The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Game Set and Match for RUSSIA by offering FREE VISA?  (Read 12565 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Game Set and Match for RUSSIA by offering FREE VISA?
« on: July 16, 2018, 07:08:28 AM »
A nice gift to all the football fans from Mr Putin.. :thumbsup:

https://www.rt.com/sport/433285-putin-world-cup-proud/
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Game Set and Match for RUSSIA by offering FREE VISA?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 07:48:27 AM »
Game Set and Match for RUSSIA by offering FREE VISA?

Now that Russia had a very successful "Prova Generale" with the world cup....and all the world has seen not only the games but all other aspects of Russian life, had a good time.... and made glowing comments about the country, I think, it's about time to write to a nice letter to President Putin.... asking him to introduce Free visa ….. or Visa on arrival and forget the reciprocation.

Trump congratulated Putin in Helsinki today..... for the successful organisation and I noticed his famous handshake and comments were on equal base.

It is my view that Putin now is in a position to pull a "Match" against the whole west:

These were, is my view, the results so far:

GAME: Putin published in NY Times a letter and stopped Obama invading Syrria and later arranged for Asad's chemicals to be destroy it!

SET:  The US has reduced its presence in Syria and I expect that during the Helsinki Meeting, Trump will offer to get out of Syria......with some kind in exchange....

MATCH Now Putin has the opportunity for the Match.... I am sure Putin does recognise the economic benefits a free visa travel will bring to his country.

Additionally will change all the wrong fake impressions presented to us in the west by the MSM and opening his country offering Free travel Visa or at least Visa on Arrival.
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Manny

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 04:23:45 PM »
Picking up a comment from another topic here........

PS: Are you going to join me to write the letter to the president or you will have a chat with the Ambassador?

We follow each other on Twitter from when I did some writing at RT, and we have spoken a little. He isn't my brother. He doesn't feel the need to check in with me each morning.  :chuckle:

He is however I know generally supportive of an easier visa regime for Brits to visit Russia and vice versa. You'll recall I lobbied a little for similar once before and he suggested if I put in a detailed proposal, an analysis of benefits if you like, he can make sure it is mentioned at the top of the tree and it will get run up the flagpole. As it was, at the time, I didn't have the spare time to put into creating the kind of document I think it needed so I never sent him the document. But also at that time it was when the Brits started putting extra onerous nonsense like Biometrics on Russians wanting visas and they reciprocated. Another influential person I discussed this with said it would go nowhere in the then political climate as sanctions et al were already being mooted by the US and the EU was just waiting to be told how high to jump.

As you suggested, it *may* be the time to appeal directly to Putin for an easier visa regime in light of recent events. But I'd suggest it needs to be written properly and protocol says it should be done in Russian. I'd help out with the crafting of such a document and wifey would translate it (her being certified by the embassy in London can't do any harm), but as my wife - in common with many here - clears off to Russia for most of the August school holidays, I doubt we could have a Russian copy ready before mid September. Unless someone else wants to translate.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 05:26:17 PM »
Just before I retire for the day..... got your delayed message.

I definitely think it's the right time to have a try....

Take a look at the figures........ for Russia, the largest country in the world

https://tradingeconomics.com/russia/international-tourism-number-of-arrivals-wb-data.html

and look for Greece......the size of one of their republics.

https://tradingeconomics.com/greece/tourist-arrivals

This year is estimated to reach 30 million......

Russia had a good test run with the world cup 18 ........and if they are clever.....and drop the visa.... or make it visa on arrival, like Turkey......$20 then you can see the potential for another revenue stream, employment and so on.

If they permit direct charter flights to holiday resorts, like Sochi, Crimea etc.....the results will blow them up.......they will start running to catch up, like it happened to Spain, Greece during the 70's.

Game Set and Match ... don't you think?

Wife is working over the w/end so I will try to write something...... and if we are lucky......we may move the mountain of Russian ego.

BTW she must have email and you can ask her politely... to work .. for the good of her country!

:biggrin:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Manny

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 04:40:23 AM »
BTW she must have email and you can ask her politely... to work .. for the good of her country!

