The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Just saying Hello:)  (Read 11959 times)

Offline Seasoned

• http://www.russian4bride.com
  • Trips: Resident
Just saying Hello:)
« on: June 07, 2018, 07:37:45 AM »
Hi, I have been around this great site for quite a while, mostly in the reading mode, so it is my second post here, just wanted to say Hello to everyone. I represent a Russian/Ukrainian dating site russian4bride.com - it is a cool user-friendly resource, absolutely mobile-friendly and absolutely free (at the moment). So, everyone is welcome.  tiphat
https://www.russian4bride.com - Russian and Ukrainian dating

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Just saying Hello:)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 08:57:17 AM »
Welcome to RUA!

I suspect the moderators will modify or ask you to modify your membership.

It would be interesting if you gave us more background and your perspective on the reality in the former Soviet Union. Av
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Seasoned

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 10:43:18 AM »
   It would be interesting if you gave us more background and your perspective on the reality in the former Soviet Union.             

An interesting question.:) I am a Russian, lived in the US and other Western countries for some years. Briefly, I can say that I respect Navalny, Nemtsov and so forth. Cannot say I respect those currently in power here in Russia, RT and local propaganda. A serious economic meltdown is inevitable here in Russia I think, so there is some hope. A lot depends on the EU and the US too, I think they have been too meek, especially the EU. The policy of appeasement never works out well and the money does smell sometime, if you know what I mean.
As to the former Soviet Union at large, we are observing a lot of interesting shifts, rifts and so forth.
You wife is from Ukraine I see. Their biggest mid-term threat has a name imho, its name is Timoshenko. I know Ukrainian (learnt it for fun), watch Espreso, Hromadske and other channels sometimes. 

Offline Jerash

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 01:34:33 PM »
   It would be interesting if you gave us more background and your perspective on the reality in the former Soviet Union.             

An interesting question.:) I am a Russian, lived in the US and other Western countries for some years. Briefly, I can say that I respect Navalny, Nemtsov and so forth. Cannot say I respect those currently in power here in Russia, RT and local propaganda. A serious economic meltdown is inevitable here in Russia I think, so there is some hope. A lot depends on the EU and the US too, I think they have been too meek, especially the EU. The policy of appeasement never works out well and the money does smell sometime, if you know what I mean.
As to the former Soviet Union at large, we are observing a lot of interesting shifts, rifts and so forth.
You wife is from Ukraine I see. Their biggest mid-term threat has a name imho, its name is Timoshenko. I know Ukrainian (learnt it for fun), watch Espreso, Hromadske and other channels sometimes.

I definitely wonder who you really are, since Russians don’t describe a meltdown of the Russian economy as “hope”.  Probably a Russian living safely far away from Russia with no real clue how it really is here or what is really going on here.

Navalny, Babchenko, and Timoshenko - I see you are in the looney camp, and completely clued out.

Let it be noted for all that the Navalny supporter hopes for the economic meltdown of Russia.

And that is exactly why no stable-minded people consider Navalny to be of any significance at all, except his Western backers.

You will be disappointed to know that your economic forecasts are about as amateurish as the people you think are politically significant.

We are doing quite well here in Russia and keep moving in the right direction.

Offline Seasoned

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 01:50:10 PM »
        I definitely wonder who you really are, since Russians don’t describe a meltdown of the Russian economy as “hope”.  Probably a Russian living safely far away from Russia with no real clue how it really is here or what is really going on here.

Navalny, Babchenko, and Timoshenko - I see you are in the looney camp, and completely clued out.

Let it be noted for all that the Navalny supporter hopes for the economic meltdown of Russia.

And that is exactly why no stable-minded people consider Navalny to be of any significance at all, except his Western backers.

You will be disappointed to know that your economic forecasts are about as amateurish as the people you think are politically significant.

WE? Who are we and who has entitled you to speak on behalf of all the Russians? I have heard it all many times. The history is the only and the ruthless judge, we will see what She says, quite soon. What is the right direction in your view? The thing is, I don't see any direction, all I see is pure and simple feudalism from the beginning of the 19th century.
By hope I meant the famous battle between the fridge and the tvset. I think the tvset is losing already... Gas (aka petrol) prices have jumped over the cliff recently, for instance. Rubble keeps falling even on the backdrop of high oil prices, what will happen to it if/when oil costs 30 bucks again? Over 20 million Russians live below the poverty line (which itself is a joke, like 150 dollars per month, so in reality the penury rates are way higher), over 60% of Russians don't have any savings and live from hand to mouth. Et cetera. All this is the direct result of today's regime policies you fully support.
And it is not about Nemtsov or Navalny at all, it is about ideas - they are bulletproof and you cannot throw them to prison. By and large, Russia is a European country, it is built mostly on the European culture (literature, theater, science, music, architecture, you name it).
By the way, you probably didn't read what I said. As a putinist you probably should support Timoshenko, I said she is a clear-cut threat to today's Ukraine. The Kremlin would surely adore having her as the next Ukr president.
Anyway, I have enough of these discussions on other forums, I don't plan to have them here as well.:)
P.S. I live in Saint Petersburg, good enough for you?

Offline Jerash

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 03:47:08 PM »

We are doing quite well here in Russia and keep moving in the right direction

WE? Who are we and who has entitled you to speak on behalf of all the Russians? I have heard it all many times.

WE, was we living in Russia, assuming you were living in Florida, etc.  You're in St. Pete, so I acknowledge my mistake and fair enough.

The history is the only and the ruthless judge, we will see what She says, quite soon. What is the right direction in your view? The thing is, I don't see any direction, all I see is pure and simple feudalism from the beginning of the 19th century.

I think you should have paid better attention in your history courses, because, if you had, you would understand that there is nothing even similar to feudalism today in Russia.  Indeed, Russia never even had this Western system.  So, assuming you're talking about serfdom, which did exist in Russia, again, I am completely confused because this system isn't present in Russia either these days.  If you personally feel like a slave, well, I don't know, get a job, emigrate, do something.  But definitely there is no serfdom here.

By hope I meant the famous battle between the fridge and the tvset. I think the tvset is losing already... Gas (aka petrol) prices have jumped over the cliff recently, for instance. Rubble keeps falling even on the backdrop of high oil prices, what will happen to it if/when oil costs 30 bucks again? Over 20 million Russians live below the poverty line (which itself is a joke, like 150 dollars per month, so in reality the penury rates are way higher), over 60% of Russians don't have any savings and live from hand to mouth. Et cetera. All this is the direct result of today's regime policies you fully support.

Why not guess how many people don't have any savings in the rich and successful West?  You might be surprised.  While oil prices have dropped over the last several years, Russia didn't collapse.  The economy didn't collapse because Russia has been diversifying and is continuing to diversify the economy.  When the last round of sanctions kicked in a month or two ago, another 5 roubles was lost of the dollar.  But what is interesting is that the Central Bank was confident enough that they didn't take any measures to protect the currency.  They let it float free and clear and all that was lost was 5 rubles (which of course isn't great).  No runs on the banks either.  Times have changed.  I would be scared out of my skin if some lowlife like Navalny ever got anywhere near anything that even looked like power.  The guy is clueless and it is a good laugh that some people think he could manage economic and state affairs.

And it is not about Nemtsov or Navalny at all, it is about ideas - they are bulletproof and you cannot throw them to prison. By and large, Russia is a European country, it is built mostly on the European culture (literature, theater, science, music, architecture, you name it).

Yes, there's European influence for sure, but also Asian influence.  And there is something uniquely Russian.  As to ideas, you are right, they can't be locked up, but certainly idiots like Navalny can be shut up and I won't shed a tear if they chuck him in the clink for good.  His only aim is to destabilize the state, which will create misery for all (this is what you call "hope").

By the way, you probably didn't read what I said. As a putinist you probably should support Timoshenko, I said she is a clear-cut threat to today's Ukraine. The Kremlin would surely adore having her as the next Ukr president.

You're right, I did misread.  I don't really know beyond that though, Ukraine is a basket case.  Someone who might be open to Russia?  That sounds like sanity for that very sad nation.  They are in a nightmare (I mean dream world) right now pretending they aren't a neighbour of Russia. 

It is ironic though that you said I didn't read what you said and then called me a Putinist.  I am no such thing; I did not say that and I don't align myself with anyone.  I reserve my rights to be an independent person and I reject any label you try to pin to me.  That being said, thank God Putin is in charge now and not Navalny.  Competence vs Incompetence....  In Russia things get done differently and you should know this if you are really Russian.  You do know that Russia isn't going to drop its drawers and beg for an American-NATO arsefcuk, right???

Anyway, I have enough of these discussions on other forums, I don't plan to have them here as well.:)

Agreed, although you started it))).  Anyway, Moby reads the Retardian too so he'll soon be along to take up your position.

