The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Fighting the Scammers and safe Dating Tips..  (Read 12156 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Fighting the Scammers and safe Dating Tips..
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2018, 02:33:08 PM »
inbox.ru.  its the worst of the lot.. I can tell you for 100% that EVERY women under 30 using inbox.ru is a scammer of fake..

I'll disagree with this.

inbox.ru can only be the "worst of the lot" as its so prolific. My wife had when I met her (and still does) an inbox.ru account. Even I have one.  :chuckle:

inbox.ru is scammy in the same way gmail is scammy because it is prolific in the west (ie - not at all).

If you had a western dating site, many of your clients would arrive using gmail addresses. If some then turned out to be scammers, one cannot attribute the gmail as a factor.

It may be the case that bk.ru and list.ru were domains we saw most in the 00s, but inbox.ru and mail.ru we see daily.

Also if I am setting up a new email with mail.ru or a subsidiary, I may want to choose my name. As it goes, I got my name with mail.ru as its not popular in the Russian speaking world, but imagine if you are called Olga S? You might be offered olgas16784562373518936745@ at mail.ru but olga252525 at inbox.ru.

23,000 Registrations in 12 months of those 528 were inbox.ru ...

2.3%.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2018, 04:15:39 AM »
Scammer Grammer..

"Bless" Its a popular African word used.. of course some women will say "God bless you" but very rarely , generally it means it is some African women pretending to be Tatiana ..
There are a fair few African words to catch them out along with passwords which 90% of the time will be something like  "God is good" "Good is god" or a Nigerian
football player..

Most African scammers come from Accra in Ghana.. just a small group of them all sat in a mud hut using same passwords, mails and names so easy to catch them.. :smokin:

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2018, 09:02:41 AM »
Scammer Grammer..

"Bless" Its a popular African word used.. of course some women will say "God bless you" but very rarely , generally it means it is some African women pretending to be Tatiana ..
There are a fair few African words to catch them out along with passwords which 90% of the time will be something like  "God is good" "Good is god" or a Nigerian
football player..

Most African scammers come from Accra in Ghana.. just a small group of them all sat in a mud hut using same passwords, mails and names so easy to catch them.. :smokin:

Sorry to disappoint Steve most of the Nigerian scammers have moved to Amsterdam and are living in one district called the Bijlmermeer. It is best know by the fact the El-Al parked a plane there decades ago.

There was long ago an article I want to say in 'De Telegraaf' abut the culture, it was an amusing read into the culture of scamming.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2018, 09:16:49 AM »
It is rather unlikely that 'most' scammers using variations of the Nigerian scam have moved to the Netherlands. It is most unlikely that some have not done so.

Chances are that Steve has some documentary evidence from his own system that inform his insight.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online AvHdB

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2018, 09:23:02 AM »
It is rather unlikely that 'most' scammers using variations of the Nigerian scam have moved to the Netherlands. It is most unlikely that some have not done so.

Chances are that Steve has some documentary evidence from his own system that inform his insight.

Perhaps you wish to correct your double negative.

You could be correct though, I recall reading the article in the 90's and I suspect scammers of one form or the other have multiplied. It seemed that in Amsterdam there was a large concentration of Nigerian immigrants in this neighborhood. They had decent cars and were computer savvy in the early days of the internet.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2018, 02:14:32 PM »
Scammer Grammer..

football player..

Sorry to disappoint Steve most of the Nigerian scammers have moved to Amsterdam and are living in one district called the Bijlmermeer. It is best know by the fact the El-Al parked a plane there decades ago.

There was long ago an article I want to say in 'De Telegraaf' abut the culture, it was an amusing read into the culture of scamming.

Probably when I say Nigerian I am referring to Ghana .. I have known the lot in Ghana for about 10 years , they use same credentials over and over again.. they even use mail.ru accounts now and use translated Russian... :laugh:

I even spoke to these guys several times so they have pretty well given up registering as "major" this or "major" that , then using a stolen credit card for access..
but every year or so they try again and I have to remind them..you will find these guys from Ghana on nearly all web sites .. I think they operate all from the same mud hut, a little like one of the boiler room share operations..all sat there on lots of PC's probably even got a sales board up on the wall..

Nigerians are still coming from Nigeria but yes for 100% now its common for them to come from all over Europe especially women..

Its big business to scam Russian women just like many women in the West many are only to happy to send money to some  idiot pretending to be stuck in Afghanistan ..

Had a fair few say they are coming to kill me.. Im still waiting  ;D

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2018, 02:09:59 AM »
Women members are just as important as the guys and also need total protection from Scammers..

As I said before its as easy as 1/2/3 to keep them on the site most are so stupid they do not even realise it..

Heres an example..

James from the USA.. He changed his country to USA after registration so flagged up immediately in security..

Password is always easy to spot..

Ogunsola.  Google search : Ogunsola

Profile bio . 99.00% of Scammers Just happen to  have a Military occupation  :laugh:  The second they update their occupation as Military they are flagged up in security ..

You will find these scammers on nearly every FSU dating site and I have no idea why site owners make little effort to remove them..

There are many forums in Russia about African scammers its big problem for the women..

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2018, 04:57:12 PM »
Scamming is an equal opportunity activity.  The common appearance of it involves desperation and looking for help from as many "suckers" as possible.   (:)
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2018, 01:51:32 AM »
Scamming is an equal opportunity activity.  The common appearance of it involves desperation and looking for help from as many "suckers" as possible.   (:)

Its big business! Ukraine is full of women who own several apartments have the nice car, cash under the pillow and so on...

As I said before all use the same kind of password related to work..

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2018, 06:50:29 AM »
If anything like myself, the use of passwords/usernames is a handy way to identify the project and/or persona. It is kinda cool that Steve's system includes this idea and is set to flag and filter potential miscreants.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2018, 10:28:19 AM »
Here is the same women/man/it again same password related to work as above..

Just she dyed her hair this time and put a bit of weight on.. :laugh:

Actually these women are so dumb it makes you wonder how any guys even fall for their stories...

There are literally hundreds every week , as soon as they know they can gain access to work on your web site they infest it!!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2018, 05:54:21 AM »
Corny messages...

Here is a typical Corny message ... but the funny thing is many guys will reply to such garbage..

I feel my life will change soon and I am ready for it.      :ROFL:

I want to trust my man I want to end this search and begin the whole dream.   .. :ROFL:

just let me know and we will start to change this life together. .    :chuckle:

So 5 mins after being suspended as usual the cheeky buggers will try to complain... :laugh:

Message from user Екатерина (64439)
Email: chemodanova.050395@gmail.com
Subject: Suspended
Message: Почему мой профиль заблокирован? Мой аккаунт и фото настоящие. могу прислать фото паспорта! Мне на имеил приходят уведомления с сайта, что на мою анкету приходят письма. Объясните пожалуйста причину и восстановите мою анкету

Online AvHdB

« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2018, 06:02:15 AM »
I looked through my junk mail and the most recent post is below. Sorry but if a man can not understand this, there is no hope. NO I did not send a reply. Normally I would not divulge/share an e.Mail address but I will make an exception in this case.

On Aug 30, 2018, at 8:56 PM, Beautyk Mex <takanorosewk24@sweet.ocn.ne.jp> wrote:

Salut man Thanks a whole lot for your e mail. I became extremely stunned and pleased to receive a letter back from you actually. Sorry for delay. i don't frequently use that email. I accidentally made the decision to check my email box and was pleasantly surprised to receive the mail. I use the other address and also i use it to talk to my close friends. I am going to send you a detailed letter via this email so you'll know. Anyways, I do wish that you are going to forgive me for this and answer back to me as soon as possible. I truly want to get to know u more. Therefore i'm convinced there is a lot of interesting stuff we can uncover concerning each other. I promised to mail you my photo and so Im attaching it here. Allow me to tell you a lot more regarding me personally in my following letter and i will send it from my main mail address, I will wait impatiently for your personal reply. I wish u excellent daytime!!! Take care. PS If you enjoyed my picture you happen to be stillinterested, write me quickly

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2018, 05:28:21 PM »
i don't frequently use that email.

This is often a classic line provided by fake profiles and people impersonating the photo (such as someone writing from Africa).  There is often an excuse that they do not go to the dating site very often to check their messages.  It is usually a ruse to direct their "targets" to use a one on one mode of communication so they can then send their "personal" letters with all of the other "pilfered" photos to send to you.

P.S.  I have noticed that the sending address is from a Japan server with most of the spam messages.  The reply to address is NEVER directed to the Japan server address seen on the message header.  Gmail flags all of these message headers as junk mail.   :'(
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2018, 03:09:12 AM »
Still trying to figure out if this a fake or real passport from member wanting to be verified..  :laugh:

Offline SL0413

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2018, 07:07:03 PM »
PS If you enjoyed my picture you happen to be stillinterested, write me quickly

How fast did you write "me"?  I think my best is about 0.5 second.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2018, 08:24:03 AM »
Odessa Gold diggers...

Many dating sites are plagued with kind of lone wolf scammers, they work on their own or with a couple of friends, usually one JUST happens to be a Taxi driver  :chuckle:  One will JUST happen to have a. cheap apartment, one will JUST happen to be a translator and so on, basically it means they will extract every penny from your wallet..

No money = no honey in Odessa ..

Here is a typical scammer who soon looses interest once she learns the guy is on a pension.. :laugh:

:ROFL:

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2018, 02:43:03 AM »
That looks like a certain member here we all love.