She'll not work when she is in Russia.  :coffeeread:

See if yours will.  :chuckle:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 11:44:56 AM »

She'll not work when she is in Russia.  :coffeeread:

See if yours will.  :chuckle:

I don't think so...as she will be busy... talking away with mama, family and friends..... :nod:

Meanwhile I have not started preparing a draft .... maybe over the weekend, but in between I have to write two very important letters......

Do you think you could be helpful writing an outline of subjects/points to follow or you are busy taking measures about water?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 01:18:18 PM »
I don't think mr Putin is going to make any concessions for men who stole the Motherlands women do you?

Offline Wiz

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 03:46:26 PM »
I don't think mr Putin is going to make any concessions for men who stole the Motherlands women do you?

All of us who have married Russian brides have not stolen the "Motherland women". On  the contrary all of them came out of Russia at their will and was their own decision.

On the other hand Putin, maybe, is not very happy with all those traders/businessmen  who facilitate the exodus of the "Motherland women"!

Is that why you are dreaming for your island paradise?

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 05:37:50 PM »

All of us who have married Russian brides have not stolen the "Motherland women". On  the contrary all of them came out of Russia at their will and was their own decision.

On the other hand Putin, maybe, is not very happy with all those traders/businessmen  who facilitate the exodus of the "Motherland women"!

:ROFL:   :ROFL:   :ROFL:
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Wiz

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 10:07:57 PM »

:laugh:  :king:

Offline Annushka

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 11:14:33 PM »
Hello guys! Miss your intellect!  :-* tiphat
I am completely busy with guests: children, grandchildren, nephews, childbirth! I do not know who was playing in Peter's niece!
I just admire you from the virtual! You have time to marry a Russian girl "Without a dowry"!
I apologize for my age. I remember how I went to Europe in the 80s of last century. Iron curtain! Interview with the KGB!
There are girls who could not go abroad because of the KGB ban. They gave birth to children in the Soviet Union!
Naturally, I, the beautiful girl, the first beauty (I'm just now talking about this) on the course to Odessa Ecological University was a huge success in one course foreigners.
  But! I'm sorry and sorry! I worked for the military aviation of the USSR! I have men for comparison!

I want to warn (I'm in the past an aviation weatherman ( forecast- that says it all!)
Russian girls do not want to change Russia to Europe and America!
Welcome to Russia!

Offline Annushka

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 11:45:04 PM »
Original film "On the Murom track," Watch here:
https://youtu.be/Xdz1OmU79ho

Naturally, the question? Who needs these problems! Emotions or prestige, or through Russian citizenship to buy "Ticket through the Mundial"?)

Offline Wiz

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 08:12:37 AM »

Naturally, the question? Who needs these problems! Emotions or prestige, or through Russian citizenship to buy "Ticket through the Mundial"?)

Dear Ammushka

I think you have not understood the purpose of this thread because of the comments and jokes made of the other boys.....and me.

Manny and I, both understand the tremendous economic and other benefits that Russia Federation can receive by simply making changes, simplifying the visa requirement.

Russia has spent many billion dollars, to organise the Sochi Olympics and also the FIFA world cup and additionally, for the improvements of local infrastructures.

The main income of Russia, is based on exports of on Natural resources of which you have plenty. Why not, now, to increase your Tourist export income by making travelling to Russia easier and increase tourist arrivals in the country?

You have the facilities, infrastructure and with the FIFA world cup you had a good run and put everything to the test and it was a roaring success.

Why not continue receiving the same benefits for ever?

Before you say it is a security problem, I can assure you that Russia and the West have the necessary technology and sources to know what the other side is doing.

When Putin and Trump met "Alone" in a room in Helsinki, only with their translators present, I expect the US and Russian security services have checked that room. I am sure that the conversation has been recorded and each has a copy for future references.

Be sure when Trump and Putin go to the toilet..... the other side know about it!

Previously I posted some links to Manny about tourist stats and if you have a look you will see that Russia, the largest country in th world, with 140 million people....and Greece a small country in size and only 10 million people receive the same amount of visitors.

