The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Facebook Likes..Facebook boosts ..Facebook garbage  (Read 828 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Facebook Likes..Facebook boosts ..Facebook garbage
« on: September 07, 2018, 09:58:50 AM »
So I got rid of my phone a while back as its something I don't really need..

Already thinking towards dumping Facebook .. I just like it to keep in contact and see who's doing what with friends .. the rest is a pile of shit..

What is really annoying is all the garbage that comes from Facebook to boost your business pages and GET more likes .. But who the hell really wants more LIKES ? Im sure Facebook are trying to brainwash the idiots in to think its not possible to live without dam stupid "Likes"

We have many Facebook pages in Russian and English .. mostly spam kind of pages .. the Russian versions do ok and bring in a few sign ups, just a handful actually.. the English pages for example https://www.facebook.com/BestRussianDatingSites/.  have around 7000 likes on each page  and probably we have about 70,000 likes .. but who wants those stupid "likes" Im already sick and tired of getting notifications non stop more muppets "Like" the page and would I like to boost the page for $6 to 12,000 more muppets to gain an extra 100 "Likes" Its bloody crazy!!!

The funny thing is you can send some spam or links on those pages so they will reach say 70,000 and who will sign up?? 0 will sign up.. cos most people who "Like" the page have bugger all else to do and just live boring likes "Like"ing pages .. :laugh:

And even worse then you get notifications from Facebook to "answer questions faster" to get more status on your pages!! ?? Answer questions? what from thousands of muppets asking ridicules questions such as "I love you how can we meet, here is my number" Do I really need to waste time answering this garbage..

I have been trying to figure it all out over the last 12 months and I have come to the conclusion Facebook is just trying to brainwash all the idiots in the world for the NEED to have "Likes"

Last month we hired a ad network and run a advertising campaign in Facebook I wasn't sure it would bring much results in but we gave it a go, so we ran the campaign over the weekend with highly targets ads and they were signing up like flies to shit...

But as in the case of all the muppets that "like" your pages non converted and most signed up, visited 2/3 times and left ...

Yeah Facebook really is a pile of shit...

Accept my one main business page and our cupid guard page .. I'm no longer going to even do any posts .. if I get bombarded with spam from Facebook I shall just close the pages..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Facebook Likes..Facebook boosts ..Facebook garbage
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 03:52:47 PM »
I've never been convinced by FB as a serious marketing tool unless you live on it 24/7, infiltrate all the genre-specific groups, and engage in some gentle group spamming.

For me I find it the lower end of the market. Everyone who wants something for nothing or wants to save 50p will be on FB. Or those who want to talk and not spend.

I have a personal page I dont really use except to access some special interest trade groups to read occasionally. I have some business pages that serve to collect reviews and maintain a "presence", etc. I try to avoid interaction on them and auto divert them to email instead. The content is fed by Crowdfire or Hootsuite and is duplicated on Pinterest, Twitter and cross-pollinated from Youtube videos and other platforms, etc.

FB for me simply isn't a thing I'll choose to spend more than 5 [business] minutes a day on. Inane conversation, chatter, memes and gifs of cats falling off a shelf on "local groups" or whatever simply have no interest for me.

Facebook never really made sense to me, although I totally get why it does to others. Thankfully, my wife feels the same as me; lest she might spend all evening prodding nonsense about nothing to strangers on her phone for hours on end like wives of my English pals do. I feel blessed that in our house nobody knows or cares what happens on "Big Brother" or "Love Island" or Celebrity something-or-other in the jungle" even though one of of our friends has been a "celebrity" in the "jungle" - we never watched it and she doesn't care as she still got her £100k.  :chuckle:

This site does not have an FB page. It probably should. Anyone want to run it?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 02:12:21 AM »
Facebook is incredibly useful for catching up with REAL friends from a long time ago who may be on the other side of the world ... not much else...

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 11:10:54 AM »
Facebook is incredibly useful for catching up with REAL friends from a long time ago who may be on the other side of the world ... not much else...

Thats about it!! Other than that its a pile of crap.. I just use to be nosy and post some garbage.. :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 10:18:35 PM »

Thats about it!! Other than that its a pile of crap.. I just use to be nosy and post some garbage.. :laugh:

I noticed ..  but didn't bite

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic