The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Poll

Have you ever been rejected by a woman? In person or by message Romantically

In person I have never been accepted. I have circles all over my body where I have been pushed away by a ten foot pole
0 (0%)
In person I have been rejected so many times I couldn't get a woman's attention in a $20 dollar whorehouse with a $100 bill taped to my forehead
0 (0%)
In person I am a priest take my views of celebacy seriously
1 (4.8%)
In person I have been rejected many times, too many to count
2 (9.5%)
In person I have been rejected many times
1 (4.8%)
In person I have been rejected occasionally
11 (52.4%)
In person I have been never been rejected by a woman
0 (0%)
Women are mysterious and very scary, I have never approached one in person or sent a message to one but hope to marry a Russian woman
0 (0%)
I've sent out messages or emails and got an insulting letter in reply (insulting hard rejection)
2 (9.5%)
I've sent out messages or emails and have been told that they weren't interested (hard rejection)
1 (4.8%)
I've sent out messages or emails that haven't been returned (soft rejection)
3 (14.3%)
I've sent out messages or emails and have only had positive response
0 (0%)
I am a woman and this poll doesn't apply to me
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Have you ever been rejected by a woman? Romantically  (Read 5003 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Have you ever been rejected by a woman? Romantically
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2018, 04:38:16 PM »
Rosco, you're dealing with a bloke who thinks that his smoothest line is something like: You're prettier than a beer truck pulling up outside my double wide!

Ignorance is bliss on these fora for some.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2018, 09:16:49 AM »
LotD, how old are you?
Unless you are about 14, having asked out only 4 women on dates seems weirdly low. Rejection is part of the process, but very often, unless asking out random women on the street, when a single woman, who you already know to some degree, says no, but she is not saying 'bog off you loser, never cross my path again' but rather it is a 'not at the moment, maybe another time'. Often guys treat the latter like the former.

How many friends do you have who are women? Do you have more male friend than female?

I'm currently 24 and I'll turn 25 in about a month. I would say that I have a fairly diverse group of friends, both male and female, but many of my friends are considerably older than I am myself (church congregation members, pilots, club friends, etc.).

I think you're probably right in pointing out that many men take a simple 'no thanks' way harder than they should. Gauging from the caliber of the men these girls who rejected me are with now, I probably would've had more luck had I been broke, dumb and vulgar. Then again, who am I to judge what a girl wants in her man? That's her choice, not mine.

Everyone starts somewhere. Where you end up is usually not the highlight of your efforts.

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Have you ever been rejected by a woman? Romantically
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2018, 12:40:54 PM »
Oh, for the record, online dating isn't dating. You don't 'date' until you meet. That's the point where real choices are made.

There's no rejection with online dating - unless one is too thin skinned to manage real life.

Of course online dating isn't dating. It's just a tool that you can leverage
to increase your effectiveness. A guy could ask 50 girls to meet him for
coffee online while he would be hard pressed to ask more than 5 face to
face.

A guy asks 50 girls for coffee and what percentage even answer his query?
How many write him back and say no? or yes? The ones who say no or
ignore his question are on the reject side of the equation and those who
say yes are on the positive side of the ledger.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Have you ever been rejected by a woman? Romantically
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2018, 01:16:42 PM »
Women usually go for the "bad" guys, it's their psychology. Or at least it is with quite a few of them.

Western women like fixer uppers. They think with a little work around the
edges they can get the guy they want. What they don't realize is that they
are kidding themselves. She might be able to get a guy to wear more stylish
clothes or to pick up his socks but if he bangs her kid sister or a stripper
once or twice a month isn't fixable and the girl who thinks he is, is broken
herself.

Russian women once they get past a certain age realize that they have an
unlimited number of bad boys available, they aren't as rare and they
aren't generally as interested in trying to fix someone with major
character flaws.

What's important is to understand it's a numbers game.

+1000

As in any endeavor , practice makes perfect.

Exactly you get a little better every time

And as others stated: You may get rejected based on simply not being on her 'zing' radar..... there's absolutely nothing you can do to change those women so forget quickly and move on.

Yeah, the girl might be ovulating with two glasses of wine in her and
her brain chemistry is telling her to hump the next guy who walks by
until he cries for his mother.

You can't engineer that to happen, you luck into that or you don't.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline SL0413

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2018, 01:45:37 PM »
Women usually go for the "bad" guys, it's their psychology. Or at least it is with quite a few of them.

I think it's not that they are into "bad" guys because they are bad, but because they are different, challenging, and, most of all, not boring.  They want something different from what they normally see and meet, and a bad guy is exciting.  It's a loose-loose situation - if they stay bad then the girl gets frustrated/heartbroken/disillusioned eventually and moves on.  If the guy gets broken-in then they are not exciting anymore, and the girl moves on.

Nice guys are boring.  The key is to not be boring.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2018, 06:22:42 PM »
So funny story about a girl who broke up with me earlier in the year.  She sent me an email to the effect that we just weren't going to work out for a number of perfectly acceptable reasons (distance, logistics, the fact that her dad kept telling her mom (who rather liked me) that I was *clearly* going to sell her into white slavery in Turkey the first chance I got...ok, that last one was not particularly "acceptable", and it was more about him not digging me because I'm a foreigner, and I was boning his daughter).   :evilgrin0002:

She's young, and sometimes there's drama.  So I replied to the effect of "Clearly, you sent this to me by mistake," mostly to be amusing; I knew that, this time, it was over.

Within 5 minutes, I get a text from her BFF (edited to convey the subtext), "That was a ballsy reply!  She is SOOOOOO pissed off at you right now, mostly because I am sitting right next to her laughing my ass off!"  :chuckle:

Sometimes, even when you lose, you win.  :8)

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2018, 09:10:44 PM »
LotD, how old are you?
Unless you are about 14, having asked out only 4 women on dates seems weirdly low. Rejection is part of the process, but very often, unless asking out random women on the street, when a single woman, who you already know to some degree, says no, but she is not saying 'bog off you loser, never cross my path again' but rather it is a 'not at the moment, maybe another time'. Often guys treat the latter like the former.

How many friends do you have who are women? Do you have more male friend than female?

I'm currently 24 and I'll turn 25 in about a month. I would say that I have a fairly diverse group of friends, both male and female, but many of my friends are considerably older than I am myself (church congregation members, pilots, club friends, etc.).

I think you're probably right in pointing out that many men take a simple 'no thanks' way harder than they should. Gauging from the caliber of the men these girls who rejected me are with now, I probably would've had more luck had I been broke, dumb and vulgar. Then again, who am I to judge what a girl wants in her man? That's her choice, not mine.

Go for the bad guys, reject the good guys, but complain about all men as being bad. Nothing changes.  :laugh:

What's important is to understand it's a numbers game. Try to never put any emotional attachment onto any woman prior to asking them out or going out with them.  Only after can you do that. Pay attention to what Rosco says above about not getting upset if a woman says no.  Be calm, carry on.  They like guys who are confident and who don't get rattled.

As they say, confidence is key.

"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

• Supporting Hero Member
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2018, 09:14:51 PM »
If most of your friends, at your age, are not people with whom you can have a romantic relationship then you probably want to enlarge your circle.

I was probably pretty normal, at your age I had scads of friends who were young women of my age cohort and an equal number of male friends, all a part of the same circle. Far from all the women I had relationships came from that group, but, on the whole they came from that group  or people who that group knew. That's kinda normal.

I was lucky to work in a large shop selling stuff that quite a lot of women like to buy. Female customers were a welcome addition to the people I already knew and selling stuff to people means that there's already a relationship based upon trust. Perhaps you have something similar that you can build on?

Unless you have a thing for older women, there's something that you can do to make your life better!

But, people saying 'no' to us is normal. Getting used to it is a good thing in all parts of our lives; otherwise you'll end up in an unhappy relationship with the first person who does not say 'no' to you.

At your age your cohort will likely include your peers at university, work colleagues, some school friends. If you have lost touch a bit then it might be time to learn how Facebook works!

A valid point Andrew; I need to work on expanding my network. I've made quite a few new FSU friends on facebook via my hobby of ballooning. I also opened up a VK account, although it is harder for an English speaker to make it too far with friends on VK.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

• Supporting Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2018, 09:16:26 PM »
When things went South I always looked at what I did right and what I did
wrong and tried to improve my process in everything from prospecting to
selection. I only needed to find one girl but she was going to be THE ONE.

Very true... you can fail a thousand times, you only need to succeed once.

• Supporting Hero Member
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2018, 09:23:47 PM »
Everyone starts somewhere. Where you end up is usually not the highlight of your efforts.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2018, 11:43:47 PM »
Real friends, ones that you know, not imaginary social media friends.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!