The reason is simple. Greece does not require Visa from all European countries and America.... where your country does require one and it's a pain in the ass to go through the procedure and costs lot's of money.

Putin now has the opportunity to change your visa Rules and offer either FREE visa, as he did with the football fans..... or at least Visa on Arrival to your airports, ports etc. He also should canx the visa registration with OVIR. Now you are fully computerised and there is not need to have this requirement.

Putin has a great opportunity to score a fantastic propaganda goal against all the western countries, especially USA, telling them that your country is more Democratic, free and easy to travel..... than USA and other EU countries.

I just wonder if your Russian ego, to be treated as Equals.... will allow you to see and take advantage of the fantastic opportunity you have in your hands.

On  a personal level, I have visited Russia over 15 times, travelled around in several places but after my last experience with OVIR in UFA, I have no reason to waist my money visiting our house and family there.

I can use the expensive cost for the ticket to go on Holiday elsewhere and with the same amount to have also Hotel and a car included in the price.

For the past 10 years my wife and I have travelled 30 times to many European destinations, with no visa problems because she had a Resident Card and now A british Passport.

tiphat

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 11:02:10 AM »

Dear Ammushka

I think you have not understood the purpose of this thread because of the comments and jokes made of the other boys.....and me.

Manny and I, both understand the tremendous economic and other benefits that Russia Federation can receive by simply making changes, simplifying the visa requirement.

Russia has spent many billion dollars, to organise the Sochi Olympics and also the FIFA world cup and additionally, for the improvements of local infrastructures.

The main income of Russia, is based on exports of on Natural resources of which you have plenty. Why not, now, to increase your Tourist export income by making travelling to Russia easier and increase tourist arrivals in the country?

You have the facilities, infrastructure and with the FIFA world cup you had a good run and put everything to the test and it was a roaring success.

Why not continue receiving the same benefits for ever?

Before you say it is a security problem, I can assure you that Russia and the West have the necessary technology and sources to know what the other side is doing.

When Putin and Trump met "Alone" in a room in Helsinki, only with their translators present, I expect the US and Russian security services have checked that room. I am sure that the conversation has been recorded and each has a copy for future references.

Be sure when Trump and Putin go to the toilet..... the other side know about it!

Previously I posted some links to Manny about tourist stats and if you have a look you will see that Russia, the largest country in th world, with 140 million people....and Greece a small country in size and only 10 million people receive the same amount of visitors.

The reason is simple. Greece does not require Visa from all European countries and America.... where your country does require one and it's a pain in the ass to go through the procedure and costs lot's of money.

Putin now has the opportunity to change your visa Rules and offer either FREE visa, as he did with the football fans..... or at least Visa on Arrival to your airports, ports etc. He also should canx the visa registration with OVIR. Now you are fully computerised and there is not need to have this requirement.

Putin has a great opportunity to score a fantastic propaganda goal against all the western countries, especially USA, telling them that your country is more Democratic, free and easy to travel..... than USA and other EU countries.

I just wonder if your Russian ego, to be treated as Equals.... will allow you to see and take advantage of the fantastic opportunity you have in your hands.

On  a personal level, I have visited Russia over 15 times, travelled around in several places but after my last experience with OVIR in UFA, I have no reason to waist my money visiting our house and family there.

I can use the expensive cost for the ticket to go on Holiday elsewhere and with the same amount to have also Hotel and a car included in the price.

For the past 10 years my wife and I have travelled 30 times to many European destinations, with no visa problems because she had a Resident Card and now A british Passport.

tiphat

last experience with OVIR in UFA. What happened there then!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 03:53:03 PM »

When I visited the Visa Office in London, my wife had to come with me to make an invitation....

"I Mrs Wiz, Address, invite my Husband Mr Wiz, Address, to visit me in OUR  house...... etc" :rolleye0009: :sick0012:

We were given a new Landing Card (Similar to the British) to use. I used my PC to fill it and overprint so No mistakes..... (I already had a copy of the old Version with the tiny letter printed) so.... when we arrived in Moscow....I gave our New Landing card..... officer look at them and called a supervisor....... who told him that it's  correct, so he stamped them.

