The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: UK visitor visa application  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Ste

• Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: UK visitor visa application
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 02:05:33 AM »
Schengen info is shared too (UK and IRL have read only access)

Be prepared for visa costs especially with a child, doubles the cost (assuming child is not British or able to register as British), you’re looking at about £4K for the first ones including IHS fee, and same again in 2.5 years. Then ILR and citizenship. Budget 18-20k over next five years. Visa refusal won’t affect settlement but will slow things down, due diligence and all that.

Another issue is permission to allow child to emigrate, need fathers permission and court order.

And lastly, UKBA was disbanded as unfit for purpose, replaced with UKVI.
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 09:59:45 AM »

Be prepared for visa costs especially with a child, doubles the cost (assuming child is not British or able to register as British), you’re looking at about £4K for the first ones including IHS fee, and same again in 2.5 years. Then ILR and citizenship. Budget 18-20k over next five years. Visa refusal won’t affect settlement but will slow things down, due diligence and all that.

Another issue is permission to allow child to emigrate, need fathers permission and court order.

With the same ministry, the same bosses, the same idiots making the decisions..

Nothing changes just by changing a name... :'(
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Ste

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 10:43:17 AM »

With the same ministry, the same bosses, the same idiots making the decisions..

Nothing changes just by changing a name... :'(

True. I was just showing off!

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 06:02:47 PM »
She does already have some travel history, most of which i would guess is not so useful as it was to Egypt, Turkey and Morocco. But she has also been to Amsterdam. 

Correct that for these purposes Egypt, Turkey and Morocco are worthless. They've all been there and there are no restrictions to enter.

If Amsterdam then she has a Schengen in her passport - so she'll get another. Maybe less so if it was one of the "tours" they do. But 2 days in Holland is worth 2 years in Egypt, Turkey or Morocco for our purposes IMO.

Think of travel history like a tier: Egypt, Turkey and Morocco = 0. Poland, Lithuania, Latvia et al = 1. Malta, Greece = 3. Germany, Holland, France = 8. USA/UK = 10. Think about it - we all know Denmark or Sweden is worth more than Slovenia or Bulgaria in the "where did you go and still went home" stakes. 

France isnt too difficult we found. Half of Africa is there already but as they are still Schengen it has value. 

Belgium we found easy too. Nobody wants to go to Belgium so the visa offices are hardly over run with applications.

Estonia was the easiest: Nobody even knows where it is and almost nobody goes there so the visa offices are pleased to have something to rubber stamp. Same with Finland - but both are Schengen.
please tell me where I'm being / have been 'dishonest'? 
Yes, he said that.........

Offline Ste

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2018, 08:06:01 AM »
New fees for 2018 as of today;

Visa fee £1523 + £1200 IHS + £573 Priority Fee if wanted, so that's £2753 or £3323 per person for first 2.5 years.

Same again 2.5 year later except IHS feee £1000 (but prices will have gone up anyway).

2.5 years after another £2389 person (no IHS for ILR), plus £1330 per person for citizenship if wanted.

So that's a whacking £7492 per person minimum start to finish.

Better start looking down the back of the settee.....

Offline sparky114

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2018, 12:20:26 AM »

Visa fee £1523 + £1200 IHS + £573 Priority Fee if wanted, so that's £2753 or £3323 per person for first 2.5 years.

Same again 2.5 year later except IHS feee £1000 (but prices will have gone up anyway).

2.5 years after another £2389 person (no IHS for ILR), plus £1330 per person for citizenship if wanted.

Not sure of the calculations there Ste  :hidechair:

we now get plenty of Ukrainian coming on to construction sites I had 4 guys this week
most of which have followed the new route of finding some distant relative who was polish or Romania etc....and hey bingo the golden ticket arrives
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2018, 06:48:56 AM »

we now get plenty of Ukrainian coming on to construction sites I had 4 guys this week
most of which have followed the new route of finding some distant relative who was polish or Romania etc....and hey bingo the golden ticket arrives
What Sparky notes is about the same as many Turkish citizens 'discovering' or 'finding' a relative in Bulgaria. With this new found 'relationship' they can obtain an passport from an EU nation.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Ste

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2018, 02:03:45 PM »

Yeah I had three goes - different answers - must be a bug in all calculators ;)

Not sure re: EU extended family members, just covers, unmarried partners, cousins, MIL's etc, and even then (in UK) there is no right to work. Must be forged docs saying they're direct family members or are extended and granted right to work - check with UKVI right to work thingy - I'll dig out a link.

Rule is loosely direct family members (ie it direct line of descendcy or ascendancy) are granted right to work, extendeds ie sideways ones, aunties etc, aren't. Even then all have to prove dependancy in country of origin.

It is much more difficult than it was in UK at least cos tightening up is a vote-winner....