The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Justify Wins Triple Crown  (Read 814 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Justify Wins Triple Crown
« on: June 09, 2018, 05:03:48 PM »
Justify Wins the Triple Crown!

Justify becomes the 13th horse in history to win the triple crown!

The drought before that lasted so long — 37 years, in fact — that many began to believe that horse racing’s grand sweep would never again be accomplished.

Enter American Pharoah, who effortlessly floated around the expansive Belmont Park oval in 2015, then turned for home and hit the gas, pulling away from the field to send the capacity crowd into a prolonged state of euphoria. As he crossed the finish line, the racecaller exclaimed, “American Pharoah is finally the one!”

And now? JUSTIFY!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/09/sports/belmont-stakes-justify.amp.html

Offline Contrarian

Re: Justify Wins Triple Crown
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 05:19:53 PM »
Justify Wins the Triple Crown!

Justify becomes the 13th horse in history to win the triple crown!

The drought before that lasted so long — 37 years, in fact — that many began to believe that horse racing’s grand sweep would never again be accomplished.

Enter American Pharoah, who effortlessly floated around the expansive Belmont Park oval in 2015, then turned for home and hit the gas, pulling away from the field to send the capacity crowd into a prolonged state of euphoria. As he crossed the finish line, the racecaller exclaimed, “American Pharoah is finally the one!”

And now? JUSTIFY!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/09/sports/belmont-stakes-justify.amp.html

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 08:34:59 PM »
Payouts: A $2 Exacta paid $89, A $1 Trifecta paid $229 and a Superfecta over $1,000.

https://sports.nbcsports.com/2018/06/09/2018-belmont-full-payouts-after-justifys-triple-crown-victory/amp/

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 10:37:41 PM »
Confederate, Thanks for posting this. After the win at the Kentucky Derby, which I thought was amazing, I became too busy. To the 'Team Justify'  tiphat

Confederate did you have a change on this race?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 11:32:13 PM »
Confederate, Thanks for posting this. After the win at the Kentucky Derby, which I thought was amazing, I became too busy. To the 'Team Justify'  tiphat

Confederate did you have a change on this race?

I wish I could say yes but I wasn’t anywhere near a legal gambling place.  :nod: