The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Dutch journalists visited crimea  (Read 1271 times)

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
Dutch journalists visited crimea
« on: September 28, 2018, 05:33:08 PM »
And of course, they met moby and andrei there :D :D :D

https://www.ad.nl/video/de-krim-politiestaat-of-tropisch-oord~p51410

If you semi-understand Russian, you can immediately notice the difference between the educated, intelligent people being positive (pronounciation and word choise is quick and clear) and the negatives (slurs, alcohol-induced slang etc.)

Well, can't be too positive in western press, people might think europe was wrong!
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline SL0413

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1-5
Re: Dutch journalists visitted crimea
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 05:55:20 PM »
Hi,

Sorry, I don't understand Dutch and didn't see an option for subtitles.

Not sure what was the point of the video?  The journalists are travel bloggers that like vacationing in Crimea and interviewed a few people? 

4 years after the annexation, I would think the "intelligent" people who are pro-Ukraine would have left, and the pro-Russians would have stayed to be interviewed.  I guess the drunk people did not have the financial means to relocate?  Or just grumpy drunk complainers - we have them at the  local bar in my town complaining about how bad the street is now there is a new gas station that opened up.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 04:08:52 PM »
Hi,

Sorry, I don't understand Dutch and didn't see an option for subtitles.

Not sure what was the point of the video?  The journalists are travel bloggers that like vacationing in Crimea and interviewed a few people? 
Almost, they travel to places westerners normally wouldn't visit. After the first few seconds where they complained they had to fly to krasnodar and go by car from there, I already knew the narrative would be anti-Russia because you can fly directly from Moscow to Simferopol which is in the middle of Crimea.

4 years after the annexation, I would think the "intelligent" people who are pro-Ukraine would have left, and the pro-Russians would have stayed to be interviewed.  I guess the drunk people did not have the financial means to relocate?  Or just grumpy drunk complainers - we have them at the  local bar in my town complaining about how bad the street is now there is a new gas station that opened up.

The grumpy drunk complainers are gold really.

- I fled Russia because i was afraid of being locked up.... so you fled to Crimea of all places??? It is inside Russia you dolt!

The Dutch narrative is easy enough to understand, they must be negative, but for anyone watching that blog the obvious is: it is really, really hard to find negative people there.

The guy who ran a local business there (Dutch tourist bureau) is telling all basicly. Everyone is happy, huge investments, infrastructure being repaired, if only those pesky sanctions would leave, his business would skyrocket.

Quote!: The people vote for Russia, lets punish them !!! and if it really was an invasion, it is adding insult to injury to sanction them because the invasion is harm enough. So no matter which truth you believe, the sanctions are being put on the wrong people.

(He was quite pro-Russia actually, and living as a foreigner in Crimea he must know the deal).

Locals said:
- Pro: Investments in infrastructure, government, buildings, tourism.
- Con: You are less 'free' in your opinion (if you believe them drunks).

OO===[][]===OO

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 01:23:31 AM »

Almost, they travel to places westerners normally wouldn't visit. After the first few seconds where they complained they had to fly to krasnodar and go by car from there, I already knew the narrative would be anti-Russia because you can fly directly from Moscow to Simferopol which is in the middle of Crimea.

It's hardly helpful to try to make a 'point ' and start with a howler ...  Now IF they'd said they had to fly to KRR from AMS ..... as no direct flts to Crimea ... they'd have had a point...

While we are on the subject of decent investigative journalism ...What has any  'Andrei / Andrey ' I might know got to do with Crimea?

Sometimes drunks  say things others won't as their tongues loosen ..?

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline froid

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 12:49:13 PM »
Yes but the real point of the article is two Dutch Journalists visited Crimea and no one there died of nerve agent.  Hahahaha.  :)
Look, we're gonna spend half the night driving around the Hills looking for this one party and you're going to say it sucks and we're all gonna leave and then we're gonna go look for this other party. But all the parties and all the bars, they all suck. <-Same goes for forums!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 02:28:51 PM »
Yes but the real point of the article is two Dutch Journalists visited Crimea and no one there died of nerve agent.  Hahahaha.  :)
worse still.... they seem to have a good time there
OO===[][]===OO