The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Game Set and Match for RUSSIA by offering FREE VISA?  (Read 12510 times)

Offline Gipsy

Re: Game Set and Match for RUSSIA by offering FREE VISA?
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2018, 01:28:57 PM »
I 'see' ... and you have DIRECT experience of such matters ?

Yes

1/ We had guests in our apartments and it was OUR duty to register them if staying over 72 hours - even if Russian citizens from out of town

https://www.airbnbhell.com/airbnb-policy-violations-by-hosts-in-russia/
  -this article is incorrect in that Russians from another city had to register, too

There was, and is no requirement for Russian citizens to register within any such short period when visiting other cities for the world cup games no matter how long they stayed....We stayed in several cities for over your stated time period/ limit during the footy and I was the only one who the hotels registered....

2/ Father Sergey and Roman ( friends of mine )  have BOTH applied for international passports - to visit us in Cyprus - and were told that due to the exceptional regime in place for host cities - til July 25th )  the normal 30 day processing period was suspended

A very good friend/poker partner/player who is in an extremely senior position in one of the host cities, laughed at this when I asked him, and 2 weeks ago, I was in our local UFMS/Ovir/ or whatever you wish to name it, and the queue for passports was moving along at quiet a good speed.....so your friends have been flummoxed somewhat...

I'm REALLY surprised you did not know this

One would hope that you have he correct documentation to allow you to rent out your (read her) apartments, and that you (read her) are declaring this additional income in her annual Russian tax returns...

One could also ask as to how, your other half, can register guests in her apartment when she is out of the country...
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2018, 10:40:13 PM »

Yes

So, you weren't the host and wouldn't KNOW ..

Here's a link to the English version of the law that expires of the 25th July

It applies to RUSSIAN citizens, too

http://www.russiaknowledge.com/2018/05/16/registration-in-russia-for-all-football-fans-coming-to-the-world-cup/

So, if you stayed more than 72 hours in a third city - with FEW exceptions - ALL people - foreigners or not - had to be registered

One would hope that you have he correct documentation to allow you to rent out your (read her) apartments, and that you (read her) are declaring this additional income in her annual Russian tax returns...

and paying the local tourist tax...  'thanks' Gypo - unlike you - we DO know the rules

One could also ask as to how, your other half, can register guests in her apartment when she is out of the country...

Knowing the rules - a Doverennost was filed with kind friend Sergey - but luckily - the max we had was 2 continuous nights - although we had a Peruvian family come back = twice - staying with friends - as we had Uruguayans booked

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2018, 06:14:10 AM »
How interesting - you allow some of my posts through but seek to protect Gypo from his daftness - how VERY Soviet

Offline Manny

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2018, 02:10:10 PM »
How interesting - you allow some of my posts through but seek to protect Gypo from his daftness - how VERY Soviet

Feel free to donate £500 to the forum and we can have your posts checked for sanity the same day.  :coffeeread:

Meanwhile, why are you trolling this topic with off topic stuff?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2018, 03:05:34 PM »

Meanwhile, why are you trolling this topic with off topic stuff?

Old habits die hard!  :laugh:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2018, 12:44:27 PM »

Yes

So, you weren't the host and wouldn't KNOW ..

Here's a link to the English version of the law that expires of the 25th July

It applies to RUSSIAN citizens, too

http://www.russiaknowledge.com/2018/05/16/registration-in-russia-for-all-football-fans-coming-to-the-world-cup/

So, if you stayed more than 72 hours in a third city - with FEW exceptions - ALL people - foreigners or not - had to be registered

and paying the local tourist tax...  'thanks' Gypo - unlike you - we DO know the rules

Knowing the rules - a Doverennost was filed with kind friend Sergey - but luckily - the max we had was 2 continuous nights - although we had a Peruvian family come back = twice - staying with friends - as we had Uruguayans booked

oooopppsss, just seen this, typical Moby trying to get his"oneupmanship" by posting the presidents decree...

I'm surprised that our Moby didn't know that a presidential decree is below the federal laws, which in itself is below the federal constitution laws, and, IF the above laws relating to Russians registration were not suspended/set aside/changed (which they weren't), then the part of the presidential decree related to Russians registration would be against the law if implemented..

I see that you DO know the tax rules, though I would suggest that you have broken them several times in the past.

Regarding the taxes, I know about the tourist tax, I've paid it recently in Crimea and other places, my point was more about typical Russians renting out their apartments, especially in places like Sochi, holidaying abroad on the money, and NOT declaring the income or paying any of the taxes involved into the system like good little boys and girls should, I would suggest that they are all at it so to speak, but never mind, when Russia gets it hands on the database history of rentals within Russia from Airbnb and the like, people will pay all their back taxes rather quickly...( the Duma are currently engaged with this, and are proposing to change the law which currently stands at 3 years back taxes, to 7 years + a heavy fine)...

Rather dangerous giving anyone a power of attorney especially in Russia don't you think....

P.s. Do you also know that those who registered for the world cup tickets, are being invited to return to Russia for a further visit of up to 28days, multi entry, VISA FREE.
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2018, 12:46:57 PM »

ROFLMAO...

Gipsy need NO protection from rsoles such as you...  :ROFL:

Offline Manny

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2018, 02:21:09 PM »
P.s. Do you also know that those who registered for the world cup tickets, are being invited to return to Russia for a further visit of up to 28days, multi entry, VISA FREE.

It's a shame that football fans are valued higher (as a PR stunt) than folks with Russian citizen wives and children who are more likely to WANT to visit Russia and spend money there. So I with a Russian-born wife and dual-nationality daughter must buy a visa, but random football guy doesn't need one?

I am all over that one. I've prodded the ambassador on the forum Twitter account and tagged the embassy, MFA and KremlinE. Lets see if he replies or offers to get the subject discussed. He is known as a good guy who does the right thing. If this is brought to his attention he will run with it perhaps. He now has a link to this topic from this point, so serious contributions on the subject are welcome. I'll remove trolling so please don't from here on in.

I will write to the Kremlin in September in Russian on this one too. It's about time they sorted this out. We were discussing this three years ago but nothing changed except it got harder. I and many others have not been to Russia the last couple of years because of the silly visa regime. But random football guy gets in free? That's not fair.

There are many here with Russian wives, children and family members who have many previous Russian visas that it would behoove Russia to give five or ten year multi entry visas to. We are not interested in the hysterical fake news and Russophobia pedalled by our media. We'd just like to visit Russia easily and without having to jump through too many hoops. Especially when random football guy has zero hoops and a free visa.

I *want* to spend my money in Moscow or St Petersburg, but as I need a visa and my wife and daughter don't, we'll spend our money in Tallinn, Zagreb, Split, Prague or Riga instead.

Wouldn't it be nice to say to Wifey and dochka, "I've booked us the next bank holiday weekend in Moscow" rather than have to say to dochka "Yes, you and Mummy are OK to visit Russia whenever you want, but Daddy has no visa for Russia so we'll go to [insert European city of choice] instead". Why do I need to do biometrics when I've had multiple Russian visas in the past? Russia knows who I am. Why must I buy a visa when football guy gets in free?

If Russia doesn't want to change this aspect of their visa regime to people like us, my family and I are more than happy to spend our money in Amsterdam, Paris, Madrid, Rome, Vienna, Warsaw, Riga, Tallinn or Prague. None of us need a visa for those places.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2018, 04:11:24 PM »
Why do I need to do biometrics when I've had multiple Russian visas in the past? Russia knows who I am.
They're not consistent on this either. I can simply send my passport off to the RU-consolate in The Hague (visa center) by "insured" mail where I will take $2000 if it gets lost underway. Needless to say the postal service takes no chances for it to get lost & I get it back in perfect shape with a nice new visa inside. Just fill out the application, send my passport + requirements listed (can all be done online if you have a photo-printer that can print passport photos) and about 2-3 weeks later, I get it back and can visit the in-laws.

Mark.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Wiz

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2018, 04:38:57 PM »
Anybody who has visited Russia or has looked photos and video’s, must be impressed with this large and beautiful country.

Having visited Russia several times, so far, I feel very disappointed and in some ways very frustrated that the Russian Government is so blind and on the 21st century still has the siege mentality of the last century and the cold war. In my view it’s about time that Russia abolish the visa requirement unilaterally for most western countries and especially the members of the European Community.

I was hoping after this year’s experience and success with the FIFA World Cup that took place in Russia when thousand of fans from all over the world arrived there for a whole month, that they would see the benefits that tourism brings to any country, but alas, apart of a small good will gesture to the football fans, nothing serious change has happened and still we are back to the cold war mentality!

