The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Celebrity Gossip  (Read 1350 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Celebrity Gossip
« on: June 25, 2018, 10:54:01 AM »
 :whistle:
Jeremy Clarkson, Anne Robinson, Michael Foot, and all at once, how much were the tickets for that do? Or was it something you watched on TV?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Celebrity Gossip
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 11:14:04 AM »
Jeremy Clarkson, Anne Robinson, Michael Foot, and all at once, how much were the tickets for that do? Or was it something you watched on TV?

Your problem with dealing with the truth is you thnk others behave like you...

Something I watched at the table..

I was A R's IT man in the day when most folks had modems I was setting clients up with channel bonded ISDN.

I was not invited per se.. Anne R's then hubbie called me on a Sunday to fix an urgent issue that was BTs and I was invited for dessert.

Clarkson referred to me as the Geek... until his wife#2 excused herself and I mentioned how JC had made a play for 'Wilma Flinstone' ( my then g/f )when we had rescued him from a break down situation in Pas de Calais in '88.

He was driving a De Tomaso Panterra..

Mrs Clarkson #2 wondered who had put her hubbie in his box.... as he was red faced on her return and the other diners were sniggering ..

Bloody intelligent bloke was Michael Foot... even though he came across as a plank on TV.
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 02:24:56 PM »
I have often wondered why J. Clarkson is not knighted. From my standpoint he has done more to raise the interest and standards of British car manufactures than 1001 adds from Rover or Jaguar have. Off course he is not very politically correct but with his opinions and statements as far as I can see he is mostly correct, it should Sir J. Clarkson.

On one of my first offshore sails I bought all of his books and manged in less than 10 days to finish them all. He is a great writer as well.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 02:31:36 PM »

I was A R's IT man in the day when most folks had modems I was setting clients up with channel bonded ISDN.

I was not invited per se.. Anne R's then hubbie called me on a Sunday to fix an urgent issue that was BTs and I was invited for dessert.

Clarkson referred to me as the Geek... until his wife#2 excused herself and I mentioned how JC had made a play for 'Wilma Flinstone' ( my then g/f )when we had rescued him from a break down situation in Pas de Calais in '88.

Mrs Clarkson #2 wondered who had put her hubbie in his box.... as he was red faced on her return and the other diners were sniggering ..

Bloody intelligent bloke was Michael Foot... even though he came across as a plank on TV.

Who doesn’t like a bit of fantasy?

:'(

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 04:43:46 PM »

In France, I suspect Michelin Road Side Assistance is more dependable than Moby BS Service.

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 04:47:33 PM »
Phantom post - please ignore

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 06:17:35 AM »

Thanks, Rosco - but I already knew you can't discern fact from fiction - not just by how you voted in the 'Brexit' referendum  - the above is but another example ..

I'm sure you will be protected from my observation

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 06:32:33 AM »

In France, I suspect Michelin Road Side Assistance is more dependable than Moby BS Service.

You might like to check for old copies of FastCar - they used to run Treasure Hunt Rallyes - Clarkson was the editor

We - The Flintstones -  entered in a Jag XJS registered VIJ 53... It was registered in my name ...As 'Wilma's friend and brother wanted to come - we turned up in a Citroen BX Estate - about which JC was rather scathing ...  'lowering the tone'

When we rescued him - he was placed in the Estate ( back part ) and his male co-driver sat in the back ....   He was flagging down cars - who didn't stop and - said, "Oh NO - not the Flintstones" ... when we stopped - Do you think mobile phones worked in rural France, AvHdB? 

We are mentioned and in the photos in the mag ( Sadly, 'Wilma' kept them)  ....   Please explain which part you might still think is 'BS' :coffeeread:

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 03:26:40 PM »

Thanks, Rosco - but I already knew you can't discern fact from fiction - not just by how you voted in the 'Brexit' referendum  - the above is but another example ..

Dream on butter cup. You may or may not have been involved in the Disney dinner party you describe but the prospect of you holding a room of celebrity with your unrivalled wit, is as credible as a wet fart in an elevator.

Oh and yes of course, Brexit. Another area where you know better than everyone else. This does beg a serious question though, if you can see what happens in the future, why are you such a loser?