No, it is not good enough.  It is too cold, too hot, too dark, and too bright!)) :nod: tiphat

Online AvHdB

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 05:08:23 PM »
Seasoned, thank you for engaging it is interesting to hear another opinion even if does not conform to certain perceptions. I was more expecting info on the dating side via agency's such as yours. If you wish to discuss political issues feel free to do so. Thick skin is a major asset if yes, the stupid level can be astonishing here and elsewhere.

For what it is worth I tend to doubt that Goldilocks i.e. Timoschenko will ever rise again to a politician with a large standing.

We have an anotherl poster, Steveboy, who moved from St. Petersburg to Moscow and also manages a dating site. I think you need ten posts to use the message feature on RUA. Send him a message, he has some decided opinions regarding the cross cultural dating scene

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 05:19:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

For virtually any topic, you can find polar viewpoints on it.  My opinion on any topic reflects how the topic directly impacts or had impacted me.  So any other diverging viewpoint can go to  :censored: for all I care.   :chuckle:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 05:25:53 PM »

WE? Who are we and who has entitled you to speak on behalf of all the Russians? I have heard it all many times. The history is the only and the ruthless judge, we will see what She says, quite soon. What is the right direction in your view? The thing is, I don't see any direction, all I see is pure and simple feudalism from the beginning of the 19th century.

A) Did Moby put you up to this?

B) Are you related to Ste?

Okay, those are my only two questions. Carry on. :chuckle:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 06:04:26 PM »
Jerash wrote:
You called me a Putinist.  I am no such thing; I did not say that and I don't align myself with anyone.  I reserve my rights to be an independent person and I reject any label you try to pin to me.  That being said, thank God Putin is in charge now and not Navalny.  Competence vs Incompetence....  In Russia things get done differently and you should know this if you are really Russian.  You do know that Russia isn't going to drop its drawers and beg for an American-NATO arsefcuk, right???

I pretty much agree with this sentiment. The western “media” offers only two choices:

A) Hate Russia and believe that NATO and company led by the USA must “save” Russia with yet another bloody war and a western aligned puppet government.

B) Be labeled a pro-Putin lap-dog (Moby and Donkhollio will be along shortly to do this).

The third option to think for yourself isn’t given.

Offline Seasoned

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2018, 06:35:50 PM »

It is ironic though that you said I didn't read what you said and then called me a Putinist.  I am no such thing; I did not say that and I don't align myself with anyone.  I reserve my rights to be an independent person and I reject any label you try to pin to me.  That being said, thank God Putin is in charge now and not Navalny.  Competence vs Incompetence....  In Russia things get done differently and you should know this if you are really Russian.  You do know that Russia isn't going to drop its drawers and beg for an American-NATO arsefcuk, right???           

Not a putinist, fair enough. Are you a Russian? You sound like a Brit.
There is a special layer of foreigners putinists use to their advantage perfectly well - the ones disappointed about their home countries. It is just a thought, it is not necessarily related to you personally, but I have certainly met some Westerners like that.

A) Hate Russia and believe that NATO and company led by the USA       

Why "hate putinism"="hate Russia"?

Here is your third option - like Russia, dislike putinism:)

A) No, I don't know Moby
B) No, but I have met him in Spb more than once, it is a small town:)

Send him a message, he has some decided opinions regarding the cross cultural dating scene       

I know his opinions well enough.:) I agree with some, disagree with others.

P.S. Three posts above, I could not cope with the "quote" function and the system produced duplicate posts, sorry about the inconvenience.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2018, 06:56:07 PM »

Not a putinist, fair enough. Are you a Russian? You sound like a Brit.
There is a special layer of foreigners putinists use to their advantage perfectly well - the ones disappointed about their home countries. It is just a thought, it is not necessarily related to you personally, but I have certainly met some Westerners like that.

A) Hate Russia and believe that NATO and company led by the USA       

Why "hate putinism"="hate Russia"?

Here is your third option - like Russia, dislike putinism:)

A) No, I don't know Moby
B) No, but I have met him in Spb more than once, it is a small town:)

Here is another “third option”: like Russia and be ambivalent about Putin. I don’t see a need to hate him.

So you know Ste from the U.K.? He is some sort of self-employed computer specialist.

In regards to propaganda I find Western propaganda to be just as tyrannical as you apparently think about pro-Putin propaganda.

PS. Jerash is Canadian, I am not Jerash. We are two different people.

Offline Seasoned

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2018, 07:05:36 PM »
   like Russia and be ambivalent about Putin. I don’t see a need to hate him.       

I used to be ambivalent about him (I was even pro-putin to a certain extent) till 2014. Not anymore. It is not so much about him personally, it is all about the system that he has built. You may not realize how deep the rabbit hole goes if you allow for some room for ambivalence in his case, imho.

So you know Ste from the U.K.? He is some sort of self-employed computer specialist.         

Yes, have met him a few times here in Spb.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2018, 07:44:11 PM »
   like Russia and be ambivalent about Putin. I don’t see a need to hate him.       

I used to be ambivalent about him (I was even pro-putin to a certain extent) till 2014. Not anymore. It is not so much about him personally, it is all about the system that he has built. You may not realize how deep the rabbit hole goes if you allow for some room for ambivalence in his case, imho.

Yes, have met him a few times here in Spb.

1. I can afford to be ambivalent; I’m American.

2. Suspect you might be referring to Steveboy, a different character than Ste. (?)

Offline Seasoned

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2018, 08:01:59 PM »
1. Ok. Well, I am ambivalent towards Trump.:)
2. Yes, since AvHdB asked about him, I didn't know there is also a Ste.:)

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2018, 08:18:49 PM »
2. Yes, since AvHdB asked about him, I didn't know there is also a Ste.:)

I mentioned Ste because when he talks about his Russian in-laws he says they are dissidents.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2018, 09:50:16 PM »
'Just the facts mam'

The poster named Ste represents a more socialist and liberal standpoint on RUA. He drive a Masserati and has laid back sense of humour.

Steveboy now in Moscow runs and owns a site with profiles of women for Western men to date/marrry. He also owns property in Transnistria, he is a rather cynical poster. He wants to retire to his own private island kingdom and live forever.

Offline Seasoned

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2018, 10:04:15 PM »
Wow:) Own private island kingdom and live forever - this sounds like a plan.  :)
A question to Jerash though - why do you think Navalny is an idiot? I mean, all the guy wanted was to run for president and was refused this under the pretext of a criminal case against him which was proven fabricated by the European Court of Human Rights (Navalny was even compensated by the putinists who obeyed this ruling and paid a handsome fine to Navalny). If Putin wasn't afraid of him, what's the problem? Let the guy run against you, crush him with your landslide victory... It seems like Putin is so scared he is even afraid to pronounce his name, he never does this when he is referring to him.
Let me also remind you that Navalny was the runner-up in the mayor elections in Moscow (2013) and got a whopping 27% vote. Sobianin won only because he had the whole administrative apparatus on his side.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2018, 02:07:54 AM »
This bloke is as Russian as me. Watch his posting times to see when his mummy sends him to bed.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2018, 02:21:17 AM »
This bloke is as Russian as me. Watch his posting times to see when his mummy sends him to bed.
Only forum admins can say where he posts from, for sure. As Moscow/St.Pete are only +1 from Europe (Estonia), I doubt his posting times can be used to make any kind of assumption.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2018, 02:53:41 AM »
Only forum admins can say where he posts from, for sure. As Moscow/St.Pete are only +1 from Europe (Estonia), I doubt his posting times can be used to make any kind of assumption.

Sadly I was not being entirely literal.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Seasoned

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2018, 06:35:40 AM »

That's a compliment.:) Well, I sleep at odd hours. Why would I lie regarding this? Or you guys believe only foreigners can like Navalny and dislike Putin? Do these guys look like foreigners to you? -

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2018, 08:04:07 AM »

Remember Hairy Boris owns a forum so he will be up impersonating women.

Offline Seasoned

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2018, 08:14:59 AM »
A dating site, not a forum. Why, I am not hairy, I am not a Boris and I do no such atrocious things.:) The ladies come from search and advertisement, they can handle the conversations themselves. There is even an inbuilt online translator on the Russian side to help their efforts. You can easily see the difference - all fake dating sites contain only young beauty queens, a regular dating site has all sorts of females, including the ones who are not that young and not that beautiful, to put it mildly.:)

Offline Seasoned

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2018, 02:44:25 PM »
The signature link here, does it come at a cost?:) I didn't see anywhere how much it is. The function is available, so I put it there, but it was removed. Having a function that is available to a user and then destroying the user's info after he has used the available function might not be the most user-friendly approach. Besides, the forum is ranked 6.5mln.+ in Alexa, why not allow a signature with a link to a random visitor who may boost the forum's popularity?:) I can reciprocate it by mentioning the forum in one of our online articles (with a permanent dofollow backlink). Our site is not huge or even big, for that matter, but the attendance is 6 times higher if we trust Alexa and we do plan incremental expansion.

Registration