The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: How many Russian friends do you have?  (Read 1332 times)

Online Guile

How many Russian friends do you have?
« on: October 22, 2018, 10:50:50 PM »
hey for those who have a Russian partner, do you have Russian friends in your social circle?  Or do you mainly hang out with English speaking or your native language friends?

I worked in Moscow and a few other places so I have friends in all those cities.  Most are woman, some I never considered dating but just good friends.  Some are actually looking for international men but are probably too young for most of the guys here, who I reckon are 40 and up.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: How many Russian friends do you have?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 02:56:23 AM »
We have very few Russian friends in our UK social circle. One or two women who we don't see that often as they are spread out a bit.

In Estonia we know a few folks, some of whom I knew from before I met my wife, but we are not so close now as we don't go to Estonia like we did.

Quote from: Guile
I have friends in all those cities.  Most are women, some I never considered dating but just good friends.  Some are actually looking for international men but are probably too young for most of the guys here, who I reckon are 40 and up.

Similar to me in China I think (where I do some business). I've gotten to know quite a few women who help me out in various capacities. Some of whom are quite easy on the eye, openly and vociferously husband-hunting and open to age gaps it seems. But I too have no desire to play Cupid. I think you'd have to plug yourself into the culture in China much more than you need to do in Russia. The learning curve would be much larger I suspect.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Guile

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 07:16:51 AM »
hey Manny, I remember you mentioned about doing business in China.  I am actually Chinese but born overseas.  My folks are from Guangdong and HK.

So I do speak Cantonese and Mandarin.  Plugging into the culture would be easy, I have lived in China but this was years ago.  However I don't like Asian women! they just don't do it for me physically and are too docile.

And I'm too westernized for their tastes.  There is a strange gap between the Chinese diaspora annd those in China. Heck there is a huge cultural gap between HK, Taiwan, and mainland.

I'll always love the food but never the women haha. How often do you go for business?

Offline MBS01

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 01:47:39 PM »
We have a couple of friends we see from time to time socially.  Now both the other ladies are widowed from their first husbands.  One came west as a couple with a young child over 30 years ago.  She has met new partners and moved on in life.  The second found a western husband, but remains a widow.

Other than that we have friends from various cultures due to work, professional activities and neighbours etc.  Basically race and background is not a major factor in making friends for her or us here.

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 05:21:14 PM »
However I don't like Asian women! they just don't do it for me physically and are too docile.

I guess the Asian body structure does not have many women who are "well endowed", although I have seen some exceptions.   :evilgrin0002:   Too docile?  You must be meeting the wrong types.  I have come across Asian women who are demanding and aloof.   :chuckle:   :knit:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Online Guile

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 11:07:21 PM »
However I don't like Asian women! they just don't do it for me physically and are too docile.

I guess the Asian body structure does not have many women who are "well endowed", although I have seen some exceptions.   :evilgrin0002:   Too docile?  You must be meeting the wrong types.  I have come across Asian women who are demanding and aloof.   :chuckle:   :knit:

yeah Asian women in general have thin toothpick figures, none of the curves or hips of white girls.  although some Russians have slim figures.

The ones you met are probably over 40! haha.  Aloof, cold, docile could be synomyms..In Asian culture individual expression is not encouraged.
So it could be supressed until they go beserk one day! at least with Russian women they won't hold back and you'll know immediately.  :laugh:

Offline Manny

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 01:26:49 AM »
hey Manny, I remember you mentioned about doing business in China.  I am actually Chinese but born overseas.  My folks are from Guangdong and HK.

So I do speak Cantonese and Mandarin.  Plugging into the culture would be easy, I have lived in China but this was years ago.  However I don't like Asian women! they just don't do it for me physically and are too docile.

And I'm too westernized for their tastes.  There is a strange gap between the Chinese diaspora annd those in China. Heck there is a huge cultural gap between HK, Taiwan, and mainland.

I'll always love the food but never the women haha. How often do you go for business?

I'm in Dongguan now actually, I'm heading back via HK at the weekend. Small world. I get here once or twice a year.

As you'll know, a lot if the women get their eyes done which improves their appearance. There is an old and long topic on the subject of Chinese women >here< which you seem very qualified to comment on.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 01:44:49 AM »

yeah Asian women in general have thin toothpick figures, none of the curves or hips of white girls.  although some Russians have slim figures.

MANY Russians have slim figures  ....  and high check bones from their time under the rule of the Golden Horde - it is this very exotic mix of all the invaders that makes them appealing to many of us .... :whistle:

As for the subject title - depends on your definition of 'friends'    ..some of us collect them and have so many they don't know who they are if they get a msg from one ...

Most of my Russian friends are people I'm in regular contact with and I'd be sad to lose their acquaintance

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 02:48:50 AM »
I only have a couple of Foreign friends in Russia a couple of guys from the UK and one from the US , we meet up some times. Have a fair few Russian friends a couple I have known for many years and some of the wives friends friends or husbands.. We have a friend who is a special investigator for the FSB here in St Petersburg , who always has interesting policing stories..he spent 2 weeks in hospital recently with fractured skull after a fight whilst making arrests.. ;D the list goes on..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online Guile

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 03:02:37 AM »

I'm in Dongguan now actually, I'm heading back via HK at the weekend. Small world. I get here once or twice a year.

As you'll know, a lot if the women get their eyes done which improves their appearance. There is an old and long topic on the subject of Chinese women >here< which you seem very qualified to comment on.

Cool...I haven't been back in over 2 decades. things have probably changed ALOT.  Shenzen is supposed to be the Silicon Valley of China now.

I remember that thread.  The Chinese that I come into contact here are a little different than in China.  They date outside their race easily.  There are so many interracial relationships and marriages.  A very high level white politican was dating a well known Chinese singer here, he was 20 years older than her.

There is a popular Chinese dating show that matches foreigners with Chinese girls.  It's all the rage apparently.

Online Guile

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 03:05:53 AM »

As for the subject title - depends on your definition of 'friends'    ..some of us collect them and have so many they don't know who they are if they get a msg from one ...

Seems like you've backstabbed a few "friends" on here.  I recall one member saying that you betrayed him and broke his trust. Par for the course for you.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 03:18:31 AM »

Seems like you've backstabbed a few "friends" on here.  I recall one member saying that you betrayed him and broke his trust. Par for the course for you.

You should tell us who that is and if that person still feels the same way...   How did I 'backstab'' them ?  :chuckle:

This thread is about Russian 'friends '

Are you going to make this another 'let's make stuff up about Moby' - with no basis in fact thread ?

Perhaps, something I've posted here 'upset' you ?   Could it be my definition of friends is different to yours ?

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 07:06:35 AM »

Guile, It is tiring reading all these posts directed against Moby. Yes, you do not care for him. & no he is not a friend of mine but I suspect a beer with him would be doable at a pub. For what is is worth in the years that I have been present there is only one member who I would avoid meeting.

Lets not forget why you were banned elsewhere; if I am not mistaken it was for threat of bodily harm to Moby. Worth noting I suspect something along those lines on RUA will also result in you being banned here. Just chill! If you want to poke a hole in the balloon of Moby hot air go ahead. We all do it.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Guile

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2018, 08:54:58 AM »

You should tell us who that is and if that person still feels the same way...   How did I 'backstab'' them ?  :chuckle:

Perhaps, something I've posted here 'upset' you ?   Could it be my definition of friends is different to yours ?

I recall Jerash saying something about helping you out and then not being able to trust you no more.  I don't know what it was you did but he didn't seem too happy.

you upset me?! haha....I created this thread if you didn't notice.  My defintion of friends is what most normal people think, people I know in real life.  Yours seems to include fantasies and fairy tales.

Online Guile

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2018, 09:08:24 AM »
AvHdB,  I'll try to lay off the old Mobers but he's the one replying to all my posts here first.  Why don't you tell him to stop too.

Offline Manny

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2018, 11:40:09 AM »
AvHdB,  I'll try to lay off the old Mobers but he's the one replying to all my posts here first.  Why don't you tell him to stop too.

Moby might be on the naughty step, but it tends to be you who strikes first. His recent initial replies to/quotes of you seem mostly on-topic and not antagonistic. I'd lay of the bloke - just put him on ignore. There's good conversation to be had that has nothing to do with your imported and aged e-feud with him. Shay shay nye as they say in these parts.

Anyway, as noted above, the topic is: How many Russian friends do you have?

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2018, 02:28:32 PM »

I recall Jerash saying something about helping you out and then not being able to trust you no more.  I don't know what it was you did but he didn't seem too happy.

What 'upset' Jerash had nothing to do with this board ..  No matter what old news he shared  in a petulant moment .... 

Why don't you prove useful  and explain why so many Chinese ladies I deal with in biz call themselves Ivy ?

Offline htrj

• Spouses Country: United Kingdom
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2018, 05:26:49 PM »
What is it about this forum? When i joined, i thought the arguments, be they constructive or just for giggles, were part of the entertainment. As if they were a celebration of the "go hard or go home" mentality that most members seem to share.

Speaking as an outsider. unaware of the history and with no desire to take sides, reading yet another thread seasoned with a "Guile vs Moby" bicker is neither entertaining nor constructive. So, to what purpose, is it ?

Russian friends that i could call in crisis that i either havent or wouldnt try to sleep with.... Just one, and im glad to know him.

Online Guile

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2018, 07:10:33 PM »

What 'upset' Jerash had nothing to do with this board ..  No matter what old news he shared  in a petulant moment .... 

Why don't you prove useful  and explain why so many Chinese ladies I deal with in biz call themselves Ivy ?

well, he seemed upset enough to post publicly.

Why do you need me to explain IVY?  You love to talk so you explain it.

Online Guile

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2018, 07:14:35 PM »
Shay shay nye as they say in these parts.

yeah better to put him on ignore and let him stew.  Had to read your Pinyin twice! 謝謝你, "xie xie ni" (thank you)  不客氣 "bu ke qi".  (you're welcome).

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2018, 01:37:48 AM »
Shay shay nye as they say in these parts.

yeah better to put him on ignore and let him stew.  Had to read your Pinyin twice! 謝謝你, "xie xie ni" (thank you)  不客氣 "bu ke qi".  (you're welcome).
Is that the same as Bukake or am I on a different track. ????

Online Guile

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2018, 04:43:07 AM »

Is that the same as Bukake or am I on a different track. ????

haha that's different enough that you won't be mistaken! however there is one very common phrase in Chinese that people, especially black people may misinterpret.

哪个- which means "that one, that thing" is used alot as a filler, like "ummm" in English.  It is pronounced "nei ga" but can sound like "n*gga"... 

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2018, 06:06:55 AM »
Do u speak English?

Not a valid vimeo URL[/font][/size]
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Registration