The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Orthodox Church(s)  (Read 998 times)

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Orthodox Church(s)
« on: October 16, 2018, 04:43:06 AM »
For centuries the Orthodox Churches of Ukraine answered to the Moscow and in turn the Orthodox church of Moscow acknowledged Constantinople, present day Istanbul as the head of all the Orthodox churches.

Ukraine accused Russia of meddling in church affairs in Ukraine and after a period of time Constantinople split the two churches apart.

This Moscow could not accept and 'divorced' itself from Constantinople.

In the end it is a sad time a schism like this is allowed by church 'fathers'.

Here is the Wikipedia link that gives greater background: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_Church

Here is an BBC link discussing this matter: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45870939
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
Re: Orthodox Church(s)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 07:38:52 AM »
AvHdB

thank you for raising such a sad issue - sad for the Church goers

An even more interesting link or two - to read what the Russian state media and Kiev Post think ...

Moscow
http://www.rt.com/news/441323-russian-orthodox-church-ukraine/

Kiev
http://www.Kievpost.com/ukraine-politics/let-the-schism-begin-moscow-isolates-itself-in-orthodox-world.html

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Wiz

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 09:11:59 AM »
AvHdB - Anonymous "Zionist Troll"

It is pretty clear that your above post is made and  directed towards me to provoke  and see my reaction regarding this matter. May I remind you that I have already stated that I am not a religious fanatic but respect the Orthodox customs of the Greek people.

A quick read of the links you posted and of the Greek papers it is clear that this is another avenue of attack against Russia via the Church by the Zionist Run Ukraine Government and also by the US Jewish Dominated new Mafia President!

Read this article: Victory over evil

'Victory over evil'.. Speaking at a press conference last Thursday, Ukraine's President Poroshenko dubbed the decision a "historic event" and a "victory of good over evil".

The orthodox Church is not a Monolithic church like the Vatican Catholic Church and the Pope it's only world Leader above everybody else:

From Wikki:

"The religious authority for Eastern Orthodoxy is not a Patriarch or the Pope as in Catholicism, nor the Bible as in Protestantism, but the scriptures as interpreted by the seven ecumenical councils of the Church.

The Eastern Orthodox Church is a fellowship of "autocephalous" (Greek for self-headed) Churches, with the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople being the only autocephalous head who holds the title primus inter pares, meaning "first among equals" in Latin. The Ecumenical Patriarch I Bartholomew, of Constantinople, has the honor of primacy, but his title is only first among equals and has no real authority over Churches other than the Constantinopolitan.

So .... The break came after the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople recognised the independence of the Ukrainian Church from Moscow. The row is being described as the greatest Orthodox split since the schism with the Vatican Catholicism in 1054.

Reading the Greek papers, I understand that the action of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople it is not approved from any other Patriarch or orthodox Church, and last Friday when he visit Athens, he was refused a meeting by the Arch Bishop of Greece "Ieronymos"... and they say that all other church leaders refuse his illegal Action, as a political movement. A representative of his tried to visit the Monasteries in Athos peninsular and was refused entrance, on the independen church place.

Saint Panteleimon, Russian Monastery in Athos, was visited by V Putin and the Patriarch Kyrilos of Moscow.in 2016

I have no reason to approve this political involvement in the church affairs by the Turkish born, of the Ecumenical Patriarch I Bartholomew, of Constantinople who has authority over a couple of thousand of Orthodoxs unlike the Greek church with millions of followers.

Can you actually explain to me how the Zionist Jews happen to be behind of such Devious actions, which can cost the life of many religious fanatical people?

Sorry, I forgot that their speciality is terrorism and Genocide of innocent people.

tiphat
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 09:16:14 AM »
Wiz, PLEASE take a chill pill.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 02:18:27 PM »
Wiz, PLEASE take a chill pill.

He should take a Valium or Zanax for Christ’s sake.

Who cares that these two Churches dislike each other.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 11:23:15 AM »
Not for 30 silver coins but for 25 million ...Dollars!

Not for 30 silver but for the 25 million that he took from the bloody Poiroshenko, Bartholomew grants self-healing and recognizes the schismatic Patriarchate of Kiev, creating the greatest schism in the newest ecclesiastical history after 1054.

On September 14, under the leadership of the Patriarch of All Cyril and Methodius, convened the Holy Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church and issued a final warning to the Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew on the recognition of the schismatic church of Ukraine.

If Bartholomew decides to recognize the so-called Autocephalous Orthodox Church of Ukraine, which is not recognized by any other Orthodox Church headed by the unsubstantiated Patriarch Kihev Filaretos, the Russian Orthodox Church will cease recognizing Bartholomew. As a first step, the Russian Synod decided to stop mentioning Bartholomew.

Petro Poroshenko, the oligarch president, head of the offshore company and sponsor of the bloody coup in Ukraine, has decided to corrupt the Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew to build his church. Just in July, the Ukrainian press reported that Poroshenko had taken $ 25 million from the Ukrainian company to "oil" Bartholomew and accelerate the process of granting Autocheline.

"He had gathered about $ 25 million to reward the Patriarch of Constantinople Bartholomew for the publication of the Academy of the Academy of the Orthodox Church of Ukraine, but ... at a meeting on April 9 Poroshenko gave only $ 10 million .." writes the press.

That is, of the 25 million pooled, Poroshenko kept $ 15 million for his own work. That's why there was a delay in the recognition of the Ukrainian schismatic church after Bartholomew knew that another 15 million dollars were missing. Bartholomew sent a delegation for a holiday in kiev. And it seems that they were paid ... Poroshenko is sponsoring a new coup, but this time it is a religious type ...

Poroshenko, the elected of the Phanar, took the power illegally after the overthrow of the legally elected Yanukovich and then waged war against of the Donbass raccoons with 10,000 victims ...

Source: https://dimpenews.com
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 11:15:39 PM »
Well

a wiser poster can swiftly ignore the above

riddled with untruths and unsubstantiated bollox

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Pporosenko elected and Yanu' ran away to Russia with one of the Salisbuty 'tourists' ?

Offline Wiz

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 03:06:20 AM »
Well

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Pporosenko elected and Yanu' ran away to Russia with one of the Salisbuty 'tourists' ?

A wiser poster will swiftly ignore your comments and stupid assertions.....because of your well accepted status of not only a belligerent Troll but also of the well known fact to twist the facts and present a different narrative to suit your handlers point of view!

Meanwhile as you are still over here... continue playing with your tu tu and keep yourself occupied.!

;D

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 04:48:01 AM »
Well

Your words suggest Yanu went to russia because he wished it, rather than he feared for his life and had to goto russia just to stay alive.

And poroshenko was elected only after 3 months, which was 2 months later than regular elections and in the 3 months in between a junta was installed.

Carry on.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 06:13:37 AM »

Your words suggest Yanu went to russia because he wished it, rather than he feared for his life and had to goto russia just to stay alive.

He was whisked away to Crimea and onto Russia because he knew he faced impeachment and corruption charges and wanted to flee justice ...  That it took GRU operatives to help him showed us the sock-puppet he had become

His own political party disowned him...

And poroshenko was elected only after 3 months, which was 2 months later than regular elections and in the 3 months in between a junta was installed.

Carry on.

'Junta' run by 'Nazis' '..... a typical Kremlin  'mantra' with no basis in fact and an insult to Ukrainians who had fought against Nazism

I will 'carry on' while you spout your biased bollox

Fact is it takes time to organise legally recognised elections

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 02:52:10 PM »

He was whisked away to Crimea and onto Russia because he knew he faced impeachment and corruption charges and wanted to flee justice ...  That it took GRU operatives to help him showed us the sock-puppet he had become
And again ignoring the 'feared for his life' fact. This makes all other reasons to flee insignificant. As he could not be impeached according to Ukr. law, he had little to fear from any prosecution.
It was a big shock to me, that the law was broken so obviously and flagrantly. It showed how cocky the other party had become, they were willing to break the law and do it in plain sight.

The victors of course could give it a 'spin' but every ones lawyer who was not in their pocket still said it was completely unlawful what had happened. Therefore 'junta' as Moscow call it, and I agree with that.

His own political party disowned him...
They'd have to be broken in their head not to, otherwise they too would have been killed.

Carry on.

'Junta' run by 'Nazis' '..... a typical Kremlin  'mantra' with no basis in fact and an insult to Ukrainians who had fought against Nazism
How many pictures of the nazi's marching the streets in Odessa, Kiev, Kharkov, Lvov, man the list goes on. No i'm sorry, i'm afraid this was all too true.

I will 'carry on' while you spout your biased bollox

Fact is it takes time to organise legally recognised elections

I am very biased indeed. For the truth always and ever. Anything else does not matter.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Registration