The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Not returning home after the World Cup ..  (Read 796 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Not returning home after the World Cup ..
« on: July 05, 2018, 12:28:06 PM »
As I remember I don't think there was many visitors to the Olympic Games who loved London so much they wanted to stay on..?

Ok maybe a few never asked but stayed any way , if you know what I mean. But generally no one loved the place! It was just a shit hole that happened to be holding the Olympic Games nothing more..

But the news here is full of foreigners who love the country.. and want to stay and find work..  :laugh:

https://sport.rambler.ru/football-2018/40159631-angliyskiy-bolelschik-uvidel-rossiyu-i-zahotel-ostatsya/?utm_source=head&utm_campaign=self_promo&utm_medium=news&utm_content=news&updated

https://www.rt.com/sport/431835-citizenship-russia-brazil-fan-savoia/

There have been a few more also but I couldn't find the links..

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: Not returning home after the World Cup ..
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 05:29:10 PM »
Comparing the Opening ceremonies between the 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympics, it was a HUGE letdown in London.  They should have just cancelled the Games.   :chuckle:

For the 2016 Games, Brazil lost a ton of money erecting all of the sports complexes.  Waste of money to an impoverished country.  Also, one of the Olympic promoters from Brazil got locked up for corruption and bribery.   (:)
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 03:52:57 AM »
More people wanting to stay..  :laugh:

https://themoscowtimes.com/news/nigerian-fan-requests-asylum-russia-62131

We were out a few days ago and saw several probably Nigerians with two big trollies full with household stuff, pans, pots, brooms and the usual household stuff, wondered what they were doing.. now its all come clear..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 04:21:58 AM »
More people wanting to stay..  :laugh:

https://themoscowtimes.com/news/nigerian-fan-requests-asylum-russia-62131

We were out a few days ago and saw several probably Nigerians with two big trollies full with household stuff, pans, pots, brooms and the usual household stuff, wondered what they were doing.. now its all come clear..

Just what Russia needs; soon they will be telling you about there rich relative who died but excluded everyone with a dark sun tan from inheriting there millions. BUT STEVE YOU CAN HELP!  tiphat
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Registration