Welcome! > New Member Introductions

Just saying Hello:)

(1/11) > >>

Seasoned:
Hi, I have been around this great site for quite a while, mostly in the reading mode, so it is my second post here, just wanted to say Hello to everyone. I represent a Russian/Ukrainian dating site russian4bride.com - it is a cool user-friendly resource, absolutely mobile-friendly and absolutely free (at the moment). So, everyone is welcome.  tiphat

AvHdB:
Welcome to RUA!

I suspect the moderators will modify or ask you to modify your membership.

It would be interesting if you gave us more background and your perspective on the reality in the former Soviet Union. Av

Seasoned:

--- Quote ---   It would be interesting if you gave us more background and your perspective on the reality in the former Soviet Union.             
--- End quote ---

An interesting question.:) I am a Russian, lived in the US and other Western countries for some years. Briefly, I can say that I respect Navalny, Nemtsov and so forth. Cannot say I respect those currently in power here in Russia, RT and local propaganda. A serious economic meltdown is inevitable here in Russia I think, so there is some hope. A lot depends on the EU and the US too, I think they have been too meek, especially the EU. The policy of appeasement never works out well and the money does smell sometime, if you know what I mean.
As to the former Soviet Union at large, we are observing a lot of interesting shifts, rifts and so forth.
You wife is from Ukraine I see. Their biggest mid-term threat has a name imho, its name is Timoshenko. I know Ukrainian (learnt it for fun), watch Espreso, Hromadske and other channels sometimes. 

Jerash:

--- Quote from: Seasoned on June 07, 2018, 10:43:18 AM ---
--- Quote ---   It would be interesting if you gave us more background and your perspective on the reality in the former Soviet Union.             
--- End quote ---

An interesting question.:) I am a Russian, lived in the US and other Western countries for some years. Briefly, I can say that I respect Navalny, Nemtsov and so forth. Cannot say I respect those currently in power here in Russia, RT and local propaganda. A serious economic meltdown is inevitable here in Russia I think, so there is some hope. A lot depends on the EU and the US too, I think they have been too meek, especially the EU. The policy of appeasement never works out well and the money does smell sometime, if you know what I mean.
As to the former Soviet Union at large, we are observing a lot of interesting shifts, rifts and so forth.
You wife is from Ukraine I see. Their biggest mid-term threat has a name imho, its name is Timoshenko. I know Ukrainian (learnt it for fun), watch Espreso, Hromadske and other channels sometimes.

--- End quote ---

I definitely wonder who you really are, since Russians don’t describe a meltdown of the Russian economy as “hope”.  Probably a Russian living safely far away from Russia with no real clue how it really is here or what is really going on here.

Navalny, Babchenko, and Timoshenko - I see you are in the looney camp, and completely clued out.

Let it be noted for all that the Navalny supporter hopes for the economic meltdown of Russia.

And that is exactly why no stable-minded people consider Navalny to be of any significance at all, except his Western backers.

You will be disappointed to know that your economic forecasts are about as amateurish as the people you think are politically significant.

We are doing quite well here in Russia and keep moving in the right direction.

Seasoned:

--- Quote ---        I definitely wonder who you really are, since Russians don’t describe a meltdown of the Russian economy as “hope”.  Probably a Russian living safely far away from Russia with no real clue how it really is here or what is really going on here.

Navalny, Babchenko, and Timoshenko - I see you are in the looney camp, and completely clued out.

Let it be noted for all that the Navalny supporter hopes for the economic meltdown of Russia.

And that is exactly why no stable-minded people consider Navalny to be of any significance at all, except his Western backers.

You will be disappointed to know that your economic forecasts are about as amateurish as the people you think are politically significant.

We are doing quite well here in Russia and keep moving in the right direction.

--- End quote ---

WE? Who are we and who has entitled you to speak on behalf of all the Russians? I have heard it all many times. The history is the only and the ruthless judge, we will see what She says, quite soon. What is the right direction in your view? The thing is, I don't see any direction, all I see is pure and simple feudalism from the beginning of the 19th century.
By hope I meant the famous battle between the fridge and the tvset. I think the tvset is losing already... Gas (aka petrol) prices have jumped over the cliff recently, for instance. Rubble keeps falling even on the backdrop of high oil prices, what will happen to it if/when oil costs 30 bucks again? Over 20 million Russians live below the poverty line (which itself is a joke, like 150 dollars per month, so in reality the penury rates are way higher), over 60% of Russians don't have any savings and live from hand to mouth. Et cetera. All this is the direct result of today's regime policies you fully support.
And it is not about Nemtsov or Navalny at all, it is about ideas - they are bulletproof and you cannot throw them to prison. By and large, Russia is a European country, it is built mostly on the European culture (literature, theater, science, music, architecture, you name it).
By the way, you probably didn't read what I said. As a putinist you probably should support Timoshenko, I said she is a clear-cut threat to today's Ukraine. The Kremlin would surely adore having her as the next Ukr president.
Anyway, I have enough of these discussions on other forums, I don't plan to have them here as well.:)
P.S. I live in Saint Petersburg, good enough for you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version