The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Mamba.ru - still a good site to find a wife in 2018?  (Read 4683 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Mamba.ru - still a good site to find a wife in 2018?
« on: October 30, 2018, 12:16:46 AM »
There was a time when a western guy - even knowing a little Russian could join this dating site and 'surprise' a local lass - who might not even have considered a western guy.

There are those who still believe the same...  despite others pointing out that it is not what it was and more likely used by locals seeking quick sexual gratification, and ladies of the night advertising - though easily identifiable

SC had a profile on this site ( among others )  and had not logged in for a considerable time. This was  over five years ago.

Are there any guys who have used this site more recently - that might give us a more recent perspective?

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Olga_Mouse

• Trips: Resident
Mamba.ru - still a good site to find a wife in 2018? Mmm... No!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 06:54:54 AM »
IMO, Mamba has become more Tinder-like nowadays.

People looking for a quick bang max 10-15 km from where they are, and all sorts of perverts.
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Mamba.ru - still a good site to find a wife in 2018?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 07:16:30 AM »
moby, are you looking to slot in the next spare for when the current target of your affections tires of your, well, tiresomeness?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 07:18:36 AM »
moby, are you looking to slot in the next spare for when the current target of your affections tires of your, well, tiresomeness?

:ROFL:   tiphat

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 07:21:28 AM »

Andrew,

IMO, Mobster noticed the same as me:

There are those who still believe the same...  despite others pointing out that it is not what it was, and more likely used by locals seeking quick sexual gratification, and ladies of the night advertising - though easily identifiable

I can't find in his post any recommendations to use Mamba?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 11:11:33 AM »
You saw none because there was none. He was asking us to tell him how useful mamba is these days.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 11:40:52 AM »

:ROFL:   tiphat

Problem managing the quotes bucko?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
Re: Mamba.ru - still a good site to find a wife in 2018? Mmm... No!
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 08:45:50 PM »
IMO, Mamba has become more Tinder-like nowadays.

People looking for a quick bang max 10-15 km from where they are, and all sorts of perverts.

Mamba ALWAYS gave people profile choices in what relationship they are looking for. Mamba and affiliates are the largest Russian dating site in Russia and is one of the largest in the world based on membership and active members. Most women there are not advertising to sell sex or wanting a one night stand. I've heard from other FSU women like yourself there are a lot of males that are perverts looking for one night stands. A decent guy should get the lion's share of women there since he should have no problem beating his competition.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 01:52:09 AM »
Billy is right about this. You can find what you want. That's actually a strength of Mamba and its branded international versions. On the whole, if you don't want certain forms of interaction one can simply filter the attention that one receives and, of course, one tends to find that which one is looking for.

The 'pervert' thing is, obviously subjective, one person will find what another member says or posts offensive, another will think 'that's my Friday night sorted out!' But, on the whole, one can filter so that one's profile is invisible to certain types of searches. The answer to 'does it work to find relationships' type questions is pretty obvious: of course it does. The millions of users ensure that it does.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2019, 01:56:19 AM »
BillyB...despite beung shown up continuously 'recommending a site (mamba) that sucks in 2019 -  and is not as popular as  he claims - STILL will not wake up to understand that a site from over a decade ago is not one to recommend, now..

If I recommended LL or someone else EM, or even AD (the last based based on traffic)  we'd being doing those still looking a' disservice.

It is time BillyB stopped misleading folks.

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2019, 02:29:56 AM »
Mamba ALWAYS gave people profile choices in what relationship they are looking for.

True, but the problem is that men who look for a quick bang quite often tick all the boxes, including "relationship \ dating" and "marriage".

So even if a genuine woman is programming her search to show only those men, who have marked "marriage" as their aim, still a huge part of the search results would be not what a woman would really like to see...

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2019, 03:24:34 AM »
That's true and is always a problem for women on dating sites. it is a recognized issue, however, with Mamba one can go further. VIP membership enables one to be contacted only by those who are also willing to pay, that cuts out a lot of potential contacts, then you can hide your image except to those who you choose. And, of course, one simply ignores and blocks those contacts that one does not want to deal with.

Also, every life-long happy marriage started with just a single date.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2019, 10:05:26 PM »
Mamba ALWAYS gave people profile choices in what relationship they are looking for.

True, but the problem is that men who look for a quick bang quite often tick all the boxes, including "relationship \ dating" and "marriage".

So even if a genuine woman is programming her search to show only those men, who have marked "marriage" as their aim, still a huge part of the search results would be not what a woman would really like to see...

You may be looking for a serious relationship and men may talk nasty in their first message or send you a dick pic. It's better they show themselves for who they are now than later after a woman invests time in them.

There is lots of time wasted looking for love but if you find a winner, it's worth it. It's best to sign up at multiple sites to give yourself more options and ignore the playboys.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2019, 04:47:09 AM »
You may be looking for a serious relationship and men may talk nasty in their first message or send you a dick pic.
It's better they show themselves for who they are now than later after a woman invests time in them.

That's true... It's really disappointing to find out - after long conversations - that a man who "fits" by many other parameters has some sexual preferences that I do not enjoy. So better sooner than later...

Online 2tallbill

Mamba.ru - still a good site to find a wife in 2018? Mmm... No!
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2019, 11:24:33 AM »

That's true... It's really disappointing to find out - after long conversations - that a man
who "fits" by many other parameters has some sexual preferences that I do not enjoy.
So better sooner than later...

[Warning Bill using analogies]

Yes, it's part of the process, sifting through the dirt to find a nugget of gold.
The more dirt you sift through the more gold you will find.

[Analogy over]

It's frustrating thinking oh boy, I might have a keeper here only to find out
there are defects in character or elsewhere. I remember waking up in Voronezh
having just broken up with a 6' tall green eyed beauty after searching for 9 years
and giving myself a pep talk about getting back at it. A few days later I found
Angel Eyes the love of my life.

Udachi!

Bill

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Manny

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2019, 01:44:06 PM »
Yes, it's part of the process, sifting through the dirt to find a nugget of gold.
The more dirt you sift through the more gold you will find.

Ahh, the good old Dirty Barrel.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2019, 01:55:47 PM »

That's true... It's really disappointing to find out - after long conversations - that a man who "fits" by many other parameters has some sexual preferences that I do not enjoy. So better sooner than later...

Seek perfection, remain alone.

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2019, 04:29:56 PM »
Seek perfection, remain alone.

Mirror, mirror on the wall  :chuckle:

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5

Offline BillyB

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2019, 07:20:06 PM »

I know a few people that are very picky and they desire to find a person to marry. They will probably die alone not accomplishing a major goal of theirs. But if you settle for less, you will get less. Hard to be happy in a marriage if your spouse gives you drama every other day and being single may be the better option.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2019, 09:27:41 PM »
You saw none because there was none. He was asking us to tell him how useful mamba is these days.

Andrewfi

Your inattentiveness is something of a constant these days

BillyB has not objected to my assertion.