The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Your personal and trustworthy interpreter in Kiev  (Read 22705 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Your personal and trustworhty interpreter in Kiev
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2018, 02:01:21 PM »
This weekend I visited one interesting spot right in Kiev, nearby Kiev-Zhuliany airport. It is avaition museum which is the largest of its kind in Eastern Europe. There are  lot of unique objects there and even some of them you can visit from inside. Definitely a must see place for those who is in love with sky.

http://aviamuseum.com.ua/en

That would be me. Hopefully someday you can visit the Boeing Aircraft plant in Everett, Washington state which is still the largest building in the World according to Guinness (at least it was about 7 years ago).

Nearby is a very good Combat Aircraft Museum with some historical aircraft, a private collection of Paul Allen. Both places merit a visit.

https://www.toursnorthwest.com/tour/boeing-factory/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_tzmwZT63QIVibfsCh1L_gb1EAAYAiAAEgJoQvD_BwE

https://www.google.com/search?q=flight+and+aircraft+museum+everett+wa&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#istate=lrl:iv&rlimm=443705703693705156

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2018, 02:14:30 PM »
The Future of Flight Aviation Center is in a different location than the Boeing plant however if you pay for a Boeing tour you start at the FoFAC and it’s included in the price.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_of_Flight_Aviation_Center_%26_Boeing_Tour

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2018, 03:11:50 PM »
This weekend I visited one interesting spot right in Kiev, nearby Kiev-Zhuliany airport. It is avaition museum which is the largest of its kind in Eastern Europe. There are  lot of unique objects there and even some of them you can visit from inside. Definitely a must see place for those who is in love with sky.

Definitely an interesting place to visit. The assemblage of aircraft sprawled about is amazing. Some amazing late Soviet era aircraft as well as missiles and bombs. There are aircraft that you wonder can that get off the ground. You can even take public transport, a bus there. But do it on a warm day, a cold and raw day it is exposed and unpleasant.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2018, 02:45:24 AM »

Definitely an interesting place to visit. The assemblage of aircraft sprawled about is amazing. Some amazing late Soviet era aircraft as well as missiles and bombs. There are aircraft that you wonder can that get off the ground. You can even take public transport, a bus there. But do it on a warm day, a cold and raw day it is exposed and unpleasant.

Yes, its always windy there so better to be at least in the sun.

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2018, 02:46:50 AM »

That would be me. Hopefully someday you can visit the Boeing Aircraft plant in Everett, Washington state which is still the largest building in the World according to Guinness (at least it was about 7 years ago).

Nearby is a very good Combat Aircraft Museum with some historical aircraft, a private collection of Paul Allen. Both places merit a visit.

https://www.toursnorthwest.com/tour/boeing-factory/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_tzmwZT63QIVibfsCh1L_gb1EAAYAiAAEgJoQvD_BwE

https://www.google.com/search?q=flight+and+aircraft+museum+everett+wa&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#istate=lrl:iv&rlimm=443705703693705156

Thanks for the idea-maybe some day :thumbsup: We also have Antonov aircraft manufacturer so probably it will be my next visit.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2018, 06:33:27 AM »
If you find time please look at Little Nemo (in Slumberland), by W. McCray. His influence extends for generations strongly influencing Calvin & Hobbs author B. Watterson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Nemo

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9C%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%8C%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B9_%D0%9D%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE:_%D0%9F%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%BB%D1%8E%D1%87%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F_%D0%B2_%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B5_%D1%81%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2

The Russian link is about a Japanese film featuring Little Nemo.

A fair number are on the Internet.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2018, 09:46:42 AM »

Thanks for the idea-maybe some day :thumbsup: We also have Antonov aircraft manufacturer so probably it will be my next visit.

Have you been able to travel around W. Europe yet?

Have you been anywhere in the USA yet?

As a translator do you speak any other languages besides English?

Thank you for being on our forum, it’s very refreshing to have a new lady visit.

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2018, 02:11:45 AM »
If you find time please look at Little Nemo (in Slumberland), by W. McCray. His influence extends for generations strongly influencing Calvin & Hobbs author B. Watterson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Nemo

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9C%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%8C%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B9_%D0%9D%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE:_%D0%9F%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%BB%D1%8E%D1%87%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F_%D0%B2_%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B5_%D1%81%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2

The Russian link is about a Japanese film featuring Little Nemo.

A fair number are on the Internet.

Yes, this one I have watched already :)

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2018, 02:19:40 AM »

Have you been able to travel around W. Europe yet?

Have you been anywhere in the USA yet?

As a translator do you speak any other languages besides English?

Thank you for being on our forum, it’s very refreshing to have a new lady visit.

So many questions tiphat
1) Yes, I have been to W.Europe. Being a student I lived in Germany for half a year. The last country I have visited was Denmark for my best friends wedding ceremony. I was maid of honor-such a great role :saint: And, in general it was interesting to observe the wedding in other country other than mine.
2)No, never.
3) I also know German but do not practise it too much. Mostly, use English.

For me too-thanks for being active!

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2018, 02:40:10 PM »
Hi everyone! Such a great Indian summer days we have here so that is no time to be wasted near the computer. Autumn is really golden here and warm. We had 3 days off this time because religious holiday was on Sunday so automatically Monday is off. I reckon its great to have Mondays off-the working week ahead seems much more pleasant. So I managed to visit 2 parks and a zoo. A lot of walking and just enjoying the beauty of the nature. Soon it will be the season of falling leaves which is a bit sad. But in between i am trying to catch sun. And what do you prefer-to spend time outdoors or indoors? And whether this choice depends upon the weather?

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2018, 05:37:21 PM »
Glad to hear that the warm weather is still In your area.   It has become cooler here as the warm air was blown away by Hurricane Michael last week.  That allowed the cold weather front to enter from the northwest side of the continent.  It snowed in Denver (high elevation city) over the weekend.  When it gets very hot or very cold outside, I avoid staying outside for long periods. The moderate climate days in my area are not too many over the year.  So I am a more indoors type of person because of the climate.  The tree leaves will start changing colors in a few weeks.  If all of the trees are evergreens, then it would never change color (except when the trees are dying).  Deciduous trees lose their leaves to save on the energy needed to maintain the leaves over the winter season.  They then have to rely on large water supplies during the spring season to grow back the leaves.  Evergreens never lose their leaves, so they need to maintain them all of the time by using both the spring rains and winter snow melt.
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2018, 04:37:50 AM »
Glad to hear that the warm weather is still In your area.   It has become cooler here as the warm air was blown away by Hurricane Michael last week.  That allowed the cold weather front to enter from the northwest side of the continent.  It snowed in Denver (high elevation city) over the weekend.  When it gets very hot or very cold outside, I avoid staying outside for long periods. The moderate climate days in my area are not too many over the year.  So I am a more indoors type of person because of the climate.  The tree leaves will start changing colors in a few weeks.  If all of the trees are evergreens, then it would never change color (except when the trees are dying).  Deciduous trees lose their leaves to save on the energy needed to maintain the leaves over the winter season.  They then have to rely on large water supplies during the spring season to grow back the leaves.  Evergreens never lose their leaves, so they need to maintain them all of the time by using both the spring rains and winter snow melt.

Hurricanes and snow-unbelievable ??? It seems that we are living on other planets. Sometimes you are just thinking how things are different but on the other side, not so much :) Interesting world we are living in...

Came over such a quote the other day and liked it very much. Probably the essense of life.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson

Online AvHdB

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2018, 04:45:42 AM »

Hurricanes and snow-unbelievable ??? It seems that we are living on other planets. Sometimes you are just thinking how things are different but on the other side, not so much :) Interesting world we are living in...

Came over such a quote the other day and liked it very much. Probably the essense of life.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson

H. S. Thompson, WOW! have you read him?

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2018, 05:52:23 PM »

― Hunter S. Thompson

Much of this country's climate is controlled by geography.  Europe needs to get some hurricanes/typhoons, tornados, wildfires, blizzards, flash floods, droughts, and red tides.   :)  As with the  recent hurricane, it was just a tropical depression a few days before it grew into a monster storm.  So one day, all is fine and the next all is gone.    :snivel:

As for the quote, tell that to the two visitors to the Grand Canyon and Yosemite parks who were taking a selfie and ended up at the bottom of the cliff.   :GRAVE:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Online AvHdB

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2018, 06:22:13 PM »

― Hunter S. Thompson

Much of this country's climate is controlled by geography.  Europe needs to get some hurricanes/typhoons, tornados, wildfires, blizzards, flash floods, droughts, and red tides.   :)  As with the  recent hurricane, it was just a tropical depression a few days before it grew into a monster storm.  So one day, all is fine and the next all is gone.    :snivel:

As for the quote, tell that to the two visitors to the Grand Canyon and Yosemite parks who were taking a selfie and ended up at the bottom of the cliff.   :GRAVE:

Last week there was an hurricane named Leslie that eventually was downgraded to a post tropical cyclone. Just after being downgraded it delivered a direct hit on Portugal and Spain. It was one of the longer lived hurricanes and tropical storms before it made landfall.

A day before a tropical cyclone landed ashore at Yemen, it managed in several hours to do what Saudi Arabia has failed to do for months.

A few years before a post hurricane/cyclone laid waste to Ireland and Southern England.

Presently the Atlantic and Caribbean Sea are calm.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/?atlc

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2018, 01:33:38 AM »

― Hunter S. Thompson

H. S. Thompson, WOW! have you read him?

Not yet-on my list :)

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2018, 01:38:19 AM »

― Hunter S. Thompson

No, thanks-leave all those weather conditions for yourself. Ukraine has wonderful geographic location and all seasons are beautiful.
Well, I am trying to be optimistic. Sooner or later we all will be there. But the quality of life still  depends upon us-whether we want to enjoy it or not.

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2018, 04:42:50 AM »
Hi, guys! Again working Monday :reading: And autumn holidays in school- a great chance to send kid to grandparents and enjoy some gulps of freedom. Had a wonderful, almost one days walk yesterday along my favorite route in Kiev- from the main square of our country, Maidan Nezalezhnosti to the Dniper river and visited Kiev-Pechersk Lavra caves as well. Kiev is built on hills and from there you can enjoy the wonderful panorama over the other river bank. And now its all still in different colors like on the postcard. And in the evening listened to the street musicians in Podol area-now its second pedestrian zone in Kiev along with Kreshatyk with lots of bars,restarurants,street musicians and a big wheel. I have been to all these places uncountable amount of times but you always want to return and again to make couple of pictures:)

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2018, 05:45:37 AM »
Hi, guys! Again working Monday :reading: And autumn holidays in school- a great chance to send kid to grandparents and enjoy some gulps of freedom. Had a wonderful, almost one days walk yesterday along my favorite route in Kiev- from the main square of our country, Maidan Nezalezhnosti to the Dniper river and visited Kiev-Pechersk Lavra caves as well. Kiev is built on hills and from there you can enjoy the wonderful panorama over the other river bank. And now its all still in different colors like on the postcard. And in the evening listened to the street musicians in Podol area-now its second pedestrian zone in Kiev along with Kreshatyk with lots of bars,restarurants,street musicians and a big wheel. I have been to all these places uncountable amount of times but you always want to return and again to make couple of pictures:)

Zhenya

I've been to Kiev many times and spent three weeks in Western Ukraine (Chernivtsi, Lvov, Khotyn, Bukovel etc)  a few months ago, but it is 11 years since I was last at Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, my wife and I are going to try and get there again and see more of Kiev and spend more time actually in the city next time we are there, lovely city!

Chris
Слава Україні

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2018, 10:57:43 AM »
Hi, Chris!

You have also been to picteresque places-Western Ukraine is great too. But come and visit Kiev again-the city deserves returning to it!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2018, 05:11:28 AM »
I have been to kiev maidan. Globus. The underground monastary. Wonderful city. Too bad i cant go back
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2018, 06:28:35 AM »
Hi, Markje! But why cannot you return?

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2018, 06:30:37 AM »
Its Wednesday but I was invited to the barbeque in the park nearby- its great to close the season of barbeques in autumn and say hello to winter ones ;D

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2018, 10:37:59 AM »

Because my wife is from crimea. We travelled to crimea through moscow and i do not want to deal with the border-hassle of ukraine
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2018, 01:12:22 PM »

Because my wife is from crimea. We travelled to crimea through moscow and i do not want to deal with the border-hassle of ukraine

Yes, I can understand you-its all politics and above life of normal people!