In UFA the OVIR office was a couple of tram stops down the road....so we went there next day, on the way to the shopping centre.....and found out that the office had moved to the other side of the town.

Mrs Wiz called OVIR to find details and was told the office will be open next day.

Next day around 11am got a taxi and went there....... and found the offices closed....wife spoke to a policeman on the door.....who asked her to give him the passport and landing card... went inside checked.... and came out to tell my wife that the Landing card was not the correct one. He told her to go to the airport and ask for an old  blank one... and come back. Wife pointed out the Moscow Stamp on the Card..... No good.

By then I got very angry, asked my passport back....and card, (took his number) and told my wife let's go and he can F...off, in English and walked to our Taxi.

Typical Russian woman.....continued asking him questions but never crossed her mind that he was after a bribe, something that I have never done in my life and told her later.

He told  her.... comeback with the blank card,,,, tomorrow without the Anglichiani......... I NEVER went back.... and in Moscow I had no problem whatsoever. Obviously they are used to this behaviour, as I did not offer any bribe i UFA!

To be honest I told her I will not go back to Ufa because too much hassle and money, and I think it's better having own time with mama, family and friends. Never bothered learning good Russian.....so never went back. Now you know.

tiphat

Offline Annushka

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2018, 10:30:12 PM »

When I visited the Visa Office in London, my wife had to come with me to make an invitation....

"I Mrs Wiz, Address, invite my Husband Mr Wiz, Address, to visit me in OUR  house...... etc" :rolleye0009: :sick0012:

We were given a new Landing Card (Similar to the British) to use. I used my PC to fill it and overprint so No mistakes..... (I already had a copy of the old Version with the tiny letter printed) so.... when we arrived in Moscow....I gave our New Landing card..... officer look at them and called a supervisor....... who told him that it's  correct, so he stamped them.

In UFA the OVIR office was a couple of tram stops down the road....so we went there next day, on the way to the shopping centre.....and found out that the office had moved to the other side of the town.

Mrs Wiz called OVIR to find details and was told the office will be open next day.

Next day around 11am got a taxi and went there....... and found the offices closed....wife spoke to a policeman on the door.....who asked her to give him the passport and landing card... went inside checked.... and came out to tell my wife that the Landing card was not the correct one. He told her to go to the airport and ask for an old  blank one... and come back. Wife pointed out the Moscow Stamp on the Card..... No good.

By then I got very angry, asked my passport back....and card, (took his number) and told my wife let's go and he can F...off, in English and walked to our Taxi.

Typical Russian woman.....continued asking him questions but never crossed her mind that he was after a bribe, something that I have never done in my life and told her later.

He told  her.... comeback with the blank card,,,, tomorrow without the Anglichiani......... I NEVER went back.... and in Moscow I had no problem whatsoever. Obviously they are used to this behaviour, as I did not offer any bribe i UFA!

To be honest I told her I will not go back to Ufa because too much hassle and money, and I think it's better having own time with mama, family and friends. Never bothered learning good Russian.....so never went back. Now you know.

tiphat

Wow! How much passion!
In accordance with the Labor Code of the Russian Federation, the OVIR has the right to rest. Sunday and Monday. The security agency has nothing to do with OVIR. Your lady did not know? The guard does not have the right to take your documents! What kind of bribe are you talking about? Why do not you go to the Post and make a telegram to the OVIR on registration? Saving money?
By the way, nature is posh in UFA!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2018, 12:48:07 AM »
Wiz,

The OVIR haven't existed for years - such matters can be handled - in minutes - at the Post Office in Sochi - or at the FMS 

Currently, there is a special regime in place that means even RUSSIANS need to register if the arrive in a city that has hosted a World Cup game and they stay 72 hours or more - finishes two weeks after the tournament is over. One has to go to the FMS and processing of international passports has all but ceased - due to the demand - causing stress to those who wanted to go abroad for a holiday

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Wiz

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2018, 03:19:25 AM »

Wow! How much passion!
In accordance with the Labor Code of the Russian Federation, the OVIR has the right to rest. Sunday and Monday. The security agency has nothing to do with OVIR. Your lady did not know? The guard does not have the right to take your documents! What kind of bribe are you talking about? Why do not you go to the Post and make a telegram to the OVIR on registration? Saving money?
By the way, nature is posh in UFA!

Dear Annushka

I am sorry but you appear to be unaware of what actually was/is going on in your country, like most Russian women who meet foreign men.

I have been in the travel business for over 35 years and have travelled in almost every country in Europe, USA and Canada. I was born in Greece, where corruption is wide spread in many levels and the same applies in your country too. In every country you will find corruption in various levels and in some countries, like UK, it's more sophisticated than others. In Russia low level corruption is mostly what I have experienced during my travels. Your dictionary has over 15000 words originated from the Greek vocabulary so I understand quite a lot, despite that I cannot speak speak the language.

For your information, in almost every European country there is not a requirement for registration, by tourist visitors with the police, expect in certain long term stay periods, neither to have a propiska.

Outside of any OVIR and many other Government offices they have a sign regarding opening days/hours of work and it's not difficult to understand it. AS you say Sundays and Mondays are closed..... and learned that from my first visit to Russia.

When we visited the OVIR office it was wednesday.... and my wife called the day before to make sure they are open. The officer why "tried" to help it was clear that he was after a small bribe... and if I had put inside my passport 300 -500 Rubles, I would have had my landing card stamped.  :nod:

While I am writing this message, I noticed Moby posted a message and to make sure he has a reply here is my first OVIR learning experience.

Before meeting my wife, I was dating another woman, a doctor in Sterlitamak and he knows which one I am talking about!. No need for names and that was back in 2006.

When I first arrived, we prepared all forms (in English) and next day we went around from many offices etc until finally she learned where we should go to register... but it was closed.

Next day she had to go to work and she was coming back after 2.pm. I had nothing to do so I decided to visit the place, 2 tram stops down, thinking that as they are the Aliens department... must speak English and went to OVIR. A nice policeman on the door showed me where to go and when my turn come I went into the office.

A nice young lady realised I was a foreigner, spoke to me in English.... and told me that the form must be filled in Russian, she got out of her desk, I followed her, got to a window and got a new form for 20 Kopicas and then she took me to another office, asked a lady to complete the form for me and when she finished I went back to her office. She checked the form, put some stamp and told me to go around to the boss's  office, who "speak English"....... to sign it!

Many people were waiting but I was cheeky and went at the front of the queue, right at the door. When he finished he called me in..... and to my surprise he asked me to sit down on a chair next to his office. He asked me a few questions.... for the purpose of my visit.... and then signed the form. Typical Greek, I went round the corner and bought 2 boxes of chocolates......and gave it to the 2 ladies they had helped me with a lot of Spaciba  ;D

After that every time I visited her again (6 times) .... I always went on my own!
and became friendly with the Boss, Alexei...... who I met again in UFA later.

When back home I used my PC, installed the Russian alphabet and using the Acrobat made PDF forms and print them in advance.

Moby those years they just had started the Post office registration, tried once, no English, peeved off and went back to OVIR. My last visit to Russia was in 2010 and you know the rest.

On the Tuesday 10 June 2007, I arrived to UFA to get married to Hanna on Saturday the 14 of June. On the way to Hanna's home I asked my taxidriver Ivan to take me to the local OVIR office. Passport and unsigned form in had, went in and Cheeky as usual, went to the front of the queue, where to my surprise..... Alexei was there.......I said hello and told him I am back to get married...he said something in Russian and a blond girl opened another window. Took all papers and pointed to me that the form was unsigned ... so cheeky I signed it!.... she took the papers to Alexei... he signed them, probably told her get rid of him....as the queue waiting was too long, so I arrived home, with all papers ready. Hanna was very surprised.... but kept my mouth shut how did I do it!

I never bought anything for or paid bribe to Alexei......it appears he was a well travelled person and very gentleman and friendly.

MOBY: As a frequent traveller abroad and to Sochi do you think if the Russians make visa free or on arrival, will benefit the whole Russia immensely?

What it's your take?

Watching this video... I don't think they have nice sandy beaches in the Black sea!

PS: Looking at the right of the screen this one looks out of all proportions and speak English !...... must be well travelled! 

Read her profile.....
I'm an unusual girl, I'll tell you right away. I'm not a calm harbor. With me you'll be like on a roller coaster, I'll keep you toned and you'll feel the taste of life, I'll fill your life with all sorts of colors. Believe I'm the girl with a surprise and I have something to surprise you.
http://loveme.com/mp/info12.htm

:ROFL:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2018, 06:12:14 AM »
1/ OVIR hasn't existed for YEARS

2/ You can go to the post office and do want you need in minutes

Hmm - guess who's not been to Russia in a while

Offline Annushka

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2018, 07:17:41 AM »
Wiz,
A week ago, I was at the Main Office for Migration Issues, Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia. I make my new foreign passport. I was on the record on the website of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Without any bribes!
In Russia, everyone cherishes their workplace! No one will risk being out of work for 300-500 rubles! I know this from within the supervisory bodies. I have more than 10 years of experience in the Sanitary and Environmental Inspections.
But I will not argue with you. I appreciate my personal time. tiphat

Offline Wiz

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2018, 08:01:37 AM »
1/ OVIR hasn't existed for YEARS

2/ You can go to the post office and do want you need in minutes

Hmm - guess who's not been to Russia in a while

Have you forgot your glasses?

Read more carefully and use your memory.............and water the flowers more often!

:laugh:

Offline Wiz

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2018, 08:21:53 AM »
Wiz,
A week ago, I was at the Main Office for Migration Issues, Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia. I make my new foreign passport. I was on the record on the website of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Without any bribes!
In Russia, everyone cherishes their workplace! No one will risk being out of work for 300-500 rubles! I know this from within the supervisory bodies. I have more than 10 years of experience in the Sanitary and Environmental Inspections.
But I will not argue with you. I appreciate my personal time. tiphat

Dear Annoushka

Today is 2018 and not 2004, when I first visited Russia.

You forgot that I have a Russian woman in my house and I get the same comments until I remind her of certain episodes. If you wish.... when I finish writing the letter to your President... I can start telling you various episodes........ smelling of Bribes. I paid NONE and never put Russia down but I will not stop telling the truth for what happened to me during my visits there.

Long time ago I wrote: If I have to choose between USA and Russia.... I said, give me Russia any time! That is not because I am married to a Baskiria woman. It is because Russian mentality is close to the Greek one and I felt comfortable living there.

tiphat

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2018, 10:17:31 AM »
Wiz,

I probably would have paid the 300 to 500 ruble bribe to the officer in Ufa. It’s called “the path of least resistance”. They aren’t paid very much and for all you know he really needed the money. Think of it like a tip when you go out to a nice restaurant in the U.K.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2018, 11:41:59 AM »
Wiz,

The OVIR haven't existed for years - such matters can be handled - in minutes - at the Post Office in Sochi - or at the FMS 

Currently, there is a special regime in place that means even RUSSIANS need to register if the arrive in a city that has hosted a World Cup game and they stay 72 hours or more - finishes two weeks after the tournament is over. One has to go to the FMS and processing of international passports has all but ceased - due to the demand - causing stress to those who wanted to go abroad for a holiday

Utter bollox on both counts.....
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2018, 01:52:45 AM »

Utter bollox on both counts.....

I 'see' ... and you have DIRECT experience of such matters ?

1/ We had guests in our apartments and it was OUR duty to register them if staying over 72 hours - even if Russian citizens from out of town

https://www.airbnbhell.com/airbnb-policy-violations-by-hosts-in-russia/
  -this article is incorrect in that Russians from another city had to register, too

2/ Father Sergey and Roman ( friends of mine )  have BOTH applied for international passports - to visit us in Cyprus - and were told that due to the exceptional regime in place for host cities - til July 25th )  the normal 30 day processing period was suspended

I'm REALLY surprised you did not know this

Registration