The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: updated list of sites  (Read 17393 times)

Offline Olga_Mouse

• Trips: Resident
Re: Guile's American ego badly hurt
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2019, 02:38:43 AM »
As for your age I can't help you there. 
:ROFL: That's one of the funniest phrases I've lately read! Help with my age? What can it possibly be? A time machine to make me look younger, while keeping all my life experience? Or an offer to fake the date of birth in my passport? Just curious  :chuckle:   That's truly interesting to look into the brain of an individual who can come to an idea, that somebody else might possibly need "help with an age"  :laugh:

You have been on this forum for 12 years and couldn't find a guy?! 
I have always considered that forum as place for improving my English and exchanging opinions, not as a hunting area.

Maybe you do need help after all.
I am a self-made woman and proud of it  :knit:  No help needed, really - but thanks for offering anyway  :laugh:
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Offline Olga_Mouse

Re: updated list of sites
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2019, 02:41:55 AM »
Olga btw, how long have you lived in America? Probably not as long as I have lived in Russia.

Guile, the destiny was merciful to me - I have never lived in America  :thumbsup:  Two business-projects (one in NY, one in LA) have sufficed to cement the point of view, based on previous communications with US-citizens: I do not like this country  :biggrin:

Online Guile

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2019, 02:52:57 AM »

:ROFL: That's one of the funniest phrases I've lately read! Help with my age? What can it possibly be? A time machine to make me look younger, while keeping all my life experience? Or an offer to fake the date of birth in my passport? Just curious  :chuckle:   That's truly interesting to look into the brain of an individual who can come to an idea, that somebody else might possibly need "help with an age"  :laugh:

English is still your 2nd language and you misread what I meant.  Not making yourself look younger but the age group which you are targeting. 

As I am a good decade younger my social circle in Moscow and in general tend to all be people under 40. 

You are looking for men 45 and over of which I know none...Wiz and Moby on the other hand might know a few suitable ones  :ROFL:

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2019, 02:56:31 AM »

You have been on this forum for 12 years and couldn't find a guy?! 
I have always considered that forum as place for improving my English and exchanging opinions, not as a hunting area.

Maybe you do need help after all.
I am a self-made woman and proud of it  :knit:  No help needed, really - but thanks for offering anyway  :laugh:

You're a sharp cookie Olga, I like your style!  tiphat

Online Guile

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2019, 03:00:57 AM »
Olga btw, how long have you lived in America? Probably not as long as I have lived in Russia.

Guile, the destiny was merciful to me - I have never lived in America  :thumbsup:  Two business-projects (one in NY, one in LA) have sufficed to cement the point of view, based on previous communications with US-citizens: I do not like this country  :biggrin:

So you visited NY and LA and didn't like it. No biggie.  I lived in Moscow and even as the biggest, most modern city in Russia it can't hold a candle to either NY or LA.  Truth. 

What you are saying is that you don't like American people, not the country. Big difference. 

Online Guile

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2019, 03:11:25 AM »
Olga you got a chip on your shoulder that's blocking your view.  Quoting one of my favourite philosophers "It is like a finger pointing to the moon...don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2019, 05:05:21 AM »
So you visited NY and LA and didn't like it. No biggie. 
Exactly.

I lived in Moscow and even as the biggest, most modern city in Russia it can't hold a candle to either NY or LA.  Truth.
Nope. That's not the ultimate truth, but your own point of view, based on your personal system of values. But to each his own - we're all free people here, and anyone shall choose what fits for him \ her  :)

What you are saying is that you don't like American people, not the country. Big difference.
If by "country" you mean nature and the richness of different landscapes - then I do like the country, as much as any other territory with such a diversity.  As to american people... no, don't like their attitude in many cases; their lack of style (no matter if applicable to clothing or to interior design); overwhelming obesity; being narrow-minded is praised; terrible eating habits; prices are displayed without tax; air conditions everywhere; dirt everywhere (no matter if Terminal 1 in JFK, roadsides, or on the plates at the breakfast buffet in 4* Marriott Hotel). And many, many more things... So NO, thank you.

I surely can admit that there are people who feel well in America, or maybe even want to move there. To each his own, as said above...

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2019, 05:08:35 AM »
Sting123,

WHY are you telling people you 'lived' in the UK ?

You might like to check your v.own posts ..

Reality and your need to 'fit' seem to be in conflict ...

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2019, 08:52:19 AM »
Yes, I'm 46, and not interested in dating kids  :ROFL:

Just as a side note, do be aware that some younger people are more mature than average (and conversely, some older folks are quite immature). But with that said, I do think dating within your own age bracket is a wise choice.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Online Guile

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2019, 11:29:41 AM »

WHY are you telling people you 'lived' in the UK ?

You might like to check your v.own posts ..

Reality and your need to 'fit' seem to be in conflict ...

moby, unlike you I actually tell the truth.  Last I checked London is part of the UK. Worked and lived there for almost a year.  Still have my work visa in my old passport and stamp dates in and out of Heathrow/Gatwick.

Tell me, how many times have you been in Russia the past 5 years?  Do you have the Russian visas to prove it?  It ain't cheap applying for one every few months if you say you've been there as often as you have.

Everyone here calls you a constant, perpetual liar. Don't try to "swerve" and lie again.

Offline Bruce Lee

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2019, 01:52:28 PM »
Quoting one of my favourite philosophers "It is like a finger pointing to the moon...don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."
Quit quoting Bruce there big fella, I’ve trade marked that one :-X
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Online Guile

« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2019, 03:08:32 PM »
Quoting one of my favourite philosophers "It is like a finger pointing to the moon...don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."
Quit quoting Bruce there big fella, I’ve trade marked that one :-X

Seeing as my ancestral lineage is from Bruce's hometown and I speak his native language, not to mention I trained in JKD...I'm pretty sure I got more rights to quote him than you!  ;D  Now empty your mind, be formless, shapeless..like water.

Online Guile

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2019, 03:13:45 PM »
Be water my friend :8)

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2019, 05:08:58 PM »
As to american people... no, don't like their attitude in many cases; their lack of style (no matter if applicable to clothing or to interior design); overwhelming obesity; being narrow-minded is praised; terrible eating habits; prices are displayed without tax; air conditions everywhere; dirt everywhere (no matter if Terminal 1 in JFK, roadsides, or on the plates at the breakfast buffet in 4* Marriott Hotel).

Not being a native born person in the USA, here are my comments about this statement.

Lack of style -  No comment since I have none.   :chuckle:
Obesity -  this was not that prevalent when I was very young.  The food manufacturers may be to blame for this.
Narrow minded - people with similar opinions tend to bolster each other. Empaths are rare in any society.
Eating habits - If this is in reference to the daily diet, then the obesity statement also applies here.
Prices without tax -  this is actually a ploy to make the purchaser think that what they are getting is less than the actual total cost.  Also since some states in this country have state sales tax, sellers tend to separate the state sales tax charge for easier accounting tabulations.  Classic example is the rental car total billing statement which is itemized by type of charges (base charge plus many miscellaneous fees).
Air conditioning everywhere - A/C was non-existent before the 20th century.  This is an attempt to moderate the climate where extreme temperatures can occur.  Without it, hypothermia and heat stroke deaths would increase dramatically.
Dirt everywhere  -  This is a symptom of most urban areas.  However, there are exceptions such as Singapore where you get "caned" for throwing a wad of gum on the street.  In this case, the country needs to enforce anti-littering rules and "beat the crap" out of dissenters.   :chuckle:

What? Dirt on a Marriott breakfast buffet plate?  As a former dishwasher myself (hand washed), many of the cleaning work now is done by machines.  Automation is the future.  So if something gets overlooked, well, that's how the cookie crumbles.   :chuckle:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
updated list of sites
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2019, 03:06:21 PM »
Free dating sites are fine, but there are a few drawbacks ..

The original topic was "updated list of sites" I'm sure that you have one
that you recommend and provide everyone a link for?
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Manny

« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2019, 09:43:45 AM »

You mean Steve’s site: www.bridesandlovers.com ?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2019, 01:10:25 PM »

You mean Steve’s site: www.bridesandlovers.com ?

:thumbsup:  Yes always be careful when searching for a Russian or Ukrainian women and use one of the trusted sites  https://bridesandlovers.com/legitimate-ukrainian-datingsite .. and remember you always get what you pay for...

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2019, 05:22:43 AM »
Because it is almost inevitable that when a first time poster drops a link to some random mail order Bride site then it is a spam link from some amateur link spammer.

Are you different? Tell us, how did you get on with your 'dating' of Ukrainian women. What was different to your previous dating experiences?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2019, 06:55:43 AM »
My issue was the 'advice' from said site. It runs counter to common sense and what many members here have experienced and done.

My suggestion read travel reports here and ask questions.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2019, 03:46:31 PM »
The main advantage of joining this site is that it offers a strong anti-scam policy.

All of the paid sites have this policy, but that does not mean that fake or insincere profiles are not listed there.  Nobody can give you a blanket 100% genuine individual all of the time.  Just as when you go to eat a restaurant and expect the food to be perfect every time.
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2019, 01:19:25 AM »
it's just a scam blog fro "Victoria brides" A absolute pile of shit.. 100% fake for every women, they will take your cash and once they have your card details they will debit money from your card without authorization..

This outfit constantly make profiles in my web sites with ridiculously fake women, just the sort of women muppets like  :laugh:

But good news is on the horizon as well as the PPL and pay for credit sites coming to an end soon, legislation will put an end to it,, Credit card companies will also finish most off in the near future, these sites have a terrible "Chargeback" reputations and use third party card processors .. no one will offer them card processing services soon..

https://www.globaldatinginsights.com/insight/editorial/guest-post-incoming-visa-regulations-to-impact-dating-industry-companies/

The days are numbered..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline andrew99

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2019, 02:50:23 AM »
In the UK are there easier ways to meet FSU women there instead of traveling to FSU?

Are there dating sites for UK guys to meet FSU women in the UK?

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2019, 04:06:54 AM »
My info may be over 5 years out of date...

FDating.com,   dmnotify.com...

You can choose to search by nation and language...

Why do you wish to avoid dating non UK resident FSU ladies ?
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2019, 05:16:53 AM »
In the UK are there easier ways to meet FSU women there instead of traveling to FSU?

Mamba.ru works quite well. Depending upon your location you might need to pay for VIP membership - but it is worth paying for anyway!
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline andrew99

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2019, 05:42:37 AM »

Mamba.ru works quite well. Depending upon your location you might need to pay for VIP membership - but it is worth paying for anyway!

ok this is a large website as i thought there might be niche markets for the UK with Brexit

Registration