The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Best chance of a successful long term visa plan  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Colloc

• Spouses Country: United Kingdom
  • Trips: 1-5
Re: Best chance of a successful long term visa plan
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 09:01:03 AM »
Well we travelled back together and as per Steveboy we went through the Fast track lane and apart form a few minor questions at border control there was no issues.
She stayed for 3 weeks and went home for 2 weeks and is now back here with me for another 4 weeks.
Our relationship is good and we are looking forward to the future together.
After this 4 week trip, I am hoping to make the next trip even longer possibly till the end of the visa.
This now leads me to the next question, I am still legally married, can we apply for a fiance visa? I believe we would need to marry within 6 months and this might not be possible as the divorce could drag out a bit longer.
Can she apply for another tourist visa for a further 6 months and if so when can she apply?
Thanks in advance

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 10:43:21 AM »
Well we travelled back together and as per Steveboy we went through the Fast track lane and apart form a few minor questions at border control there was no issues.
She stayed for 3 weeks and went home for 2 weeks and is now back here with me for another 4 weeks.
Our relationship is good and we are looking forward to the future together.
After this 4 week trip, I am hoping to make the next trip even longer possibly till the end of the visa.
This now leads me to the next question, I am still legally married, can we apply for a fiance visa? I believe we would need to marry within 6 months and this might not be possible as the divorce could drag out a bit longer.
Can she apply for another tourist visa for a further 6 months and if so when can she apply?
Thanks in advance

Still married?? Blimey thats crazy... how long does a divorce take I thought those sought of things are over in a matter of weeks ? Did you split up and a few months later decided you needed a Russian bride?

I don't think you will have any chance of getting a fiancee visa still being married maybe wrong.. and you are aware you need a certain income about 17,000 GBP I think or some thing like that, not much any way..

If I was you I would take it steady.. wait till your divorce is out of the way! Anything could happen.. maybe you will go back to your wife in the end!!  :laugh:

If you take it steady.. make another tourist visa and continue what your doing it will be lots less complicated than being half way through one divorce and at the time trying to import another wife..

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 04:20:17 PM »
For most state laws in the US, if you are just separated, you are still married.  Having sex with another person is considered adultery.  And getting engaged could result in bigamy charges leveled against you.  But you can become a strict Mormon or Arab sheik, then it would be alright.   :chuckle:

you need a certain income about 17,000 GBP

Just that amount?  Approx. $25K USD.  That is McD and Wal-Mart type wages.  Imagine a stock clerk with a FSU spouse.   :evilgrin0002:

If you take it steady.. make another tourist visa and continue what your doing it will be lots less complicated than being half way through one divorce and at the time trying to import another wife..

What can turn really ugly is when both spouses sue you for divorce.   :ROFL:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2018, 01:34:27 AM »
@Colloc  Glad you got her in - you were lucky - but the UK immigration what out for folks who keep coming and wonder where the money comes from and WHERE they actually stay ;)

Please get divorced first... stick to General Visitor Visas - Tourist - until then ;)

@Steveboy - it's a but more... £18600 and more again if she already has a kid ..£22400

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immigration/visas-family-and-friends/getting-a-visa-for-your-spouse-or-partner-to-live-in-the-uk/

@dcguyusa As for 18K being 25K USD .. I wish ... March 2008 - perhaps ..

Offline SL0413

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2018, 07:00:38 PM »
In the US you need to state your current relationship status, single or divorced.  Being married is an automatic disqualification.

Offline sparky114

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2018, 01:50:23 AM »
 :rouble-smile:
In the US you need to state your current relationship status, single or divorced.  Being married is an automatic disqualification.

Thankfully we live in the land of the free  tiphat
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Online Dogsoldier

• Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2018, 11:46:39 AM »

I wish that were true but we are not free at all. It’s all illusory.
All I know is that Moby knows nothing - Plato.
Wiz loves talking out of his A******e - Me.

Offline Colloc

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2018, 01:30:19 AM »
Well that went off topic rather quickly.
My question is when can we apply for another tourist visa?
For her most recent flight she flew into Edinburgh and on her immigration form stated that she was staying with me.
The only question they asked was whether I was a British citizen prior to stamping her passport.

I live in Scotland where an amicable divorce takes 12 months, a contested divorce takes 2 years and then goes before a sheriff to decide.
Being married for 18 years to a woman who has BPD I should have known that there was never going to be an amicable divorce even though she wanted it.

In spite of my ex's attempts to get me declared bankrupt I earn well in excess of the minimum earnings required.
There is more chance of hell freezing over before we could have a reconciliation

I was of the understanding that she can apply for an additional 6 month Visa, can this be done in the UK or does she have to go to the embassy in Moscow again?

Once again thanks for the constructive comments.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2018, 04:55:11 AM »
Well that went off topic rather quickly.
My question is when can we apply for another tourist visa?
For her most recent flight she flew into Edinburgh and on her immigration form stated that she was staying with me.
The only question they asked was whether I was a British citizen prior to stamping her passport.

I live in Scotland where an amicable divorce takes 12 months, a contested divorce takes 2 years and then goes before a sheriff to decide.
Being married for 18 years to a woman who has BPD I should have known that there was never going to be an amicable divorce even though she wanted it.

In spite of my ex's attempts to get me declared bankrupt I earn well in excess of the minimum earnings required.
There is more chance of hell freezing over before we could have a reconciliation

I was of the understanding that she can apply for an additional 6 month Visa, can this be done in the UK or does she have to go to the embassy in Moscow again?

Once again thanks for the constructive comments.

She will need to go to Moscow...

But if your divorce takes a long time and for example she applies for her third visa (Tourist) you could probably get here 2 year visa.. if she behaves and doesn't abuse the next visa..

By abuse I mean she stays in the UK the full 6 months of her visa..

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2018, 04:57:04 AM »

Its only the land of the free if you keep your mouth shut, pay your taxes , take your 1.5 holidays a year , have 1.5 kids and do not ask to many questions..about the lot running the country :laugh:

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2018, 05:14:03 PM »
@Colloc  Glad you got her in - you were lucky - but the UK immigration what out for folks who keep coming and wonder where the money comes from and WHERE they actually stay ;)

Please get divorced first... stick to General Visitor Visas - Tourist - until then ;)

@Steveboy - it's a but more... £18600 and more again if she already has a kid ..£22400

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immigration/visas-family-and-friends/getting-a-visa-for-your-spouse-or-partner-to-live-in-the-uk/

Oops. My mistake.  I seem to have past exchange rates "stuck" in my memory as the GBP has dropped in value.   :chuckle:  The exchange rate is now somewhat under $24K USD now.  But that is just a couple of thousand quid, so who really cares.   ;D :money:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2018, 04:50:39 AM »

Oops. My mistake.  I seem to have past exchange rates "stuck" in my memory as the GBP has dropped in value.   :chuckle:  The exchange rate is now somewhat under $24K USD now.  But that is just a couple of thousand quid, so who really cares.   ;D :money:

Who really cares about anything? I don't.. :laugh:

Offline Colloc

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2018, 06:09:34 AM »
Sorry but I am struggling to get my head around a few things.
You start a relationship with someone from another country outside the EU.
You very quickly realise that you are ideal for each other and would like to be together
As with any relationship you need time to get to know each other and only time will tell if your really are compatible.
The UK authorities don’t really recognise a relationship of less than 2 years and I can understand the logic in that, so with the current visa guidelines a visitor shouldn’t spend anymore than 50% of their 6 month visa in this country.
I am trying to work out what to do next, girlfriend will soon be coming up to the end of her latest visit.
This is her 2nd visit having previously been here for 3 weeks and now 4 weeks this time. So far she has spent 7 weeks with me, so how long should I plan for her next flights? I guess she only can stay another 6 weeks in the UK on her current visa?
She and her son are now totally dependent upon me as at my request she resigned from her job in order to spend time with me.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2018, 06:19:00 AM »
Oooer, girl gotta sponsor!

Seriously, you really did this thing? You are paying her to be at your beck and call?

One way or another this is going to come back and bite you on the ass!

In my opinion, what you have done is wrong.

You have made a family dependent upon you and your good will. If the relationship fails, as most do as people get to know each other better, then the woman will have lost her lifeline in an economy where lifelines are not so common. Or, even if she knows that she does not want to be with you, she remains with you because she has no other choice. You just gotta slave!
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Colloc

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2018, 06:56:10 AM »
Andrew,
Kindly keep your irrelevant comments to yourself.
You have made a judgement based on so little information and contributed nothing pertaining to my question.
You have no understanding of our relationship or the background and support she has.
You have previously posted on this thread that I was on the rebound and that I would end up back with my wife.
In my opinion, your input is irrelevant and unless you have something to contribute, go elsewhere.

Registration