The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Just saying Hello:)  (Read 11961 times)

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Just saying Hello:)
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2018, 03:20:42 PM »
As a heads up the poster and moderator Manny owns this tent. Send him a private message, the idea seems to have merit. I suspect if the signature is a link to your site it is not accepted. Some members just put a favorite quote, promote there trip reports or suggest a product that they believe in.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2018, 01:47:08 PM »
The signature link here, does it come at a cost?:) I didn't see anywhere how much it is. The function is available, so I put it there, but it was removed. Having a function that is available to a user and then destroying the user's info after he has used the available function might not be the most user-friendly approach. Besides, the forum is ranked 6.5mln.+ in Alexa, why not allow a signature with a link to a random visitor who may boost the forum's popularity?:) I can reciprocate it by mentioning the forum in one of our online articles (with a permanent dofollow backlink). Our site is not huge or even big, for that matter, but the attendance is 6 times higher if we trust Alexa and we do plan incremental expansion.

Again, read your welcome PM >here<. Backlink or similar is all we ask, why we put it the welcome PM.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2018, 12:20:40 PM »
Wow:) Own private island kingdom and live forever - this sounds like a plan.  :)
A question to Jerash though - why do you think Navalny is an idiot? I mean, all the guy wanted was to run for president and was refused this under the pretext of a criminal case against him which was proven fabricated by the European Court of Human Rights (Navalny was even compensated by the putinists who obeyed this ruling and paid a handsome fine to Navalny). If Putin wasn't afraid of him, what's the problem? Let the guy run against you, crush him with your landslide victory... It seems like Putin is so scared he is even afraid to pronounce his name, he never does this when he is referring to him.
Let me also remind you that Navalny was the runner-up in the mayor elections in Moscow (2013) and got a whopping 27% vote. Sobianin won only because he had the whole administrative apparatus on his side.

Andrey from Russian4bride.com  My ex business partner..  :laugh:

Did you make your fortune yet Andrey?
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2018, 12:26:39 PM »
This bloke is as Russian as me. Watch his posting times to see when his mummy sends him to bed.

Known the guy for many years....he's Russian for sure, once was kind of my partner until I realised he didn't like to much work and thought I moved to St Petersburg to just go out on the weekends fighting and spending my time with hookers in the suana..

So we parted company..or I kicked him out..

Hows life treating you Andrey?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2018, 12:34:40 PM »

It is ironic though that you said I didn't read what you said and then called me a Putinist.  I am no such thing; I did not say that and I don't align myself with anyone.  I reserve my rights to be an independent person and I reject any label you try to pin to me.  That being said, thank God Putin is in charge now and not Navalny.  Competence vs Incompetence....  In Russia things get done differently and you should know this if you are really Russian.  You do know that Russia isn't going to drop its drawers and beg for an American-NATO arsefcuk, right???           

Not a putinist, fair enough. Are you a Russian? You sound like a Brit.
There is a special layer of foreigners putinists use to their advantage perfectly well - the ones disappointed about their home countries. It is just a thought, it is not necessarily related to you personally, but I have certainly met some Westerners like that.

A) Hate Russia and believe that NATO and company led by the USA       

Why "hate putinism"="hate Russia"?

The third option to think for yourself isn’t given.       

Here is your third option - like Russia, dislike putinism:)

A) Did Moby put you up to this?

B) Are you related to Ste?       

A) No, I don't know Moby
B) No, but I have met him in Spb more than once, it is a small town:)

Send him a message, he has some decided opinions regarding the cross cultural dating scene       

I know his opinions well enough.:) I agree with some, disagree with others.

P.S. Three posts above, I could not cope with the "quote" function and the system produced duplicate posts, sorry about the inconvenience.

Andrey why don't you just face up to the fact that you might have to work for a living one day .. like everyone else.. Communism has finished so your not ever going to get your free apartment and ride in life..and be equal to everyone else..

Remember you told me once life is not as good today as in the communist times when it comes to women? Cos not everyone is equal today some guys have lots more than others. Thats from work mate! Some thing you don't seem to understand about.. :laugh:

Offline Jerash

Just saying Hello:)
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2018, 12:40:53 PM »
Ahhh lazy guy. Understand now why he’s a Navalny lover. Can’t wrap his head around the hard and complicated work of what it means to run the Russian state. Easier to bitch and complain ! )))))

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2018, 12:45:33 PM »
Ahhh lazy guy. Understand now why he’s a Navalny lover. Can’t wrap his head around the hard and complicated work of what it means to run the Russian state. Easier to bitch and complain ! )))))

He's been doing it for years and years!! Nothing Changes..

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2018, 03:27:05 AM »
Andrey why don't you just face up to the fact that you might have to work for a living one day .. like everyone else.. Communism has finished so your not ever going to get your free apartment and ride in life..and be equal to everyone else..

Remember you told me once life is not as good today as in the communist times when it comes to women? Cos not everyone is equal today some guys have lots more than others. Thats from work mate! Some thing you don't seem to understand about.. :laugh:

And just like that.....all the dots get joined up.  :ROFL:

Offline Seasoned

• http://www.russian4bride.com
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2018, 05:31:30 PM »
Manny, thank you for your feedback, I have mentioned your forum here and left a direct link to it (https://www.russian4bride.com/magazine/russian-online-dating), I have restored my signature, hope you don't mind. In this article there is a cool video provided to us by one of our sponsors, Russian anecdotes, hope you all enjoy it.:)

Known the guy for many years....he's Russian for sure, once was kind of my partner until I realised he didn't like to much work and thought I moved to St Petersburg to just go out on the weekends fighting and spending my time with hookers in the suana..

So we parted company..or I kicked him out..

Hows life treating you Andrey?       

Oh, you want to discuss it in public?:) Fine, Steve, so, guys, here is my understanding of what happened: this guy just used my gullibility, I worked for him for free (absolutely, literally for free) for 2+ years, reworked and promoted the Russian version of the site, among other things (badly or well, this is debatable, I did spend hundreds of work hours on the chap, maybe even thousands, absolutely for free, besides doing what I had to do for a living and for supporting my girlfriend financially, it is not like I was finding cash under my pillow in the morning and then running to a sauna crowded with eager hookers in the evening), and then he indeed kicked me out after he realized he could do without me. Once again, I got nothing off this. My mistake though, I was too trustworthy back then, he taught me to trust no one, even your close "friends", so thank you for the lesson, Steve. I have made a site of my own, it is increasingly popular and will be monetized soon.
My site is superior to yours, we both know that and that's why you are trying to copy some of my features, while I haven't copied any of yours, I made mine from absolute scratch including the design, - you even copied a security sign at a certain point, lol (like it golden, right?:)))) Visitors-wise, if you check Alexa, I am catching up fast and I haven't even begun the promotion in earnest yet. Your site is several years older than mine but I am not seeing much progress when I take a look at it once in two-three months...
As to my life in general, thank you for the concern and the inquiry, both the hookers and the regular females still adore me, hope you don't mind.
Yes, women were better under communism, but we have to deal with what we have today. We have been living under the cut-throat, laisser-faire, Milton Friedman type of capitalism (exacerbated by putinism, nepotism and corruption and you name it by what else) here in Russia for decades now, so no worries, I work hard and pay my bills (once again, thank you for the concern and the inquiry).
The last but not the least, Steve, the recent Wolrd Cup has totally debunked your weird fantasies about how impenetrable many of the Russian females are to the advances of foreign men - I have witnessed thousands of young, nubile Russian girls eagerly looking forward to meeting Western men of all ages - on the Konushennaya Street beside the Fan Zone and basically everywhere around the city, so I am sure the business has a huge potential, both here in Russia and in Ukraine. I have even helped one Russian girl to notarize her papers to immigrate to the Great Britain. Russia is becoming increasingly poor because of the current foreign policies, we are entering the Venezuela type scenario, in my view. I think a rough autumn is ahead and the ruble will keep tanking and tanking while the prices for the most basic stuff, including groceries, will keep spiking. But you are welcome to adore Putin and his buddies oligarchs who have recently increased VAT and the pension age and the petrol prices and so forth, as much as you like, I don't really care. Doubt you would still have the same sentiment if you were an ageing Russian and were staring down the barrel of a pension of 100-200 dollars per month after you get 65 y.o. My mother studied for nine years to become a doctor, has worked for all her life and Putin is paying her the pension in the amount of USD180 per month. I find it ridiculous and completely unacceptable. It is just one example, I can give thousands.
P.S. This guy is rude to quite many of you here on the forum and despises many of you openly, so you can only imagine how he can treat a partner. Again, I don't blame him, it was all my mistake to begin with. A life lesson, if you will.
https://www.russian4bride.com - Russian and Ukrainian dating

Offline Seasoned

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2018, 10:19:14 AM »
By the way, Steve, how come your main site is still not mobile friendly after all these years? You can check it here: https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly
You need to work harder perhaps? What is holding you back? The number of visitors, according to Alexa, is still about the same as it was when we parted several years ago, despite your paid advertisement on Yandex and so forth. I clearly remember you told me you would be a millionaire in several years. Are you a millionaire yet?:) I made no such claims, all I said I was going to make a premium niche dating site and would have it fully operational. I have done what I intended to do as you can see... You know better than anyone else it wasn't easy and you still call me lazy?:) Come on... Maybe you need to visit a Russian sauna for inspiration?

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
Just saying Hello:)
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2018, 11:46:21 AM »
By the way, Steve,

I have a number of competitors in my industry. I see them at social
functions and business functions all the time. Some act like spoiled
jealous school children and some don't.

My industry is small enough that I can go to any trade show and talk
with people I know. I use the opportunity to learn about new industry
trends and such, while others act like girls who realize they don't have
the prettiest dress at the ball. 