Offline Jerash

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 05:57:45 PM »

Dream on butter cup. You may or may not have been involved in the Disney dinner party you describe but the prospect of you holding a room of celebrity with your unrivalled wit, is as credible as a wet fart in an elevator.

Oh and yes of course, Brexit. Another area where you know better than everyone else. This does beg a serious question though, if you can see what happens in the future, why are you such a loser?

C'mon Rosco, why do you even try?  Moby has been everywhere, knows everyone, and knows everything.

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 07:04:40 PM »

You might like to check for old copies of FastCar - they used to run Treasure Hunt Rallyes - Clarkson was the editor

We - The Flintstones -  entered in a Jag XJS registered VIJ 53... It was registered in my name ...As 'Wilma's friend and brother wanted to come - we turned up in a Citroen BX Estate - about which JC was rather scathing ...  'lowering the tone'

When we rescued him - he was placed in the Estate ( back part ) and his male co-driver sat in the back ....   He was flagging down cars - who didn't stop and - said, "Oh NO - not the Flintstones" ... when we stopped - Do you think mobile phones worked in rural France, AvHdB? 

We are mentioned and in the photos in the mag ( Sadly, 'Wilma' kept them)  ....   Please explain which part you might still think is 'BS' :coffeeread:

The XJS is an interesting vehicle, in one way attractive, but one would not associate this car with dependability for a rally of any distance.

I owned 2 Citroën BX's Estate's one was some ugly grey and the other very red which in The Netherlands at the time was very popular. It was ever so dependable and I managed on the red one to get it just over 500,000 KM which was in fact just above average. I note I dragged a Star to Hungary (Balaton) and multiple times Southern Germany. The high point though was driving around the Champs Elysee with a Star behind us a number of times until a local policeman ordered us out of the ring and stop playing bumper car.

Since you can not provide any proof with images I will assume your story is fantasy. I do not recall it in any of the vignettes written by J. Clarkson that I read some 5 years ago. Worth considering the Flintstones were/are not widely known in Europe

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2018, 02:22:33 AM »
Kinda sad that this forum's best known liar is trying so hard to convince us that he is telling the truth and in doing so makes himself even less credible.

If pretty much anyone else here told a similar story he'd probably be believed but moby has no chance of us swallowing his tall tales.

And, no, I don't believe him. Even as I understand his credibility problem, his past performance has made it impossible to believe anything from him. If he were to tell us that the sun was shining I'd go to the window to check for myself.

My best guess is that (the real) Timmy Mallet somehow got involved with Clarkson and moby saw a photo of the incident. ;)

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2018, 03:02:44 AM »

C'mon Rosco, why do you even try?  Moby has been everywhere, knows everyone, and knows everything.

It was a moment of weakness I guess?  :scared0005:

And yes Andrew, I think you’re right. It’s not the mad hatters tea party bit, where Anne Robinson invited her lowly handyman to join the celebrity table for lunch, because that’s what celebrity do (I’m forever asking the sky guy to join me and my family) but the bit about how he held the room with his charisma.

If there’s any small part of this that’s remotely true, why shit on it by making it out to be that far fetched. The blokes a nutter.

Online Guile

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2018, 04:03:13 AM »
moby, it ain't a good thing when everyone is basically saying you are a liar. 

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2018, 04:44:27 AM »
OK, I know that I am in the vanguard when it comes to highlighting the mendacity of moby but as I read this thread a thought occurred to me.

Just what is going through the mind of a person who knows they are disliked and unwanted and yet that person still tries to convince those around him that his lies are real and that we should somehow connect with him even though he is despised.

How lonely, how empty must that person's life be that he seeks to impress an audience composed of people who'd not be at all unhappy if they never heard from him again.

Online Guile

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2018, 05:26:31 AM »
well andrewfi you made a good observation.  moby harrassed me on the other Russian forum to the point of getting me banned.  He kept incessantly stirring up conflict even after I put him on ignore and told him many times to not talk to me.

I had enough and said I'd kick his ass if I ever found him.  Then he cried to the mods.  Now he's tracking my IP and stalking me.

Good thing I found out his real name and identity. 

As I told him he has no friends on any forum and doesn't understand why.  But hey he'll keep posting bikini pics of his girl to try and prove that someone "loves" him. 

Registration