The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Life in Russia - Locals and Visitors Discuss  (Read 7488 times)

Online rosco

• Trips: 10-20
Re: Life in Russia - Locals and Visitors Discuss
« Reply #630 on: August 25, 2018, 05:27:27 AM »
Moby, I don't know if you are aware of the following: the UK pound sterling and the euro are not the same thing. For this reason they have different exchange rates against each other and other currencies.

:'(

More than happy to concede I was inattentive and crap eyesight

You should try acknowledging your ( frequent ) errors, too - that IS honesty ...

Are you talking to yourself again Mobs?

Online Wiz

• Greek Home Cookery
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #631 on: August 26, 2018, 03:45:30 AM »
Moby, I don't know if you are aware of the following: the UK pound sterling and the euro are not the same thing. For this reason they have different exchange rates against each other and other currencies.

:'(

More than happy to concede I was inattentive and crap eyesight

You should try acknowledging your ( frequent ) errors, too - that IS honesty ...

Moby has acquired the typical reply of all  Russian women, when you point out a mistake  or dare to criticize them!

WHAT ABOUT YOU ?

"You should try acknowledging your ( frequent ) errors, too "

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
"If you enjoy eating healthy food, visit: www.greekcooking.uk

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #632 on: August 26, 2018, 04:29:42 AM »
More Moby dishonesty. As it happens I had, a couple of days ago, acknowledged an error I made in respect of some twaddle he had posted.

Moby appears to be engaged in projection, a state where a person projects upon others the shortcomings that actually apply to themselves.

That's something that we can see a lot in the United States right now.
"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Online msmoby

« Reply #633 on: August 26, 2018, 09:27:52 AM »

Moby has acquired the typical reply of all  Russian women, when you point out a mistake  or dare to criticize them!

It's criticise in UK English and if you cannot understand "More than happy to concede I was inattentive and crap eyesight " ...  back to school, for you..

More Moby dishonesty.

How CAN an admitted mistake be dishonest ? ..Only in your world ...

As I said ... you might like to try fessing up to your frequents howlers and deliberate dishonesty ... You post bollox about folks lives with (near) impunity on here.....  I missed where you conceded that Russian Paypal users ( Dollar denominations )  CAN and DO exchange monies - within Russia - and the money ends up in the bank as Roubles ... something you told us was 'illegal'  :chuckle:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #634 on: August 30, 2018, 02:45:19 PM »
A while back we had some posts about the Russian government plan to change the pension system in Russia. At the time I said that the initial announcement would be the opening round of a negotiation process between the government and citizens. Today I have been proven to be a good prognosticator.

Putin, today addressed the nation and told them that the program proposals were to be modified, taking on points raised by the people and opposition.

I have only seen the precis offered by RT at this time but it is clear that the negotiations are fully under way: https://www.rt.com/politics/437112-putin-on-changes-in-russian/

What I saw seems to be sensible and reassuring.
"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Online Wiz

• Greek Home Cookery
« Reply #635 on: August 30, 2018, 04:36:18 PM »

It's criticise in UK English and if you cannot understand "More than happy to concede I was inattentive and crap eyesight " ...  back to school, for you..

I don't need glasses to read, like you admitted for your self but I was referring to the last part of your post, which obviously in your usual style deliberately ignored ..... proving my point!:

Please put your glasses on before reading further!

"Moby has acquired the typical reply of all  Russian women, when you point out a mistake  or dare to criticise them!

WHAT ABOUT YOU ?

"You should try acknowledging your ( frequent ) errors, too "

"If you enjoy eating healthy food, visit: www.greekcooking.uk