts disagree with you ?

We say ON my PC ..

and I suggest you read learn and inwardly digest it - as it seems it is just taking up space

Moby, As I told on another message you are in Need of a good Rogering to come to your senses...

)))  So, you DO only post to entertain us ?

Wiz: Guys 'roger' ladies...  Are you implying I need to be penetrated by a bloke ? ;)

As I write, SC has emerged from her slumbers and is now sunbathing ... FAR more interesting ..

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
Russia fires at Ukrainian ships and captures three vessels off Crimea
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2018, 01:54:22 PM »
Ukraine Asserts Major Russian Military Buildup on Eastern Border
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/15/world/europe/ukraine-russia-military-buildup.html

Satellite imagery shows hundreds of Russian tanks near the border with Ukraine
https://defence-blog.com/army/satellite-imagery-shows-hundreds-of-russian-tanks-near-the-border-with-ukraine.html
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2018, 02:35:47 PM »
Ukraine Asserts Major Russian Military Buildup on Eastern Border
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/15/world/europe/ukraine-russia-military-buildup.html

Satellite imagery shows hundreds of Russian tanks near the border with Ukraine
https://defence-blog.com/army/satellite-imagery-shows-hundreds-of-russian-tanks-near-the-border-with-ukraine.html

Talk about kicking an open door. I would guess Russia is concerned about the civil war in/near donetsk.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #115 on: December 15, 2018, 02:50:22 PM »

Talk about kicking an open door. I would guess Russia is concerned about the civil war in/near donetsk.

'Civil War' suggests it's an internal conflict....

Hardly - given the GRU teams from Russia involved in kicking it off and the Russia military involved in opening up a second frot - FROM inside Russia in August '14 - when Ukraine has Donetsk just about surround and Lugansk was nearly so ...

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2018, 03:42:55 PM »
Chances are that all those tanks are the same ones as were there in 2014. But if course nobody wants to tell you that. They also will not tell you about the way that Russia deploys materiel - echelons.

What this means, in basic terms is that materiel is stored in bases that are close to possible use. So, of course in border regions. However, the bases where the stuff is stored are very lightly manned, basically security and maintenance.

Most countries of the FSU have maintained similar methods. Poland, for example, used to have much of its equipment stored in the Western part of the country. Over the past few years it has been moved toward the east and southeast.

I know that Russia has been working on changes to the disposition of what it calls military regions and modifying the echelon system but I can't recall the details right now. However, it is hard to imagine that they'd be likely to remove the equipment from the Western regions at thus time.

I bet that the images we are seeing actually came from the recent Open Skies over flight of Ukrainian border regions. I recall similar images turning up in 2014 in a similar manner, with similar claims and after similar flights.

So, what this means is that this is programing material designed specifically to influence the emotions of the target audience. An audience expected to have a short memory and little knowledge of either history or current events.

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2018, 07:41:55 AM »
yes....we all remember what happened in 2014

"Holidaying", or "lost" Russian troops getting caught fighting on Ukraine soil, and Russian mothers getting a rash of soldier sons killed in mysterious "training" exercises!

"little green men" wandering around Crimea that Putin claimed didn't belong to him, until he decided they did  :biggrin:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2018, 09:32:12 AM »
Redroo, there were a very few, as I recall, 4 or 5 trainees who were picked up in Ukraine as a result of bad navigation.

There certainly were former Russian servicemen fighting on both sides at the time.

As you probably forgot, the Ukrainian military, as opposed to politicians with a propaganda purpose, made it clear that they were not fighting the Russian army. To the best of my recollection there were either no, or almost so, cases of currently serving Russian military being identified either dead or alive fighting in Donbas. As you would understand, if the Russian army were present, then that'd be almost impossible. If that were the case, the Russian soldiers would have been supermen, invincible and invisible.

All that aside, what has that got to do with the long standing practice of militaries in the region of using echeloning?

Do you know something that the rest of us do not, that Russia had closed down and emptiedthe military bases that had been present and equipped for many, many years? That they have, in the past few weeks reopened these closed bases?

Offline Wiz

« Reply #119 on: December 17, 2018, 03:44:47 AM »
Obviously you ignored reading the Link about the Montreux Convention", as I suggested....and you gone back to your original claims......posting a link to a very one sided article, in my view.

))

1/ Is this thread is about the Bosphorus / Dardanelles or the right of unfettered access to the Azov Sea  ?

2/ 'one sided' - in that all the experts disagree with you ?

We say ON my PC ..

and I suggest you read learn and inwardly digest it - as it seems it is just taking up space

)))  So, you DO only post to entertain us ?

Wiz: Guys 'roger' ladies...  Are you implying I need to be penetrated by a bloke ? ;)

As I write, SC has emerged from her slumbers and is now sunbathing ... FAR more interesting ..

You try to be funny but you have not an iota sense of humor and without using glasses you can't read or see anything!

Why don't you ask the other members to tell you, if they think that you are a serious poster or a clown?

:P

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2018, 05:14:10 AM »
Good afternoon, Wiz

'Clowns' are anyone supporting Kremlin piracy at the entrance to the Azov Sea

Offline Manny

« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2018, 08:00:08 AM »
Good afternoon, Wiz

"Kremlin piracy"  :ROFL:

Your handlers will drop you an extra few Hryvnia for that one maybe.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2018, 09:29:00 AM »
Good afternoon, Wiz

Have you not still realised that you are the court jester of RUA ?  :pointlaugh: .

I don't have to support Kremlin for any reason neither I owe the Russians  anything.

I told you many times that I like to express my views objectively, unlike you.

:pointlaugh:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2018, 10:39:13 AM »

I told you many times that I like to express my views objectively, unlike you.

1/ 'YOUR' views - or those of the author you nick 'em from ?

2/ 'OBJECTIVELY'?....  Well, you're failing on THAT front, too - given your failed attempted to deflect from who the pirates in the Black / Azov Sea ..and it's not MY 'opinion'...  I just happen to know my rights on the sea - better than you - and have the papers to  prove it ;)

Well, at least there was no reference to our sex life, today

Offline Manny

« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2018, 06:20:58 AM »
pirates in the Black / Azov Sea ..and it's not MY 'opinion'... 

Ooh, there it is again. Kerching.

Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.