The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: STUDY: Online daters aim 'out of their league'  (Read 1437 times)

Offline 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
STUDY: Online daters aim 'out of their league'
« on: August 09, 2018, 11:10:50 AM »
STUDY: Online daters aim 'out of their league' (both men and women)

"Most people who use online dating websites seek partners who are out of their league, said a study Wednesday based on heterosexuals in four big US cities.

"Both men and women pursued partners about 25 percent more 'desirable' than themselves," said the report in the journal Science Advances."

http://www.france24.com/en/20180808-online-daters-aim-out-league-says-study

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Manny

• Trips: 20+
Re: STUDY: Online daters aim 'out of their league'
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 01:33:59 PM »
Wasn't my experience in UK online dating.

Women tended to flock to blokes who seem to to tick boxes, most of which seemed to be financial and the perception of reliable, security, etc. Nest-making really as you might expect. To be fair, I met some pretty nice-looking women online dating in the UK. The odd one made it into the the finals to be the future Mrs Manny. Most had significant baggage though.

Blokes maybe - we are more visual. Blokes want a hot-looking woman who isn't 20 stone in weight, with half a brain, who can cook and do domestic stuff and isnt too neurotic or argumentative for no reason. Doesn't seem too much to ask, but not as easy as you might hope to find. Well, there was so much competition for the slim ones here that they all had princess syndrome. The overweight ones didn't think they were, but still had a tick list so long they just end up with many cats and no bloke.

Russia on the other hand, claimed (if sites were to be believed) to have a surplus of hot-looking, educated women who aren't 20 stone in weight, who can cook and do domestic stuff and aren't too neurotic or argumentative for no reason. So I went to have a look out there to see if the grass was greener. And it was.  :king:

Your mileage may vary.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 02:14:41 PM »
STUDY: Online daters aim 'out of their league' (both men and women)

"Most people who use online dating websites seek partners who are out of their league, said a study Wednesday based on heterosexuals in four big US cities.

"Both men and women pursued partners about 25 percent more 'desirable' than themselves," said the report in the journal Science Advances."

http://www.france24.com/en/20180808-online-daters-aim-out-league-says-study

Oh well, in that case I better stop wasting my time and just settle for one of the many 300-pound blimps within 50 miles of me.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 08:20:16 PM »
Oh well, in that case I better stop wasting my time and just settle for one of the many 300-pound blimps within 50 miles of me.

No need to do that what's next joining the pride parade?

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 08:34:49 PM »

No need to do that what's next joining the pride parade?

Yep. Stocking on my wang and sparklers in hand!  :laugh:

Nah man, I'll be alone before I'll date an elephant. Don't want to wake up crushed now, do I.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 08:35:11 PM »

I did fine dating in the USA. I had to date a couple years
older but I've never really had a problem convincing
somebody to go out with me.

Baggage and strange hangups from old boy-friends of
past lives was very common. A good looking woman
that had three kids from 4 different men was an every
day occurrence.

They have cRaZy girls in the FSU, but it's not half or
even a third of what they do here and NONE of them
take a handful of brain chemistry altering pharmaceuticals
to stay semi-sane.

Russia on the other hand, claimed (if sites were to be believed) to have a surplus of hot-looking, educated women who aren't 20 stone in weight, who can cook and do domestic stuff and aren't too neurotic or argumentative for no reason. So I went to have a look out there to see if the grass was greener. And it was.  :king:

Your mileage may vary.

Russia has a surplus of mostly normal women who keep
themselves thin and like being feminine. A normal guy with
average or better interpersonal skills can find one for sure.

Offline Texan77

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 08:54:22 PM »
Girls in the USA seem to love men who know how to manipulate them and then can not understand why they got screwed and left.   :GRRRR:
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 11:52:35 PM »
No one is 'out of my league'...  if she fancies me and I her ...it's a silly expression - normally put about by envious people
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2018, 02:04:23 AM »
Online "dating" sites are really just the commodification of the dating market in the same way that other online retailers have commodified...everything else.

People are used to getting *exactly* what they want, within 48 hours, from Amazon, and so apply this to dating...and men quite naturally swing for the fences, as we are the gender that "initiates" so taking a shotgun approach is quite natural...and online dating, in terms of the numbers, creates a "target rich" environment.  So instead of having to go outside and meet women organically, which takes time and limits one to what is in the immediate vicinity, one is presented with a variety of low-attachment possibilities, and people being people, they pay their nickel and they take their shot.

Personally, I prefer operating in "three dimensions."

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2018, 02:23:50 AM »
Online "dating" sites are really just the commodification of the dating market in the same way that other online retailers have commodified...everything else.

People are used to getting *exactly* what they want, within 48 hours, from Amazon, and so apply this to dating...and men quite naturally swing for the fences, as we are the gender that "initiates" so taking a shotgun approach is quite natural...and online dating, in terms of the numbers, creates a "target rich" environment.  So instead of having to go outside and meet women organically, which takes time and limits one to what is in the immediate vicinity, one is presented with a variety of low-attachment possibilities, and people being people, they pay their nickel and they take their shot.

B/B

People are used to getting *exactly* what they want, within 48 hours, from Amazon, and so apply this to dating.

NOT if your looking for a beauty from the FSU countries Very very few get exactly what they want in fact 0.05%.. so very different from shopping at Amazon ..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2018, 10:00:22 AM »

B/B

People are used to getting *exactly* what they want, within 48 hours, from Amazon, and so apply this to dating.

NOT if your looking for a beauty from the FSU countries Very very few get exactly what they want in fact 0.05%.. so very different from shopping at Amazon ..

**WHOOSH** and Steve completely misses the point....

I'm talking about the *mind set*, not the result. 

B/B
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2018, 12:34:53 PM »

Men want the Amazon experience but we know that's not how it works.

First a guy has to be relatively normal and second a guy has to get on a plane.
85% don't do the second and maybe a third of those left are normal.

100% subtract 85% leaves 15%
15% times 1/3 leaves 5%

Then there is the fact that it rarely works the first time. Of those 5% what
percentage will go a second time or a third time or a fourth time to find the
right girl? A small percentage indeed.

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2018, 12:41:17 PM »
I'm talking about the *mind set*, not the result. 

B/B

Warning baseball analogy coming.

Exactly, that's why men swing for the fences on deck but then rarely
actually step up to the plate where the real pitches are coming from.

The beauty queen will need to get kissed by somebody, I always
thought that it should be me who did it.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2018, 12:44:24 PM »

15% times 1/3 leaves 5%

That is about it :)

Offline leslied

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2018, 02:44:00 PM »

15% times 1/3 leaves 5%

And it was ever thus  ;D

Realistic expectations + Persistence = success

I reckon about 2 - 3% build successful marriages  and that figure has not changed in the last 20 years.

Many members say it is more difficult now.  Well the fun times of the AFA parties are long gone. 

However I don't think the the situation is much different now in Ukraine than it was 20 years ago.  The people are poorer now than they were 20 years ago so the prime driver of "a better life" is alive and well. 

Young Turkish waiters and hotel workers are still "pulling" and marrying good looking Russian and Ukrainian girls, so I don't believe it is very much harder now.  :thumbsup:

Offline Manny

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2018, 03:10:12 PM »

I did fine dating in the USA. I had to date a couple years
older but I've never really had a problem convincing
somebody to go out with me.

Baggage and strange hangups from old boy-friends of
past lives was very common. A good looking woman
that had three kids from 4 different men was an every
day occurrence.

They have cRaZy girls in the FSU, but it's not half or
even a third of what they do here and NONE of them
take a handful of brain chemistry altering pharmaceuticals
to stay semi-sane.

Your mileage may vary.

Russia has a surplus of mostly normal women who keep
themselves thin and like being feminine. A normal guy with
average or better interpersonal skills can find one for sure.

One of the things I loved about my wife when I first met her was she had no baggage to speak of. Or if she did, she dealt with it. We got the odd old boyfriend who tried to re-establish himself via social media occasionally. But they soon melted away.

Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2018, 04:10:24 PM »
Young Turkish waiters and hotel workers are still "pulling" and marrying good looking Russian and Ukrainian girls, so I don't believe it is very much harder now.  :thumbsup:

I have it on strong authority that middle-aged American attorneys who know what they're about can pull, also.  :chuckle:

Really, if you qualify as a "normal" and understand how to go about things, you can do quite well in the East. OTOH, if you are a middling guy with limited social skills and no Russian, Sexy Sveta will NOT be taking up residence in your trailer park....

B/B

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2018, 05:46:59 PM »

15% times 1/3 leaves 5%

On a normal curve distribution scale in statistics, 5% is the amount outside of the normal sample.  That means that 5% is abnormal.  Meaning that finding the right girl is a fluke.   :chuckle:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2018, 02:52:11 AM »

I have it on strong authority that middle-aged American attorneys who know what they're about can pull, also.  :chuckle:

Really, if you qualify as a "normal" and understand how to go about things, you can do quite well in the East. OTOH, if you are a middling guy with limited social skills and no Russian, Sexy Sveta will NOT be taking up residence in your trailer park....

B/B

Im just curious are you married ? Or just some kind of stud ? :laugh: