The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Education in Russia  (Read 105 times)

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Education in Russia
« on: May 15, 2018, 11:32:03 PM »
This 'russophobe' has seen a few secondary schools in Russia and is constantly impressed by the standard of the IT skills the kids have.

A friend of mine conducts after school classes and his students attended a Computer Security competition for under 16's - with kids from all over Russia.

They came second out of 159 teams

When he came to Cheltenham - to a REALLY well known school - he was surprised to note how much more advanced his kids were in skill sets than the UK equiv.

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Education in Russia
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 11:30:54 AM »
This 'russophobe' has seen a few secondary schools in Russia and is constantly impressed by the standard of the IT skills the kids have.

A friend of mine conducts after school classes and his students attended a Computer Security competition for under 16's - with kids from all over Russia.

They came second out of 159 teams

When he came to Cheltenham - to a REALLY well known school - he was surprised to note how much more advanced his kids were in skill sets than the UK equiv.

We have to kids going to school here and I would say Russian schools far out class British ones today. Wife's boy is only 14 and already going to coding lessons in the evening twice a week..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!