The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Steveboy's Tale  (Read 6594 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Steveboy's Tale
« on: September 02, 2018, 02:26:29 PM »
I forgot to mention when I relocated to Moldova wife did lots of things to help me not have to much of a culture shock..

Not all but including:

1. Bought a washing machine. Previously she did this in the local river..

2. Bought a colour TV.. Previously she had a black and white mono tube gas operated version.

3. Bought a cooker, Previously all cooking was on an open fire in the communal garden.

So life was not to bad.. and the fiver I went over there with paid all the utilities for about 12 months..  :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Steveboy's Tale
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 04:23:29 PM »
I forgot to mention when I relocated to Moldova wife did lots of things to help me not have to much of a culture shock..

Not all but including:

2. Bought a colour TV.. Previously she had a black and white mono tube gas operated version.

3. Bought a cooker, Previously all cooking was on an open fire in the communal garden.

So life was not to bad.. and the fiver I went over there with paid all the utilities for about 12 months..  :laugh:

Had you been writing to your wife prior to moving there? How did you two meet?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 07:17:15 AM »

Not all but including:

I met my wife on another web site.. At the time I was making my own web site so signed up to ******** dating site to copy some ideas from there, was doing screen shots and looking at the working.. industrial espionage I guess you could say.. but in any case got chatting to my wife there, and in fact instead of asking to meet I asked if she wanted to do some work for me.. a little more industrial espionage.. :laugh:

So she was working for me for nearly 8 months before we even met up..so probably not the usual way most meet.. it just kind of happened , a little like how I even landed up in Russia  that was also by pure chance..

One of my friends in the UK found out his wife was meeting other men on some UK site , something like Match.com about 15 years ago .. so we made a fake profile of some guy to catch her out and see what she was up to.. we did this for a few weeks and chatted to her nearly every night, as you can imagine my friend divorced not long after..
But during the two weeks on this site (at the time I always thought online dating sites were for people with mental problems) I got chatting to some girl from Moldova , Im not sure how she registered there. Originally my friend said **** the wife I'm going to meet this girl .. :ROFL:

To cut a long story short he bottled out.. as for me Im always up for anything and recently divorced myself.. so found myself on a plane to Moldova ( a place I had never heard of) 2 weeks later, despite friends saying I must be crazy... the mafia will kill me and the usual stuff, at the time Moldova was still kind of Russian.

Anyway I had a great time, new experience , new culture and loved it.. and come to the conclusion that Im not wasting time in my little Dorset village any longer. As soon as I was back home off I went signing up to several Russian dating sites and meeting women nearly every month all over Eastern Europe..

So it began my Eastern European adventures .. :smokin:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 12:25:05 PM »
Cor Blimey my own tale!!

I feel like a knight now..

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 12:52:29 PM »

Not all but including:

I met my wife on another web site.. At the time I was making my own web site so signed up to ******** dating site to copy some ideas from there, was doing screen shots and looking at the working.. industrial espionage I guess you could say.. but in any case got chatting to my wife there, and in fact instead of asking to meet I asked if she wanted to do some work for me.. a little more industrial espionage.. :laugh:

So she was working for me for nearly 8 months before we even met up..so probably not the usual way most meet.. it just kind of happened , a little like how I even landed up in Russia  that was also by pure chance..

One of my friends in the UK found out his wife was meeting other men on some UK site , something like Match.com about 15 years ago .. so we made a fake profile of some guy to catch her out and see what she was up to.. we did this for a few weeks and chatted to her nearly every night, as you can imagine my friend divorced not long after..
But during the two weeks on this site (at the time I always thought online dating sites were for people with mental problems) I got chatting to some girl from Moldova , Im not sure how she registered there. Originally my friend said **** the wife I'm going to meet this girl .. :ROFL:

To cut a long story short he bottled out.. as for me Im always up for anything and recently divorced myself.. so found myself on a plane to Moldova ( a place I had never heard of) 2 weeks later, despite friends saying I must be crazy... the mafia will kill me and the usual stuff, at the time Moldova was still kind of Russian.

Anyway I had a great time, new experience , new culture and loved it.. and come to the conclusion that Im not wasting time in my little Dorset village any longer. As soon as I was back home off I went signing up to several Russian dating sites and meeting women nearly every month all over Eastern Europe..

So it began my Eastern European adventures .. :smokin:

Great story Steveboy! Tell us more!  :chuckle:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 01:14:44 PM »
Well after my trip to Moldova.. it was Kiev several times as I remember met some stupid women there.. even invited some girl to the UK..

She only stayed 4 days and it was long enough for me.. never got her ass out of bed till dinner time and on the final day I thought to myself "If I'm late getting her to the airport Im kicking her straight out in the car park and leaving her there" That simple.. :ROFL:

She was absolute pain in the ass.. every place we went out to eat she picked the most expensive dinner.. every time we visited some tourist place she had to have a pile of souvenirs to take home.. stupid women! On the way to the airport we stopped at some garage so I suggested she go pick a new music CD.. she come back with 4/5 ..I made her take 4 of them back.. I don't need the shit..

Funny thing is she called me the following week to ask if she was coming to live with me.. :chuckle:

Only did about 3/4 trips to Ukraine that was enough for me.. I also met a stripper in Kiev another stupid dumb ass..so I never have sent any money to any women but on this one occasion I sent this girl $100 to go pay for apartment before I arrived.. turned up and met her after driving around in her friends car collecting lots of cash from all sorts of people we arrived at apartment.. I asked "Did you pay the deposit" to which she said "I needed the money for other things  :laugh:
My reply was something like "So where the *** are you staying" turned out to be enough of Ukraine for me so kicked her out .. simple.., stayed 2 nights went out on my own for some fun..when I left there was no one to hand the apartment keys to , so took them with me..arrested me at Bristol airport  :ROFL:

Had to find my bags with the airport security in baggage area and get the keys and hand to officer before they would let be bored..

So I had some fun in Ukraine..but it really is a shit hole..

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 01:19:59 PM »
Steve, Thank you for posting!
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 01:26:11 PM »
Trip to Geneva

I went to Switzerland one time to meet a hooker from Moldova.. I was instantly attracted to her when I saw her photos in Bride.ru (Bride.ru was a top site about 14 years ago just hundreds and hundreds of personal phone numbers from girls, they never realised the web site was selling their private info)
Anyway this girl had those clear plastic high heel shoes like all the strippers have, so I already knew what she was doing in Switzerland before I arrived.. :ROFL:

Everyone loves these shoes??

Didn't do to much there in fact she was a nice girl.. went shopping to channel and Dior .. she paid.. I just carried the bags..

She did tell me what she was doing in the end and asked if I still respected her.. it was no worries for me.. you do what you have to do in life!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 01:36:52 PM »
Trip to Paris

Went to Paris once to meet some stuck up girl from Sochi ..

She worked for fashiontv.ru not sure if its still going now, but anyway was doing some filming in Paris so her and about 10 other girls were staying at a top 5  star hotel, she invited me for the weekend.. (Also met her on Bride.ru.. Bride.ru is now defunct )

Three days was enough with her thanks!! I never sat at the table for lunch in the correct position, my clothes were looking old and warn so she told me (Cheeeky bitch!) I think she must of spent about 6000 Euros when we went shopping.. again I just carried the bags.. :laugh:

To cut a long story short she wanted to do a marriage deal , it was something like she will pay me 10,000 Euros to marry her, for which I would also have exclusive use of her body sat and Sunday ONLY As she was planning to live in London.. it was made clear to me the rest of the week was non of my business.. :laugh:

She also told me she would be taking me to Sochi to meet her father who would draw the contract up AND whilst there I would go to some special place where her father went to get rid of some of my wrinkles ..she was ***** mad..

I met many mad women over 15 years..

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 01:38:52 PM »
Trips to Moscow

OOOooo I can't even start to think about all of those trips, must of been so many.. and all sorts of goings on.. :laugh:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 02:00:17 PM »
Expired Visa trip

Here is some very good advice for anyone planning to visit Russia ALWAYS make sure your visa expires several days after your departure JUST incase you should miss your flight or some thing worse..

It happened to me about 10 years ago during the Russian holidays , I was in St Petersburg at the time but was flying home from Moscow and during the Russian holidays, only train ticket left me 1 hour to get to the airport from Moscow train station.. thats no big deal I know my way about pretty well even before they had the airport shuttles BUT the bus to airport bloody broke down .. :laugh:

Missed the flight , I ddi not have much money at the time so decided to take train back to St Petersburg , then catch Train to Tallinn Estonia as I only had a day on my visa left..

Made it back to St Petersburg but the only train  to Tallinn ( I was wanting to make Tallinn as those days Easy jet did cheap flights to the UK, It was Russian holidays so not much left in St Petersburg) More problems!! The Tallinn train passed the Russian border at 3am , my visa expired at 12pm .. so I went for it anyway hoping I could blag my way out of it..

Unfortunately  that never happened , the guard took my passport at the border and seemed to be taking along time to bring it back..he did come back in the end with three other officers and two big Alsatians , they were very polite but informed me I was legally in Russian and would need to return to St Petersburg to make a new exit visa.. :laugh:

So two hours at the Russian border in the police station (They fed me well) and a free ticket on the next train to St Petersburg..

It took 5 weeks to solve the problem after being fined and all sorts of other paperwork and finally get my exit visa to return home.. mother had to send me money for 5 weeks.. :laugh: My visa was registered in Moscow so I had to return there a few days later, after they took my passport for the exit visa I was advised not to leave Moscow.. but I wasn't doing that at the time I was staying in St Petersburg , so even more of a problem travelling on the train with no passport..

It was a long time ago and I wasn't an experienced traveller in Russia at the time... if I knew what I new now I would of been home in a few days instead of 5 bloody weeks!!

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2018, 02:02:36 PM »
Trips to Moscow

must of been so many.. and all sorts of goings on.. :laugh:

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 04:18:56 AM »

Bride.ru is now defunct )

!!!

Didn't know that ... met two ladies from there

I see it is still up - just no new members in the last month

Naturally, the girls did know their addresses were made available as one could then write / call ? ..
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline martincop

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2018, 11:14:47 PM »
Steveboy

You have a wicked sense of humor! :)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2018, 03:07:17 AM »

Bride.ru is now defunct )

!!!

Didn't know that ... met two ladies from there

I see it is still up - just no new members in the last month

Naturally, the girls did know their addresses were made available as one could then write / call ? ..

Its still going but no new members in fact now they put members that signed up two years ago as new members .. the site is virtually finished.. and yes they give all the women personal details, apartment number, land line and mobile number, its a wonder they have not been closed down, it was ok 10 years ago and was the best place to pick women up.. kind of like Tinda.. I met lots of girls on the site, just sat and sent 100 sms every week.. very easy.. ;D

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2018, 03:10:51 AM »
 ;D

Its me working like a slave...

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2018, 03:29:25 AM »
Bus stations Train Station and Toilets

I have managed to sleep in many bus stations and train stations across Eastern Europe over the last 15 years though not recently .. I try to avoid now unless it is an emergency ..

Most popular bus station ..

From the UK to St Petersburg used to be be very cheap when Easy jet and Ryan Air were doing London - Tallinn for $40 and under.. then it was just a matter of catching the Ecolines bus to St Petersburg for about $15.00 for a 6 hour journey .. a long trip to Russia.. but cheap at the time when I had no money.. often had to spend the night at the bus station or airport ..

Riga Bus station

A bit of a shit hole Riga Bus station .. dirty and usually frequented by the homeless and drunks (That included me at the time ) Often had to spend the night there or stupid hours waiting for a bus to St Petersburg.. that was also in the days of London-Riga flights for $30 then a 13 hour bus trip to St Petersburg with Ecolines , bus ticket was cheap $20.. so another cheap way to Russia at the time..

I have done a few other bus stations a  long the way ..

Train Stations

Often I spent a night or two on the benches with the homeless in St Petersburg or Moscow .. not nice, they don't actually let you sleep there , you can kind of nod off then the guard will come along with his stick and poke you.. :laugh:

But one good point about some of the train stations which probably many will not know about is many have a shower room  :thumbsup:

Well they did 10 years ago, you pay 200 roubles and was given a little pack with toothbrush, Coombe, toothpaste and flannel , you have your own cubical for a shower, there is a hair dryer , iron for your clothes towels all very clean and great to get refreshed forth thing in the morning.. :laugh:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2018, 09:27:14 PM »
Bride.ru was certainly a good place to find a FSUW ..

Interesting, what you say about the profiles..

There was a woman from your city - Alexandra - a hot brunette .. she was 39 in the early noughties and was STILL 39, 15 years later - same photos ..;)

Right now, I checked and saw a profile of a lady  from Belarus who is listed in her late thirties and from 'Poland' - she does live NEAR the border with Poland ..is in her later forties ..  but worth checking out..

Shall I get her to join your site, Steve ? ;)

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2018, 02:50:08 AM »
Bride.ru was certainly a good place to find a FSUW ..

Interesting, what you say about the profiles..

There was a woman from your city - Alexandra - a hot brunette .. she was 39 in the early noughties and was STILL 39, 15 years later - same photos ..;)

Right now, I checked and saw a profile of a lady  from Belarus who is listed in her late thirties and from 'Poland' - she does live NEAR the border with Poland ..is in her later forties ..  but worth checking out..

Shall I get her to join your site, Steve ? ;)

We only have real women and I have no need to fiddle the join dates .. they are joining non stop all day  ;D

Bride.ru was the best place many years ago.. Rbrides,,was also a good little site years back.. same story there.. fakes fakes fakes..

Registration