The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Your personal and trustworthy interpreter in Kiev  (Read 22842 times)

Offline Zhenya

Re: Your personal and trustworhty interpreter in Kiev
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2018, 02:26:05 AM »
Guys, so far everything is calm here which is good. People are rushing and preparing for Chrismas and New Year. I hope it will continue like this. Myself already in Christmas mood-yesterday participated in the workshop for making hand-made Christmas card. For me New Year is always associated with mandarines (their aroma) and snowflakes in the window. And for you? What is your New Year aroma?

For myself what really puts me in the mood for Christmas is walking around inside of a large shopping Mall, I love all of the Christmas decorations, the crowds of people and especially the Christmas music.

I might take a trip up into the mountains because I also like snow, it puts me in a festive mood.  :thumbsup:

That sounds good! Enjoy this great time! We also have a tradition to meet with friends to eat ice-cream and if snow allows, sledding down the hills:)

Yep, know this song by heart :party0011:

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2018, 02:28:43 AM »
As boys the favorite activity of my brother and I was to go down a local hill on large inner tubes. This video is on Snoqualmie pass pretty close to the small town I grew up in. Afterwards we would go into the ski lodge and get some hot chocolate!

This is from Stevens Pass, actually even closer to the small city I grew up in.

Not a valid youtube URL

Arent you not still a boy inside? Repeat this adventures! Its really cool. Of course we do it here when dark and when kids are out of the hills :)

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2018, 02:32:33 AM »
This is a video of the famous city Leavenworth, Washington state. It's about 1 hour from where I grew up. It has been voted the most Christmassy city in the USA.

An even better video of Leavenworth, showing the Christmas lights coming on (about half-way through).

Thanks for sharing this! Soon we will have also our main Christmas tree put on Sofievska square with all the lights on! This year they promise illumination like north lights so no need to visit Finnland or Norway to catch them. However its still my dream :)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2018, 11:07:44 AM »
y
This is a video of the famous city Leavenworth, Washington state. It's about 1 hour from where I grew up. It has been voted the most Christmassy city in the USA.

An even better video of Leavenworth, showing the Christmas lights coming on (about half-way through).

Thanks for sharing this! Soon we will have also our main Christmas tree put on Sofievska square with all the lights on! This year they promise illumination like north lights so no need to visit Finnland or Norway to catch them. However its still my dream :)

This sounds very nice, must be very beautiful. I hope you enjoy the festivities. I hear that Kiev is beautiful and picturesque.

I’ve been to Sweden but not the other two. Pretty soon your dream to visit those nearby countries will come true!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2018, 11:17:00 AM »
y

This sounds very nice, must be very beautiful. I hope you enjoy the festivities. I hear that Kiev is beautiful and picturesque.

I’ve been to Sweden but not the other two. Pretty soon your dream to visit those nearby countries will come true!

Do I sense love is in the air? Confederate and mmmmmmm just saying just saying.. :thumbsup:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2018, 12:22:06 PM »

This is a video of the famous city Leavenworth, Washington state. It's about 1 hour from where I grew up. It has been voted the most Christmassy city.

Do I sense love is in the air? Confederate and mmmmmmm just saying just saying.. :thumbsup:

Don’t be ridiculous she would cut my gonads off and feed to the sharks!  :laugh:

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2018, 01:58:38 AM »
y

I will try to make pics for you when return back from my trip. Yes, aurora borealis is on the waiting list:)

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2018, 06:09:29 PM »
Send me a box of Aplets and Cotlets from Cashmere.   :thumbsup:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2018, 09:34:06 AM »

This is a video of the famous city Leavenworth, Washington state. It's about 1 hour from where I grew up. It has been voted the most Christmassy city.