It’s obvious now that the security of the nation is not threatened by anyone visiting Russia because that type of business practiced by both, Russia, USA and the Western countries has moved to electronic means and the few individual incidents are plainly American and British Bullshit!

In my view it is wrong, a criminal extortion and backwards mentality towards Russia and the Russian people, by their Government that they still require Visas, invitation letters and also registration with OVIR, by all visitors who have to pay a lot of money to be allowed to visit Russia.

I think the Russian Government is afraid that by abolishing the Visa requirement and other documents, Tourism towards Russia will expand dramatically and its fear is that all these Western men will drain Russia out of their precious commodity, the beautiful Russian women.

Back in January 2009, I wrote a letter to the President of The Russian Federation D. Medvedev and copied over to the Russian Prime Minister, V. Putin, highlighting to them a problem that my self and other people in a similar position have to face and asked for their help to eliminate the problem we are facing each time we have to travel to Russia and also improve our family life!

“President of the Russian Federation ....... 14 January 2010
Ilinka Str, No 23
Moscow,
Russia.

Your Excellency

Happy New Year to you, your family and to all people in the Russian Federation.

I am writing to bring to your attention a big problem that affects my family and of course a few other families and I hope you will consider our plight and will offer your help in trying to resolve our problem.

I am a Greek citizen, living in the UK and I am married to a lady who is Russian National.

After our wedding in Russia, my wife applied under the European Directive 2004/38/EU and was granted a visa, FREE of any charges, by the British Consulate and came to join me in the UK. As a Greek citizen, I exercised my right under the same EU Directive for free movement in the European Economic Area and my wife was granted a Resident Card which gave her the right, not only to reside in the UK with entitlement to work freely but also to FREE National Health Care and other state benefits. Additionally her Resident Card allows her to travel to any European country that is a member of the European community without the need for a Schegen or any other type of Visa.

The Russian Federation in co-operation with the European community have streamlined and simplified the Visa requirements in 2007 for travel between our respective countries and reduced the financial cost but still that doesn’t not resolve the problem that my wife and I we have to face when we need to travel together to Russia.

My wife and I have a family, her 70 years old mother, who lives in Russia and obviously we support her financially to make her life comfortable. Unfortunately due to our current work situation we can’t visit her often but we try to do it as often as we can.

The problem we are faced is that I (personally) cannot travel at a moments notice in an emergency situation, regarding her old mother to support my wife with my presence there because I am required to have a visa to travel to Russian Federation. I am sure you do realise that how ever fast can be the service provided by the staff at the Russian Consulate in London and as we live outside and away from London, I still need a few days before I receive my visa.

Under these circumstances, I would like to ask for your help to resolve this problem. I am sure with a good will on the part of your Government a solution can be found and the Russian Federation could facilitate and offer to me the same benefit and freedom of movement when I need to make a family visit Russia, especially in an emergency situation without the need of a Visa. By doing so you will be reciprocating the same Conditions afforded and as provided by the EU to my wife, a Russian National.

Having followed in the press the efforts of your Government to normalise relations with the European Community to reach to an agreement for Free travel between our respective parties, it is my view that the Russian Government by offering a solution to my problem, which affects also a small number of other people too, in the EU countries, it would be another opportunity for your Government to demonstrate to the EU its willingness and efforts for a fair solution to the current stumbling block, which stops Russian citizens travelling freely to the EU countries.

Thank you for your time and I hope my request will receive your attention and consideration.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Your sincerely”

I received two letters and a telephone call from teh Embassy... but nothing, as you know, came out of it! :(

Well as I posted in my first post on this thread, Russia now has the opportunity to score a huge propaganda “Goal” against all the foes that spread Fake news and propaganda against the country. If they can do it for the football fans I am sure they can do it for all European Nationals too.

Having spent billions for football grounds and large projects of infrastructures I think it’s time to take advantage of their efforts and reap the benefits of large tourist arrivals, thus not only gaining additional revenue stream exporting Tourism but also creating 1000’s of new jobs too.

Actually the other day I was watching a program at channel 24 live from Moscow, and Vladimir Zhirinovsky was proposing the same too.

Let’s hope that the President will consider our proposition and he will make the last move on this Chess game of upmanship….. remove the Visa Requirement and win the Match.

Finally I think, it is a big mistake and embarrassment for Russia to receive the same number of tourists like my small country of Birth, Greece.

tiphat

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline leslied

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2018, 05:06:28 PM »
If Russia doesn't want to change this aspect of their visa regime to people like us, my family and I are more than happy to spend our money in Amsterdam, Paris, Madrid, Rome, Vienna, Warsaw, Riga, Tallinn or Prague. None of us need a visa for those places.

I had planned to visit Moscow and St. Petersburg this summer.  I wanted my daughters to experience their cultural heritage.  Both speak fluent Russian but have UK passports.  I inquired about a tourist visa.  We would have to trash any arranged accommodation as we plan to visit and stay with friends.  A personal invite visa is such an administrative rigmarole that none of our friends would support it. Still, I was OK with that.  It was the details required for the visa application that made me cancel our plans.  It would be simple enough for my wife and daughters but practically impossible for me.  I travel extensively on business and have more than one passport.  Providing the level of detail required would be very difficult and if I did so I would probably have my application declined...

So we visited Prague and Budapest this summer and the thousands of dollars spent went to their economies.  This is Russia's loss.  The next visit to Russia will just be my wife and daughters. Until the visa rules change I am not going to bother applying for a visa.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2018, 05:11:54 PM »

It's a shame that football fans are valued higher (as a PR stunt) than folks with Russian citizen wives and children who are more likely to WANT to visit Russia and spend money there. So I with a Russian-born wife and dual-nationality daughter must buy a visa, but random football guy doesn't need one?

I am all over that one. I've prodded the ambassador on the forum Twitter account and tagged the embassy, MFA and KremlinE. Lets see if he replies or offers to get the subject discussed. He is known as a good guy who does the right thing. If this is brought to his attention he will run with it perhaps. He now has a link to this topic from this point, so serious contributions on the subject are welcome. I'll remove trolling so please don't from here on in.

I will write to the Kremlin in September in Russian on this one too. It's about time they sorted this out. We were discussing this three years ago but nothing changed except it got harder. I and many others have not been to Russia the last couple of years because of the silly visa regime. But random football guy gets in free? That's not fair.

There are many here with Russian wives, children and family members who have many previous Russian visas that it would behoove Russia to give five or ten year multi entry visas to. We are not interested in the hysterical fake news and Russophobia pedalled by our media. We'd just like to visit Russia easily and without having to jump through too many hoops. Especially when random football guy has zero hoops and a free visa.

I *want* to spend my money in Moscow or St Petersburg, but as I need a visa and my wife and daughter don't, we'll spend our money in Tallinn, Zagreb, Split, Prague or Riga instead.

Wouldn't it be nice to say to Wifey and dochka, "I've booked us the next bank holiday weekend in Moscow" rather than have to say to dochka "Yes, you and Mummy are OK to visit Russia whenever you want, but Daddy has no visa for Russia so we'll go to [insert European city of choice] instead". Why do I need to do biometrics when I've had multiple Russian visas in the past? Russia knows who I am. Why must I buy a visa when football guy gets in free?

Yeah but your a British citizen ? And the British government do jack **** for Russians wanting a visa or help in any way..

So why should Russia , even if your married to a Russian?

Some people have principles ..and fair play to them when they do..

I 100% agree with reciprocity .
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2018, 11:53:38 PM »

What is fair in this world??

I see this visa offer as a forward move which I hope continues and opens up to cover more potential visitors.

You do know of course that the Russian Govt offered both the UK and the EU complete visa free travel in return for the same from them, and THEY refused, stating that they would then have NO control in stopping criminals/gangsters/mafia/illegal immigrants from entering their respective areas.... that's a real laugh isn't it...

I agree with you, and always have, that Uk partners of Russian ladies should be able to receive some form of visa with would allow better access to the country and their extended families, there was even talk of a 5 yr m/e visa for said persons, which I think is still available, but it seems that only the Dutch can apply for one at this time...

I also think that the reciprocal agreement between the US and Russia whereby each person can receive a 3 yr m/e visa is unfair to other countries.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2018, 01:15:29 AM »
Wiz, don!t you still have your Greek passport?

The likes of Markje and I can use our non EU passports and no meed to even visit the Russians to have our finger prints scanned ...

EASY...

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2018, 01:17:02 AM »
thank should read EU passports ( excluding British..for whom one must write a historical novel)

Offline Wiz

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2018, 11:05:50 AM »
Wiz, don!t you still have your Greek passport?

The likes of Markje and I can use our non EU passports and no meed to even visit the Russians to have our finger prints scanned ...

EASY...

Moby

As you very well know I do have my Greek Passport and also a British one too.

Additionally I have a Greek ID card and I can travel with it in any EU country too.

The russians visiting Greece need to have a Shegen Visa and also the Greeks need a Russian visa too and can apply by post, in both cases.

So what it's your point you try to make?

Have you not read my letter to the Russian PM, obviously you have missed the point I made to him?

What can I do in case of an emergency with Baboushka?

You already know, that since 2009, I have pursuit every angle and possibility and you have participated on the thread, " Abolishing the Visa requirement for Russia" on my "Hobby board" with 104 posts.

Actually you post was the last one?

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2018, 10:23:59 PM »
My point is WHY are you 'byaching' when you can EASILY get an RU visa on your Greek passport.

2/ and why aren't you going to Russia?  You aren't being honest with us as you have previously posted that you will not go BECAUSE of the 'hassle' of getting a Visa and registering it when there...

If you eere still going, you would know it is easy..

It is amazing how many 'Rusophiles' post topics about a place they no longer visit.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2018, 08:42:58 AM »
Surely there is a very simple solution really to the visa issue? If you don't want a few problems in your life marry someone from your own country?

Life is always full of problems either accept it and solve it or stop moaning?
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2018, 06:03:24 PM »
My point is WHY are you 'byaching' when you can EASILY get an RU visa on your Greek passport.

2/ and why aren't you going to Russia?  You aren't being honest with us as you have previously posted that you will not go BECAUSE of the 'hassle' of getting a Visa and registering it when there...

If you eere still going, you would know it is easy..

It is amazing how many 'Rusophiles' post topics about a place they no longer visit.

I will make it easy for you to understand.

I only use my British passport, which is valid until 2024,  because I have not and will not renew the Greek one which costs an arm and a leg and a month waiting to renew it ONLY for 5 years. Everything now go to Athens........ so what is the point to renew it?

If I need to travel to Greece I use the British or can use my ID card. Hanna has her British until the 2024....... so you must understand the reasons. Why spent unnecessary money when we can travel in most countries on the world?

Hanna is working and in case of an emergency, I can't travel with her, without a visa, which takes a lot of hassle, cost and we must travel to London TOGETHER and wait for at least 10 days.

I have travelled over 20 times.... in the RF and Ukraine so I have no more interest to go there. I rather spent my money visiting new places.

I hope I made myself clear.

tiphat

STEVE

In my original post on this thread I made clear the reasons why I continue to support the idea of no visa for Russia.

I am sure you must realise the immense number of benefits for the country!

That is what my travel experience has taught me.

tiphat

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2018, 08:12:50 PM »
Wiz, The more I ponder visa free travel the more uncomfortable it becomes for me. I can understand the point Leslie makes, but the loss of tourist funds to dubious 'tourists' seems low.

Both the United Staes and Russia have strong visa regimes. Yes it is inconvenient for Moby and you, on one side it seems Moby wants to scam the system and Wiz you seem to be lazy. I understand you are married to a Russian national, but still it is no excuse for lacking a visa in one of your passports. Yes it is discriminatory but I do not think life is fair. I suspect such as Wiz and Leslie are caught in some nether world with spouses and offspring. This is where consular officials should be able to assist.

The US and Russian have avoided to a degree the mayhem of say Italy, France or Spain. Both V. Putin and D. Trump do not wish to see undesirables at there gates. So a visa is a line of defense, perfect no, but better than nothing.   

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Wiz

« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2018, 10:53:14 AM »
AvHdB or Lion (what is your real name?)…… today is your lucky day!

I ask you the question because as you must have noticed, some of us here are not afraid to show our face and disclose our real names….. You never did!

I asked this question because clearly you are not showing your face and name to the world and prefer to live in anonymity and the shadows of the internet, to cover your purpose and presence because….. you know … !

GAME .... SET....and .... MATCH

In my first letter to the president of the RF, I simply asked him to try and make our Visa application simpler and he could do it, if he wanted, to include us to the category of business, priests etc and issue us, married to a Russian woman, a 5 year multi entry visa and I am sure we all would be happy to pay a decent fee.

When you book a flight, you have to provide details of your Passport etc to get your boarding card.

As you must know by now the Russian Security services are co-operating with the Schengen visa police department. All airlines are obligated to submit passengers list to the police, 24 hours before the flight takes off, to the arrival destination.

