The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Mars  (Read 107 times)

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Mars
« on: August 05, 2018, 02:41:49 PM »
I guess no one has looked up to the sky to see the planet Mars shinning away over the last few days..

https://mars.nasa.gov/allaboutmars/nightsky/mars-close-approach/
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Mars
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 05:10:42 PM »
Yes noticed. The moon a couple days ago was also quite large.

Now if you had a way to ship some posters to either that would be remarkable. How about Moby and Wiz together for a trial run?
BTW I’m looking forward to the next Civil War in the USA

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 07:48:04 PM »
Yes noticed. The moon a couple days ago was also quite large.

Now if you had a way to ship some posters to either that would be remarkable. How about Moby and Wiz together for a trial run?

I can think of someone else better.. :laugh:

Online Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 08:06:11 PM »
Yes, this has indeed been a stunning opposition. Dad and I were granted some superb views of the red planet a few evenings ago via our Celestron telescope. We live back a ways from the street lights so our back porch provides a great place to star gaze. At one point we did encounter a bit of cloud obscuration, though thankfully a stiff breeze moved them along. Closest Mars has been since '03.

When I was a young fellow I would look up at the night sky with awe, wonder, excitement and curiosity. Now I mostly feel melancholy at the awareness of my insignificance to the universe.
Just a swanky P.A. yankee with a can-do attitude!

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 11:49:54 PM »
The Moon and Mars,

Mars is the smaller worm

Mobile phones when set to long aperture opening times produce 'interesting' results

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 12:13:55 AM »
Yes, this has indeed been a stunning opposition. Dad and I were granted some superb views of the red planet a few evenings ago via our Celestron telescope. We live back a ways from the street lights so our back porch provides a great place to star gaze. At one point we did encounter a bit of cloud obscuration, though thankfully a stiff breeze moved them along. Closest Mars has been since '03.

When I was a young fellow I would look up at the night sky with awe, wonder, excitement and curiosity. Now I mostly feel melancholy at the awareness of my insignificance to the universe.

:thumbsup: