The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The grass is no longer green on the other side..  (Read 3325 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
The grass is no longer green on the other side..
« on: July 23, 2018, 02:45:18 AM »
The grass is no longer green on the other side for todays Russian women...in fact the grass is dead ..

For example can anyone possibly think of why any young modern Russian women would have any desire to leave her home country to relocate in Sweden??

There can be only four scenarios why a women would..

1. The guy has a huge wallet.. so she will be well looked after..

2. The women is absolutely desperate.. (not so common now, women are not so stupid)

3. True love..( Its not so easy to find at home , so certainly in another country its even harder)

4. The women has a fetish for living amongst refugees..

The same applies to many other countries now. very different from just 10 years ago or even just a few years ago. Probably many guys who met their wives 10 years ago would be in a very different situation today if they decided to search for a partner today ..

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Steamer

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1-5
Re: The grass is no longer green on the other side..
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 07:22:09 AM »

For example can anyone possibly think of why any young modern Russian women would have any desire to leave her home country to relocate in Sweden??

Women with children will consider what the future looks like for their kids.
Will they have to fight in some stupid war? What are the economic prospects for them? Will they be able to help mom in her old age?
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I've never seen a winner that didn't bet

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 07:34:03 AM »

Women with children will consider what the future looks like for their kids.
Will they have to fight in some stupid war? What are the economic prospects for them? Will they be able to help mom in her old age?

Good point!! All the more reason why women with kids will not be in such a Rush to leave Russia today..for many reasons..

1. Do they want their kids to go to a school where their child will probably be the only white kid there! (Don't get me wrong Im not saying there is any thing wrong with kids from other backgrounds)

2. Do they want to send their kids to a school where they is a good chance that kid will be subjected to violence and even a chance of getting his head blown off.. its not so uncommon in the US ?

3. Do they want their kids to go to a school where kids commonly attack the teachers and call them every F word you can think of?

My wife certainly would never want her kids to go to any school in the UK especially the likes of London..

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 07:49:54 AM »
Are you bored today or is business on a downturn?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 07:52:34 AM »

No business roaring away.. Bored? Well not bored, but sat in front of the screen all day its some thing to do.. :laugh:

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 08:22:35 AM »

No business roaring away.. Bored? Well not bored, but sat in front of the screen all day its some thing to do.. :laugh:

In other words.....you’re bored.

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 11:21:02 AM »
2. Do they want to send their kids to a school where they is a good chance that kid will be subjected to violence and even a chance of getting his head blown off.. its not so uncommon in the US ?

Don't forget about buckets!!!!

Analysis of Consumer Product Safety Commission data revealed 160 bucket
related drownings for the years 1984 through 1989, representing a mortality
rate of 0.367 per 100 000 persons (younger than 2 years old) per year in
the United States.

The day that the socially clueless could go to the FSU wave around his
blue passport and getting buried under a barrage of sexy laced silk
panties is gone (if it ever existed). 

However, if a relatively normal guy seeks out a decent looking FSUW,
woo's her and wins her heart then that is quite a different story. Before
I met Angel Eyes one of the girls I knew from Kiev followed her Bo to
Kabul!

He was a contractor and made a decent amount of coin providing
various services for the troops there. Of course it was temporary
but find the right girl and she will tromp around the world to be
with you.

My Angel Eyes followed me to North Dakota, which is probably the
harshest place to live in the lower 48 states.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 01:41:52 AM »

In other words.....you’re bored.

Some times I get a little bored.. watched about 4000 movies in the last few years , usually 1/2 a day.. then get into some series and sometimes I just think "Christ whats ***** can I post some where"  :laugh:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 08:49:02 AM »
The grass is no longer green on the other side for todays Russian women...in fact the grass is dead ..

There can be only four scenarios why a women would..

1. The guy has a huge wallet.. so she will be well looked after..

2. The women is absolutely desperate.. (not so common now, women are not so stupid)

3. True love..( Its not so easy to find at home , so certainly in another country its even harder)

4. The women has a fetish for living amongst refugees..

The same applies to many other countries now. very different from just 10 years ago or even just a few years ago. Probably many guys who met their wives 10 years ago would be in a very different situation today if they decided to search for a partner today ..

Thinking of upsetting more potential clients, Steveboy ?  :chuckle:

Funnily enough a Belrusian lady I talked with about six years ago - left and married a Norwegian - the Norwegians are more racist than their neighbours..Then there's the lady from central Russia who's married a German - as has a Ukrainian  lady I chatted with.

Could there be another factor you've missed ?

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 01:36:57 PM »
the Norwegians are more racist than their neighbours..

In Moby-WorldTM, "racist" means not wanting to be the last bloke in your street speaking English, not wanting to hear a call to prayer in Scandinavia and not being too fond of the idea of your children being groomed and/or gang raped by Muslims.

Naturally, Moby personally knows 471 Muslims in Norway who all came on the "refugee" boat, who now speak fluent Norwegian, English and Latin and not only earn four times the national average but also read the Guardian. He speaks with them in Urdu, naturally.  :ROFL:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 09:36:14 AM »
Exceptions do not prove a rule. There's always exceptions.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 10:16:32 AM »
the Norwegians are more racist than their neighbours..

In Moby-WorldTM, "racist" means not wanting to be the last bloke in your street speaking English, not wanting to hear a call to prayer in Scandinavia and not being too fond of the idea of your children being groomed and/or gang raped by Muslims.

Naturally, Moby personally knows 471 Muslims in Norway who all came on the "refugee" boat, who now speak fluent Norwegian, English and Latin and not only earn four times the national average but also read the Guardian. He speaks with them in Urdu, naturally.  :ROFL:

:laugh:

Moby said “ray-sist”! It almost sounds like resist, the siren call of the losers over here in the USA.

Will you be donning a pink knit hat Moby?

The U.K. Police have been busy monitoring social media and arresting people for “offensive” language and jokes.

Too bad the leftist PC commies don’t actually believe in equality, because if they did that mayor of London Khan would have been arrested for his offensive balloon.

Orwell’s 1984 totalitarian society didn’t happen on schedule, but it is indeed happening all over Western Europe.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 11:37:21 PM »

Manny, I believe you last trip to 'the north' was a quick trip to Finland to see Santa ... 

Unlike you, I do go to all three countries  - regularly

Why do you post exaggerated bollox about immigration ? Did you bother to check the percentages of immigrants v the population ?

Offline Manny

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2018, 02:18:45 PM »

Unlike you, I do go to all three countries  - regularly

Man, you are sooooooooooo predictable. I could almost mime it with you. Alan Whicker had nowt on you. :chuckle:

Why do you post exaggerated bollox about immigration ? Did you bother to check the percentages of immigrants v the population ?

Exaggerated bollox? Most people know much of Sweden is finished. It will be a Muslim nation before long. I suggest you follow >>this bloke<< on Twitter and learn something. A better use of your time than stalking my visits to Lapland.

I believe you last trip to 'the north' was a quick trip to Finland to see Santa ...

Perhaps you forgot I have property in the Baltics. 50m south of Helsinki, 490m south of the Arctic circle and 140m east of Sweden to save you checking. Please tell me more about my travels "north".  :coffeeread:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2018, 04:36:20 PM »

Man, you are sooooooooooo predictable. I could almost mime it with you. Alan Whicker had nowt on you. :chuckle:

Ah, that's it ...your riposte to ignorance  ...?

Exaggerated bollox? Most people know much of Sweden is finished. It will be a Muslim nation before long. I suggest you follow >>this bloke<< on Twitter and learn something. A better use of your time than stalking my visits to Lapland.

1/ YOU posted about taking your family to Lapland - we see another version of Manny' and how you define 'stalking', now  :chuckle:  Don't worry .. just because you choose to live in the same village as my family - who have lived there before you were born - I don't think you are stalking us :))

2/ I've been to Sweden lots and been to McDonalds where there are more migrants than locals ...You know what ?  They spoke in Swedish and English, were clean, well-dressed, friendly and business was booming... Whilst you would have felt 'uncomfortable' ..go figure...  Sweden is NOT becoming a Muslim country - you are full of it.

I believe you last trip to 'the north' was a quick trip to Finland to see Santa ...

Perhaps you forgot I have property in the Baltics. 50m south of Helsinki, 490m south of the Arctic circle and 140m east of Sweden to save you checking. Please tell me more about my travels "north".  :coffeeread:

Estonia is not Scandinavia or Finland  and most of us - including you - refer to it as 'eastern' - unless you are trying to 'out-fox' Moby   :chuckle:

You should be living there ..

Estonia among countries least accepting of migrants, survey shows

https://news.err.ee/614818/estonia-among-countries-least-accepting-of-migrants-survey-shows

I'm now up to 15 countries in the last six months  and it is much better to see with one's own eyes than be influenced by folks with agendas

Offline Manny

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2018, 09:22:10 AM »

2/ I've been to Sweden lots and been to McDonalds where there are more migrants than locals ...You know what ?  They spoke in Swedish and English, were clean, well-dressed, friendly and business was booming... Whilst you would have felt 'uncomfortable' ..go figure...  Sweden is NOT becoming a Muslim country - you are full of it.

As predicted.

Estonia is not Scandinavia or Finland  and most of us - including you - refer to it as 'eastern' - unless you are trying to 'out-fox' Moby   :chuckle:

For some years, Estonia has been pretending to be part of Scandinavia.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2018, 09:28:13 AM »
Gotta love a guy that deletes valid ripostes lest it embarrasses him

I expect you support banning the burka but would object to reading in The Sun that in Muslim nations brits holiday in - ladies were told to stop wearing bikinis ..

Offline Manny

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2018, 02:25:43 PM »

You embarrass yourself without my help.

I expect you support banning the burka

Of course. You probably want to make it compulsory in the UK.  (:)

but would object to reading in The Sun that in Muslim nations brits holiday in - ladies were told to stop wearing bikinis ..

