Information & Chat > The Expatriate Life: Living in the FSU, Asia or Elsewhere

Allegation of Theft of Bank Deposits in Russia

(1/3) > >>

Manny:
We have a new member Penfold, who appears to be located in Russia; I assume an expat. He hasn't introduced himself as such (not that we insist on that) but on one of the two posts he has made, he made an interesting allegation about his own experiences:

--- Quote from: penfold07 on August 07, 2018, 10:15:32 PM ---1. Theft of deposits by (multiple) banks.

--- End quote ---

I'd like to welcome Penfold to the forum and ask him if he might expand on this and hopefully name the banks concerned.

AvHdB:

--- Quote from: Manny on August 08, 2018, 01:03:15 PM ---We have a new member Penfold, who appears to be located in Russia; I assume an expat. He hasn't introduced himself as such (not that we insist on that) but on one of the two posts he has made, he made an interesting allegation about his own experiences:

--- Quote from: penfold07 on August 07, 2018, 10:15:32 PM ---1. Theft of deposits by (multiple) banks.

--- End quote ---

I'd like to welcome Penfold to the forum and ask him if he might expand on this and hopefully name the banks concerned.

--- End quote ---

While cartons, except the occasional political one, are not my thing is the sidekick of Mighty Mouse, Penfold a gerbil or squirrel. Mighty Mouse was a popular child's carton series from the 80's I think.

Manny:

--- Quote from: AvHdB on August 08, 2018, 01:28:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: Manny on August 08, 2018, 01:03:15 PM ---We have a new member Penfold, who appears to be located in Russia; I assume an expat. He hasn't introduced himself as such (not that we insist on that) but on one of the two posts he has made, he made an interesting allegation about his own experiences:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

While cartons, except the occasional political one, are not my thing is the sidekick of Mighty Mouse, Penfold a gerbil or squirrel. Mighty Mouse was a popular child's carton series from the 80's I think.

--- End quote ---

I think you mean Danger Mouse's sidekick, Penfold. That is likely where he found the name, indeed. Not that it's especially germane to the topic mind you.........

AvHdB:

--- Quote from: Manny on August 08, 2018, 01:38:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: AvHdB on August 08, 2018, 01:28:01 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I think you mean Danger Mouse's sidekick, Penfold. That is likely where he found the name, indeed.

--- End quote ---

My excuses!  :bow:

Glad to see you are on the up and up with cartons. Now if only we could get some other posters to this same level. From there we could move onto political discussions.

penfold07:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

For two of the three they are not allegations since we went to court and had the matter  judged in our favour.
These were for OTP and Sverbank.
Sverbank in particular was a hard fight to win.

I have since been in discussion with someone  who works for the European part of Sverbank and he did not seem particularly surprised because we live in the regions. For large companies and government the regions tend to act like small feifdoms and do their own thing.

The third bank I will not name directly as to do so could actually be dangerous. But it was not  a bank retail customers  normally deal with. The money  from there was not actually stolen by the bank itself but third parties.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version