The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: updated list of sites  (Read 17392 times)

Online Guile

Re: updated list of sites
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2019, 05:27:25 PM »
Здравствуй Ольга, я работал в Москве...I know the expat community there well, Americans, Canadians, Brits, Aussies...some Europeans.

My age group is younger, late 20's and 30's but I know some guys over 40. 

Я скоро вернусь в Россию, я могу вам помочь.

But the admins took my PM messaging away so I don't have a personal contact.  So if I can contact you somehow or tell Manny to enable my PM again then we can talk further.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Fdating.com: your average reply rate?
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2019, 05:38:01 PM »
Hi guys,
if anyone here is using fdating.com - what is your average "reply rate" and "moving to Whatsapp \ Skype" rate?  ???

My response is based on 'data' from five years ago..

My profile was 'hard' - "please read my age.. I'm looking for a life partner - not to be father-figure - as I do not seek someone who could be my daughter "

Guess what? ....  75 percent of letters came from ...  ladies young enough to BE my daughter ..

I pointed out that, " I was shallow ( looks are still important )  and sought someone who looked after their body and mind, defo a non-smoker - that's a deal-breaker"

..and that a "reasonable knowledge of English was preferable - as my Russian - though better than most western men - would make you laugh"

I ended up finding ancient profiles of SC - no logins in months and spent over a month trying to track her down via social media

Found her on Odnoklassniki and she responded within 12 hours and we were skyping within 24 hours .. Her English was AWFUL - but at least we'd both been at school together - though quite a few classes apart .. 

Going to Skype was her idea

I was on the site for a month and got 30 plus letters a day  - dropping to 5 / day and THREE ladies wrote to me who had written to me 7 years earlier and two of them didn't remember they had written before !

I tried RussianCupid, dmnotify, Mamba and fdating

Sorry, Steve - didn't know about you !

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2019, 05:39:49 PM »
May I ask why should we provide this private information to you? 

Are you taking dating statistics?  Last I knew you were a musical promoter and travel agent.

Chillax,

Olga is not data mining - just curious .. to compare..her experiences

Offline Olga_Mouse

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2019, 10:44:35 AM »
May I ask why should we provide this private information to you? 

Are you taking dating statistics? 

Last I knew you were a musical promoter and travel agent.

First, i am not considering average response rate on some particular site being a personal information. In my book it rather qualifies as experience - and that's what this forum is about: exchanging experiences!

Second, yes you're right - i'd like to see the stats (and compare other forum members' experiences with mine).

Third, yes i'm in the same business still. Can't really see a contradiction between my professional activities, and the ways i'm using to improve my personal life.
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2019, 11:27:15 AM »

We're all older and wiser now. I think............

That's amusing ...  You were a fan of 'Trampu's' once .. !

Then there's 'Brexit' and

Katie Holmes ..

Proving beyond shadow of a doubt that he is indeed wise and you’re not.

Those who are incapable of challenging govt. controlled spoon fed “conventional wisdom” should not even be able to speak or write, they should go back to pre-school and be home-schooled by their elders.  :coffeeread:

Offline 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2019, 03:44:09 PM »
How does your scam horror applies to female users of free sites, please?

It sounds like he works to eliminates the African goat herders who
can't afford a bowl of rice to eat much less a ticket to visit Moscow
and those who only want to sex chat, exchange penis photos etc.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline 2tallbill

Re: Fdating.com reply rate
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2019, 03:50:44 PM »
...and back to fdating.

My current experience is: from 20 initial messages sent maybe 4 would be answered, and out of this 4 maybe 1 conversation will develop to WhatsApp-ing stage.

Wondering if the view from Mars is different from the view from Venus?  :knit:

All my information is old, but my results were similar to yours.
What sort of age spread do you use?

I used 12 years back when I was still hunting.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2019, 03:56:21 PM »
All my information is old, but my results were similar to yours.

Aha...  :reading: Thanks for the info, Bill!

What sort of age spread do you use? I used 12 years back when I was still hunting.
I use +10.

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2019, 02:00:56 PM »
I use +10.

That probably explains our similar results.

Udachi Miss Mouse!

Offline Manny

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2019, 02:58:55 PM »
I ended up finding ancient profiles of SC - no logins in months and spent over a month trying to track her down via social media

Found her on Odnoklassniki and she responded within 12 hours and we were skyping within 24 hours .. Her English was AWFUL -

Make a topic on that. Sounds like a great story. I'd like to read it.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2019, 06:50:34 PM »
I might when I am considered a good boy.i

Offline BillyB

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2019, 09:45:51 AM »

Olga, getting poor response rates at dating/marriage agencies are normal or should be normal. Some profiles are abandoned and the people there won't respond. Some people won't like how we look or find us incompatible based on what we say in our intro letter.

I've seen men claim they have near a 100% response rate and think it's all real. Either they look like Brad Pitt or they are using questionable agencies.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2019, 10:31:28 AM »

Olga, getting poor response rates at dating/marriage agencies are normal or should be normal. Some profiles are abandoned and the people there won't respond. Some people won't like how we look or find us incompatible based on what we say in our intro letter.

I've seen men claim they have near a 100% response rate and think it's all real. Either they look like Brad Pitt or they are using questionable agencies.

Either they look like Brad Pitt That is 100% correct there are some very good looking guys who seem to have good jobs and every thing going for them, often in their 40/50's and yes they certainly get piles of letters and interest from all of the women..

For some of these guys you can see they should have NO problem finding a good women, but unfortunately most of these guys will be stuck on a web site for many years 3/4/5 years
and in fact seldom find someone .. yes it is true!!

It is called the "Candy shop effect"

They sign up get bombarded with messages from lots of nice ladies but are never satisfied with who they are chatting with, one day it is beautiful Olga 38 from Moscow, then along comes beautiful Karina 36 from St Petersburg, Olga from Moscow who he's been chatting with a few days is "Dropped" like a ton of shit..

And so it goes on for months, even years..

They will travel to Moscow to meet Irina 35 who they will love to bits BUT when they get home they have a message from Natalya 32 from Kazan.. that is how it works out for many good looking guys..

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline 2tallbill

updated list of sites
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2019, 04:32:02 PM »

Sounds like pay per letter site results.

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2019, 05:37:58 AM »

Bill, I know that's pretty normal - and there even is a Russian saying "I am not a 100  :money: banknote to be liked by everybody". I was rather wondering about statistics and the results other forum members are getting  :biggrin:

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2019, 05:47:15 AM »
My profile was 'hard' - "please read my age...  I'm looking for a life partner - not to be father-figure - as I do not seek someone who could be my daughter"

Mine is even harder, I guess: a typical Muscovite, with university degree and own business, slightly tired of jet-setting during last 20 years. Cooking is not my strong point.

THREE ladies wrote to me who had written to me 7 years earlier, and two of them didn't remember they had written before!
Well, I also wouldn't have remembered someone whom I wrote 7 years ago - unless this communication had evolved (back then) to the real meeting.

I tried RussianCupid, dmnotify, Mamba and fdating
Nearly the same (except from dmnotify - what's that? Need to investigate...)
Russian Cupid (ex "Russian Euro") now has also introduced paid membership?  :-\

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2019, 05:51:13 AM »
Здравствуй Ольга, я работал в Москве...I know the expat community there well, Americans, Canadians, Brits, Aussies... some Europeans.
Aiming at EU solely.

Я скоро вернусь в Россию, я могу вам помочь.
I can't recall asking anyone here - and you personally - for help?  (:)

But the admins took my PM messaging away so I don't have a personal contact. 
So if I can contact you somehow or tell Manny to enable my PM again then we can talk further.
Guile, I haven't been active on the forum for a few years - have no time to read all your posts trying to figure out who you are, and what do you want.
BUT I do know Manny for 12 years, and I am sure that if he has blocked PM function for you - he had a reason (or a few) to do it.
So I would rather trust his judgement.
Thank you for understanding.  tiphat

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2019, 06:47:16 AM »
Back when I was still dating, I used mostly small local sites that knew their members well.

I targetted from -5 to +5 age group and got nearly 2 -3 out of every 5 women to reply. 1 reply would be a polite turn-down and the others couldn't be bothered to write back. I also didn't write profiles that had more than 2 months as 'last reply/login'.

In the end, it was a small agency that landed me success too, the larger ones (both dutch and russian oriented) never worked out for me.
Lena was -6 to my age but people that knew her said i should write her anyway. She later became my wife and now we have 2 sons together.

Mark.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online Guile

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2019, 12:21:05 PM »

Aiming at EU solely.

ok ни пуха ни пера...careful with those European guys though...I have many Russian friends who dated them, French, Italian, German...usually it ended badly.  But 1 or 2 got married!

Just read that you are over 40 years old.  So I couldn't help in any case as my social circle is 20's and 30's.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2019, 11:03:34 PM »

Aiming at EU solely.

ok ни пуха ни пера...careful with those European guys though...I have many Russian friends who dated them, French, Italian, German...usually it ended badly.  But 1 or 2 got married!

Just read that you are over 40 years old.  So I couldn't help in any case as my social circle is 20's and 30's.

Also remember lots of those European guys are really weird! I mean they are into all sorts of things  :ROFL:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online Guile

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2019, 11:54:36 PM »

Also remember lots of those European guys are really weird! I mean they are into all sorts of things  :ROFL:

the French are the weirdest..just arrogant ppl with no regard.  Brits are ok but can be quirky.  I can think of 1 or 2 on this board  :ROFL:

steveboy you're from the UK right...well, you seem pretty normal.  In the end it's the individual.

Russians actually are cool in general.  I get along well with most of them.

Offline Olga_Mouse

Steveboy's picture of European men
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2019, 12:18:18 AM »
Also remember lots of those European guys are really weird!

Steveboy, was your comment addressed to me? Just for your information: I have spent half of my life on tours, traveling across the whole globe for job, having my own business during last 6 years, and working primarily on the international level now. I know nearly every corner of Europe, and I love it. No need to share your US-based point of view about European men with a European woman, really! Investing your time in promoting your agency's services will bring you more profit, I suppose.

I mean they are into all sorts of things  :ROFL:
As well as Americans, Brits, Japanese, Australians, and so on. Or you really think there is a nation where men are into just one "sort of things"? If this is your real point of view, I recommend you to communicate more with real people from different countries, instead of focusing on your US neighbours only. Communication can enrich your knowledge of human nature, IMO.

Offline Olga_Mouse

Guile's American ego badly hurt
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2019, 12:22:17 AM »
ok ни пуха ни пера... careful with those European guys though... I have many Russian friends who dated them, French, Italian, German... usually it ended badly.  But 1 or 2 got married!
That's funny how you americans react when someone doesn't find your country, lifestyle and mentality attractive  :chuckle:  You guys are so much used to see yourselves as the center of the world, that the bare idea that someone might not share your opinion hurts your egos extremely  :chuckle:

Yes, I'm 46, and not interested in dating kids  :ROFL:

Online Guile

Re: Guile's American ego badly hurt
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2019, 12:44:14 AM »

That's funny how you americans react when someone doesn't find your country, lifestyle and mentality attractive  :chuckle:  You guys are so much used to see yourselves as the center of the world, that the bare idea that someone might not share your opinion hurts your egos extremely  :chuckle:

Yes, I'm 46, and not interested in dating kids  :ROFL:

Olga, I have dual residency and am an ethnic minority.  If you saw/talked to me you would never guess I am American. 

My ancestors are from a country that is emerging fast as the centre of the world, no not USA but the Middle Kingdom.  I have lived in North America, England, France, Italy, Russia, Asia and speak 4 languages including Russian although it is my weakest.

See how much assuming you made from an online forum?   :laugh:

As for your age I can't help you there.  You have been on this forum for 12 years and couldn't find a guy?!  Maybe you do need help after all. 

Online Guile

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2019, 01:07:56 AM »
Olga btw, how long have you lived in America?  Probably not as long as I have lived in Russia.