The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Greetings from Moscow  (Read 3128 times)

Offline IvanMNG

• All about Russia: women, life & language
Greetings from Moscow
« on: July 29, 2018, 01:16:43 PM »
Hi all,

I've been an on and off Reader of this forum so figured I might as well sign up and contribute some value to it.

I'm originally from Germany but having lived in Russia for over 3 years now, I figure I can help some guys here with my knowledge.

Glad to be on board  :thumbsup:

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: Greetings from Moscow
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 02:06:45 PM »
Welcome to RUA!
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline Seasoned

• http://www.russian4bride.com
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 07:31:06 PM »
Welcome  :party0011:
https://www.russian4bride.com - Russian and Ukrainian dating

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 08:55:21 PM »
Wilkommen und danke! 

What do you do for a living if I may ask. 

Can you tell us a bit about how the move and the transition was.  Do you speak Russian?  Was it relatively straightforward as far as paperwork, housing, language, employment? 

I think Russia is a great place to live. 

Offline IvanMNG

• All about Russia: women, life & language
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 03:30:42 AM »
Sure thing, I’m a German and English private tutor. I’m building a business on the side as well since I don’t want to be stuck in teaching forever.

I came as a student and happened to return later to work for a start-up which didn’t satisfy me. That’s how I got into teaching. More by necessity than by choice. I’m good with languages and I’m good with people though, so it seems like a decent stepping stone. I’ll drop a post with tips and my personal experience about that at some point in the future.

For me, the transition was very easy. I was used to being abroad even before I came to Russia and had no problems blending in. I speak fluent Russian as well. Housing is pretty easy to get in Moscow. Paperwork and especially visa issues are a nuisance to say the least. But it’s all solvable if you really want to follow through with it.

Overall Moscow is great even though it drives me crazy at times. I’d not want to trade it for something else though. At the moment.

Offline Ангелина1234Т

• Spouses Country: Украина
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 11:55:52 AM »
I welcome you. It will be very interesting to read this article.
This Is Moscow! It drives everyone crazy. You will either lose it or be won over by it.
I am sure that a person who is well versed in people and languages will be able to conquer Moscow.

Registration