The Russian security is well computerised and checks all coming passengers……and that is why all the Hooligan fans were not allowed to travel to Russia, in Co-Operation with the British Police from the UK.

Do you remember the Russian plane that was downed down over Sinai? Who do you think informed Putin next day? PM Cameron and that is why the Russian didn’t go and bombed Al Quinta in Sinai and left the Jews to deal with it! And they did.

The US has strong visa regime ….  that is why most illegals come through Canada and Mexico on the other hand the 5 Anglo-Zionist sisters with their satellites know when Putin goes to the toilet but don’t know what he is thinking or has in his brain. Did you hear something interesting, you didn’t already knew, coming out of Trumps mouth, or Putin’s after their private meeting? Trump already knew about the Chip on the present from Putin!

I think I have explained well to Moby my personal reason but removing the Visa requirement for Tourists….. just think of the amount of interest from Europeans to visit Russia and the benefits to their economy, jobs etc.

Listen, the illegal immigration to Italy, Greece, Spain etc…. don’t arrive by aeroplanes but with dingies, thanks to F .. Germans and Merkel.

If Putin remove the visa requirement for Europeans, excluding as usual the UK and USA, and allow charter flights to holiday resorts……. then you will see the tourist arrivals from around 30 million to go double and more in a couple of years and the Russia will run to build more hotels and infrastructure…….and I am sure with the new revenue stream… he can improved the standard of living there much easier.

Greece in the 60’s remove the visa requirement for all Europeans and today receive 30 million visitors. If it wasn’t for this export income… Greece would have completely disappeared of the world map.

Before you answer…. Think carefully what I said and don’t rush.

Putin has already won the Game, with his letter to NYT and the removal of the Syrian Chemicals, then won the Set with his support for Syria and Iran, the US is moving out of Syria…… and Now all he has to do is to remove cleverly the visa requirement, Match and start taking the piss of USA and the UK………that Russia is more Democratic country than those two and NetaYahoo already play safe with him in Syria..

Give it a thought!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2018, 11:06:39 AM »
If Putin remove the visa requirement for Europeans, excluding as usual the UK and USA, and allow charter flights to holiday resorts……. then you will see the tourist arrivals from around 30 million to go double and more in a couple of years and the Russia will run to build more hotels and infrastructure…….and I am sure with the new revenue stream… he can improved the standard of living there much easier.

Evpatoria and Crimea already expecting a huge increase in Tourism. 2 years ago they started building a huge number of 11-stories hotels along its beaches and all of them are full this year, full with tourists spending their money.

Simferopol likewise, has built a new huge international aeroport terminal. Lena was quite impressed when she arrived and could simply exit by a tube instead of stairs.
OO===[][]===OO

Offline Wiz

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2018, 04:56:18 PM »

Evpatoria and Crimea already expecting a huge increase in Tourism. 2 years ago they started building a huge number of 11-stories hotels along its beaches and all of them are full this year, full with tourists spending their money.

Simferopol likewise, has built a new huge international aeroport terminal. Lena was quite impressed when she arrived and could simply exit by a tube instead of stairs.

Mark

I was looking the new Simferopol airport the other day and I was impressed.....and I noticed that it has a vast number of internal flights in Russia, so I can imagine what would happen if they drop the visa requirement and permit charters to fly directly there!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2018, 05:33:30 PM »

Mark

I was looking the new Simferopol airport the other day and I was impressed.....and I noticed that it has a vast number of internal flights in Russia, so I can imagine what would happen if they drop the visa requirement and permit charters to fly directly there!

Its not Russia/Simferopol's choice to keep international planes out of there.

Ukraine has closed Crimean airspace as a 'disputed zone' , and since Europe doesn't recognise Russia's authority, no european flight will go over Crimea or land there.
OO===[][]===OO

Offline Wiz

« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2018, 06:16:53 PM »
Mark

I think that Russia wants to be completely ready, bridge etc, before start it's attack to reopen the skies again.

They can always threaten to close it's airspace to all planes overflying Russia to the far east and then will see what happens from the airlines.

Airlines also can join together with Russian ones who will fly the Russia Leg from sochi for example . Plenty of combinations......

But looks that Trump and Putin are cooking something......remember the Trump statements in Helsinki, about Crimea!

Something will happen...... the American's are looking for Government change in Ukraine as it is a failed state and are fed up supporting Porky!