The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian women seeking a better life abroad.. NOT  (Read 5932 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Russian women seeking a better life abroad.. NOT
« on: June 22, 2018, 05:49:26 AM »
A good article about Russian women and the loss of interest in marrying a foreigner..

https://themoscowtimes.com/articles/russian-women-theyre-just-not-that-into-you-51796

As I said many times , its already happened! Young women sly do not want to leave Russia anymore .. Of course there is always the very tiny few..

Life is better for most here with so many more opportunities than in Western Europe .. who needs to relocate to Sweden now just to have the latest I phone?

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: Russian women seeking a better life abroad.. NOT
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 04:27:17 PM »
Most people who immigrate elsewhere is not due to marriage nor employment.  It is often due to unsustainable conditions in your native land (e.g., war, poverty, disease, famine, persecution, revolution, etc.) and you are looking for alternatives (which you can see from the many news stories being reported world wide).  The same principle applies in centuries past.  When there is turmoil (like a major market crash), you have to act quickly because the times they are a changing.   ;D
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Jerash

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 04:59:19 PM »
DC, what exactly is your point besides stating the obvious?

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 05:26:55 PM »
Jerash

The point is do not believe what is told to you by anyone as being true.  Telemarketers will say that now is the best time to act (in up and down markets) just to hook you in as a customer.
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Texan77

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 10:41:16 PM »
A good article about Russian women and the loss of interest in marrying a foreigner..

https://themoscowtimes.com/articles/russian-women-theyre-just-not-that-into-you-51796

As I said many times , its already happened! Young women sly do not want to leave Russia anymore .. Of course there is always the very tiny few..

Life is better for most here with so many more opportunities than in Western Europe .. who needs to relocate to Sweden now just to have the latest I phone?

From here there are still those who will look but now there is a number of horror stories of other guys who brought home a FSU woman whose life did not turn out so well. The notion she is young, beautiful and will care for your ever wish dream no longer exist as much as it used to. Also now we have an increasing number of women in the USA who found it easier to be a sugar baby than go to school or become a fast food worker. Why become a sex tourist any more? Two to six hundred per visit she comes to your place twice a week or what ever you work out. Often Young, beautiful, white and completely lazy. Trade her in for a different model any time you want. There are web sites full of eager women.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 12:38:59 AM »
Dear Steveboy

( as you know - this is my third attempt )

Do you think your observation still applies to older ladies - those who have lived in Soviet times ?
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 05:27:00 AM »

From here there are still those who will look but now there is a number of horror stories of other guys who brought home a FSU woman whose life did not turn out so well. The notion she is young, beautiful and will care for your ever wish dream no longer exist as much as it used to. Also now we have an increasing number of women in the USA who found it easier to be a sugar baby than go to school or become a fast food worker. Why become a sex tourist any more? Two to six hundred per visit she comes to your place twice a week or what ever you work out. Often Young, beautiful, white and completely lazy. Trade her in for a different model any time you want. There are web sites full of eager women.

Exactly correct!! I have even told guys in the 70 and over looking for some fun /sex in Ukraine its cheaper to find a young hooker at home than waste all that money on flights and stupid women trying to rip you off..if not some sugar babe!  If I was younger I would be a sugar babe.. :laugh:

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 06:22:06 AM »
I have even told guys in the 70 and over looking for some fun /sex in Ukraine its cheaper to find a young hooker at home than waste all that money on flights and stupid women trying to rip you off..if not some sugar babe!  If I was younger I would be a sugar babe.. :laugh:

To recap the goals of Steveboy:

#1  To live forever.
#2  To have an island empire, where he is king, CEO and master at arms.
#3  To have a sex change.

Hey if it works for you goal for it!   :-X
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 09:40:44 AM »
I have even told guys in the 70 and over looking for some fun /sex in Ukraine its cheaper to find a young hooker at home than waste all that money on flights and stupid women trying to rip you off..if not some sugar babe!  If I was younger I would be a sugar babe.. :laugh:

#1  To live forever.

1. Working on it.. but not easy..

2. Thats going to be easier than finding a solution to live forever..

3. No Im not doing that! Probably one of the reasons I left the UK, it will be compulsory soon along with bar coding your forehead  :laugh:

Online AvHdB

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2018, 02:17:53 PM »

#1  To live forever.

1. Working on it.. but not easy..

2. Thats going to be easier than finding a solution to live forever..

3. No Im not doing that! Probably one of the reasons I left the UK, it will be compulsory soon along with bar coding your forehead  :laugh:

tiphat  Hope you are wrong.   :laugh:  Scared you might be correct  ???

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2018, 07:24:04 PM »
If this video is representative of the Russian dating scene,  western men might have a lot of competition for the few available ladies.

Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2018, 09:03:38 AM »
Dear Steveboy

( as you know - this is my third attempt )

Do you think your observation still applies to older ladies - those who have lived in Soviet times ?

Yes older women for 100% sure are still interested in seeking a life abroad , but remember that actual percentage of Russian women seeking a foreign man for marriage is tiny..

For the younger women it is totally finished!! Of course you may of attended the world cup in Russia and had lots of attention from some young Russian women but this attention is just curiosity as a member of this forum once told me, you can arrive in Moscow and show your US passport to a few young girls and of course! Your a foreigner so the interest will be there, the chat will be there, the interest in having a look at your passport will be there. BUT marring you and going to live in your country is a totally different matter.

