The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: What do you think she's looking for?  (Read 1381 times)

Offline htrj

• Spouses Country: United Kingdom
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: What do you think she's looking for?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2018, 04:03:20 PM »
I shall have a look later, thanks for the tip.

For clarity, it was her who said "everyone in Russia is evil"....... I would not so much as think such a thing.

As for the insecurities, i was asked some time ago, probably by one of the more sobering members of the forum, if the woman i was seeing was "out of my league". The point being that if she wasnt, what was the point? I shall take your comments on board, but i think we all agree that i am drawn to this girls appearance.......... almost...... "soul"ly.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2018, 04:27:58 PM »
If family is so important in Russian culture how come the fathers of these kids keep abandoning their pregnant girlfriend's? Dont Russian men develop the same family values?

Women in the former Soviet Union tend to have children younger when relationships are more fragile and there is less maturity. This is slowly changing.

Women's loyalty in the fSU is almost always patriarchal and directed towards the mother and babushka. 'Stray sperm shots' that produce sproglets are frequently the unfortunate ones. But the mothers often have a reasonable support network and manage to raise children that often are more respectful than many brats I see in the West.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline htrj

• Spouses Country: United Kingdom
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2018, 03:08:31 AM »
If family is so important in Russian culture how come the fathers of these kids keep abandoning their pregnant girlfriend's? Dont Russian men develop the same family values?

Women in the former Soviet Union tend to have children younger when relationships are more fragile and there is less maturity. This is slowly changing.

Women's loyalty in the fSU is almost always patriarchal and directed towards the mother and babushka. 'Stray sperm shots' that produce sproglets are frequently the unfortunate ones. But the mothers often have a reasonable support network and manage to raise children that often are more respectful than many brats I see in the West.

Of the handful of FSU raised children I have met they do seem more rounded than some of their British counterparts. More respectful, better table manners, better behaved etc. They still arent perfect kids but in my experience they just seem more "down to earth".

I was half watching something last night about how British kids have been over medicalised, everything from drinking Calpol like tap water to taking nasty soul destroying stuff for hyperactive disorder. The program featured a Dutch psychiatrist who claimed she had had good results by teaching hyperactive kids to "meditate". That strategy may have worked for her in the Netherlands but with the British kids the session was predictably disastrous.

Registration