Don’t be ridiculous she would cut my gonads off and feed to the sharks!  :laugh:

Its ok!! no need to be shy..so when did you say you was fling to Ukraine???? :thumbsup:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #109 on: December 24, 2018, 05:52:21 AM »

But gently tiphat Wish you all miracles on this Christmas Eve! :saint: Now we in Ukraine also celebrate catholic Xmas and it was made a day off.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Your personal and trustworthy interpreter in Kiev
« Reply #110 on: December 24, 2018, 10:58:39 AM »
Merry Xmas .
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2018, 12:40:29 AM »
Hello,gentlemen! I wanted to share some photos of Kiev Christmas tree but didnt find out how to add here pics (insert image seems not to be working). Any help?
A lot of snow here-real white Christmas. And finally martial law has been suspended.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2018, 04:10:27 PM »
Hello,gentlemen! I wanted to share some photos of Kiev Christmas tree but didnt find out how to add here pics (insert image seems not to be working). Any help?
A lot of snow here-real white Christmas. And finally martial law has been suspended.

This is simple: https://imgbb.com/
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2018, 10:12:57 PM »

Manny, when writing a post, below the box is "Attachments and other options" but it doesn't allow for attachments. Is that feature disabled?  Some people probably prefer that method to show photos
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Manny

« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2018, 09:59:18 AM »

Manny, when writing a post, below the box is "Attachments and other options" but it doesn't allow for attachments. Is that feature disabled?  Some people probably prefer that method to show photos

Yes, its disabled. The answer is money really, Billy. Long topic here.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2019, 02:22:07 AM »
Hello to everyone in New Year already! Wishing you new heights and new possibilities! So, no photos then-come and see Kiev with your own eyes :)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Re: Your personal and trustworthy interpreter in Kiev - photos
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2019, 04:45:19 AM »
Even an 'idiot' can upload photos to this site - without taking up space here...

A free photo hosting alternative to Manny's suggestion

https://imgur.com/

Once you've uploaded an image - it's just a question of copying and pasting the BB Code link ....

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2019, 04:50:54 AM »
Thanks for the insights! Holidays are off and the main Christmas tree is off too. We have a nice light frosty weather, ideal for sledging down the hills. But the soul is already waiting for spring and green color around. Probably in spring Kiev is the most beatiful.

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2019, 10:27:30 AM »
Happy St.Valentines to everyone! Find your true love,inspire and support each other :)

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2019, 12:09:25 PM »
Happy St.Valentines to everyone! Find your true love,inspire and support each other :)

Happy Valentines day to you too Zhenya! It would be hard for me to find true love and inspiration here. I'm just not into men but if someone wants to support me, I won't resist!
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2019, 02:11:20 AM »
Who searches, will always find. Or sometimes it comes even if you do not search it. Love is a great thing!

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2019, 04:14:25 AM »
Hello in spring to everyone! Busy working and at the same time trying to catch the moments-enjoying stroll in my lovely Kiev. Last Sunday we had elections of the President and there were a lot of observers from all over the world. Kiev was full of English speakers who also took this as a good opportunity to see our beautiful capital. But still Kiev is not in full blossom. That will be in May :)

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2020, 02:38:32 AM »
Hello, gentlemen! It was a long time that I wasnt here. But so far on quarantine have some spare time. How are you all? How do your survive the lockdown?

Offline Manny

« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2020, 06:42:00 AM »
Hello Zhenya, whats the situation for you in Ukraine at the moment?

In the UK we are in lockdown pretty much and many businesses are closed and many people at home.

Offline Zhenya

« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2020, 07:27:48 AM »
Hello Zhenya, whats the situation for you in Ukraine at the moment?

In the UK we are in lockdown pretty much and many businesses are closed and many people at home.
Hello Manny! Locked in Kiev. Our govenment has set quarantine until April 24th. No transport in and out of the country-I mean public. By car I suppose its still possible at certain border points. Since this Monday its obligatory to wear mouthmasks when you go out and the areas of going out are restricted as well. Probably I need to rent a dog to go out:) Or to mask my cat to pretend a dog :8) Only food shops and drugstores are opened. Of course critical businesses are working. Private business also working if they have work, also from home. Kids do distance learning.

Registration