Actually any mention of the phrase "Russian brides" is now outdated most big sites are slowly rebranding to become known as something more in lines with modern times . For example "Dream marriage " is now "Dream singles" A Date is doing the same sort of thing.  That goes for articles, stories and anything related to "Russian brides" has come to an end over the last few years and anyone selling the idea of "Russian brides" is also out of touch with reality.

Young Russian women sign up to dating sites to meet foreigners now for mostly one reason alone "Curiosity " and nothing more.

But there is good news for serious older guys who are not looking for a young model.. there are still plenty of 35/38 + year olds who could be interested..

Its just a completely different ball game to 10 years ago in fact even 5 years ago..

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2018, 12:10:46 AM »

Yes older women for 100% sure are still interested in seeking a life abroad , but remember that actual percentage of Russian women seeking a foreign man for marriage is tiny..

For the younger women it is totally finished!! Of course you may of attended the world cup in Russia and had lots of attention from some young Russian women but this attention is just curiosity

Steve,

you DO realise the photos on your very own website suggests, otherwise ? ;)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2018, 02:48:19 AM »

For the younger women it is totally finished!! Of course you may of attended the world cup in Russia and had lots of attention from some young Russian women but this attention is just curiosity

Steve,

you DO realise the photos on your very own website suggests, otherwise ? ;)

Yea you could say that :) BUT its the only stuff there that may give you an idea young women are available read any articles and its a different story..

And of course I never said NO young women are searching for a foreign guy, it is still possible but its a BIG BIG BIG task to find a young beauty today..a task that 99.5% will fail for sure..

As I remember I put up a $1000 wedding present to any guy on the forum who finds a young beauty under 30 from Russia to marry, that was a few years ago, never had any takers so I had to take back the offer..

Your in Russia enough Im sure you will agree the young so called "Russian bride" is well and truly dead..

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2018, 03:34:34 AM »

Your in Russia enough Im sure you will agree the young so called "Russian bride" is well and truly dead..

To be fair, I'm NOT currently in the Rodina - but when I'm helping out at the Russian F1 GP most of the guys and gals are young enough to be my kids and most of 'em would LOVE to leave Russia (( 

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2018, 04:20:45 AM »
No, moby, we can be sure, knows many people who know women who married foreign guys just last year and are blissfully happy and even now producing their second or third U.S. born child!
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2018, 09:21:07 AM »
No, moby, we can be sure, knows many people who know women who married foreign guys just last year and are blissfully happy and even now producing their second or third U.S. born child!

I certainly know better than you ...  Where have you been in Russia, recently - if at all no further than Piter ?

Andrewfi, the relationship and Russia 'expert'  :ROFL:

Online AvHdB

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2018, 09:40:53 AM »

Does Moby know any other human?

The human gestational term is 40 weeks. Two or three children born in the United States in there first year present is unlikely.

Should be noted I am teasing Andrew and Moby, it is a rare chance that you can poke both of them in the same post.

Offline Seasoned

• http://www.russian4bride.com
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2018, 04:21:37 PM »
The recent World Cup here in Russia has shown that many Russian women are keenly interested in marrying foreign men. This interest will be increasing steeply in unison with the ongoing economic meltdown. There are some Russian women who would never marry a foreigner, of course, it all depends on the upbringing and errr... values. But on the whole, there is a clear upwards trend, despite all the artificial barriers.
https://www.russian4bride.com - Russian and Ukrainian dating

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2018, 11:34:44 PM »

An example that suggests otherwise.. The former manger(ess?) of the Sochi is married to a Brit and was waiting for FLR ( Formal Leave to Remain) to permanently join her beau

She was smart and attractive and her staff loved her ....I think she'll do very well in the UK, too

Offline Manny

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2018, 07:42:34 AM »
There are some Russian women who would never marry a foreigner, of course, it all depends on the upbringing and errr... values.

What a bizarre quote from someone who loves America more than Russia. My, you are mixed up aren't you?

Wouldn't you jump at the chance to marry an American woman and live in a double wide in the US?  :gousa:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2018, 08:07:07 AM »
There are some Russian women who would never marry a foreigner, of course, it all depends on the upbringing and errr... values.

What a bizarre quote from someone who loves America more than Russia. My, you are mixed up aren't you?

Wouldn't you jump at the chance to marry an American woman and live in a double wide in the US?  :gousa:

American women only marry guys who can support them.. so thats him out for a start... :ROFL:

Offline Seasoned

• http://www.russian4bride.com
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2018, 09:52:24 AM »

Why, there are females who would never marry a foreigner - in any country. The reasons for this may be different but it is true.
https://www.russian4bride.com - Russian and Ukrainian dating

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2018, 10:54:39 AM »
Just been down town.. wow!! since the rouble crash and the up coming melt down of the Russian economy all the women have gone? hell knows where, maybe the airport ?  :Zzzzsleep:

I think all the flights to the US are already sold out.. :Zzzzsleep:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2018, 10:55:54 AM »
Corrected

An example that suggests otherwise.. The former manager(ess?) of the Sochi Park Inn  is married to a Brit and was waiting for FLR ( Formal Leave to Remain) to permanently join her beau

She was smart and attractive and her staff loved her ....I think she'll do very well in the UK, too

Registration