The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Upcoming Holiday  (Read 3095 times)

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
Upcoming Holiday
« on: November 10, 2018, 11:41:12 PM »
Does anyone know of any upcoming Russian holiday, specifically in Moscow from the 16 to 26 November?  I'm being told by a single mother that her child doesn't have school during this time and that's why they will go to Izmir, but I don't know of any major holiday during this period. 

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Upcoming Holiday
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 03:15:22 AM »
Does anyone know of any upcoming Russian holiday, specifically in Moscow from the 16 to 26 November?  I'm being told by a single mother that her child doesn't have school during this time and that's why they will go to Izmir, but I don't know of any major holiday during this period.

You'd have to find out which school to be accurate

Autumn break for many RU schools is the week before

https://www.feiertagskalender.ch/ferien.php?geo=3538&hl=en

Sounds like you have trust issues, here (
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Upcoming Holiday
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 07:22:50 AM »
Autumn school holidays in Russia finished about a week or so ago.. one weeks holiday and I think its the same all over Russia for School half term breaks and things.. ;D
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!