My advice,
First when making a long post make sure you break it up with a space
very 4-5 lines, it makes it easier to read.

Second
He fired at you, you fired back at him. Hopefully this forum doesn't have
to experience another child like squabble. If he doesn't shoot at you then
don't shoot at him.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online AvHdB

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2018, 12:19:03 PM »
Hopefully Seasoned you will continue to post. It is useful to hear the other side.
My advice,

Second
don't shoot at him.
Lange Bill, Good advice, I would only add; judge the post and not the poster. I might add not always easy to do.

Offline Seasoned

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2018, 01:34:02 PM »
     My advice,

Second
don't shoot at him.           

A good advice, thank you. And I do apologize for the long post, didn't plan to make it that long in the beginning, spreadsheets are not the best read format on a forum indeed. And no, I don't plan a squabble, I just responded to the questions and to the accusations, to the best of my ability. It takes two parties for the readers to draw their conclusions, now they are well-informed:). I had absolutely no intention to bring the laundry to the scrutiny of the public eye to begin with, all I did was respond with my take on the lay of the land. 

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2018, 10:20:18 AM »
By the way, Steve, how come your main site is still not mobile friendly after all these years? You can check it here: https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly
You need to work harder perhaps? What is holding you back? The number of visitors, according to Alexa, is still about the same as it was when we parted several years ago, despite your paid advertisement on Yandex and so forth. I clearly remember you told me you would be a millionaire in several years. Are you a millionaire yet?:) I made no such claims, all I said I was going to make a premium niche dating site and would have it fully operational. I have done what I intended to do as you can see... You know better than anyone else it wasn't easy and you still call me lazy?:) Come on... Maybe you need to visit a Russian sauna for inspiration?

:laugh: :laugh:  Yeah yeah...  :Zzzzsleep: :Zzzzsleep: Im not even wasting my time with you...

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2018, 10:25:08 AM »
My site is superior to yours, we both know that and that's why you are trying to copy some of my features, while I haven't copied any of yours, I made mine from absolute scratch including the design, - you even copied a security sign at a certain point, lol (like it golden, right?:)))) Visitors-wise, if you check Alexa, I am catching up fast and I haven't even begun the promotion in earnest yet. Your site is several years older than mine but I am not seeing much progress when I take a look at it once in two-three months...
As to my life in general, thank you for the concern and the inquiry, both the hookers and the regular females still adore me, hope you don't mind.

Dear members of this forum.. as many know my web site is totally free for you to test.. PLEASE PLEASE also sign up to this competitors site and draw your own conclusions..its all I need say :laugh:

Its the last I shall be saying on this stupid matter..

Offline Wiz

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2018, 11:12:24 AM »
Mine Is Bigger than Yours!

or better

:ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2018, 11:19:43 AM »
Mine Is Bigger than Yours!

or better

:ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:

Good one Wiz!  :laugh:

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2018, 11:29:08 AM »

Dear members of this forum.. as many know my web site is totally free for you to test.. PLEASE PLEASE also sign up to this competitors site and draw your own conclusions..its all I need say :laugh:

Its the last I shall be saying on this stupid matter..

Yes but do “the hookers and regular females still adore” you?  :chuckle:

Offline Manny

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2018, 12:31:08 PM »
I am reminded of some of the late Jack Bragg's exchanges with all this between Steve and Andrey.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2018, 12:51:02 PM »
I am reminded of some of the late Jack Bragg's exchanges with all this between Steve and Andrey.

Sadly Jack's battles, rants and tirades did nothing to enhance his reputation or increase his business success.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2018, 01:24:33 PM »

I have nothing else to say on the matter ... All I would suggest is Andrey watches a few episodes of "The apprentice " Nothing is free in life.. and usually you have to work to make things happen..work usually involves more than 5 hours a week..lol

And further more Im not in this forum to promote my web business.. Im just here for some fun..and nothing more.. tiphat

Offline Manny

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2018, 01:29:46 PM »
I think he is a welcome addition to the site. We need a bit of fresh blood. So it'd be nice if you two could either get along or ignore each other ongoing. Sniping at each other isnt healthy. There's room for both of you.  tiphat

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2018, 01:40:34 PM »
I think he is a welcome addition to the site. We need a bit of fresh blood. So it'd be nice if you two could either get along or ignore each other ongoing. Sniping at each other isnt healthy. There's room for both of you.  tiphat

Fine by me I will ignore the gentleman.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2018, 01:44:04 PM »
I think he is a welcome addition to the site. We need a bit of fresh blood. So it'd be nice if you two could either get along or ignore each other ongoing. Sniping at each other isnt healthy. There's room for both of you.

Fine by me I will ignore the gentleman.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Than all is good, we we can ignore the dolt gentleman who desires an island.

Offline Seasoned

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2018, 03:47:16 PM »
 :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: