The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Hello From Texas  (Read 3037 times)

Offline bostonphil

• Spouses Country: N/A
  • Trips: None Yet
Hello From Texas
« on: August 10, 2018, 05:42:45 AM »
I have discovered this site while seeking news from Moscow and St Petersburg. 

I am a senior citizen who has lived in Austin, Texas since 1972. I was born in Boston, Massachusetts and went out to California at 18 before moving to Austin.

My ancestry is Russian and Poland / Eastern European. My maternal grandparents escaped from Russia just before the Revolution. My paternal grandparents came from the Poland area way way back.

I will be visiting St Petersburg on a cruise Fall 2019, my first time in Russia. Very excited. I chose this cruise because I have wanted to visit Russia. It is the typical Baltic cruise. I will be sailing from Copenhagen and going to Berlin, Talin, St. Petersburg, Helsinki and Stockholm.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Hello From Texas
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 05:53:30 AM »
Welcome to RUA.

There are is allot of good information in the travel and cities sections of RUA. Feel free to ask questions and after your trip share your impressions.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Texan77

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 02:36:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 01:11:00 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Bostonphil

Hope the autumnal northerly winds haven't cut in - as you;'ll have to wrap up ,well and the ladies will be hidden in layers of clothing :))

There'll be plenty of  beautiful architecture to see ....the Hermitage in St .Petersburg is a must - even if you didn't think you were into art
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 09:58:42 AM »
Welcome to the site, Phil. There is lots of info here especially hidden away in the archives.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Luda

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 11:44:25 AM »
Hello from Kiev