Well, I don't read the Sun as you know. And personally I dont holiday in Muslim countries so if that happened I couldn't give a hoot either way. I try not to financially support the Muslims if I can help it, and that of course includes holidaying in their countries. But weren't you telling us only two days ago that Muslim countries are full of bacon butties and topless women? You as we know are a Muslim apologist, so any of your comments on Muslims on this site should be treated as pro-Muslim leftist propaganda by any right thinking passing readers.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2018, 02:34:26 PM »

but would object to reading in The Sun that in Muslim nations brits holiday in - ladies were told to stop wearing bikinis ..

Well, I don't read the Sun as you know. And personally I dont holiday in Muslim countries so if that happened I couldn't give a hoot either way. I try not to financially support the Muslims if I can help it, and that of course includes holidaying in their countries. But weren't you telling us only two days ago that Muslim countries are full of bacon butties and topless women? You as we know are a Muslim apologist, so any of your comments on Muslims on this site should be treated as pro-Muslim leftist propaganda by any right thinking passing readers.

if I can help it, and that of course includes holidaying in their countries.

We just returned from Istanbul its the last time for us also to any Muslim country..dont need bitches hissing at the wife cos she's in something to short..they are dam right rude and its the last time I sit in a hotel with nut case women lifting up some flap round their mouth to insert some scrambled eggs..
One of the kids found a note on the floor , she thought it was some lucky find. Unfortunately it was just a 100 something Pakistani note. I told her to wash her hands..

Offline Texan77

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2018, 08:03:03 PM »
I wrote a girl for a while in Turkey. She was a not a Muslim girl and said life for non Muslim had gotten much worse recently. If you want to know where to find a bride who wants to leave her country this maybe a good place.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2018, 11:39:22 PM »

Your 'riposte' doesn't deal with my point, though...

Your need to control 'fact' and allow folk to post bollox - rather than Moby pointing out their errors is approaching Goebbels like censorship

If you can't see that even folks with whom I have a VERY different outlook think you are 'mistaken'...more fool you

Typical puerile response..given my other half's tendency to wear less material ...  :coffeeread:

Well, I don't read the Sun as you know.

I know nothing of the sort - given your viewpoints - you come across as one ... It is amusing that you are upset at such a suggestion - given you tell everyone 'I read the Guardian'  :chuckle:

And personally I dont holiday in Muslim countries so if that happened I couldn't give a hoot either way. I try not to financially support the Muslims if I can help it, and that of course includes holidaying in their countries. But weren't you telling us only two days ago that Muslim countries are full of bacon butties and topless women? You as we know are a Muslim apologist, so any of your comments on Muslims on this site should be treated as pro-Muslim leftist propaganda by any right thinking passing readers.

Now, you prove inattentiveness...  My comparing a 'Burka' ban to a bikini ban was the perfect analogy ..

As you rightly point out - you won't go to 'Muslim countries' - so my analogy went over your head ..

The 'Muslim' countries we go to wouldn't dream of telling women how to dress - other than may be a Mosque ...

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2018, 11:45:03 PM »

We just returned from Istanbul its the last time for us also to any Muslim country..dont need bitches hissing at the wife cos she's in something to short..

Has Turkey got that bad, recently ?

We were there only a few weeks ago..... can't say we have experienced ANYTHING loike that in TR or the Northern part of Cyprus ...but then we go to the parts that value tourism and have seen what t can be like if they don't come

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2018, 09:02:23 AM »
This cannot be true??

https://sputniknews.com/society/201808061066979499-vehicle-residency-number-of-americans-living-in-cars-rises/

I thought everyone in the US lived in a semi with 4 bedrooms, a labrador the husband sees the kids off to school each day in the yellow school bus , then goes to work after saying "See you later honey". The wife spends the day gossiping , shopping and generally sitting at home doing nothing? Well I usually see this in the movies..

I can see why its seems so attractive to dumb ass women..

So do many live in cars and caravans? And if they do what does the wife do?   :laugh:

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2018, 10:22:09 AM »
And if they do what does the wife do?   

Make babies.

Though I suspect that many more today are forced out of proper housing. America sadly is becoming a nation of have and have nots. There are in different regions different forces. Some are simply the price to rent/own others the lack of anything to lodge in. The city where my brother has his business has eliminated some six hundred housing units (1950 style) and has created some three hundred new units. Go figure where are +/- 300 people now living?

To be clear we are not speaking of the 'flyovers' but rather those who attempt to live in coastal New England or coastal California. The greater issue if you leave these regions there are no jobs except perhaps plucking fruit.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2018, 10:27:52 AM »
This cannot be true??

https://sputniknews.com/society/201808061066979499-vehicle-residency-number-of-americans-living-in-cars-rises/

So do many live in cars and caravans? And if they do what does the wife do?   :laugh:

Enjoys the Winnebago as much as the hubbie ?

How do these stats differentiate from those who choose to travel in style and those living in a car

It's probably true of the UK, too

I wouldn't fancy trying it in most of Russia  - in winter - and mobile homes / caravans aren't as popular